These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incursion Tears Start here

Author
Aldormanndiobla
The Order of the Temple
#21 - 2013-07-11 10:06:34 UTC
The Djego wrote:
They are also just set up for contesting(super heavy on the dps often 11+ dps ships), stand mostly stand still outside of contesting(we played the waiting game a lot with them) and are probably on the lower end of ISK/h(if they run her contest setup), so I don't hate them,


Any ICU fleet I have been in doesn't stand still, doesn't play a waiting game, unless we are on a break.
Our so called "contest setup" brings in more isk per hour than a normal fleet, because we have more DPS on the field.

Don't hate us, join us.

Join ICU PUBLIC for shield fleets and incursion information.

Make sure you join the mailing list to compare your ship type/fit before x'ing up for fleet, or risk getting trolled by the KAWKS.

Fox God
#22 - 2013-07-11 14:36:47 UTC
Yeyra wrote:
Centuri wrote:
TVP on the other hand has a 23/7 full HQ fleet. By the time EU primetime comes they have already farmed for most of the day.


You're making it look like as if TVP is a single entity and not a community with a lot of players from a lot of different timezones. By rage popping the MOM, TVP and DIN are screwing their own members over. Sure, it's annoying for ISN but that's it. This tactic didn't work in the past and it won't work now.

I could sit here and play devil's advocate for either side. But either way you look at it the US TZ is getting ****** at the moment. Not to go too redneck here but: we don't take too kindly to those who **** us.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#23 - 2013-07-11 16:04:16 UTC
Fox God wrote:
Yeyra wrote:
Centuri wrote:
TVP on the other hand has a 23/7 full HQ fleet. By the time EU primetime comes they have already farmed for most of the day.


You're making it look like as if TVP is a single entity and not a community with a lot of players from a lot of different timezones. By rage popping the MOM, TVP and DIN are screwing their own members over. Sure, it's annoying for ISN but that's it. This tactic didn't work in the past and it won't work now.

I could sit here and play devil's advocate for either side. But either way you look at it the US TZ is getting ****** at the moment. Not to go too redneck here but: we don't take too kindly to those who **** us.


Gotta agree USTZ is getting arse ****** by EUTZ shields.... time to get the gank ships/ALTs ready for keeping the weekend incursions up
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Fox God
#24 - 2013-07-11 16:27:53 UTC
Ganking will solve nothing. The people you would be having have the money to replace it. And then you'd give one side a reason topop the mom more.
CanI haveyourstuff
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-07-11 17:09:38 UTC
Simply quit being **** and dont contest, farm your own money and noone will pop the mom.

OH MY GOD thats so simple! For real!

If ISN contests then DIN,TVP,etc will take their ball home while not giving even a single ****
This is their way of contesting and if you dont like it gtfo - it's eve afterall.
Fox God
#26 - 2013-07-11 17:24:30 UTC
I know this is technically not possible. But I wish the community who ground the most influence would get a 24 period where only they can pop the mom.
Yeyra
Imperium of Suns
#27 - 2013-07-11 18:32:59 UTC
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:

If ISN contests then DIN,TVP,etc will take their ball home while not giving even a single ****


TVP and DIN members don't give a **** when the MOM gets popped prematurely? Hahaha... good one. Lol
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#28 - 2013-07-11 18:37:03 UTC
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
There's currently 2 hisec incursions. One of them is not being run at all.

The only current IMBA in incursionland is the broken wardec system.



Dunno if wardec system is broken or just game mechanics... how would you fix it then?


If you leave a corp during a war dec you get stuck in an NPC corp for 7 days, instead of just renaming the corp or joining an already made holding corp.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2013-07-11 18:45:37 UTC
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Simply quit being **** and dont contest, farm your own money and noone will pop the mom.

OH MY GOD thats so simple! For real!

If ISN contests then DIN,TVP,etc will take their ball home while not giving even a single ****
This is their way of contesting and if you dont like it gtfo - it's eve afterall.


Is there enough sites to run for everybody to have thier farming ground? If not, the limited ressources will be fough over. It's EVE after all...
Pew Terror
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-07-11 18:50:37 UTC
Seriously why are no non incursion alliances popping these moms? Can't people the the amount of tears that have gone unharvested?
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2013-07-11 18:52:22 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:
Seriously why are no non incursion alliances popping these moms? Can't people the the amount of tears that have gone unharvested?


