These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The 200.000.000 skillpoint club

First post
Author
Shaleen
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#161 - 2013-12-18 01:42:45 UTC
Finally ! Just passed the 200.000.000 mark Big smile

link http://eveboard.com/pilot/Shaleen

It put the lotion on the skin or else it get a hose again

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#162 - 2013-12-18 02:22:47 UTC
Shaleen wrote:
Finally ! Just passed the 200.000.000 mark Big smile

link http://eveboard.com/pilot/Shaleen

Anchoring 5 but no Starbase Defense?

Congrats though!
Shaleen
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#163 - 2013-12-18 08:54:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Shaleen
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Shaleen wrote:
Finally ! Just passed the 200.000.000 mark Big smile

link http://eveboard.com/pilot/Shaleen

Anchoring 5 but no Starbase Defense?

Congrats though!


Thanks mate Smile

Yea I thought about it Big smile but to be honest I have never used any Starbase Defense myself and in the end I decided there a more useful or I should say used by me skills to follow.Many people seems to agree that it is not worth it..

There will always be a case that someone might find that particular skill very useful and then you find those who don't use it that much and see no point in skilling it.

It put the lotion on the skin or else it get a hose again

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#164 - 2013-12-19 18:17:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Shaleen wrote:
There will always be a case that someone might find that particular skill very useful and then you find those who don't use it that much and see no point in skilling it.

There were others I could have mentioned, but I thought that one was actually useful /shrug

I only have about 5 years to catch-up to you. By then I expect you might have even trained it too Blink
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#165 - 2014-01-02 19:53:23 UTC
just at 220 million SP.....Big smile


Thought for some reason, my char stopped being listed on eve boards?....Could the siter have lost my login info, as it seems that Dr caymus isn't listed there anymore as well and he been the higest SP char in eve for years now.
Bobby Frutt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#166 - 2014-01-03 21:04:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobby Frutt
At those SP levels, I wonder if you could sell these characters off as "collectors" for a rather inflated price and by back various pilots (totaling same skills) for significantly less. =)

Of course not saying you should, although I'm sure someone(s) would pay out the yin-yang for Chribba :P
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#167 - 2014-01-03 22:54:26 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
just at 220 million SP.....Big smile


Thought for some reason, my char stopped being listed on eve boards?....Could the siter have lost my login info, as it seems that Dr caymus isn't listed there anymore as well and he been the higest SP char in eve for years now.


Might be your API key has expired?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#168 - 2014-01-05 03:58:56 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
just at 220 million SP.....Big smile


Thought for some reason, my char stopped being listed on eve boards?....Could the siter have lost my login info, as it seems that Dr caymus isn't listed there anymore as well and he been the higest SP char in eve for years now.


Might be your API key has expired?




i made a new one with no expiry date over the last couple of days and still makes no difference.......The site doesn't seem to be checking keys anymore, so maybe Chribba is off on vacation or something...:p
Von Kretschmer
Steyny Corporation
#169 - 2014-01-05 04:33:30 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Shaleen wrote:
Finally ! Just passed the 200.000.000 mark Big smile

link http://eveboard.com/pilot/Shaleen

Anchoring 5 but no Starbase Defense?

Congrats though!


That's not unusual at all. I trained anchoring 5 for the sole purpose of anchoring t2 large bubbles and the time bonus it comes with. I have no interest or need to defend a pos.

Shaleen, thats a really nice char unlike most of the junk you see above 200 mil.
Shaleen
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#170 - 2014-01-07 07:55:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Shaleen
Von Kretschmer wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Shaleen wrote:
Finally ! Just passed the 200.000.000 mark Big smile

link http://eveboard.com/pilot/Shaleen

Anchoring 5 but no Starbase Defense?

Congrats though!


That's not unusual at all. I trained anchoring 5 for the sole purpose of anchoring t2 large bubbles and the time bonus it comes with. I have no interest or need to defend a pos.

