These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New EVE Launcher available for Singularity

First post First post
Author
firepup82
The Inf3cted
#281 - 2013-06-06 00:08:36 UTC
whenever i log in "done it 5 times now" after installin the latest link to launcher here it still patches to tranq
Zul Rokhan
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#282 - 2013-06-08 01:56:13 UTC
Aghira wrote:
CCP Aporia wrote:
Megarom wrote:
Implying Implications wrote:
Can you have the launcher remember passwords please?


How about enabling intergation with something like http://keepass.info/ the same way it integrates with browsers?


Maybe, we'll discuss it with our security team. If they give their OK and it's possible from a technological point then it might end up as something we want to do, but no promises. :)


I use keepass since years now with both the eve-client and the web pages (and tons of other games/pages). Sadly, the password field in the new launcher looses focus when you try to use the autotype feature from keepass.


A simple way to get around this problem is to use {tab}{password} with a optional {enter} as the autotype sequence, since tab will focus the password field.
Khardia Melanchton
Know your Role
#283 - 2013-06-21 13:33:42 UTC
Zul Rokhan wrote:
Aghira wrote:

I use keepass since years now with both the eve-client and the web pages (and tons of other games/pages). Sadly, the password field in the new launcher looses focus when you try to use the autotype feature from keepass.


A simple way to get around this problem is to use {tab}{password} with a optional {enter} as the autotype sequence, since tab will focus the password field.


This did not work for me. Login does not work with more than one account this way for me.

Instead I use the following keystroke sequence:
{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}+{TAB}{USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}

This works for all my accounts.
Dairokuten Maoh
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#284 - 2013-07-07 18:50:06 UTC
link to the launcher is broken

余の前に人は無く、余の後にも人は無し Before me, nobody stands. Behind me, nobody stood.

CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#285 - 2013-07-08 13:34:48 UTC
gamr78
Perkone
Caldari State
#286 - 2013-07-08 20:17:06 UTC  |  Edited by: gamr78
Copied a fresh TQ client and used the new launcher, let it install, and added the /server:Singularity option to the shortcut, now when i use my shortcut, i get this Image, which obviously is not what it should be. http://puu.sh/3y5rn.jpg

EDIT
====
My Filesystem seems like it corrupted itself randomly, so will see if it works after reformat.
Anth9rax
Tactical Tea Baggers
Triumvirate.
#287 - 2013-07-29 00:28:16 UTC
The new launcher doesn't have anywhere for me to actually put any login details.

If I try going straight to the exe it doesn't connect and says "Please use Singularity", and tries to connect to 87.237.38.69.

This shows a status of unknown and won't connect.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#288 - 2013-08-20 23:21:26 UTC
I downloaded the new launcher to install Sisi for today's mass test.

Now I my other install on TQ is losing settings. I've redone my overviews and chat windows twice now.

This is BS - why the hell would a separate install for Sisi affect my TQ install?

How do I get my settings back?

Last damn time I show up for a mass test.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#289 - 2013-08-20 23:31:00 UTC  |  Edited by: War Kitten
War Kitten wrote:
I downloaded the new launcher to install Sisi for today's mass test.

Now I my other install on TQ is losing settings. I've redone my overviews and chat windows twice now.

This is BS - why the hell would a separate install for Sisi affect my TQ install?

How do I get my settings back?

Last damn time I show up for a mass test.


F Me... the original install directory is empty somehow.

And my old startup bookmark now points into the Sisi2 directory I made.

Nice job installer team.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#290 - 2013-08-26 10:54:49 UTC
Check the shortcuts you used to start the application. When you copy shortcuts in Windows they keep the original directories, so if you copy EVE you can often find the shortcuts actually point back to the original directories.
Tsukiko Mora
Doomheim
#291 - 2013-10-08 22:37:18 UTC
firepup82 wrote:
whenever i log in "done it 5 times now" after installin the latest link to launcher here it still patches to tranq

Hello, total noob here, this is exactly what is happening to me right now. I even let it 'overwrite' the regular TQ version of the game, and the Sisi launcher program just seems to patch for TQ, and load the normal launcher.
Ximena Navah
Vox Shadows
#292 - 2013-10-15 22:33:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ximena Navah
Tsukiko Mora wrote:

Hello, total noob here, this is exactly what is happening to me right now. I even let it 'overwrite' the regular TQ version of the game, and the Sisi launcher program just seems to patch for TQ, and load the normal launcher.


