These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Removing Local is Essential to the Long Term Survival of EVE

Author
bongsmoke
Visine Red
420 Chronicles of EvE
#21 - 2012-05-21 22:35:24 UTC
Anazzar wrote:
Peter Raptor wrote:
Keep local, because clicking dscan a lots and lots of times every few seconds isn't good for mental health.


shut up! whos there? I know your there just waiting for me to stop clicking!.

But I wont, ill never stop clicking because I know your there...cloaked...waiting...watching

whos there?


Knock knock
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-05-21 22:37:53 UTC
I like the idea of no local in at least non high security space. However, since masternerdguy is posting about it, we should probably keep local.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-05-21 22:40:46 UTC
As a professional internet spaceship forum poster I can tell you that you bad posting is detrimental to the ongoing success of EVE. I will demonstrate my reasons for this with some professional looking bullet points.


  • You're awful.
  • You post awful threads.
  • I enjoy the music of The O'Jays.
  • Superfluous bullet point.


This, quite frankly, is unacceptable.

Remove masternerdguy.

Heh.

bongsmoke
Visine Red
420 Chronicles of EvE
#24 - 2012-05-21 22:44:33 UTC
Tinnin Sylph wrote:
As a professional internet spaceship forum poster I can tell you that you bad posting is detrimental to the ongoing success of EVE. I will demonstrate my reasons for this with some professional looking bullet points.


  • You're awful.
  • You post awful threads.
  • I enjoy the music of The O'Jays.
  • Superfluous bullet point.


This, quite frankly, is unacceptable.

Remove masternerdguy.


Oh look another goon, since you didnt offer the OP forum protection for 250 million isk, you failed your corp and should be punished accordindly.
Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-05-21 22:50:15 UTC
250m is pocket change I'm rolling in Tech baby.

Seriously, we've recently constructed a Scrooge McDuck style vault filled with Tech in VFK. Most Goons now spend the majority of their time doing a lazy backstroke around the vault while wearing top-hats and blue and white striped full body swimming costumes.

Heh.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-05-21 22:51:48 UTC
master nerd guy just likes to post things that he know will get lots of replied.

That said, he's right, eve needs to get rid of local. even if it's only in -0.5 to -1.0 space. Wormhole PvP have proofs that local isn't needed and infact more interest because of it.

2nd of all, blacks ops battleships would finally have a role.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-05-21 22:53:17 UTC
Rath Kelbore wrote:
I like the idea of no local in at least non high security space. However, since masternerdguy is posting about it, we should probably keep local.


don't fall his trap!

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#28 - 2012-05-21 22:55:54 UTC
Tinnin Sylph wrote:
250m is pocket change I'm rolling in Tech baby.

Seriously, we've recently constructed a Scrooge McDuck style vault filled with Tech in VFK. Most Goons now spend the majority of their time doing a lazy backstroke around the vault while wearing top-hats and blue and white striped full body swimming costumes.

What? Shocked

Aww man, I thought tech was a metal or something.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

RDevz
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2012-05-21 22:59:55 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:


This, quite frankly, is unacceptable. EVE is not easy. Easy things must die and be replaced with colder harsher things.

Remove local.


I completely agree. While we're at it, cloning is a crutch. If you die in space, you're instantly resurrected in a station, ready to fight again?

This, quite frankly, is unacceptable. EVE is not easy. Easy things must die and be replaced with colder harsher things.

Remove clones. Make EVE hardcore.

~

Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-05-21 23:01:32 UTC
We're so obscenely rich we don't even have to abide by the fundamental laws of physics. It's like how when you get rich enough to own a Ferrari you can basically ignore parking restrictions because heh.

Heh.

Duvida
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-05-21 23:03:10 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
master nerd guy just likes to post things that he know will get lots of replied.

That said, he's right, eve needs to get rid of local. even if it's only in -0.5 to -1.0 space. Wormhole PvP have proofs that local isn't needed and infact more interest because of it.

2nd of all, blacks ops battleships would finally have a role.


That's an interesting idea... if a system or constellation hits -1.0, local dies until the sec rating improves? What would that do to the nullsec game?
Masamune Dekoro
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-05-21 23:03:25 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
As an FC


people listen to you?
Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-05-21 23:04:33 UTC
Duvida wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
master nerd guy just likes to post things that he know will get lots of replied.

That said, he's right, eve needs to get rid of local. even if it's only in -0.5 to -1.0 space. Wormhole PvP have proofs that local isn't needed and infact more interest because of it.

2nd of all, blacks ops battleships would finally have a role.


That's an interesting idea... if a system or constellation hits -1.0, local dies until the sec rating improves? What would that do to the nullsec game?


What

Heh.

Duvida
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-05-21 23:05:14 UTC
RDevz wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:


This, quite frankly, is unacceptable. EVE is not easy. Easy things must die and be replaced with colder harsher things.

Remove local.


I completely agree. While we're at it, cloning is a crutch. If you die in space, you're instantly resurrected in a station, ready to fight again?

This, quite frankly, is unacceptable. EVE is not easy. Easy things must die and be replaced with colder harsher things.

Remove clones. Make EVE hardcore.



Meh, hardcore people load up Unix, fire up the green-on-black text commands and the 300 baud modem. All these 'graphics'? Window-bears, I say!
Eve Orwell
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-05-21 23:05:47 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Tinnin Sylph wrote:
250m is pocket change I'm rolling in Tech baby.

Seriously, we've recently constructed a Scrooge McDuck style vault filled with Tech in VFK. Most Goons now spend the majority of their time doing a lazy backstroke around the vault while wearing top-hats and blue and white striped full body swimming costumes.

What? Shocked

Aww man, I thought tech was a metal or something.


gold is a metal, scrooge mcduck still manages to swim in it
Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-05-21 23:08:07 UTC
Easthir Ravin wrote:
Greetings

You do realize that if local went away, which I am not necessarily against, 100% of the forum posts afterwards would be from hulk miners and carebears screaming bloody murder to bring back local. Personally I say let them have it as I am not sure I can handle any more crying on the forums.

vr
East


I'm curious why Hulk miners in High Sec care about local?

You mean Null Bears?
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-05-21 23:09:52 UTC
Masamune Dekoro wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
As an FC


people listen to you?


Every day.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Reina Supremus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-05-21 23:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Reina Supremus
Easthir Ravin wrote:
Greetings

You do realize that if local went away, which I am not necessarily against, 100% of the forum posts afterwards would be from hulk miners and carebears screaming bloody murder to bring back local. Personally I say let them have it as I am not sure I can handle any more crying on the forums.

vr
East


Easthir Ravin: Please enter my beauty contest :)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=110646&find=unread
John Caesse
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2012-05-21 23:37:32 UTC
Removing local would mean less real fights, and more ganks of carebears. That sounds awful
Peter Raptor
Galactic Hawks
#40 - 2012-05-22 00:27:41 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
master nerd guy just likes to post things that he know will get lots of replied.

That said, he's right, eve needs to get rid of local. even if it's only in -0.5 to -1.0 space. Wormhole PvP have proofs that local isn't needed and infact more interest because of it.

2nd of all, blacks ops battleships would finally have a role.



Oh soooooo, why aren't all the pvpers going to WHs? This simple statement "Interdiction Nullifies" your argument Blink

Evelopedia; 

The Amarr Empire, is known for its omnipresent religion  †