These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP Mobilizing! Flee for your lives! The Ash Cloud Cometh.

First post First post
Author
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#261 - 2011-11-23 21:16:25 UTC
Awox Blueshooter wrote:


what u guys need to do is to change it so youre items dont drop when u die and give a boutny to all active accounts because thats the only way we can trust u. have u heard of t20? this looks like exactly the same thing except goons got the loot and here we have an ex-goonie dev defending it



Didnt want to go the tinfoil hat way myself. But that was brought up by some people I was talking too about this. That in the end it just fed their buddies goodies.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Farrisen
MoaR ChickeN
#262 - 2011-11-23 21:17:18 UTC
"I Was There" Big smile Then gtfo as soon, as the last CCP pod popped (hotdrop o'clock)

Was a GF!

http://i.imgur.com/DWBuV.png

Originally by: CCP Spitfire: It's because of falcon.

CCP Sreegs
CCP Retirement Home
#263 - 2011-11-23 21:18:06 UTC
Awox Blueshooter wrote:
CCP Sreegs wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Jowen Datloran wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
If it wasn't for that LOOT...

Aye, no more of this, please. People will be happy enough to get on a CCP killmail.



Thats a steaming load.

If that was the case there was no need for the loot.

The loot made it complete crap and an insult to all other players the couldnt participate or are have nothing in that area to participate with.

This was a sick Joke.

Those plex and Nex items = IRL in most people minds.

Nothing against those that took part. But CCP is on the hook for stupidity again.


Just so I'm understanding this correctly, can you confirm that your statement is that because we dropped some items for people to loot in the arena during this single event in a single system in a rather large videogame we were insulting everyone who couldn't be there?

Do you have any suggestions for how this could be improved upon?

It's a difficult question and I'm very curious to hear opinions about improvement.


what u guys need to do is to change it so youre items dont drop when u die and give a boutny to all active accounts because thats the only way we can trust u. have u heard of t20? this looks like exactly the same thing except goons got the loot and here we have an ex-goonie dev defending it


Actually I was asking you for feedback on how the system should be improved... It's an honest question as we want to be able to improve upon what we do. Who is this "we" you're referring to just so I'm clear?

"Sreegs has juuust edged out Soundwave as my favourite dev." - Meita Way 2012

Regat Kozovv
Alcothology
#264 - 2011-11-23 21:18:23 UTC
Dorijan wrote:
CCP Sreegs wrote:


Just so I'm understanding this correctly, can you confirm that your statement is that because we dropped some items for people to loot in the arena during this single event in a single system in a rather large videogame we were insulting everyone who couldn't be there?

Do you have any suggestions for how this could be improved upon?

It's a difficult question and I'm very curious to hear opinions about improvement.


There was still the chance of the items not dropping, I really don't get why this is perceived by some as a problem.


It's the same whining you've heard elsewhere. Some lucky people got some drops, and therefor they feel butt hurt that they didn't get their share.
Hamar Dijox
Dijox Clan
#265 - 2011-11-23 21:19:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Hamar Dijox
ppl complain about everything, that's normal. :p

funny event and great job from CCP, 'till they lostBlink
*thumbs up*
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#266 - 2011-11-23 21:20:57 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:


Actually I was asking you for feedback on how the system should be improved... It's an honest question as we want to be able to improve upon what we do. Who is this "we" you're referring to just so I'm clear?


Read my post I responded to you with.

He is saying that you should have had bounties on you NOT loot that paid out to those on field.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

NykoMe
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#267 - 2011-11-23 21:23:01 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Im actually a bit pissed off about this event.

It was just an event that fed big alliances lots of fun and plex and isk.

Unless you are based around tama low sec you were just SOL. I thought this was supposed to be a roaming fleet. But it was just a big pinata for PL and others big groups.

It just pissed off most of my corp. Thanks for leaving the little guys out of stuff once again CCP.

This is a hugely disappointing event.


lolololol u mad br0?
Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
Exxitium
#268 - 2011-11-23 21:23:52 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Jowen Datloran wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
If it wasn't for that LOOT...

Aye, no more of this, please. People will be happy enough to get on a CCP killmail.



Thats a steaming load.

If that was the case there was no need for the loot.

The loot made it complete crap and an insult to all other players the couldnt participate or are have nothing in that area to participate with.

This was a sick Joke.

Those plex and Nex items = IRL in most people minds.

Nothing against those that took part. But CCP is on the hook for stupidity again.


You're butthurt over not getting some digital goodies? In a video game?

That's tragic.