Shaleen, thats a really nice char unlike most of the junk you see above 200 mil.



Thank you Sir. Exactly my point.

To be honest you have a very nicely skilled character yourself Big smile The only difference I see between our characters... I have more luscious lips haha

It put the lotion on the skin or else it get a hose again

Dr Caymus
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#171 - 2014-01-12 23:29:16 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
just at 220 million SP.....Big smile


Thought for some reason, my char stopped being listed on eve boards?....Could the siter have lost my login info, as it seems that Dr Caymus isn't listed there anymore as well and he been the higest SP char in eve for years now.


Might be your API key has expired?




i made a new one with no expiry date over the last couple of days and still makes no difference.......The site doesn't seem to be checking keys anymore, so maybe Chribba is off on vacation or something...:p


Same thing happened a couple of months ago. Chribba thought that a table might have been locked during a rank generation. Several thousand characters were affected. Last time, I think he had to reset the accounts to get them back.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#172 - 2014-01-13 10:30:41 UTC
Dr Caymus wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
just at 220 million SP.....Big smile


Thought for some reason, my char stopped being listed on eve boards?....Could the siter have lost my login info, as it seems that Dr Caymus isn't listed there anymore as well and he been the higest SP char in eve for years now.


Might be your API key has expired?




i made a new one with no expiry date over the last couple of days and still makes no difference.......The site doesn't seem to be checking keys anymore, so maybe Chribba is off on vacation or something...:p


Same thing happened a couple of months ago. Chribba thought that a table might have been locked during a rank generation. Several thousand characters were affected. Last time, I think he had to reset the accounts to get them back.


Should hopefully be back on again. The problem is keys getting marked as invalid due to CCP's api not returning any type of error codes. So I can ignore errors and hope I don't do too many to get me banned or try to mark some errors as real errors causing characters to sometimes get deactivated.

I reactivated over 5000 again now, hopefully some should be ok.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Revileushin Eyri
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#173 - 2014-01-14 14:49:21 UTC
Good day. I am the chimney sweeper to you cigar-smoking bureaucrats.

Broke 200,000 SP today, so I'm behind by a magnitude of 1000.

This is my first post on this forum, and if I stick around for the necessary amount of years, I will read this here with 200 million SP and hopefully a lot more wisdom than I have now. Just for the record, me in the unforseeable future: never forget that you lost two railgun-fitted Algos drone boats in the span of one hour because you burned into a pack of rats/rogue drones for missions when your weapons are clearly meant for long range engagements. Don't let all that SP inflate you e-peen, honey. Yes, I'm calling myself honey.

INACTIVE ATM: Taking Wing - A rambling blog that's mostly EVE stuff.

Dr Caymus
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#174 - 2014-01-14 16:46:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Dr Caymus
Chribba wrote:
Should hopefully be back on again....

/c


Thanks, C!

Edit: Greetings, Rev, enjoy the game and let the sp come as they will... 200 mm is right around the corner Blink
Yolo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#175 - 2014-01-23 06:17:20 UTC
I just joined this club.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Yolo

- since 2003, bitches

nlun
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#176 - 2014-02-23 10:55:15 UTC
I just joined this club

http://eveboard.com/pilot/nlun

Date of Birth 2004-04-10 22:54:00 Lol

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#177 - 2014-03-22 19:55:34 UTC
29 day bump, because I was in the neighborhood.
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#178 - 2014-03-25 01:15:32 UTC
I wish I still had my original character, would easily be over 150 by now.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#179 - 2014-03-25 18:50:02 UTC
Progressively chewing down on the skills and there's still some left, but the list is getting ever smaller with the char now having 225 million sp, and on fast approach to 200 skills to lvl 5.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#180 - 2014-04-28 15:54:18 UTC
Should we make a thread for those reaching 250 million sp, or perhaps go further to 300 million even...P


Working on my 191th skill to lvl 5 now and not far from 230 million sp either.