These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Retreiver ganked in high sec looking for tank fits

Author
Kypore Adoudel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-02-12 23:38:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Kypore Adoudel
I was recently suicide ganked in high sec and I am wondering if there are any good ways to avoid this or any good fits that will keep me alive till concord arrives?
Termy Rockling
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-02-12 23:40:53 UTC
Damagecontrol, shield hardener, can add shield extender rigs too if you really want to push it, not that important.
If you really worried , just use procurer with tank.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#3 - 2014-02-12 23:50:41 UTC

It is really hard to tank a retriever. Max tank fits are still going to be about 22k EHP and die to a few dessies. If you are mining in a "dangerous" area, use a Procurer. It will have more yield but less storage space (which hurts).

The following has lots of extra PG and CPU, 50+k EHP, and more yield than a tanky Retriever:

[Procurer, New Setup 1]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Survey Scanner II
Medium Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal I

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hornet EC-300 x5

stoicfaux
#4 - 2014-02-12 23:53:01 UTC
20k EHP versus omni, hybrid void, RF EMP


[Retriever, New Setup 1]
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Residual Survey Scanner I

Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal I
Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin I x5


But, also Procurer. Untanked, the darn thing has 29k EHP versus omni.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

stoicfaux
#5 - 2014-02-12 23:55:40 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Hornet EC-300 x5

No point in ECM drones. It supposedly takes 20 seconds before the ECM roll is actually made, and the gank should be over by then.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-02-12 23:58:45 UTC
Retriever you can put a DCU and T2 Invuln but it still can be ganked. Get a Procurer


84k EHP and all resists above 70%

[Procurer, Highsec]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x5
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#7 - 2014-02-13 14:46:53 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Hornet EC-300 x5

No point in ECM drones. It supposedly takes 20 seconds before the ECM roll is actually made, and the gank should be over by then.



Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source for that? 20 seconds seems like forever. Although I suppose this would prevent people from simply recalling / re-aggressing over and over until they got a jam.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Gh0stBust3rs
Destruction and Pacification Services
#8 - 2014-02-13 15:35:04 UTC
Kypore Adoudel wrote:
I was recently suicide ganked in high sec and I am wondering if there are any good ways to avoid this or any good fits that will keep me alive till concord arrives?



its a retriever. They tend to be cheap enough to not go all out with tank.

Fit some resist amps and a shield extender and call it quits. Rigs arent worth it until your are using a mack or hulk.
stoicfaux
#9 - 2014-02-13 17:36:59 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Hornet EC-300 x5

No point in ECM drones. It supposedly takes 20 seconds before the ECM roll is actually made, and the gank should be over by then.



Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source for that? 20 seconds seems like forever. Although I suppose this would prevent people from simply recalling / re-aggressing over and over until they got a jam.

Nope, it's second hand info. (and my google-fu has failed.) However, I vaguely recall it was done to prevent the recall/re-launch exploit.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Sister Night
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-02-13 21:55:58 UTC
buy n fit a procurer
Fluffi Flaffi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-02-14 08:45:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Fluffi Flaffi
Yeah, Please, please everybody buy a procurer. Less yield for all of you, higher prices and more income for REAL Miners with "brain".

I haven't read the best proposal yet (attention, could be ironic): STAY DOCKED and nobody will kill you. Believe me! Shocked

What the hell is going on, that everybody is so damn afraid of ganks and not doing a simple calculation about profitibility.

[Retriever]
Damage Control II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Thermal / EM Hardener (depending on which gank ship you expect most, but I usually was fitted against Cata)

Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Warrior I

Subsystem 1: Search for a good system, not directly on a trade route, near a trade hub and with no ice
Subsystem 2: Get your tank skills (Shield Management, Mechanic, Hull Upgrades) to Level V and this will give you a nice 20k EHP or something around that figure, even more with Orca boost, but if you have an Orca around, better switch to Covetor.
Subsystem 3: If you are still afraid, buy yourself some tank implants (3% for the ones with less ISK and 5% for the ones with enough ISK). It's damn HiSec, if you pay attention nobody will kill your pod.
Subsystem 4: Rigs are well worth their money for this fit.
Subsystem 5+6: No I wont tell you everything. That would be to "fluffi", even for me.

With this Fit all those 1-2 Catalyst LOL gankers will ignore you and if they ignore your fit they will die. If you are unlucky to get on scan for a drunken gank fleet for more ships even a procurer or Skiff won't safe you. It's all about making yourself less attractive.

If you fly Exhumers fit at least one active hardener / Invulnerability Field and activate it! Gankers will immediately recognise that you are tanked!
If you want to die, fit a shield booster. Every Ganker will immediately know they can kill you easy. ;)
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#12 - 2014-02-14 08:52:11 UTC
Quote:
Yeah, Please, please everybody buy a procurer. Less yield for all of you, higher prices and more income for REAL Miners with "brain".

I haven't read the best proposal yet (attention, could be ironic): STAY DOCKED and nobody will kill you. Believe me! Shocked

What the hell is going on, that everybody is so damn afraid of ganks and not doing a simple calculation about profitibility.


Fluffi Flaffi, a 2 MLU procurer has exactly the same yield as a DC retriever.
Fluffi Flaffi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-02-14 08:54:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Fluffi Flaffi
Bertrand Butler wrote:

Fluffi Flaffi, a 2 MLU procurer has exactly the same yield as a DC retriever.


on paper yes. I know. on PAPER!
God damn, why is nobody thinking a little further? Roll

This is like telling everybody you do 1.000dps in your battleship, jump into lowsec to kill everything, but apply not even 1 dps against the next frigate. Roll
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#14 - 2014-02-14 10:28:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
The differences in applied yield comes from the smaller cargohold (a small factor in turnaround for non afk players) and the possible overmining a solitary strip can do if you don't pay attention.