C.
Myiesha
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#269 - 2011-11-23 21:24:09 UTC
I believe that this event was fun and exciting. And no, PL didnt all the GTCs (i dont think we even got one) and we even quit the field without looting so i'm not sure why are people whining that we are lining our wallets? I'm pretty sure we wasted more isk in fuel and ammo than we have gotten off the field.

Think of this event as a testing bed, if u guys would stop whining and raging u might even get more of it.

BeanBagKing
The Order of Atlas
#270 - 2011-11-23 21:25:21 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:



So you agree that loot should not have been in their ships to begin with.



I'm saying that the argument that CCP just fed isk to big alliances is pretty stupid. Players don't bring motherships and titans to get a few PLEX that dropped. I wouldn't even bring a battleship for that, if the battleship gets lost you get set back several hundred mil, kinda pointless when the items dropping were only worth that much. Again, they were only fit with T1/T2 items, not billion isk officer mods. The loot in the cargohold was mostly a PLEX or two and a few AUR items. You might find this hard to believe, but most players in the giant alliances don't get pumped enough to drag out every ship they own over the low odds that they'll be able to grab a plex being dropped.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#271 - 2011-11-23 21:25:28 UTC
Specific items like I killed a dev shirt might workTwisted

As long as times and locations and types of fleets needed are randimised more. A formal news item ready right after the event would help to have a head line besided what the bitter vets decide is the topic of the day would help also.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Shad0wsFury
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#272 - 2011-11-23 21:25:36 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Jowen Datloran wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
If it wasn't for that LOOT...

Aye, no more of this, please. People will be happy enough to get on a CCP killmail.



Thats a steaming load.

If that was the case there was no need for the loot.

The loot made it complete crap and an insult to all other players the couldnt participate or are have nothing in that area to participate with.

This was a sick Joke.

Those plex and Nex items = IRL in most people minds.

Nothing against those that took part. But CCP is on the hook for stupidity again.


Just so I'm understanding this correctly, can you confirm that your statement is that because we dropped some items for people to loot in the arena during this single event in a single system in a rather large videogame we were insulting everyone who couldn't be there?

Do you have any suggestions for how this could be improved upon?

It's a difficult question and I'm very curious to hear opinions about improvement.


More live events and space pinatas in different locations should do the trick.
Luh Windan
EVE G-O-A-T-S
Strictly Unprofessional
#273 - 2011-11-23 21:25:56 UTC
the obvious conclusion from this thread is that some people will cry about absolutely *anything*

Was great fun to manage to get involved in the brawl and be popped by the CCP fleet. Hopefully can field something able to do better damage next time (and I really hope there is a next time )
Stanis Myunga
Exiled Souls
#274 - 2011-11-23 21:26:08 UTC
Regat Kozovv wrote:
BeanBagKing wrote:


The amazing thing is most of the people who came to this fight probably weren't the least bit concerned with the loot. I know when I first saw what was going down, my only thought was "CCP Killmail?!? Big smile". I didn't care at all about the loot, not one bit, I don't PVP to get rich. A plex dropping? I can earn that in a few hours. Heck, I can probably earn it faster staying in my home system ratting than flying all the way out to the fight and trying to scoup one then flying back, certainly safer. It's not like CCP ships were dropping officer mods left and right. I might be wrong here, but I'd be willing to bet all the isk in my wallet (not a lot FYI) that PL supers are rich enough they don't care one bit about the loot drop either.

The people that were out there, for the most part, are the ones that want fights and killmails. I'm sure there were some that were out there to try to make it rich, but these weren't the big alliances, those guys are already rich, they own supers ffs. It really shows the difference between those complaining about how much isk was injected and those that want more goodfights with CCP.



Quoting for truth. The Jita fleet actually discussed loot for a moment, and the first question was how we'd divide it up. After a few joke suggestions ("Everyone gets 5 minutes of free playtime.") the general consensus was that no one gave a crap. The motivation was for kills and fun. The FC was calling targets based on easy kills or infamy ("He the guy responsible for fixing lag? Not on my machine. Primary him first.")

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not at all concerned with what was in the holds of those ships, and I didn't get the impression that many of the other members in fleet did either. Just getting on Dr. EyjoG's killmaill and a few others is fine for me. =D


*high-fives* I was part of that fleet. Had a laugh when FC primaried him about the lag fixing.

