These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Wardecs

Author
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#21 - 2013-05-06 16:06:34 UTC
Oska Rus wrote:
Being in high-sec and in player corp just makes no sense in current game mechanics. Which is imho bad. But it would be silly to stay in a player corp when living in hi-sec.

I can't exactly declare war on people if I'm in an NPC corp.
Haulie Berry
#22 - 2013-05-06 16:22:56 UTC
Oska Rus wrote:
Being in high-sec and in player corp just makes no sense in current game mechanics if you are a complete pussy.


Fixed that for you.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-05-06 17:00:16 UTC
Go to low sec or null, usually hi sec wardec griefers won't follow because there's risk to losing something.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#24 - 2013-05-07 09:42:55 UTC
Goram Kar wrote:
Is anything being done about highsec war decs in the future? It seems silly that a seasoned pvp corp can pay a measley 50m and just go willy nilly and pop miners or people who have much less fighting capability. My corp has been under war for nearly the past month, each week with a different corp/alliance. Is anything being done to address this? If not, this is game is starting to get really frustrating really quickly.


Measly 50m? I think 50m is a massive fee considering one of two things happens:
1) They dock and never come out to play
2) They all instantly drop corp and recreate it. This costs them what, 2mil or something?

CCP really need to fix number 2. Make it much more costly/difficult to drop/reform to avoid wars. If I remember correctly it used to be considered an exploit :/
StoneCold
Decadence.
RAZOR Alliance
#25 - 2013-05-07 10:24:51 UTC
It could also happen that the target pretty much deserves the wars - lose mouth and out of place chestbeating.
I had quite a few contracts because of this.
Lucas Mauldin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2013-05-08 03:24:55 UTC
I think every one should learn to PvP. And last I looked minners use drones and those are an offensive weapon.
Plead
Henehen Conflict Logistics
#27 - 2013-05-08 07:17:53 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Goram Kar wrote:
Is anything being done about highsec war decs in the future? It seems silly that a seasoned pvp corp can pay a measley 50m and just go willy nilly and pop miners or people who have much less fighting capability. My corp has been under war for nearly the past month, each week with a different corp/alliance. Is anything being done to address this? If not, this is game is starting to get really frustrating really quickly.



Ok here i'll write you a comprehensive 3 step guide on how to really enjoy Eve

1. Realize that high sec sucks.

2. Leave high sec

3. Never EVER return.




Makes the game a LOT better.


This is sound advice as long as the people in your corp can fly something fairly useful like a well fit BC in addition to their mining and industry gear.
Disastro
Wrecking Shots
#28 - 2013-05-09 01:56:37 UTC
Goram Kar wrote:
Is anything being done about highsec war decs in the future? It seems silly that a seasoned pvp corp can pay a measley 50m and just go willy nilly and pop miners or people who have much less fighting capability. My corp has been under war for nearly the past month, each week with a different corp/alliance. Is anything being done to address this? If not, this is game is starting to get really frustrating really quickly.


Nothing needs to be done about it. It is not broken. This is a pvp game. Folks who dont want to pvp have options to avoid it.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-05-15 17:56:10 UTC
Sex. Offer it.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Tassian Marrix
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-05-17 12:23:28 UTC
Will anything be done about it? no

Should something be done about it? maybe

Will people keep screaming "this is a PVP game" ? yes

While the game is advertised as a sandbox it really isn't. You are forced to train for combat before you pursue other roles or you will be punished for it. You will just have to suffer with it or move to an NPC corp.
Kronos
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-05-17 12:31:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Kronos
I agree there is something wrong with the war mechanics for high sec. I dont mind the odd war dec lasting 1-2 weeks because some pirate player corp wants to, or that someone has done something to upset another corp I think its all fair and with in the game rights. But I have now had a high sec war running now for 1-2 months and they are not going to stop. If you look at the history they are war deccing everyone who enter Jita (includes on the list Goonswarm and Test Alliance).

Now this is causing a major strain on my Alliance I formed. It is killing and upsetting the way people want to play EVE. I know a few people who bearly log on now because they know they will be hunted and killed. I do not know a good way how this problem can be sloved, but maybe putting fee's higher to something silly say 1-2 Billion a week to war dec a high sec based alliance then only really serious players will war dec. Also we have the nice bounty system in place if there was a way to buy a bounty tag from concord so you could hunt one particular person for a fee.

I am currently running my alt character but this war has runined my game play along with members in my alliance, it has stopped me doing the things I love to do in EVE, its a shame that someone elses fun is runied because others want to take advantage of easy kills and others hard work. It should not be this easy for them. I know of may high sec industrial based corp/alliances that have been disbanded or have all split up because of this problem.

Please CCP if you say you read these forums and what us players say, take note and try and help this problem.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-05-17 13:29:02 UTC
Kronos wrote:
I agree there is something wrong with the war mechanics for high sec. I dont mind the odd war dec lasting 1-2 weeks because some pirate player corp wants to, or that someone has done something to upset another corp I think its all fair and with in the game rights. But I have now had a high sec war running now for 1-2 months and they are not going to stop. If you look at the history they are war deccing everyone who enter Jita (includes on the list Goonswarm and Test Alliance).

Now this is causing a major strain on my Alliance I formed. It is killing and upsetting the way people want to play EVE. I know a few people who bearly log on now because they know they will be hunted and killed. I do not know a good way how this problem can be sloved, but maybe putting fee's higher to something silly say 1-2 Billion a week to war dec a high sec based alliance then only really serious players will war dec. Also we have the nice bounty system in place if there was a way to buy a bounty tag from concord so you could hunt one particular person for a fee.

