These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What does the Phantasm even do?

First post
Author
Toxic Raioin
Un4seen Development
Sev3rance
#181 - 2013-03-15 00:06:04 UTC
Illia Vuilleurmier wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:


  • Blood Raiders: Bhaalgorn is nice, Ashimmu and Cruor need some iteration. Need to find ways to make them useful at what they do without them competing too much with the Amarr Recon Ships.

What would be wrong with that?
Nobody has much problems with the fact that the Cynabal is a super Vagabond on steroids (except the fact that it is just *too* good at it) or that the Serpentis ships are basically Gallente ships on steroids with web-bonus-of-doom clearly stepping on the gallente AFs, HACs, and battleships toes, and to some extend Minmatar recons.
Since so many other faction ships compete with AFs and HACs, why would you be uncomfortable with making the Blood Raiders ships competing with Amarr recons?



imo the Ashimmu should have slightly better resists, more dps, and less neuts/nos slots.It would basically be a tanky dps with a bonus to 1 neut/nos. A ship to be feared for sure but it would be a slow ship.

Want some more DPS? Fly the phantasm/ahacs. Want some more neut/nos power and range? Fly T2 recons.

I think if CCP did this the ship would see a increase in usage since it moves the ship out of the "pvp only" bracket and doesnt focus as much on cap warfare.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#182 - 2013-03-15 21:19:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Diesel47
Illia Vuilleurmier wrote:
Well you're the one who imagined in the first place i wanted the ashimmu to be a Pilgrim with another shape.

It's particulalry funny coming from someone who flies a Vigilant in its latest video over let's say, a Deimos or a Thorax. Why do you do that? Because it pounds the two former down to the ground, performing simply better, at the very same task.

Why would you complain if the same nice thing happened to the Ashimmu, or the Phantasm, in regard of other ships?


Lol.

I flew a vigilant because its what I stole from the corp. You are analyzing this too much. Lol
Giullare
The Candyman is Back
#183 - 2013-03-18 12:23:33 UTC
Post to confirm that rattlesnkae is fine as it is right now.
That's why it sells for 500 mil while other pirate bs hull are between 1-1,4 bil.
Seriuosly, rattle is bad for pvp and u can get better ships for pve.
Giullare
The Candyman is Back
#184 - 2013-03-18 12:26:25 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
[quote=Merin Ryskin]

  • Guristas: Rattlesnake and Gila we are happy with, not so much with the Worm.

  • [/list]

    amurder Hakomairos
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #185 - 2013-03-18 15:04:51 UTC  |  Edited by: amurder Hakomairos
    CCP Ytterbium wrote:

  • Angel Cartel: while the Dramiel has been brought back into line, the Cynabal and Machariel need a nerf. Not necessarily a big one mind you, but at the moment they are just too much versatile with their flexible slot layouts, extended drone bays coupled with amazing speed and good damage. Their theoretical weaknesses (lack of EHP, poor damage projection) don't matter as much in the field as they should.


  • So, when would this be coming out? Not for a while, we have a lot of more urgent rebalancing to go through, mainly with Tech1 and 2 hulls, but this definately is on our to-do list.[/list]



    For the love of god can you people ever leave well enough alone? For the Mach's 1.3B isk hull cost you should be getting all of those things that you listed. The Mach is a specialized ship, its not like there are 500 ship Mach blobs ruining the game for everyone. Some times things don't have to be nerfed. We don't want to play a game where all ships are 100% the same.
    Valea Silpha
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #186 - 2013-03-18 15:50:20 UTC
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    CCP Ytterbium wrote:

  • Angel Cartel: while the Dramiel has been brought back into line, the Cynabal and Machariel need a nerf. Not necessarily a big one mind you, but at the moment they are just too much versatile with their flexible slot layouts, extended drone bays coupled with amazing speed and good damage. Their theoretical weaknesses (lack of EHP, poor damage projection) don't matter as much in the field as they should.


  • So, when would this be coming out? Not for a while, we have a lot of more urgent rebalancing to go through, mainly with Tech1 and 2 hulls, but this definately is on our to-do list.[/list]



    For the love of god can you people ever leave well enough alone? For the Mach's 1.3B isk hull cost you should be getting all of those things that you listed. The Mach is a specialized ship, its not like there are 500 ship Mach blobs ruining the game for everyone. Some times things don't have to be nerfed. We don't want to play a game where all ships are 100% the same.


    Price is NOT a balancing factor FFS. Things become the most expensive sub-capital BECAUSE they are over-powered. Supply and demand.

    Or to put it another way: if someone gave me a Mach for free does that mean it should have the performance of a noobship?

    Ships need to be balanced in relation to each other regardless of price. Eve has proven time after time after time that it does not matter how expensive a tool is, if it gives someone an advantage to use them then they will do. Ever hear about the nano age ? Or have you heard of tracking titans ? CCP has said over and over again that simply being expensive does not allow for something to be 'just better'.

    The mach is such a good ship that it isn't even really in the battleship class anymore. It's just its own thing. It has high dps, very good damage projection, best in class speed, extremely versatile slot layout and is just... awesome. For mission running ? Mach is one of the best ships in the game. Incursion running ? Same. Not many people have the balls, but its awesome at PvP too... Sniping ? 13k alpha. Brawling up close ? 900 gun dps with 70km falloff.

    The only reason why we don't see huge blobs of Machs is because it costs too much. If you run the numbers, you'll find that if you fit it like an Alpha Maelstrom, it get s 20% more alpha, 20% more dps, 80% more speed (seriously... 835ms vs 1505ms), a radically longer effective range... a choice of either far faster lock time and max possible range (sig amps) or even furhter improved damage projection (TEs). The hull comes with better sensor strength, lower sig, more locked targets, a faster align. Oh and it has a utility high too.

    So basically STFU. The mach is so much better than any of the competition that its not funny. It doesn't even need a sweet bonus to something useful to make it an attractive ship to pvp in. The Vindi is a good ship, but you are paying the money for a heavy web platform aspect, rather than the dps. The Bhaalgorn exists exclusively to neut things. If those two didn't have their ewar bonuses, people just wouldn't bother.

    The mach either needs to be downgraded to 'good but not so much good its silly' or changed to being useful only in specific situations.
    Cearain
    Plus 10 NV
    #187 - 2013-03-18 16:10:39 UTC

    Valea Silpha wrote:

    Price is NOT a balancing factor FFS. Things become the most expensive sub-capital BECAUSE they are over-powered. Supply and demand.?


    Of course it is.

    Valea Silpha wrote:

    Or to put it another way: if someone gave me a Mach for free does that mean it should have the performance of a noobship?


    If the mach was free like noob ships then yes they should have the performance of noob ships. Do you not think it would break the game if people just started getting machs and dramiels for free instead of noobships?

    Valea Silpha wrote:

    Ships need to be balanced in relation to each other regardless of price. Eve has proven time after time after time that it does not matter how expensive a tool is, if it gives someone an advantage to use them then they will do. Ever hear about the nano age ? Or have you heard of tracking titans ? CCP has said over and over again that simply being expensive does not allow for something to be 'just better'. .



    Actually Eve has proven that cost is a huge factor. All of the navy battleships are better than the vanilla battleships. Yet people still fly the vanilla ones. Why? Cost.

    Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

    Reppyk
    The Black Shell
    #188 - 2013-03-18 19:03:18 UTC
    Cearain wrote:
    Of course it is.
    lol

    You may not remember but CCP said the same thing about supers (and still, titans has been nerfed 4 times).

    Cearain wrote:
    Actually Eve has proven that cost is a huge factor. All of the navy battleships are better than the vanilla battleships. Yet people still fly the vanilla ones. Why? Cost.
    Scorpions. And the tiers3 BS are very competitive.
    And it seems you have missed the memo. Powerblocks are definitively not flying these navy BS, not at all. No no no.
    Fleet Phoon : not yet, blame ProgodLegend.
    Fleet Tempest : it's a CFC fleet called "tech fleet".
    Navy scorp : Shadow Cartel tried them a bit but BS missiles are too bad.
    Navy Raven : ^see above.
    Dominix : PL and Init both have a faction domi fleet.
    Mega : no faction fleet mega for now, true.
    Imperial arma : one of the most flown ship by heavy pirate gangs.
    Imperial apoc : standard HBC doctrine as some smaller alliances.

    Next time, think a bit before posting thanks. Arrow

    I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

    Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

    amurder Hakomairos
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #189 - 2013-03-18 19:03:46 UTC  |  Edited by: amurder Hakomairos
    Valea Silpha wrote:

    Price is NOT a balancing factor FFS. Things become the most expensive sub-capital BECAUSE they are over-powered. Supply and demand.

    Ships need to be balanced in relation to each other regardless of price. Eve has proven time after time after time that it does not matter how expensive a tool is, if it gives someone an advantage to use them then they will do. Ever hear about the nano age ? Or have you heard of tracking titans ? CCP has said over and over again that simply being expensive does not allow for something to be 'just better'.


    I disagree, in this case price is the balancing factor.

    Valea Silpha wrote:

    The only reason why we don't see huge blobs of Machs is because it costs too much.


    Thank you for making my point for me.

    Valea Silpha wrote:

    If you run the numbers, you'll find that if you fit it like an Alpha Maelstrom, it get s 20% more alpha, 20% more dps, 80% more speed (seriously... 835ms vs 1505ms), a radically longer effective range... a choice of either far faster lock time and max possible range (sig amps) or even furhter improved damage projection (TEs). The hull comes with better sensor strength, lower sig, more locked targets, a faster align. Oh and it has a utility high too.


    Yes, 20% more alpha, 20% more DPS, 80% more speed but at a 650% price premium. Not to mention that because of its 5 midslots and no shield bonus you likely need to spend for a deadspace tank vs T2 on a Mael.

    Valea Silpha wrote:

    The only reason why we don't see huge blobs of Machs is because it costs too much.


    Which is why it is not a ship which is in need of rebalancing. The ship is being used and performing as it should. Nothing should ever be nerfed because its too good at PvE and if you have the nuts to PvP in a 2B+ ship then you deserve the benefits.
    Bouh Revetoile
    In Wreck we thrust
    #190 - 2013-03-18 23:36:24 UTC
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    if you have the nuts to PvP in a 2B+ ship then you deserve the benefits.

    So titan pilots deserved the right to blap everything ?

    I'm glad CCP don't think like you.

    IMO, a BS, with faction BS tank&gank (not even T1), shouldn't be as fast as a cruiser... It's ok for the ship to be better than a T1, but the mach have way too much.
    amurder Hakomairos
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #191 - 2013-03-19 00:03:22 UTC
    Bouh Revetoile wrote:
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    if you have the nuts to PvP in a 2B+ ship then you deserve the benefits.

    So titan pilots deserved the right to blap everything ?

    I'm glad CCP don't think like you.

    IMO, a BS, with faction BS tank&gank (not even T1), shouldn't be as fast as a cruiser... It's ok for the ship to be better than a T1, but the mach have way too much.


    Nice straw man argument, when did I ever say anything about expensive ships being invincible? The Mach is far from it, killboards are full of Mach ganks. If a Titan pilot wanted to give up the majority of their tank to be able to blap battleships that sounds like a trade off to me.

    How is a Mach as fast as a cruiser? A cruiser with a prop mod is twice as fast as the Mach with the same type of prop mod.
    Cearain
    Plus 10 NV
    #192 - 2013-03-19 00:29:34 UTC
    Reppyk wrote:
    Cearain wrote:
    Of course it is.
    lol

    You may not remember but CCP said the same thing about supers (and still, titans has been nerfed 4 times).

    Cearain wrote:
    Actually Eve has proven that cost is a huge factor. All of the navy battleships are better than the vanilla battleships. Yet people still fly the vanilla ones. Why? Cost.
    Scorpions. And the tiers3 BS are very competitive.
    And it seems you have missed the memo. Powerblocks are definitively not flying these navy BS, not at all. No no no.
    Fleet Phoon : not yet, blame ProgodLegend.
    Fleet Tempest : it's a CFC fleet called "tech fleet".
    Navy scorp : Shadow Cartel tried them a bit but BS missiles are too bad.
    Navy Raven : ^see above.
    Dominix : PL and Init both have a faction domi fleet.
    Mega : no faction fleet mega for now, true.
    Imperial arma : one of the most flown ship by heavy pirate gangs.
    Imperial apoc : standard HBC doctrine as some smaller alliances.

