These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Cruisers

First post First post First post
Author
Flyinghotpocket
Doomheim
#941 - 2014-04-13 04:05:06 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Xavier Thorm wrote:

Also, can we get a less horrendously ugly model for the Gila already? P


get out

if they change the ape carrying a briefcase im canceling sub(gila)

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#942 - 2014-04-13 04:17:41 UTC
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
if they change the ape carrying a briefcase im canceling sub(gila)

It does look better with the new graphics update.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#943 - 2014-04-13 04:46:39 UTC
Silivar Karkun wrote:


would have preferred a +1 drone bonus instead of that 500% bonus, its a unique bonus already for a non capital ship (the guardian vexor is the only subcap with that bonus), but CCP seems to agree in going over the supposed chart and give pirate ships an specialized role, much as T2, when they're supposed to be an upgrade above the other T1 ships, and as such have a general aplication.....



More drones means more lag. No ship will ever be getting that bonus back. That's why Interfacing was changed to +damage from +drones.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#944 - 2014-04-13 07:15:08 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
CCP Rise, please pimp my Mach next week...
• Drop one turret and turn it into a six-gun (looks better)
• Remove one high slot and extend an additional mid slot instead
• 37.5% rate of fire role bonus to offset the turret loss


and here is me thinking the only battleship you fly is 18bil pimped CNR's..

8-6-6 should be mach layout 7 turrets is fine allows a neut


That will kill the Armor Mach. Stop it...

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#945 - 2014-04-13 10:40:05 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Xavier Thorm wrote:
Also, can we get a less horrendously ugly model for the Gila already? P

It's a feature with Caldari ships. Lol
What about switching it to something like the Osprey instead?


I'd be down with that. Osprey is the sexiest of the fat-bird ships next to the prophecy. <3
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#946 - 2014-04-13 10:47:09 UTC
hi Fozzie and Rise,

I don't think the changes to the Gila are making much sense, the Gallente bonus is the missile bonus when we all know that the gallente are not masters of missile technology, that's a caldari discipline. I think the role bonus should be a 50% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage and the gallente bonus should be a drone related advantage of some kind.

Also given the new changes to medium drones I think a 500% bonus to medium drone damage and hitpoints whilst attractive is a little too high and will surely result in a nerf at some time in the near future. We all know there's nothing more depressing than a nerf.

Love the phantasm though.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#947 - 2014-04-13 10:52:34 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
Silivar Karkun wrote:


would have preferred a +1 drone bonus instead of that 500% bonus, its a unique bonus already for a non capital ship (the guardian vexor is the only subcap with that bonus), but CCP seems to agree in going over the supposed chart and give pirate ships an specialized role, much as T2, when they're supposed to be an upgrade above the other T1 ships, and as such have a general aplication.....



More drones means more lag. No ship will ever be getting that bonus back. That's why Interfacing was changed to +damage from +drones.

True and of course there are so many Guristas ship out there the lag produced by them would be simply mind boggling.

I'd so be willing to pay to hear from a Dev, the logic behind the upcoming changes to Guristas Ships and the roles they are expected to fill.

NB; CCP Rise - it will be fun and give pilots new ways of using them - just won'y cut it, you tried that one with rapid launchers and aside from very limited niche situations, they are just not fun.

I always believed having developers who actually played the game they were designing would be good for the game.. Recent history is very quickly pushing that theory way way off into the distance. Simply removing ships and modules from roles they filled and not having viable alternatives is not game "development" as much as it is game changing and not good change.

Maybe the problem isn't that devs play the game so much as their closed minded opinions on how the game should be played by others.

When a company develops a new product or drastically changes an existing 1, they usually poll users in the planning stages to see if it is what their customers want or would use.. If the feedback in the planning stage is not good they go back to the proverbial drawing board.
This doesn't happen in eve, devs get an idea (good or bad) and aside from a little tweaking (if there is enough outcry) users are stuck with it (good or bad).
And before anyone says "the CSM represents players with devs and ccp" the CSM represent their "place" in eve and are by no means representative of the majority of players. Many players disagree with decisions made by CSM, which is pointless because they have no voice. Much the same as feedback devs base a lot of change on, comes from a very small pool of those it will affect.
If CCP Rises attitude towards rapid launchers is to be the example of CCP's position on what players would like to see in the game they play. . . .Well yeah, if you worked for me and treated paying customers with that type of arrogance, you would very quickly be looking for another job.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Gargep Farrow
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#948 - 2014-04-13 12:16:19 UTC
Not sure how I missed this thread, but better late than never.