I am currently running my alt character but this war has runined my game play along with members in my alliance, it has stopped me doing the things I love to do in EVE, its a shame that someone elses fun is runied because others want to take advantage of easy kills and others hard work. It should not be this easy for them. I know of may high sec industrial based corp/alliances that have been disbanded or have all split up because of this problem.

Please CCP if you say you read these forums and what us players say, take note and try and help this problem.


Oh hey look...

Future targets.

Seriously pay 1-2 bill to dec a highsec alliance.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Dyphorus
Inritus Astrum
#33 - 2013-05-19 05:22:57 UTC
Goram Kar wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
You could, you know, try and do something about it and not whine on the forums. Over the last year and a half wars have been changed in such as way that the mechanic is hugely biased in favor of the defender. If you can't figure out how to not get horribly beaten by people when the game itself is biased in your favor then you're doing something wrong.


Oh we've tried. We formed a fleet with logi and some cruisers, only to be chased away by Bhaalghorns and a fleet of t3 and neutral reppers. Thing is, this has been going on for weeks on end now. It is hard to keep an alliance together if were ordered to just stay docked for that long....and its in the end hurting moral. Kind of doubt we can muster up enough guys to even try a fleet similar to that again.


If you have an alliance, not just a corp, that can't handle a few little war decs, you might start looking for a new group. It's really not hard to survive, and even maintain functionality during a war dec.

Tips
- WATCH LOCAL. You have an mechanism that gives you perfect intel. WTs cannot be in system without you knowing it. Every mining ship you alliance looses is the explicit fault of the pilot not bothering to open his eyes and pay attention to what's going on in system.

- Don't be where they expect you to be.

- Alt haulers. It takes no time at all to train a logistics alt that you can leave in an NPC corp for when you have to move things around.

- Communicate. If your alliance were worth a damn they'd have intel channels to keep track or WTs, which can give you additional warning beyond that you get from WATCHING LOCAL.

- Don't feed them, they won't dec you again. Every ship lost to a war dec, that wasn't in an engagement of the defenders choosing is a mistake, period. Dead miner, wasn't smart enough to WATCH LOCAL. Dead missioner, wasn't smart enough to WATCH LOCAL. Dead hauler, wasn't smart enough to pause training for a couple of days to get an alt hauler up and running.

It is not that hard to survive in a state of war. Everyone of us that lives in nul sec survive everything you are dealing with and more (bubbles, hot-drops, bombs, etc....) every day. Use your head, work with your allies, don't be easy targets.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-05-19 10:44:43 UTC
I used to play world or warcraft 1 - id make a bunch of peons and send them out to mine n chop wood. If I didnt also make a barracks and some military units the other guy would come in and kill all my peons. You're doing exactly the same thing in EvE. Recruit some pvp guys for your corp defence - practice some basic small ship pvp tactics.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#35 - 2013-05-19 17:02:30 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I used to play world or warcraft 1 - id make a bunch of peons and send them out to mine n chop wood. If I didnt also make a barracks and some military units the other guy would come in and kill all my peons. You're doing exactly the same thing in EvE. Recruit some pvp guys for your corp defence - practice some basic small ship pvp tactics.


Did you SERIOUSLY just call Warcraft 1, World of Warcraft one?

I hate everything.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Awesome Alliance
#36 - 2013-05-20 01:03:17 UTC
I recommend everyone in eve just going flashy red and then the wardec system will be unneeded.


Big smile
JackknifedII
The Congregation
HIDDEN LEAF VILLAGE NINJA AssAssIn SQUAD eSports
#37 - 2013-05-21 11:09:54 UTC
High sec wars only exist because they generally mean easy kills for the aggressors. So don't give them any easy kills. If you know the trade hubs are camped, don't use the trade hubs. If you must use them, make some insta-warp undocking bookmarks (gave me easy access to jita and amarr when I needed more ammo and some nasty Germans were camping the undocks).

I don't know how many active members you have, but form up and fight back if you want. You don't have to use anything expensive. A rotating ball of caracals or destroyers can be alot of fun.

Minmatar....we are generally unpleasant to be around....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC81MDW6dFa41VdNTt-pTl1Q

Always recruiting

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-05-21 12:36:00 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I used to play world or warcraft 1 - id make a bunch of peons and send them out to mine n chop wood. If I didnt also make a barracks and some military units the other guy would come in and kill all my peons. You're doing exactly the same thing in EvE. Recruit some pvp guys for your corp defence - practice some basic small ship pvp tactics.


Did you SERIOUSLY just call Warcraft 1, World of Warcraft one?

I hate everything.

Yes. Yes I did. Lol.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Edwin McAlister
Empire Hooligans
#39 - 2013-05-21 14:27:52 UTC
my problem is not the war-dec itself....

however, I do have a problem with the 3rd party, neutral corp, full of logi's that jump in and help out the aggressor's that started the war,
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2013-05-21 14:44:00 UTC
Wouldn't it be cool if you also had a bunch of out of corp alts that could fly logi ships? Or even out of corp haulers/freighters so they could go to the trade hubs for you?

Or just move to low/null where neutral reppers are easily dealt with. I seriously doubt they will take those shiny faction BSs out of hi sec. But such is the nature of hi sec pvp.
Previous page123Next page