These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Balancing Feedback: Capital Ships

First post First post
Author
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#441 - 2011-11-19 23:59:54 UTC
Reduce super capital speed by 50% at least. This will ensure dreads can actually hit them instead of the super caps just loling at the ****** dread tracking while in siege mode.
Mauryce
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#442 - 2011-11-20 00:06:18 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Reduce super capital speed by 50% at least. This will ensure dreads can actually hit them instead of the super caps just loling at the ****** dread tracking while in siege mode.


In sisi, Hel with normal tank fit, cannot break traking of dreads in siege mode.

If you accept reduce Hp to get a fast Sc, your tank become very vulnerable vs hostile supers, titans and subcaps blobs.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#443 - 2011-11-20 00:43:15 UTC
Give HEl´s a bonus to mining drones , so that we can mine as much as 20 hulks and a bonus to cargo.
SuperBeastie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#444 - 2011-11-20 06:24:24 UTC
Pesadel0 wrote:
Give HEl´s a bonus to mining drones , so that we can mine as much as 20 hulks and a bonus to cargo.



This would actually get people to use it

[center]SuperBeastie's Third Party Service My in-game Channel is Supers Third Party[/center]

Constantinee
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#445 - 2011-11-20 09:10:31 UTC
Sold all my SC's as of this week. CCP went a little to far with this nerf. Especially since the Hel and wyvern were already pre nerfed in a sense. they are useless in a cap battle and still will be, if anything theyll die faster than when their called primary for being the only shield ship in an armor fleet.

If you remove regular drones from our bays at least give us 20 FB 20 Fighters and boost fighter damage by 5%. the main reason supers got nerfed wasnt because they were raping everyone, no. it was because people failed at getting them pinned down enough to actually do something about it. hic bubbles should reduce super cap speed by 75%. If the bubble drops the SC needs to get back to full speed to warp out. gives the opposition enough time to get another bubble and or super point up to keep him there. Supers dead.

Hel needs a better bonus, 5% shield HP and resistances per lvl or give it an extra lowslot so its a decent armor tanker. Wyvern should have some other bonus to counter the shield on it. I would say slave shield implants but then everyone would whine for crystal armor implants. Maybe capital/sc specific implants?

idk... im ranting at 4am.

Rant over.

TLDR

SC's suck now, thank you ccp.

Constantinee video archive. http://www.youtube.com/user/Constvids?feature=mhee

Shaak Ti
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#446 - 2011-11-20 09:50:38 UTC
Even if I can't understand the changes (¿¿how many times have a supercarrier pilot used regular drones over fighters??) It would be nice if CCP reconsider the dronebay reduction because Supercarriers are ships that are HARD to refit because you can't dock with them.

With this changes, you are left with almost to NO spare offensive capabilities in an big and expensive ship. If you get your fighters destroyed, you are just a sitting duck. All Supercarriers should be able to hold at least 40 fighters of any type.

CCP should also remember that supercarrier pilots are stuck in a single ship...
Zarak1 Kenpach1
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#447 - 2011-11-20 17:31:58 UTC
Constantinee wrote:
SC's suck now, thank you ccp.



good, they sucked 2 years ago when they were "motherships" and now they do again but not as hard.

can you honestly say the game in nullsec is healthier and more engaging today than it was Pre Dominion superbuff?
Constantinee
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#448 - 2011-11-20 19:17:00 UTC
Zarak1 Kenpach1 wrote:
Constantinee wrote:
SC's suck now, thank you ccp.



good, they sucked 2 years ago when they were "motherships" and now they do again but not as hard.

can you honestly say the game in nullsec is healthier and more engaging today than it was Pre Dominion superbuff?


hell no, pre dominion moms were much less used in combat, mainly because some alliances could barley afford 1.

I remember when i flew with MC people were dropping 50+ dreads on the field just to counter 4 supers. When fighterbombers were introduced, supers became the ideal ship to have regardless.

When they were mom's, they were mainly used to pretty much scare or bait opponents into the fight or off the field so we can take your space. Only few allianced like bob, d2, PL, ect ect, would actually stay and make a shot to kill them. it wasnt until one went down that the "buff the mom" whining began. This was when they were fit with active hardners and localized reps...


SC's suck not as hard now but are pretty damn close atm.