Why would you think its the same as "This is like telling everybody you do 1.000dps in your battleship, jump into lowsec to kill everything, but apply not even 1 dps against the next frigate." ?
Fluffi Flaffi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2014-02-14 11:12:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Fluffi Flaffi
You gave the answer to your own question in the exact same post?!? Why are you asking then? But at least you understand a part (!) of it, but that are not all factors, but if you are not mining afk, the Procurer is even more meaningless to use. My godness that is so ridiculous ... New Order and all the other gankers surely lough about that! And somehow I am sure that they understand more about mining then most of you guys Roll

Now please don't tell me you have as well Orca support with your Procurer? If so, I just can lough even more about that, like I did yesterday, when checking some belts because I read more and more often these days about: "Use a Proc.". And honestly I saw so many peoples in Procurers (yes even skiffs, which are by far the dumbest ship to use), even bigger mining fleets and just wanted to post "Facepalm Meme"s as much as I could.

HA HA

Roll

On the other side there is nothing to lough about. In fact I should cry what has happened to the miner community these days. New Order is on the way to win against you miners out there, honestly. Little sheeps you are, not more, not less. But please go ahead with the Procs as I said already. Real miners will be happy about that.

PS: Just to make it clear: Procurer is already a questionable decision, but Skiff is dumb like hell for mining in HiSec!

PS2: I mean a skiff!!! In HiSec? A skiff? Honestly, just quit Eve if you fly a skiff. Really, you should. No joke. A skiff? Oh my god.

PS3: Skiffs I saw, mining in HiSec ... the end is near in Eve, isn't it?!?
unidenify
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2014-02-14 16:31:44 UTC  |  Edited by: unidenify
Fluffi Flaffi wrote:
You gave the answer to your own question in the exact same post?!? Why are you asking then? But at least you understand a part (!) of it, but that are not all factors, but if you are not mining afk, the Procurer is even more meaningless to use. My godness that is so ridiculous ... New Order and all the other gankers surely lough about that! And somehow I am sure that they understand more about mining then most of you guys Roll

Now please don't tell me you have as well Orca support with your Procurer? If so, I just can lough even more about that, like I did yesterday, when checking some belts because I read more and more often these days about: "Use a Proc.". And honestly I saw so many peoples in Procurers (yes even skiffs, which are by far the dumbest ship to use), even bigger mining fleets and just wanted to post "Facepalm Meme"s as much as I could.

HA HA

Roll

On the other side there is nothing to lough about. In fact I should cry what has happened to the miner community these days. New Order is on the way to win against you miners out there, honestly. Little sheeps you are, not more, not less. But please go ahead with the Procs as I said already. Real miners will be happy about that.

PS: Just to make it clear: Procurer is already a questionable decision, but Skiff is dumb like hell for mining in HiSec!

PS2: I mean a skiff!!! In HiSec? A skiff? Honestly, just quit Eve if you fly a skiff. Really, you should. No joke. A skiff? Oh my god.

PS3: Skiffs I saw, mining in HiSec ... the end is near in Eve, isn't it?!?


far as I am aware, all mining barge has nearly same yield

I drive Procurer because I can.

b/w it sound like you complain that easy target to gank start to disappear
unidenify
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2014-02-14 16:44:45 UTC  |  Edited by: unidenify
IIshira wrote:
Retriever you can put a DCU and T2 Invuln but it still can be ganked. Get a Procurer


84k EHP and all resists above 70%

[Procurer, Highsec]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x5


[Procurer, anti-Catalyst loadout]
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Damage Control II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Limited Kinetic Deflection Field I
Limited Thermic Dissipation Field I
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Modulated Strip Miner II, Scordite Mining Crystal I

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I


more useful against Catalyst ganker

(assume Level 5 char)
100k EHP against Caldari anti-matter
98k EHP against Void

also, useful against T2 projectile ammo as all use kinetic/thermic
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#18 - 2014-02-14 18:09:55 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Cara Forelli wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Hornet EC-300 x5

No point in ECM drones. It supposedly takes 20 seconds before the ECM roll is actually made, and the gank should be over by then.



Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source for that? 20 seconds seems like forever. Although I suppose this would prevent people from simply recalling / re-aggressing over and over until they got a jam.

Nope, it's second hand info. (and my google-fu has failed.) However, I vaguely recall it was done to prevent the recall/re-launch exploit.



To be frank, I don't think this is true. However, I haven't tested it, and will do so at my first opportunity.
Wagit
NMT
#19 - 2014-02-15 12:05:25 UTC
I would reccomend this rather inexpensive fit: 1) pay 10million ISK to James 315 for your mining permit. 2) do not AFK mine. 3) read minerbumping.com .


This seems to be a cheaper approach to the fits being offered to you.
NearNihil
Jump Drive Appreciation Society
#20 - 2014-02-15 12:53:55 UTC
If you're actively at the wheel while mining, a Procurer with a Miasmos alt to haul the stuff probably works best. As far as cost-effective gank-avoiding mining goes anyway.
A Retriever solo can get up to about 20k EHP omni with a meta 4 medium shield extender, a DCII and shield extender rigs, though fitting strip mining lasers can be tough in that setup.
Or if you have an alt that you don't want to stick in a hauler, prep CONCORD to your belt (= trigger a criminal response there, usually in a noobship), put them in a Blackbird or Griffin with Gallente jams right next to your barge (don't forget at least a LSE on that, too), and loljam your agressors if they decide to shoot you.
12Next page