IIRC it was done before but stopped because :effort:
Dr Erkensen
Lab Rabbits INC
#32 - 2013-07-11 20:14:41 UTC
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#33 - 2013-07-11 22:19:53 UTC
TVP started to kill moms prematurely to teach others discipline, proper coordination and politeness? These are very good news. I just can't believe this decision took that much time (it was suggested in November or October).
Holsterinak
A World Ruled By Engineers
#34 - 2013-07-12 01:41:45 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
TVP started to kill moms prematurely to teach others discipline, proper coordination and politeness? These are very good news. I just can't believe this decision took that much time (it was suggested in November or October).


And then the other communities will start griefing TVP by contesting them every site. I'm sure people in TVP fleets will love thatPirate
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#35 - 2013-07-12 05:40:54 UTC
Holsterinak wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
TVP started to kill moms prematurely to teach others discipline, proper coordination and politeness? These are very good news. I just can't believe this decision took that much time (it was suggested in November or October).


And then the other communities will start griefing TVP by contesting them every site. I'm sure people in TVP fleets will love thatPirate


Ironically, other fleets have been both popping moms early and contesting sites for well over a year now. So no, I don't think they give two *****. If you changed the words "start griefing" to "continue griefing" you would have an accurate statement.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

CanI haveyourstuff
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-07-12 05:56:53 UTC  |  Edited by: CanI haveyourstuff
Frostys Virpio wrote:
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Simply quit being **** and dont contest, farm your own money and noone will pop the mom.

OH MY GOD thats so simple! For real!

If ISN contests then DIN,TVP,etc will take their ball home while not giving even a single ****
This is their way of contesting and if you dont like it gtfo - it's eve afterall.


Is there enough sites to run for everybody to have thier farming ground? If not, the limited ressources will be fough over. It's EVE after all...


Yes and If someone pop's mom and fights for resources this way then again it's EVE afterall...

point is, there are planty of sites where you dont have to fight for resources. Some just let others do 90% of work, jump in and steal the ball.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-07-12 06:19:58 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Killing moms is the best way to get hilarious tears from people running the easiest and steadiest isk printing press in EVE's history.
What more reason do you need?

Actually half the people crying over killed moms are the same people that killed it a few days earlier. So flip a coin and decide if this week your a whiner/crier or a chest pounder.

all incursion runners are whiners. *shrug*

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#38 - 2013-07-12 06:50:44 UTC
As mentioned already a huge factor in this is that not all of the Incursions are being run, there is no lack of sites.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#39 - 2013-07-12 07:53:35 UTC
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Simply quit being **** and dont contest, farm your own money and noone will pop the mom.

OH MY GOD thats so simple! For real!

If ISN contests then DIN,TVP,etc will take their ball home while not giving even a single ****
This is their way of contesting and if you dont like it gtfo - it's eve afterall.


Is there enough sites to run for everybody to have thier farming ground? If not, the limited ressources will be fough over. It's EVE after all...


Yes and If someone pop's mom and fights for resources this way then again it's EVE afterall...

point is, there are planty of sites where you dont have to fight for resources. Some just let others do 90% of work, jump in and steal the ball.

If you did 90% of the work you would have won the site, heck if you do 51% of the work you win the site, Smile

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Kithran
#40 - 2013-07-12 18:47:03 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
CanI haveyourstuff wrote:
Simply quit being **** and dont contest, farm your own money and noone will pop the mom.

OH MY GOD thats so simple! For real!

If ISN contests then DIN,TVP,etc will take their ball home while not giving even a single ****
This is their way of contesting and if you dont like it gtfo - it's eve afterall.


Is there enough sites to run for everybody to have thier farming ground? If not, the limited ressources will be fough over. It's EVE after all...


Yes and If someone pop's mom and fights for resources this way then again it's EVE afterall...

point is, there are planty of sites where you dont have to fight for resources. Some just let others do 90% of work, jump in and steal the ball.

If you did 90% of the work you would have won the site, heck if you do 51% of the work you win the site, Smile


Wrong - the fleets that are running 23/7 are easily doing a lot more of the work - they are the ones who drive the influence down to zero and keep it at zero.

The simple fact is if a fleet is being regularly contested by a superior fleet they are earning no isk - they have the following options:

1) Continue trying to run sites, being contested and just giving the contesting fleet more isk and they get no isk
2) Stop running - they get no isk and the contesting fleet still gets isk
3) Kill the mom - they get no isk but the contesting fleet also gets no isk
4) Form a 80+ man hq fleet - they get no isk but the contesting fleet gets no isk however it takes a lot longer than 3.

Are you really surprised people choose option 3? Especially if an ISN fleet chooses to contest over going to an unoccupied site repeatedly?