Constantinee video archive. http://www.youtube.com/user/Constvids?feature=mhee

Laveaolous
Paragon Fury
#449 - 2011-11-20 20:34:17 UTC
So Nxx & Hel (lol) can still have 20FB and 15 F making the Nyx even more the only supercarrier you would want. I kept the Aeon because I figured I could live with the removal of drones and a HP nerf, silly me forgot that the nerf bat is not a surgical instrument.
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#450 - 2011-11-20 21:01:55 UTC
Look at all these super carrier pilot tears. lol

NOM, NOM, NOM!!!
SuperBeastie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#451 - 2011-11-20 21:19:54 UTC
Laveaolous wrote:
So Nxx & Hel (lol) can still have 20FB and 15 F making the Nyx even more the only supercarrier you would want. I kept the Aeon because I figured I could live with the removal of drones and a HP nerf, silly me forgot that the nerf bat is not a surgical instrument.


ummm aeon has 20million more ehp than the nyx 2000 extra dps does not make up for that

[center]SuperBeastie's Third Party Service My in-game Channel is Supers Third Party[/center]

Vaffel Junior
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#452 - 2011-11-21 02:08:54 UTC
Nyx is a nice looking coffin Cool
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#453 - 2011-11-21 03:22:01 UTC
Super carriers are way less versatile now, far less than a titan. I would say they are about the same level as dreads in terms of usefullness? Maybe slightly more...

Super Carriers need a proper, safe place to dock. I think a super carrier docking port should be able to be built onto an existing station with the Foundation, Pedestal and Monument platforms in place, and all other systems in the constellation have Sov Level 5

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#454 - 2011-11-21 06:22:35 UTC
Headerman wrote:
My super carrier is getting nerfed so now I want it buffed.


Is what I read.
StukaBee
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#455 - 2011-11-21 07:51:56 UTC
I, too, would like to play docking games in lowsec with a 40m EHP hull.
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#456 - 2011-11-21 08:17:17 UTC
Give supercarriers the ability to repair items, so people in hostile space who damage their mods can drop the mods into the super and have them repaired in the MODULE REPAIR BAY.

Also add mini-manufacturing facilities that can be used to make things like nanite paste, ammos, drones, anchorable bubbles and other consumables.

Make supercarriers into support ships that can sustain a subcap gang in hostile territory for extended periods of time so I can live out my BSG fantasies. Do it CCP. Do it.
Phunnestyle
Doomheim
#457 - 2011-11-21 09:04:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Phunnestyle
Constantinee wrote:
Sold all my SC's as of this week. CCP went a little to far with this nerf. Especially since the Hel and wyvern were already pre nerfed in a sense. they are useless in a cap battle and still will be, if anything theyll die faster than when their called primary for being the only shield ship in an armor fleet.

If you remove regular drones from our bays at least give us 20 FB 20 Fighters and boost fighter damage by 5%. the main reason supers got nerfed wasnt because they were raping everyone, no. it was because people failed at getting them pinned down enough to actually do something about it. hic bubbles should reduce super cap speed by 75%. If the bubble drops the SC needs to get back to full speed to warp out. gives the opposition enough time to get another bubble and or super point up to keep him there. Supers dead.

Hel needs a better bonus, 5% shield HP and resistances per lvl or give it an extra lowslot so its a decent armor tanker. Wyvern should have some other bonus to counter the shield on it. I would say slave shield implants but then everyone would whine for crystal armor implants. Maybe capital/sc specific implants?

idk... im ranting at 4am.

Rant over.

TLDR

SC's suck now, thank you ccp.


What he says is true, CCP give us our full compliment of 20Fighters & 20Fighter Bombers PLZZZZZZZ
So currently atm Supers in Aeon/HEL/Wyverns case could have 20xFighters & 10xFighter Bombers, the Fighters take precidence over Fighter bombers since it is primary among all else that we be at least able to give a subcap fleet a fight if we are intercepted, so its not impartial to say that we will realistically carry 20+10spare Fighters in our drone bays at this moment in time, wich is fail as we ment to have a unique Fighter Bomber skill,but CCP does not wish us to use them in all but the Nyx's case.We have to have a spare capital armor & energy transfer in our cargo hold aswell as a huge chunk of Fuel. I am not going to give up room of these crutial items for the other 10x Fighter Bombers. So still Fighter Bombers are a skill wich takes a indeffinate back seat, you may aswell give us our Skillpoints back. It makes sence & logic to have room for 20 Fighters & 20 Fighter Bombers, so plz sort it out & do it.
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#458 - 2011-11-21 09:25:07 UTC
Or you could not be ********, pack a full compliment of fighter-bombers and do what your ship does best: mouth-grape other caps. You can bet it will be 20fb/15f in my Nyx.

I do think that supercarriers should get some fun new gimmick in exchange for their drones and EHP nerf though.
SuperBeastie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#459 - 2011-11-21 09:42:34 UTC
my nyx can only do 10k dps with bombers and 1875 dps with fighters

[center]SuperBeastie's Third Party Service My in-game Channel is Supers Third Party[/center]

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#460 - 2011-11-21 13:06:28 UTC
Phunnestyle wrote:

the Fighters take precidence over Fighter bombers since it is primary among all else that we be at least able to give a subcap fleet a fight .


Yep, you still don't get it.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.