PLEXES would've been nice but I'm happy to just get in killmails.

http://ltti.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11653854

Final blow \o/
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#275 - 2011-11-23 21:26:36 UTC
Regat Kozovv wrote:
BeanBagKing wrote:


The amazing thing is most of the people who came to this fight probably weren't the least bit concerned with the loot. I know when I first saw what was going down, my only thought was "CCP Killmail?!? Big smile". I didn't care at all about the loot, not one bit, I don't PVP to get rich. A plex dropping? I can earn that in a few hours. Heck, I can probably earn it faster staying in my home system ratting than flying all the way out to the fight and trying to scoup one then flying back, certainly safer. It's not like CCP ships were dropping officer mods left and right. I might be wrong here, but I'd be willing to bet all the isk in my wallet (not a lot FYI) that PL supers are rich enough they don't care one bit about the loot drop either.

The people that were out there, for the most part, are the ones that want fights and killmails. I'm sure there were some that were out there to try to make it rich, but these weren't the big alliances, those guys are already rich, they own supers ffs. It really shows the difference between those complaining about how much isk was injected and those that want more goodfights with CCP.



Quoting for truth. The Jita fleet actually discussed loot for a moment, and the first question was how we'd divide it up. After a few joke suggestions ("Everyone gets 5 minutes of free playtime.") the general consensus was that no one gave a crap. The motivation was for kills and fun. The FC was calling targets based on easy kills or infamy ("He the guy responsible for fixing lag? Not on my machine. Primary him first.")

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not at all concerned with what was in the holds of those ships, and I didn't get the impression that many of the other members in fleet did either. Just getting on Dr. EyjoG's killmaill and a few others is fine for me. =D


Your post then shows that there was no need for the excessive loot.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Baillif
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#276 - 2011-11-23 21:27:37 UTC
If there is any reason to complain it's that CCP had an ROE. They should be allowed to maliciously hunt players down and pod them too.
Awox Blueshooter
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#277 - 2011-11-23 21:28:15 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:

Actually I was asking you for feedback on how the system should be improved... It's an honest question as we want to be able to improve upon what we do. Who is this "we" you're referring to just so I'm clear?


we = ppl who pay REAL MONEY to play this game who dont like it when other ppl who just run incursions and pay isk to play get ccp devs flying to there doorstep to drop billions of loot. u have a history with goons and hearing this from u just confirms suspicions. there needs to be a ia investigation to make sure everything was done randomly or we cant trust u
rampro
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2011-11-23 21:29:27 UTC  |  Edited by: rampro
I caught some Noob dev in a damnation before the fight cause he was slow, his hero mate came to save him and lost his apoc :D

http://meninblack.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11652573

(I also managed to DC when my dog jumped on my keyboard almost throttled the thing)
Freyya
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#279 - 2011-11-23 21:30:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Freyya
CCP Guard wrote:
Freyya wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
That was great fun and I hope everyone who showed up had fun as well. We had a mix of experienced players, less experienced ones, and some pretty rusty ones on the dev fleet but with some nice FC-ing we managed to do ok up until the point we got horribly slaughtered.

It was an honor 07



In all honesty;

Has this little "training exercise" turned out into what you guys where hoping it to be? Or planned it to be even?

I would have expected a roam through high sec to avoid the issues of being hot dropped but seeing as you stayed in one place and low sec for that matter...i must ask: Was it what you wanted it to be?


For this event? Yes. For the most part we got what we wanted I think :). We wanted to get a good number of devs online to experience the thrill of the fray together against a greater number of players. We wanted to get players excited about this, we wanted to "leave some bloody noses" (to quote Navigator's mail to the participants) so the our honored adversaries would know they´d been in a fight, and then we wanted to fight to the last man and let the brave reap the spoils.

As a Community Developer I feel an event like this embodies a lot of what I want to achieve. Get players and devs mentally connected and appreciative of each other's hard work and dedication.

P.s. Has anyone seen my corpse? I seem to have misplaced it.


Thanks for the answer, glad it worked out as planned then Big smile
Mostly P
Myiesha
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#280 - 2011-11-23 21:30:42 UTC
Awox Blueshooter wrote:
CCP Sreegs wrote:

Actually I was asking you for feedback on how the system should be improved... It's an honest question as we want to be able to improve upon what we do. Who is this "we" you're referring to just so I'm clear?


we = ppl who pay REAL MONEY to play this game who dont like it when other ppl who just run incursions and pay isk to play get ccp devs flying to there doorstep to drop billions of loot. u have a history with goons and hearing this from u just confirms suspicions. there needs to be a ia investigation to make sure everything was done randomly or we cant trust u


U sound like u got daddy issues.

PS. U mad?