These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Cruisers

First post First post First post
Author
Naomi Anthar
#1301 - 2014-06-08 22:27:28 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mana Shian wrote:
My corp mate was insta-popped in a Hawk by the Gila's Valkyries. 2000+ damage in a single volley. Crazy stuff.


An hour ago I killed a pvp fit Stratios and chased off his enyo buddy in a PVE fit Gila (I was doing a blood raider anomalie). I didn't even have a point, I did mwd into him when it look like he wanted to warp. Augmented Hammerheads rock.


Anyone taking on Gila in something other than Gila is madmen, anyone taking on worm in anything other than worm ... is also pretty damn crazy.

The only legit way is to blob this thing. And you better blob it hard as those ships easily shrug off smaller blobs.


I was selling Worms at even 120 mil - really if it would not be op it wouldnt jump from 40 mil to 120 mil in 2 months ?
Gila used to get BPCs for ~~115 mil now its selling at 300mil ++.

Market has spoken . now that i almost sold my stockpiles ... i demand nerf hammer.
Sorry silly boys if you though things will last like that now ;ppp.
You should have sold your stockpile as there is like 0% chance those 2 won't be nerfed big time. Rattle is ok as far as i can tell you.


And CCP really ... you did great job with this patch - even made topic about that. But this guristas ... i knew its going to be that stupid. I wasn't crying as i had ~~70 worms to sell and ~~50-60 gilas. So either way i'm winner, kept some of those hulls for myself if you decide that it stays that OP (hahaha that would be league of guristas in PvP).
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#1302 - 2014-06-09 04:29:56 UTC
I too think the worm and gila are just much better then the others pirate cruisers and frigates. Normally you want to look at how you might be able to get a certain range or transversal to kill another ship. But the worm and the gila seem to out tank and out dps every other faction ship at every range.

Have a blaster vigilant with a great web. Well ok come on in close to the gila and you will die. Have rails fit ok then stay far out. You will die out there. Best case? The web will help you escape.

The same is true for the sansha ships ab bonus or the angel speedy ships. At best it will help you escape the gurista ships. There seems to be no fighting them.

Blood raider ship? Missiles and drones dont require cap. But if your lucky you can neut the point off of you and escape the gurista ship. If your lucky.

When it seems your best scenario in every other pirate ship of the class is escaping the gurista ship then something seems wrong.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Dehval
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1303 - 2014-06-09 14:47:20 UTC
Cearain wrote:
I too think the worm and gila are just much better then the others pirate cruisers and frigates. Normally you want to look at how you might be able to get a certain range or transversal to kill another ship. But the worm and the gila seem to out tank and out dps every other faction ship at every range.

Have a blaster vigilant with a great web. Well ok come on in close to the gila and you will die. Have rails fit ok then stay far out. You will die out there. Best case? The web will help you escape.

The same is true for the sansha ships ab bonus or the angel speedy ships. At best it will help you escape the gurista ships. There seems to be no fighting them.

Blood raider ship? Missiles and drones dont require cap. But if your lucky you can neut the point off of you and escape the gurista ship. If your lucky.

When it seems your best scenario in every other pirate ship of the class is escaping the gurista ship then something seems wrong.
Don't fight a Gila without a neut.

Even a single small neut will cap it out in under 3 minutes, medium in half that time. Gila has a worthless capacitor. Enough that you should be able to escape it if you play into that weakness.

Although I do agree with you the ship is too strong. Probably could do with a nerf to the drone bonus from 500% down to 400% or so.
Naomi Anthar
#1304 - 2014-06-09 15:12:00 UTC
Dehval wrote:
Cearain wrote:
I too think the worm and gila are just much better then the others pirate cruisers and frigates. Normally you want to look at how you might be able to get a certain range or transversal to kill another ship. But the worm and the gila seem to out tank and out dps every other faction ship at every range.

Have a blaster vigilant with a great web. Well ok come on in close to the gila and you will die. Have rails fit ok then stay far out. You will die out there. Best case? The web will help you escape.

The same is true for the sansha ships ab bonus or the angel speedy ships. At best it will help you escape the gurista ships. There seems to be no fighting them.

Blood raider ship? Missiles and drones dont require cap. But if your lucky you can neut the point off of you and escape the gurista ship. If your lucky.

When it seems your best scenario in every other pirate ship of the class is escaping the gurista ship then something seems wrong.
Don't fight a Gila without a neut.

Even a single small neut will cap it out in under 3 minutes, medium in half that time. Gila has a worthless capacitor. Enough that you should be able to escape it if you play into that weakness.

Although I do agree with you the ship is too strong. Probably could do with a nerf to the drone bonus from 500% down to 400% or so.


And how he is supposed to tank over 900 dps in that 3 minutes or even 1min and half ? Play into its weakness?
Yet to witness single drawback in worm/gila ;)).