I find the changes on the Gila to be interesting enough to want to buy one and play around a bit.

Please consider the frequent requests for the extra bandwidth for a fifth small drone, an extra 25m3 to carry those drones, along with the standard 5 or 10 percent bonus to them.



Curious and nervous about what you are going to do to the Rattlesnake.
Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#949 - 2014-04-13 12:47:35 UTC
Gargep Farrow wrote:
Not sure how I missed this thread, but better late than never.

I find the changes on the Gila to be interesting enough to want to buy one and play around a bit.

Please consider the frequent requests for the extra bandwidth for a fifth small drone, an extra 25m3 to carry those drones, along with the standard 5 or 10 percent bonus to them.



Curious and nervous about what you are going to do to the Rattlesnake.


Pretty much this. Drone bonused boat and can't even field a flight of unbonused ligths, a trait enjoyed by the majority of cruiser+ sized ships in the game. This needs to happen IMO. 25 bandwith for a full flight of lights, or at least some bonus to HP of lights. Without that it will end up a little too far into the corner of a "all or nothing" brawler.
Gargep Farrow
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#950 - 2014-04-13 12:47:39 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:




Maybe the problem isn't that devs play the game so much as their closed minded opinions on how the game should be played by others.




Sorry to cut your post down to such a small snippet, but the above if expanded it covers the main problem Eve has. Its not just the devs, its a good portion of the players also. "My play style is right and yours is wrong" is way too prevalent in the game. This also makes the idea of polling players on new changes almost worthless as 1 group will love a change and another will hate it with a passion. Well there is the "if both sides a bitching it must be a good change" option, but that can backfire badly

Gargep Farrow
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#951 - 2014-04-13 12:51:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Gargep Farrow
Nam Dnilb wrote:
Gargep Farrow wrote:
Not sure how I missed this thread, but better late than never.

I find the changes on the Gila to be interesting enough to want to buy one and play around a bit.

Please consider the frequent requests for the extra bandwidth for a fifth small drone, an extra 25m3 to carry those drones, along with the standard 5 or 10 percent bonus to them.



Curious and nervous about what you are going to do to the Rattlesnake.


Pretty much this. Drone bonused boat and can't even field a flight of unbonused ligths, a trait enjoyed by the majority of cruiser+ sized ships in the game. This needs to happen IMO. 25 bandwith for a full flight of lights, or at least some bonus to HP of lights. Without that it will end up a little too far into the corner of a "all or nothing" brawler.

Thanks for putting the proper justification out for the extra bandwidth.
marVLs
#952 - 2014-04-13 14:16:01 UTC
Gila (removed drone bandwidth):

Role bonus:
- can deploy maximum 2 drones af any kind

- 200% hp and damage of light drones
- 500% hp and damage of medium drones
- 200% hp and damage of heavy drones


or something like this
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#953 - 2014-04-13 14:22:33 UTC
if it had just 5mbit in addition, that surely would't be so bad. Could still only use two massively bonused drones - but then there'd be a lone warrior II or ec-300 flying around, which would look quite silly in space.

A Gila (chunk of damage), two Hammerheads (chunk of damage each) and le WTF-drone.
Naomi Anthar
#954 - 2014-04-13 14:32:31 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Gila (removed drone bandwidth):

Role bonus:
- can deploy maximum 2 drones af any kind

- 200% hp and damage of light drones
- 500% hp and damage of medium drones
- 200% hp and damage of heavy drones


or something like this


What would stop pilots from using fighters/fighter-bombers - especially fighter bombers ? It would be silly if Gilas would be never anti capital platforms ;p
Laiannah Sahireen
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#955 - 2014-04-13 14:41:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Laiannah Sahireen
marVLs wrote:
Gila (removed drone bandwidth):

Role bonus:
- can deploy maximum 2 drones af any kind

- 200% hp and damage of light drones
- 500% hp and damage of medium drones
- 200% hp and damage of heavy drones


or something like this


It's a boat that specialises in Medium drones, what is so hard to understand about this? Medium drones are going to be in a better place than you think come come summer.

Also, RLMLs are going to ruin the day of most frigates.

Honestly, 90% of the time I'm in EVE I'm PVPing in lowsec and I barely see any Gilas as it is. If I do, they're usually running sites. Suddenly they announce a change and the entire playerbase is making a fuss.

If the Gila is so precious to everybody, why do I never see anybody PVPing in one?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#956 - 2014-04-13 14:51:17 UTC
Gargep Farrow wrote:
Thanks for putting the proper justification out for the extra bandwidth.

Yeah, +1. I don't see a problem with an additional 5mbit of bandwidth.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#957 - 2014-04-13 15:42:41 UTC  |  Edited by: KaDa en Bauldry
CCP Rise wrote:
There's some sentiment (as there often seems to be) that these changes somehow pigeonhole ships into roles that we have explicitly defined rather than allowing for more open or generalized ships. I would say that while some roles have shifted (no more Sentry Drones for the Gila being the best example), Pirate Faction ships remain a set of very good generalists. We have an opportunity, because of their flavor and cost, to give them some very interesting capabilities that go a bit outside the box, which is great, but we haven't tried to restrict them to a specific environment at all. The Gila will still have plenty of PVE application and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find examples of lost capability for the rest of these ships resulting from the proposed changes.
I'm (also) having some doubts on the Gila's PvE usefulness.

Frigates and cruisers can go after the drones at a moment's notice.
Now since a so greatly buffed Hammerhead will be so good at dealing punishment for ONE drone, while I'm not exactly sure on the agro mechanics, I imagine they can pretty easily present a high-priority target, at which point I am probably forced to recall it, thus losing half my drone damage, instead of 20%.

As such, for level 1 and 2 I would rather take something, that can field 5 lights (especially an Ishtar with a flight of Gardes or the to-be-buffed Bouncers, should rats spawn far enough).
For L3 and L4, ranges become more and more, thus sentries, for me Ishtar wins once more.

For belt-ratting, I can see some use in it, though with the fixed damage bonus a Navy Vexor could probably serve just as well (better?) with 5 velocity/tracking-buffed heavies, while still able to launch a full flight or two of light ECM drones should I be dropped suddenly (I always carry a bunch of those when in low in a drone ship, gives a warm fuzzy feeling when they save my bacon).

Exploration? SoE ships with cloak!

Anoms, Ishtar/SoE again.

Am I missing something of the awesomeness of the proposed Gila apart from being able to fit ...HML?
RLML against interceptors?

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#958 - 2014-04-13 16:11:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Rattlesnake drone change = more Nestor appeal…?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#959 - 2014-04-13 16:30:21 UTC  |  Edited by: KaDa en Bauldry
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Rattlesnake drone change = more Nestor appeal…?

In the case of the Nestor, they saw that what the frig and cruiser hulls could do, the battleship shouldn't try, and went for something different.

Super-sentries might be interesting though...

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.

Fabulous Rod
Darkfall Corp
#960 - 2014-04-13 17:36:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulous Rod
There is no good reason to change Gurstas so drastically. Many Guristas pilots trained to use sentries for a Snake and that is what we want to use, not be forced into switching into Gallente ships due to an inability to see reason on the part of certain devs. Currently the only commonality between Guristas is the use of drones. Missiles, shield bonuses and the hull and ship maneuverability all belong to Caldari. There is no unacceptable overlap with Gallente.


Be a responsible dev instead of an negligent ******* and create "new and exciting" brawler ships instead of shitting on your players and drastically changing old ones, please. You people clearly don't even understand your own game and have your head way too far up your own ass.


Look at all of the valid complaints over your horrible idea and do the right thing.