These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Probably the WORST event I've wasted my time on in my 10 years of EVE ...

First post First post
Author
TijsseN
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2013-11-07 20:30:55 UTC
Welcome to the real EvE.
Darius JOHNSON
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-11-07 20:31:12 UTC
I'm so mad I play a sandbox game that has areas of non consensual pvp and when I flew into one someone shot me let me act like I'm mad about something else
Darius JOHNSON
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2013-11-07 20:32:04 UTC
Viaharo Musa wrote:
The PitBoss wrote:
Atsuko Yamamoto wrote:
T... basically just shoveling people into null killzones...

For PvP; Hilarious.





Doril:
- 169 pods killed in the last hour
- 330 ships killed in the last hour

I'm going out on a limb but am guessing the second group from meves is

8v-sjj:
- 246 pods killed in the last hour
- 444 ships killed in the last hour



GREAT EVENT if you're lucky enough to be in a 0.0 power block Cool


Yup :-) Event was geared to the Null Power Blocks. Aka no chance for any one not in a block to really participate.
75% of the event, getting through tidi.
5% of the event, getting slaughtered at a bubble camp
20% of the event, trying to extract and evac.


Make some friends
Lania Esperance
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-11-07 20:32:51 UTC
First time .... And last time ... for me too
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#25 - 2013-11-07 20:33:21 UTC
This made the charge of the Light Brigade a Paragon of organisationEvil in comparison

NO comms, no organisation, no preparation no clue.

NEVER NEVER NEVER again.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-11-07 20:33:56 UTC
Alternatively, pick a region that isn't currently filled with Null Alliances involved in a war, centred around that region. Sure, some of us would have gone hunting had you gone to a different NPC Null-zone, but when you go to the one we are already in, its kinda asking for trouble.
Caisersoze
Renegade Legions
#27 - 2013-11-07 20:34:11 UTC
i know ill never join another CCP event
Viaharo Musa
Evian Industries
Evictus.
#28 - 2013-11-07 20:34:17 UTC
Darius JOHNSON wrote:
I'm so mad I play a sandbox game that has areas of non consensual pvp and when I flew into one someone shot me let me act like I'm mad about something else

Lol love the cookie cutter "lil bee" responses, hell same response from any block lmfao.

The getting shot was fun :-) The shooting was fun :-)

My comments are about the EVENT, not sandbox fun :-P
Aka the pvp part was great.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#29 - 2013-11-07 20:34:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
What a clusterf**k, from start to finish. Next time just announce it as "Live Event: Turkey Shoot in Null".

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Darius JOHNSON
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-11-07 20:35:37 UTC
Viaharo Musa wrote:
Darius JOHNSON wrote:
I'm so mad I play a sandbox game that has areas of non consensual pvp and when I flew into one someone shot me let me act like I'm mad about something else

Lol love the cookie cutter "lil bee" responses, hell same response from any block lmfao.

The getting shot was fun :-) The shooting was fun :-)

My comments are about the EVENT, not sandbox fun :-P
Aka the pvp part was great.



I'm the big bee man get it right.

I didn't know anything about the event but I do see a bunch of people crying about being shot in 0.0 so whether you personally were happy in particular or not my comment is still valid.
Krystyn
Serenity Rising LLC
#31 - 2013-11-07 20:36:11 UTC
Waste of my time.
Hours of TiDI travelling around to not be able to actually get to the event due to a massive gatecamp
Great Idea CCP
MASSIVE SARCASM INTENDED
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2013-11-07 20:36:47 UTC
Darius JOHNSON wrote:

Make some friends

this is a mmorpg social skills are overpowered

nerf friends

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2013-11-07 20:37:24 UTC
Krystyn wrote:
Waste of my time.
Hours of TiDI travelling around to not be able to actually get to the event due to a massive gatecamp
Great Idea CCP
MASSIVE SARCASM INTENDED


Welcome to our regular Tuesday night.

http://themittani.com/news/ostfront-kw-i6t-supercapital-fight
arbalesttom
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2013-11-07 20:38:31 UTC
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
Caisersoze
Renegade Legions
#35 - 2013-11-07 20:40:30 UTC
there wasnt any real pvp if you couldnt make it there it was more like being raped by a very large man you cant escape as a lil girl
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#36 - 2013-11-07 20:41:08 UTC
Viaharo Musa wrote:
The PitBoss wrote:
Atsuko Yamamoto wrote:
T... basically just shoveling people into null killzones...

For PvP; Hilarious.





Doril:
- 169 pods killed in the last hour
- 330 ships killed in the last hour

I'm going out on a limb but am guessing the second group from meves is

8v-sjj:
- 246 pods killed in the last hour
- 444 ships killed in the last hour



GREAT EVENT if you're lucky enough to be in a 0.0 power block Cool


Yup :-) Event was geared to the Null Power Blocks. Aka no chance for any one not in a block to really participate.
75% of the event, getting through tidi.
5% of the event, getting slaughtered at a bubble camp
20% of the event, trying to extract and evac.


Get used to it. CCP is working towards turning the entire Eve universe into null sec.
It will be glorious, for the 20% of the sub base that will be left.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#37 - 2013-11-07 20:41:09 UTC
was fun watching on stream while playing other games

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

marly cortez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2013-11-07 20:41:17 UTC
Welcome to Null Sec......Twisted

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

Isis Dea
Vixxen Inc.
#39 - 2013-11-07 20:42:11 UTC
EVE's lore deserves better than this. Cry

More Character Customization :: Especially compared to what we had in 2003...

Detritus Newton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-11-07 20:42:21 UTC
So my first event. Can I ask what the point was? Virtually no information, spend ages in Tidi and then podded without even getting a shot off.
Does event mean blow up one of your ships of your choice?
Completely pointless.