These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

glowing red circle of an agressing ship is a pita

First post
Author
Lili Lu
#1 - 2012-12-20 19:01:03 UTC
Is there some way to turn off this annoying new effect? It in fact makes it harder to see the battlefield. I really don't need a huge red circle to appear arround every ship that aggresses me. The old small blinky red square was fine. If you now want to make that a small blinky red circle outline then fine. But the huge cloud of red has to go.

If there is some easy change to settings that I'm derping to remember that will get rid of this new "feature" please tell me. Thanks Straight
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#2 - 2012-12-20 21:08:07 UTC
To my knowledge, those are ment to indicate who is doing the most damage to you at the time, though I could have sworn I saw that only a few should have them, not all. A toggle would be nice though, yes.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Seranova Farreach
Biomass Negative
#3 - 2012-12-20 22:28:00 UTC
the red circles are there to help prioratise which ship is doing the heavest dps on you so you can take them out.

[u]___________________ http://i.imgur.com/d9Ee2ik.jpg[/u]

Lili Lu
#4 - 2012-12-21 08:46:40 UTC
Unfortunately it seems not just one enemy lights up this way. And frankly even one is too many. The red globule is too intrusive on the screen. It blocks out too much other stuff. Either allow it to be turned off or mute the damn thing down.
Dave stark
#5 - 2012-12-21 09:26:19 UTC
Seranova Farreach wrote:
the red circles are there to help prioratise which ship is doing the heavest dps on you so you can take them out.

really? because it just seems like any ship shooting you gets one of those.
nikon56
UnSkilleD Inc.
#6 - 2012-12-21 10:06:29 UTC
agreed this thing is buggy.

it seems that it somehow retains the state while it shall not.

like ship A is the most damage dealer for the first 5 sec => red circle

then ship B is top damage for the next 10 sec => red circle, but ship A still have red circle etc....

plus it seems that since all ship does not fire at same time, they are, obviously, all top damage dealer at the moment they fire.

result is taht everyone get said circle, and it does not vanish while it should.


proof of this, i camped a gate 2 days ago, ship passes, i agress, so sentry shoot me (and go red circle indeed).

once business finished, i W/O, then warp back and resume camping => for 5 minutes, the sentry remained red circle while it was not shooting anymore.


so my advise:

1- fix it
2- make it deactivable, in fleet fight this make the field a nightmare
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#7 - 2012-12-21 11:27:43 UTC
Seranova Farreach wrote:
the red circles are there to help prioratise which ship is doing the heavest dps on you so you can take them out.


This is also a bit broken. Both in PVP and in PVE it's quite often the case that you want to take out other than the heaviest hitters first.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Oberine Noriepa
#8 - 2012-12-21 14:38:31 UTC
This function is optional, last I checked. You can toggle it via the Misc tab in Overview Settings.

Lili Lu
#9 - 2012-12-22 08:02:51 UTC
No. Even with "show targeting crosshairs" unchecked you still get the obtrusive red spheres on your screen.
Oberine Noriepa
#10 - 2012-12-22 22:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
That isn't even what I'm talking about. On the same tab there's an option that says "Display Damage Indications". If you uncheck this, you will no longer get the red indicators. I just tried this on both Buckingham and Tranquility.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-12-22 22:55:27 UTC
I'd like to be able to turn it off please.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Oberine Noriepa
#12 - 2012-12-22 23:15:28 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
I'd like to be able to turn it off please.

You can. Ugh

Thor Kerrigan
The High and Mighty
Carebear Abortion Clinic
#13 - 2012-12-23 01:27:15 UTC
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
That isn't even what I'm talking about. On the same tab there's an option that says "Display Damage Indications". If you uncheck this, you will no longer get the red indicators. I just tried this on both Buckingham and Tranquility.


lolwut.
/thread
Oberine Noriepa
#14 - 2012-12-23 04:49:06 UTC
Perhaps your small brain will be able to grasp this? (Picture)

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2012-12-23 13:41:30 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
Yes, as Oberine Noriepa, you can hide those indicators if you do not like them.

We tried many things with this, but we kept running into problems with the fact that the range of the damage points can be so great.
We decided to keep it really simple.... the top 5 damage dealers in the last 2 minutes will have the red blobs. All we do is count the damage the ships (and their drones) have done in the last 2 minutes, and display who has done the most damage during that time. That gives you a little bit of indication who it is that has been doing damage to you lately.

nikon56 wrote:

once business finished, i W/O, then warp back and resume camping => for 5 minutes, the sentry remained red circle while it was not shooting anymore.
I think the states should be cleared when you warp out. I am not totally sure, I'll check when I get back from vacation, but I know that if the guns have not done any damage to you in 2 minutes, they should not be red anymore.
Btw, did they have the red aggressing bracket?

If not, could you please create a bug report on this, and I'll see what I can do? Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#16 - 2012-12-23 18:33:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Bubanni
CCP karkur wrote:
Yes, as Oberine Noriepa, you can hide those indicators if you do not like them.

We tried many things with this, but we kept running into problems with the fact that the range of the damage points can be so great.
We decided to keep it really simple.... the top 5 damage dealers in the last 2 minutes will have the red blobs. All we do is count the damage the ships (and their drones) have done in the last 2 minutes, and display who has done the most damage during that time. That gives you a little bit of indication who it is that has been doing damage to you lately.

nikon56 wrote:

once business finished, i W/O, then warp back and resume camping => for 5 minutes, the sentry remained red circle while it was not shooting anymore.
I think the states should be cleared when you warp out. I am not totally sure, I'll check when I get back from vacation, but I know that if the guns have not done any damage to you in 2 minutes, they should not be red anymore.
Btw, did they have the red aggressing bracket?

If not, could you please create a bug report on this, and I'll see what I can do? Smile


I personly liked the first version where the indication showed who was doing most damage "right now", with the flashing red being based on how much damage % of your HP... instead of how it is now... I really find it useless and less "awesome"

I wish you would enable us to use the first version... or ask the players which they prefere....

http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/63449/1/brackets.gif you know like you showed first time in the dev blog... it was awesome, and I still fail to understand the reasoning behind making it less awesome

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-12-23 18:34:26 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Yes, as Oberine Noriepa, you can hide those indicators if you do not like them.

We tried many things with this, but we kept running into problems with the fact that the range of the damage points can be so great.
We decided to keep it really simple.... the top 5 damage dealers in the last 2 minutes will have the red blobs. All we do is count the damage the ships (and their drones) have done in the last 2 minutes, and display who has done the most damage during that time. That gives you a little bit of indication who it is that has been doing damage to you lately.

nikon56 wrote:

once business finished, i W/O, then warp back and resume camping => for 5 minutes, the sentry remained red circle while it was not shooting anymore.
I think the states should be cleared when you warp out. I am not totally sure, I'll check when I get back from vacation, but I know that if the guns have not done any damage to you in 2 minutes, they should not be red anymore.
Btw, did they have the red aggressing bracket?

If not, could you please create a bug report on this, and I'll see what I can do? Smile


I believe they do clear after 2 minutes, but yeah i have seen them have red circles when they werent aggressing me within 2 minutes after being shot by them.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us