CCP Dev's lie, some bugs affect peeps differently, had the same issue, tried numerous times, use the old method .

Accessing Singularity

PS.. ignore the launcher bit, it don't work Blink
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#293 - 2013-10-16 12:51:59 UTC
If you can provide log files, we might be able to help you further. Without them it's very hard to determine what's happening.
Tsukiko Mora
Doomheim
#294 - 2013-10-17 19:29:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tsukiko Mora
Ximena Navah wrote:
Tsukiko Mora wrote:

Hello, total noob here, this is exactly what is happening to me right now. I even let it 'overwrite' the regular TQ version of the game, and the Sisi launcher program just seems to patch for TQ, and load the normal launcher.


CCP Dev's lie, some bugs affect peeps differently, had the same issue, tried numerous times, use the old method .

Accessing Singularity

PS.. ignore the launcher bit, it don't work Blink

I'll try those steps again, but the first time I tried that I got hung up on two parts:

1) I found no .patches or .download files to delete
2) Everytime that I tried to alter the path of the Eve app to "C:\evetest\eve.exe" /server:Singularity Window 7 would give me an error that that function is not allowed. I am an admin on the system so that isn't the issue.
LakeEnd
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#295 - 2013-10-17 21:09:44 UTC
Sisi used to work for me, however now it doesnt seem to.

Copied TQ to new folder, created the shortcut with sisi parameter, launcher updates and does its thing.
I am left with broken launcher with no Username or Password fields, instead if I "paint" over the area with my mouse, I get the following text visible.

Error -102 when loading url https://sisilogin.testeveonline.com/oauth/authorize/?client_id=eveLauncherTQ&lang=en&response_type=token&redirect_uri=https://sisilogin.testeveonline.com/launcher?client_id=eveLauncherTQ&scope=eveClientToken

What am I doing wrong?
valdo ryia
Temp Corp 8
#296 - 2013-10-17 22:00:07 UTC
LakeEnd wrote:
Sisi used to work for me, however now it doesnt seem to.

Copied TQ to new folder, created the shortcut with sisi parameter, launcher updates and does its thing.
I am left with broken launcher with no Username or Password fields, instead if I "paint" over the area with my mouse, I get the following text visible.

Error -102 when loading url https://sisilogin.testeveonline.com/oauth/authorize/?client_id=eveLauncherTQ&lang=en&response_type=token&redirect_uri=https://sisilogin.testeveonline.com/launcher?client_id=eveLauncherTQ&scope=eveClientToken

What am I doing wrong?


same thing here. cant even get back the original launcher now, even recopied TQ and wiped all the sisi settings.
zentary
Ganja Labs
Exodus.
#297 - 2013-10-17 22:02:37 UTC
Razgriz Shaishi
Perkone
Caldari State
#298 - 2013-10-17 22:40:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Razgriz Shaishi
For a visual example of the launcher error that's been talked about in the last few posts, this.
The highlighted text is invisible when not highlighted.
Samuel Sachs
#299 - 2013-10-18 12:44:50 UTC
Exactly the same as me...

Please do anything with this totally broken ... launcher...

SheetMon_V2 a gdocs spreadsheet what pulls lots of stuff, feel free to make a copy :-)

CCP Aporia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#300 - 2013-10-18 17:24:46 UTC
Interesting, haven't seen the -102 before. However, this indicates that the connection was refused (and thus we should probably handle that better now that we know about it). Have you checked firewall settings?

Friend of walking avatars, currently hibernating until he gets to open that door.