I think it would be safe to assume that missile damage should go 10% - > 7,5%
Drone to what you said.
On top of that shove a bit of either fittings or shield amount.

Yes that sounds like big nerfs. But even after that it will be monstrosity, just a bit less hopefully.
Same goes for worm drop damage bonus from 300% to 250% or even 225%.

And do something about worm fittings it cannot be that i saw people fit 2x medium shield extenders, mwd , rocket launchers damage control and 2x ddas ... or 2 MASB with that combo.

Pretty much fittings are hilarious on this ship, surprised that citadel torpedos dont fit on worm/gila. Almost ;))))).
O2 jayjay
Valklear Tribe
#1305 - 2014-06-09 15:24:52 UTC
Sheimi Madaveda wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:

No one want to kite in a vigilant


Then don't. It still has enough PG with a t2 ACR rig to fit all neutrons + 1600mm plate, just not a t2 plate. Your dreams weren't crushed, rofl.

Also, if your argument is that people don't want to kite with fast, range bonused hulls with a strong bonus to range dictation (webs), then you better think again. How often is the new Garmur LML fit? What about the Crow? Orthrus? Ever seen a brawling fit Rapier? How about an Arazu? Granted, those last two have different reasons (range bonuses, paper thin tank [even Crow can fit more tank relative to its weight class]) for being far away from their victims, but their bonuses ARE geared towards locking enemies down (extreme web/scram range)

Rail Daredevil has been a thing for quite some time in frigate PvP, and now the Vigilant can do the same thing - just bigger.


This guy doesn't pvp in a vigilant.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#1306 - 2014-06-09 16:35:11 UTC
could something be done about the pontoons on the ends of the gila's wings

kidding.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#1307 - 2014-06-09 19:00:43 UTC
the cap on the phantasm is poor ... 3odd mins with an AB and guns running??? its a joke ... its shield recharge rate is inferior too the rest .. i did say it needed updating Rise.....

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#1308 - 2014-06-09 19:03:19 UTC
the orthrus is so powerful with Ham rage doing over 700dps with 25km range.... its hard too justify it ...
HAMS = Torp range .. leaves it and the cerbs dps OP for the range you can get.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Syahra Arran
Aideron Robotics
#1309 - 2014-06-19 18:29:13 UTC
Am I just lacking creativity or is it rather...hard to find a justifiable role for the Ashimmu (and the Cruor) in its new iteration?
It lacks neuting-power, so using it for cap-warfare results in a sub-par neuting Legion or Curse/Pilgrim.
It lacks the web-range to set it apart from a Loki, Rapier or a Huginn (at least in a positive way).
It's sole "rule-breaking feature" are supposed to be the special-Snowflake NOS (not bad in itself), but even with 2 long-range webs you struggle to apply those unless you're using the A-type varation. With a buffer tank you're painfully slow, the active tank variation seems rather...lacking.
I really wanted to make this ship work for me in some way, shape or form but as it stands there's just no reason to use it over an alternative hull in nearly every scenario I could think of.
Even as a damage ship with the NOS feeding the guns (and in case of active rep the tank) it just seems rather ... uninteresting.

But thining of a solution to this problem proves equally difficult. Simply increasing neut range (even with toned-down neut/nos amount) might end up OP, more webrange doesn't really change too much (might be nice tho), more speed might also make it too difficult an enemy to counter...well.
I'm just at a loss, I really like my Ashimmu(s), I just can't seem to find a plausible excuse to use them. Cry

[i][b]I'd hate to find out that the universe really wasn't conspiring against me. It would really jerk the rug out from my persecution complex.[/b][/i]

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1310 - 2014-06-20 12:44:20 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
could something be done about the pontoons on the ends of the gila's wings

kidding.



The ship looks awesome otherwise, I love the mechanic, but the pair of pontoons or canoes just are out of scale. some nice long folding wing extensions or scythes would suit it much better.Big smile

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1311 - 2014-06-20 12:55:03 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Morukk Nuamzzar wrote:
Give Vigilant and Cynabal (at least some of) their PWG back. Also, Stratios should get 125 Mbit/sec back cause dps is **** after the patch.



Give the Stratios the same Gila hero drones and bonuses instead , and the price would Double and justifiably. The problem is that a fast nimble ship is poorly suited to use sentries, and without the ishtars bonuses to heavies second rate there.

The Gila has the potential to become the new yardstick for effective combat cruisers. It is just a blast to use and definitely more enjoyable gameplay.

I would so love a stratios to gain those even at the loss of "maximum paper" dps.

HOWEVER
heavies and sentries do not scale to the concept, giving them the required large bonuses make them too powerful, they do not benefit from great mobility, tracking, and survivability, and they are poor at the smaller/closer (as appropriate) end of the target pool. Hence the Lack of "fun" with the new rattlesnake. Just be grateful they did not do that to the Stratios or it would be selling like the Nestor.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE