These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Which event arcs have been cut short by player action ?

First post
Author
Aren Madigan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-03-03 02:00:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Aren Madigan
Naraish Adarn wrote:
Aren Madigan wrote:
Here's an interesting question.... why isn't there something like a revenge live event? :p Like, say there is a large number of goons or another corp that come to an event and trash it? Well, it turns out, they had some pretty powerful friends that are ticked off now, so after finding out who did it, a warning is sent out to them that someone is coming to screw with them as a consequence for their actions. They can ask for help, but also word could spread and bring their enemies into the picture. Now, it may seem a little mean to do, but hey, it'd be a consequence to their actions. Perhaps make people a little worried about interfering. Granted, you don't want to go overkill... like you wouldn't want to set it up on purpose to wipe out all of a power bloc's holdings, but hey, such revenge events would be fun. Hell, could be on the other side too, if its an event someone needed to be protected, the attackers could react in a similar way as well.


it's either the downshifting intoxication coursing trough my bloodstream or sheer exhaustion of 18 plus hour day but that wall of text is barely cohesive.

what i gather you want to invite a corp into a live event and trash it or atleast try to. and those that took part into a ilve event (mostly RPers) to go after em. this was only conclusion i managed to draw after 10 minutes of trying to read your post. which also makes me question somewhat if you understand what Live events are or how they relate to things in EVE?


...let me reword it. Say there's a live event.. a fleet of actors is doing something before suddenly, the goons decide to crash the party. They destroy the actors and in a normal circumstance, cut the even short. However from a story standpoint, it turns out the actors had powerful friends that want revenge, so they attack the sov territory of goons in revenge, creating a live event that focuses on a corp rather than say, the Caldari workers protesting and people just sort of showing up and seeing it. You know, something that involves the corps of EVE directly in consequence of their actions in another event. Actually making the corps more a direct part of EVE's lore
Simon Louvaki
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#22 - 2013-03-03 04:20:28 UTC
Essentially, he means to say 'show the goons their actions have consequences'.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Aren Madigan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-03-03 04:28:36 UTC
Simon Louvaki wrote:
Essentially, he means to say 'show the goons their actions have consequences'.


It was mostly an example... nothing personal against goons.
Simon Louvaki
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#24 - 2013-03-03 21:50:58 UTC
Aren Madigan wrote:
Simon Louvaki wrote:
Essentially, he means to say 'show the goons their actions have consequences'.


It was mostly an example... nothing personal against goons.


Its a good example. I find it somewhat hard to believe that any of the Empires would allow a Capsuleer organization to behave in such a way as they did against the Matari delegates a few weeks ago.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Aren Madigan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-03-04 00:57:23 UTC
Heh, didn't think they actually did anything like that, but makes sense. You WOULD think that'd cause an empire to declare them as criminals, or since they are effectively an empire themselves, declare war.
Eliniale
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-03-07 11:27:22 UTC
Aren Madigan wrote:
Here's an interesting question.... why isn't there something like a revenge live event? :p Like, say there is a large number of goons or another corp that come to an event and trash it? Well, it turns out, they had some pretty powerful friends that are ticked off now, so after finding out who did it, a warning is sent out to them that someone is coming to screw with them as a consequence for their actions. They can ask for help, but also word could spread and bring their enemies into the picture. Now, it may seem a little mean to do, but hey, it'd be a consequence to their actions. Perhaps make people a little worried about interfering. Granted, you don't want to go overkill... like you wouldn't want to set it up on purpose to wipe out all of a power bloc's holdings, but hey, such revenge events would be fun. Hell, could be on the other side too, if its an event someone needed to be protected, the attackers could react in a similar way as well.



^This.

In a way the whole Angel arc is sorta doing just that, but in that instance it is very much focussed on one capsuleer and his immediate associates. I wouldn't mind seeing this be blown a big bigger when mayor factions/ alliances interfere.

I would however like to point out none of the empires will ever declare full scale war on the mayor alliances, simply because it would leave them open to attack from the other empires.
This doesn't mean that they can't hold mayor combat operations in null though, just no protracted events. A single get in, make em bleed, get out.

System ideas: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191928&find=unread

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#27 - 2013-03-14 06:03:06 UTC
Eliniale wrote:
Aren Madigan wrote:
Here's an interesting question.... why isn't there something like a revenge live event? :p Like, say there is a large number of goons or another corp that come to an event and trash it? Well, it turns out, they had some pretty powerful friends that are ticked off now, so after finding out who did it, a warning is sent out to them that someone is coming to screw with them as a consequence for their actions. They can ask for help, but also word could spread and bring their enemies into the picture. Now, it may seem a little mean to do, but hey, it'd be a consequence to their actions. Perhaps make people a little worried about interfering. Granted, you don't want to go overkill... like you wouldn't want to set it up on purpose to wipe out all of a power bloc's holdings, but hey, such revenge events would be fun. Hell, could be on the other side too, if its an event someone needed to be protected, the attackers could react in a similar way as well.



^This.

In a way the whole Angel arc is sorta doing just that, but in that instance it is very much focussed on one capsuleer and his immediate associates. I wouldn't mind seeing this be blown a big bigger when mayor factions/ alliances interfere.

I would however like to point out none of the empires will ever declare full scale war on the mayor alliances, simply because it would leave them open to attack from the other empires.
This doesn't mean that they can't hold mayor combat operations in null though, just no protracted events. A single get in, make em bleed, get out.



Sounds like an Incursion, staged in Goon space (or somewhere else), with the Sansha forces replaced by Gallente Federation forces or CONCORD forces or whatever. And different payouts - obviously CONCORD won't give you LP for blowing up their ships, but a pirate faction might.

That sounds like a MASSIVE amount of programming for one live event. But if an expansion on the incursion feature is planned, such an event might be a good way to start them off. If it was in Goon space, rivals of the swarm could rock up with gank fleets, EWAR or other methods, and might even get LP with the faction running the incursion for causing Goon fleets to wipe.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Eliniale
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-03-14 10:34:51 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Eliniale wrote:
Aren Madigan wrote:
Here's an interesting question.... why isn't there something like a revenge live event? :p Like, say there is a large number of goons or another corp that come to an event and trash it? Well, it turns out, they had some pretty powerful friends that are ticked off now, so after finding out who did it, a warning is sent out to them that someone is coming to screw with them as a consequence for their actions. They can ask for help, but also word could spread and bring their enemies into the picture. Now, it may seem a little mean to do, but hey, it'd be a consequence to their actions. Perhaps make people a little worried about interfering. Granted, you don't want to go overkill... like you wouldn't want to set it up on purpose to wipe out all of a power bloc's holdings, but hey, such revenge events would be fun. Hell, could be on the other side too, if its an event someone needed to be protected, the attackers could react in a similar way as well.



^This.

In a way the whole Angel arc is sorta doing just that, but in that instance it is very much focussed on one capsuleer and his immediate associates. I wouldn't mind seeing this be blown a big bigger when mayor factions/ alliances interfere.

I would however like to point out none of the empires will ever declare full scale war on the mayor alliances, simply because it would leave them open to attack from the other empires.
This doesn't mean that they can't hold mayor combat operations in null though, just no protracted events. A single get in, make em bleed, get out.



Sounds like an Incursion, staged in Goon space (or somewhere else), with the Sansha forces replaced by Gallente Federation forces or CONCORD forces or whatever. And different payouts - obviously CONCORD won't give you LP for blowing up their ships, but a pirate faction might.

That sounds like a MASSIVE amount of programming for one live event. But if an expansion on the incursion feature is planned, such an event might be a good way to start them off. If it was in Goon space, rivals of the swarm could rock up with gank fleets, EWAR or other methods, and might even get LP with the faction running the incursion for causing Goon fleets to wipe.


I was honestly thinking more of a little invasion, along the lines of the old pre-incursion Sansha live events. Where the NPC actively engage anything on a station, but never stick around for more than a few hours tops.
Or you could just have a bunch of devs in pvp vessel do some guerilla combat on behalf of a faction. I'd love to see a Matari task force **** around in the core systems of the goons with a black ops and some covert vessels.

System ideas: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191928&find=unread

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#29 - 2013-03-15 21:15:51 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
We want these events to be visible to everyone. We want everyone, even those who're just passing and happen upon an event, to be able to spectate, or even participate if they feel the need to do so and are interested in becoming involved. Hell, half the time we'd love people who're just passing to get dragged head long into a deep and immersive story arc that they can enjoy.


Have it your way, but you're basically going to continue to be carrying wedding cakes through the zoo's poo-flinging monkey section every time.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2013-03-18 21:18:07 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We want these events to be visible to everyone. We want everyone, even those who're just passing and happen upon an event, to be able to spectate, or even participate if they feel the need to do so and are interested in becoming involved. Hell, half the time we'd love people who're just passing to get dragged head long into a deep and immersive story arc that they can enjoy.


Have it your way, but you're basically going to continue to be carrying wedding cakes through the zoo's poo-flinging monkey section every time.


This analogy made me laugh a lot. Very vivid! Lol

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

CCP Falcon
#31 - 2013-03-18 21:20:52 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We want these events to be visible to everyone. We want everyone, even those who're just passing and happen upon an event, to be able to spectate, or even participate if they feel the need to do so and are interested in becoming involved. Hell, half the time we'd love people who're just passing to get dragged head long into a deep and immersive story arc that they can enjoy.


Have it your way, but you're basically going to continue to be carrying wedding cakes through the zoo's poo-flinging monkey section every time.


Lol

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-03-19 10:51:37 UTC
Slightly off topic... but i hope you guys are involved in coming up with new missions/epic arcs I would like a single time run thing, maybe only for a certain weekend in which people in a certain region/constellation have to complete missions either for or against an action. With the results being played out as a live even the following weekend.

e.g.

System X is being used to develop a new weapon technology for the Caldari, however the gallente dont want the research leaving the planet, they want it wiped out.

Players can either take missions from Agent C (Caldari) or Agent G (Gallente). The missions are basically the same, you warp to a dead space pocket nearby a planet and have to take out x number of ships. For Agent C you will have to destroy an incoming gallente fed fleet consisting of BCs/BS intent on blockading the planet. For Agent G you will have to destroy a fleet of BCs/BCs trying to escort indy ships from the planet surface to escape.

Once you have picked a side (either by standings or personal preference) you are tied into that faction but you can run the missions as many times as you want. The agent that gets the most completed missions will effect the live event the following weekend.

If you the Caldari win, the live event will focus on their ships leaving the system and heading to caldari prime, players can attempt to blow them up on route if they wish. If the Gallente win a large NPC gallente fleet will be on standby at the gate to attack the caldari ships leaving the system, effectively wiping them all out before they can leave.

Tying this into a DUST 514 even would also be pretty straight forward, you either fight for Caldari or Gallente, but without the restriction on faction choice.

In terms of rewards I would see the ships as having little to no bounty, however they would each relevant dog tags and faction ammo in the cargoholds, to entice more people in maybe allow a random drop of a faction (fed navy, cald navy) item at the end of a completed mission
Faronis Falar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-03-19 14:15:45 UTC
Being relatively new to Eve, the thing that attracts me to it is its likeness to real life. I can spend time working on something for some random guy to come and hold a knife up to me and demand I give it to them. (Of course in the context of Eve, waiting out of the station.) And yes of course there are levels of repercussion for said people, in high sec loss of ship, all the way down to nothing. Perhaps again like our world, the more civilized a country (Empire) is the less criminals can get away with.

If you start making the events insta, or making certain ships immune or whatever, that realism disappears. So I support any criminal who wants to warp in and kill the Amarr General. But I also support the huge drop in standing, militia chases, and whatever else the Empire decides to throw at that individual.

Don't see the need to change it, if a player kills the main character, tough stuff.
My two coppers....
Eliniale
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-03-20 11:16:54 UTC
Faronis Falar wrote:
Being relatively new to Eve, the thing that attracts me to it is its likeness to real life. I can spend time working on something for some random guy to come and hold a knife up to me and demand I give it to them. (Of course in the context of Eve, waiting out of the station.) And yes of course there are levels of repercussion for said people, in high sec loss of ship, all the way down to nothing. Perhaps again like our world, the more civilized a country (Empire) is the less criminals can get away with.

If you start making the events insta, or making certain ships immune or whatever, that realism disappears. So I support any criminal who wants to warp in and kill the Amarr General. But I also support the huge drop in standing, militia chases, and whatever else the Empire decides to throw at that individual.

Don't see the need to change it, if a player kills the main character, tough stuff.
My two coppers....


This post just screams alt :p. (I may be wrong but the chances of new people catching on that quickly to the ins and outs of LE are so low they are negligable).

In case I am wrong, welcome to eve, but i doubt it :)

System ideas: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191928&find=unread

Previous page12