    Next time, think a bit before posting thanks. Arrow



    I didn't say no one is flying the faction battleships. I am saying people are also flying the plain vanilla battleships. If price weren't an issue then we would see allot more dramiels, daredevils, machariels, Baahlgorns, and vindicators. Yet none of them are in the top 20 ships. The reason is cost.

    13 of the 20 top ships on evekill are vanilla tech 1 ships. These hulls are not as good as tech 2 or faction hulls so the only reason to prefer them is cost.

    16 of the top 20 ships cost less than a vanilla battleship hull.

    If fitting out supers cost the same as fitting out tristans we would see a huge increase in their numbers as well. Cost is a significant balancing factor. Its hard to believe people would deny this.

    Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

    Diesel47
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #193 - 2013-03-19 09:55:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Diesel47
    Bouh Revetoile wrote:
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    if you have the nuts to PvP in a 2B+ ship then you deserve the benefits.

    So titan pilots deserved the right to blap everything ?

    I'm glad CCP don't think like you.

    IMO, a BS, with faction BS tank&gank (not even T1), shouldn't be as fast as a cruiser... It's ok for the ship to be better than a T1, but the mach have way too much.


    I think the mach is perfect in terms of balance. Almost all of the pirate BS are very well balanced and perform well in their respective niche.
    Bouh Revetoile
    In Wreck we thrust
    #194 - 2013-03-19 11:58:04 UTC
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    Nice straw man argument, when did I ever say anything about expensive ships being invincible? The Mach is far from it, killboards are full of Mach ganks. If a Titan pilot wanted to give up the majority of their tank to be able to blap battleships that sounds like a trade off to me.

    How is a Mach as fast as a cruiser? A cruiser with a prop mod is twice as fast as the Mach with the same type of prop mod.

    100MN MWD Machariel speed (no speed mod) : 1505 m/s
    10MN MWD Maller speed (no plate, no rig) : 1584 m/s
    10MN MWD Moa speed (no plate, no rig) : 1530 m/s
    How ? By being faster and lighter maybe ? And hopefully cruiser speed have been buffed recently, other wise, mach would be faster than most cruisers... (Yes, the mach was faster than most cruiser before the crusier tiericide). And yet, only the stabber may go twice as fast as a machariel.

    Should justify how the mach have faction BS tank and gank too ? And I didn't even talk about damage projection...

    And the supply of the machariel is not limited by price but by supply of BPC. IMO, you could multiply this supply by 100 and still sell them all. Supply of mach is not less than other pirate BS ; IMO, there is even a lot more of mach BPC drops because of this demand (more people farming them).

    Machariel have way too much, and the cynabal have the same "problem".

    You said that price justify benefits, and that's plain wrong.

    That's not even me saying this, that is the law of market : benefits justify price, because benefit lead demand.

    The machariel have the same place among BS than the pre tiericide Drake had among BC : an almighty warmachine able to do everything, and most of them better than any other ship.
    amurder Hakomairos
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #195 - 2013-03-19 13:42:45 UTC  |  Edited by: amurder Hakomairos
    Bouh Revetoile wrote:

    100MN MWD Machariel speed (no speed mod) : 1505 m/s
    10MN MWD Maller speed (no plate, no rig) : 1584 m/s
    10MN MWD Moa speed (no plate, no rig) : 1530 m/s
    How ? By being faster and lighter maybe ? And hopefully cruiser speed have been buffed recently, other wise, mach would be faster than most cruisers... (Yes, the mach was faster than most cruiser before the crusier tiericide). And yet, only the stabber may go twice as fast as a machariel.


    I just ran a bunch of cruisers through EFT with MWD fit and I cant find one more than a few m/s slower than a Mach and most are faster with double the cap life. Besides, comparing a 10M isk T1 cruiser to a 1.3B isk pirate BS is a bit absurd. A regular T1 BS under MWD approaches 1k m/s speed, why would I not expect that a specialized pirate BS to be 40-50% faster than a vanilla T1 BS using the same prop mod? The specialized faction and pirate cruisers are.

    Bouh Revetoile wrote:

    Should justify how the mach have faction BS tank and gank too ? And I didn't even talk about damage projection...

    Have you ever even flown or fit a Mach? Do you even realize that a full T2 max gank fit using 800mm AC is impossible to fit with all skills to 5 and a 5% CPU implant? So to get a full T2 fit you lose a low slot for a cpu mod and the T2 fit Mach with all skills to 5 gets 1135 gun DPS with a 50k EHP tank and 163 HP/s boost (not to mention only 1ish minute cap life with MWD and booster running). A T2 gank fit all skills to 5 Mael gets 1036 gun dps with the same 50k EHP tank and 224 HP/s boost. So for over 600% more cost you are getting only 10% more dps, 40% more speed, and 40% more falloff, but losing 40% of your shield boost. Sounds to me like cost is operating as a perfect balancer here. Want speed and range? Pony up the extra 1.1B for a Mach.

    Do you realize that the "overpowered" Mach fits with too much gank and tank you talk about are built using billions of isk in faction and deadspace mods? I'm sorry but if you are flying a 1.3B isk ship with another 3-4B+ isk of bling on it then yes it should perform significantly better than all T1 BS. Here the cost balancer comes into play even more, as the cost of the fit is more than 20 T2 fit Maels.

    Bouh Revetoile wrote:

    And the supply of the machariel is not limited by price but by supply of BPC. IMO, you could multiply this supply by 100 and still sell them all. Supply of mach is not less than other pirate BS ; IMO, there is even a lot more of mach BPC drops because of this demand (more people farming them).

    I'm sorry but you are just wrong here. A quick check of the market shows over 250 Machs available throughout EVE with another dozen or so available on contracts plus 70 or so BPCs. If the supply was limited by BPC availability I would expect to see none available, especially in market hubs as the immense demand would cause them to be purchased as fast as they are put up for sale. As the ship (and its BPC) is readily available for purchase it is cost, not supply, which limits its use.

    Bouh Revetoile wrote:

    The machariel have the same place among BS than the pre tiericide Drake had among BC : an almighty warmachine able to do everything, and most of them better than any other ship.

    I don't see how you can possibly justify this statement. The Mach is a specialized ship that is good at specific things. Its not an unbeatable war machine, it isn't "easy mode" like the drake was. It doesn't have significantly more tank or gank than other ships of its class (which are Pirate BS btw, not T1 ships). Without deadspace gear its tank is thin and it has to be actively piloted to account for that. To even fly it you need to train up two races of ships. And obviously at its price, role, and skill requirements it is going to be better than most other ships. What you need to be doing is making an apples to apples comparison to ships of its class - the other pirate BS.

    The biggest issue with the Drake was that its advantages resulted in PvP Drake blobs, something that is prevented (and thus balanced) by the cost of the Mach.

    Diesel47 wrote:

    I think the mach is perfect in terms of balance. Almost all of the pirate BS are very well balanced and perform well in their respective niche.

    This. Honestly, I think there is a 0% chance that CCP can "balance" the pirate BS without f*ing them up. I get what CCP is doing with the T1 ship rebalances and that is good - each race should have viable ships in all classes and there shouldn't be one or two T1 ships in a class that stand out as significantly better than the rest. Pirate ships are a completely different story though. Their massive price tag means they shouldn't fly like plain vanilla T1 ships, and they shouldn't all be "balanced" like plain vanilla T1 ships. Nerfing these ships will remove the last few ships in the game that are actually fun to fly.
    Gypsio III
    Questionable Ethics.
    Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
    #196 - 2013-03-19 13:48:15 UTC
    Diesel47 wrote:
    Bouh Revetoile wrote:
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    if you have the nuts to PvP in a 2B+ ship then you deserve the benefits.

    So titan pilots deserved the right to blap everything ?

    I'm glad CCP don't think like you.

    IMO, a BS, with faction BS tank&gank (not even T1), shouldn't be as fast as a cruiser... It's ok for the ship to be better than a T1, but the mach have way too much.


    I think the mach is perfect in terms of balance. Almost all of the pirate BS are very well balanced and perform well in their respective niche.


    I think the combination of damage projection and mobility is a bit much, I'd look at reducing its falloff.
    Mr Floydy
    Questionable Ethics.
    Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
    #197 - 2013-03-19 14:15:17 UTC
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    For the love of god can you people ever leave well enough alone? For the Mach's 1.3B isk hull cost you should be getting all of those things that you listed. The Mach is a specialized ship, its not like there are 500 ship Mach blobs ruining the game for everyone. Some times things don't have to be nerfed. We don't want to play a game where all ships are 100% the same.

    I'm all for the Mach being a good ship, but it practically does everything better than other ships in the game. It's just too damn fast, there is no way one of the physically biggest BS in the game should be able to match the pace of most cruisers, let alone battlecruisers.

    Compare it to a Nightmare and the navy ships (ignoring Bhaalgorn/Vindi here due to being quite specialised) - the other ships are massively slower, but similar in most other respects.
    amurder Hakomairos
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #198 - 2013-03-19 14:36:54 UTC
    Mr Floydy wrote:
    amurder Hakomairos wrote:
    For the love of god can you people ever leave well enough alone? For the Mach's 1.3B isk hull cost you should be getting all of those things that you listed. The Mach is a specialized ship, its not like there are 500 ship Mach blobs ruining the game for everyone. Some times things don't have to be nerfed. We don't want to play a game where all ships are 100% the same.

    I'm all for the Mach being a good ship, but it practically does everything better than other ships in the game. It's just too damn fast, there is no way one of the physically biggest BS in the game should be able to match the pace of most cruisers, let alone battlecruisers.

    Compare it to a Nightmare and the navy ships (ignoring Bhaalgorn/Vindi here due to being quite specialised) - the other ships are massively slower, but similar in most other respects.



    The Nightmare is significantly slower than the Mach, but in my opinion this is more an indication that the nightmare needs a speed buff vs. a speed nerf for the Mach. But I would agree that a slight speed nerf is about all they can do without ruining the ship.
    Goldiiee
    Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
    #199 - 2013-03-19 16:49:14 UTC
    I know there are two sides to every argument. As near as I can tell there are the Nerf Mach groups that vary from its OP or that it is too flexible. And the ‘Leave it alone’ group that believe it is fine and the rest of the Pirate Faction ships need buffed more than the mach needs Nerfed.

    As all ships can be OP with enough ISK it would seem that a comparison done through t2 fittings alone escapes most people’s thought process. A similarly fitted mach for my purpose would require a 6% CPU implant and then it would be 75% slower 600dps weaker tank and 400dps less damage. So if I spare my wallet the 4 billion ISK for fittings I can have a maelstrom, It’s not OP it’s just really damn expensive to make it work. If I drop the Faction/T2 ammo to T1 ammo the difference is only a loss of 200dps between the two fits but still 400dps less than the expensive stuff. Still the tank is a dismal 450 not really the ‘King of ships’ for a 300 day training investment.

    So as a comparison I fitted up a vindicator with T2 vs. Deadspace. And until CCP invents a 16% CPU implant it will never be a T2 fitted ship, but it will probably be left alone in the tieracide.

    Why stop there; Nightmare, is a breeze to fit everything on and room to spare, the virtual Swiss Knife of the Pirate faction BS’s
    The Blaagorn; Can be setup without gimping the pilot or the fit, especially when the specified role of ‘Nueting monster’ is the primary consideration.

    So why all the hate for Machariels, since the fitting requirements also hamstring the pilot into investing so much ISK that undocking in high sec is a risk and Low sec is a veritable CTA magnet. Not because it is so badass that everyone is needed to take it down, but because the killmail is bound to be more enviable than a Tournament prize.

    Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

    Mr Floydy
    Questionable Ethics.
    Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
    #200 - 2013-03-19 18:04:46 UTC
    I can accept that the Mach is a bit low on cpu if you want to Active shield tank it. I think what bugs me most about the Mach, is that it doesn't have any of the downsides you usually get from flying a Battleship. It's faster than any Battlecruiser, much higher scan res than other Battleships, it aligns like a Battlecruiser - the agility it can have before even putting any nano mods on it is just insane. Huge drone bay too. It can outbrawl anything that can really catch it and anything that can really hurt it you can run from easily unless you fly like a tard.

    If CCP take the choice of bringing the other BS up towards the level the Mach is I can't wait