These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Removing Local is Essential to the Long Term Survival of EVE

Author
Marcus Caspius
#41 - 2012-05-22 00:37:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Caspius
Huh - I believe in free choice. Twisted

CCP allow all the hard core nerf drunk players the ability to close local permanently. Then the folks who don't want local can have it gone and the folks who want can have it available.

--See Everybody's happy - Free Choice ftw!! --

Grammatical error and spelling mistakes are included for your entertainment!

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-05-22 00:46:19 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
Peter Raptor wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
master nerd guy just likes to post things that he know will get lots of replied.

That said, he's right, eve needs to get rid of local. even if it's only in -0.5 to -1.0 space. Wormhole PvP have proofs that local isn't needed and infact more interest because of it.

2nd of all, blacks ops battleships would finally have a role.



Oh soooooo, why aren't all the pvpers going to WHs? This simple statement "Interdiction Nullifies" your argument Blink


Becuase the logistics of wormholes are hell. Trying to live in one is a nightmare. Living in 0.0 is easier, you can set destination to move there. Wormholes are hard to fly between. Local only breaks the game, why is the chat window a intel tool in lawless space, it makes no sense.

I'm all for a module that adds people into local chat when they warp in via gate. But waroing into a system with say, a Black ops battleship, is pointless you popup on local chat.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#43 - 2012-05-22 00:52:09 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Becuase the logistics of wormholes are hell. Trying to live in one is a nightmare. Living in 0.0 is easier, you can set destination to move there. Wormholes are hard to fly between. Local only breaks the game, why is the chat window a intel tool in lawless space, it makes no sense.

I'm all for a module that adds people into local chat when they warp in via gate. But waroing into a system with say, a Black ops battleship, is pointless you popup on local chat.


it's almost like the lack of local in wormholes is balanced by the fact that they're a little more difficult to reach than k-space nullsec

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#44 - 2012-05-22 01:06:11 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Hey look another remove local thread !


It is a popular subject, local makes all kinds of things in the game a joke.

Covert Ops? R E A L L Y?

Here's Bootleg Jack, pretending to be sneaky in his covert ops ship...

I guess I could Role Play it Roll

I'm an American, English is my second language...

c4 t
Cosmic Psychedelics
#45 - 2012-05-22 01:12:25 UTC
Remove local in lowsec and 0.0 thank you.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#46 - 2012-05-22 01:17:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Removing/rebalancing Tech moons is "essential to the long term survival of eve"

However, as for this thread, why the hell do my hide lists keep getting reset -.-

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2012-05-22 01:18:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Richard Desturned
c4 t wrote:
Remove local in lowsec and 0.0 thank you.


while we're at it,

remove static belts, remove 100% scan signatures and require everything in nullsec to be probed out, along with gates which "disappear" and are recreated elsewhere

or you can just go to wormholes

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-05-22 01:36:32 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Easy things must die and be replaced with colder harsher things.


D-scan is easy.

It's obvious we should have to compare images of the local star field to see if something is moving out there.
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-05-22 01:37:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Malphilos
The forums can stay though. They're obviously hard.

What?
Savalas Madullier
KarmaFleet University
#50 - 2012-05-22 02:23:21 UTC
Remove local add a sovernity structure that "pings" the system like sonar all enemy's then show up on local. Make the "sonar" structure have a cycle time creating gaps in intel allowing covert ops ships to position themselfs in system to cloak up d-scan will allow players to fill in the gaps between sonar pulses
Savalas Madullier
KarmaFleet University
#51 - 2012-05-22 02:26:12 UTC
Or make anyone undocked or uncloaked in system show in local when the "sonar" structure pings the system giving BOTH sides a idea of what's in system
Akir Apathi
Hakaari Inc.
#52 - 2012-05-22 03:15:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Akir Apathi
I don't think this is killing the game. I am however humored by the fact that the same people who says to miners, "oh, this game is haaaaard, niggaaa, it is haaaard, braaaaah" seems to want local.

I believe that it's completely ludicrous and that seeing people in local should either a) be a result of the ship-type (Heron or Buzzard, for example) or b) directly associated with scanning skills or scanning itself.

This game is haaaard, braaaah. Local is simply a tool which makes EVE not-haaard-braaaaah. God, you guys might as well play WoW. Here in EVE we're hardcore. So hardcore we are. Indeed, for it is haaaard, braaaah.

"He's happy. We must stop this before it spreads." - Dr. House

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#53 - 2012-05-22 03:38:38 UTC
Remove local and remove all non-covert ops cloaks. There. Simple.
knulla
Doomheim
#54 - 2012-05-22 04:13:33 UTC
signed, remove the damn thing already, make it like wormholes.

 [u]Malice Redeemer[/u] - "Post if you are unsubing over the new inventory"  Posted: 2012.05.23 01:39

    lol

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#55 - 2012-05-22 04:35:00 UTC
Wormholes-with-sov !

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#56 - 2012-05-22 05:58:33 UTC
No local makes playing 13214% more fun & exciting, and removes a lot of ridiculous faggotry and cowardry, that is true. Flying in empire feels rather lame.

However it's relatively cool in it's social aspect, it creates a feeling of belonging to somewhere when you get to know the locals. It increases social interaction between players.

It's not a simple matter for sure.

.

Nazowa
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#57 - 2012-05-22 06:09:22 UTC
Ohanka wrote:
Yes. Removing local is vital to eve's long term survival. That is why its been going for 9 years with local without many issues. Clear sign this feature is killing the game.



Perfection :)
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#58 - 2012-05-22 06:15:32 UTC
Nazowa wrote:
Ohanka wrote:
Yes. Removing local is vital to eve's long term survival. That is why its been going for 9 years with local without many issues. Clear sign this feature is killing the game.

Perfection :)

Shocked Wait, EVE has survived for so long with local? Amazing !

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Iamien
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-05-22 06:19:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Iamien
Replace local with constellation chat in Null.

Lore wise it would be because system-channels are too expensive to run for the sparsely-populated space.

In effect it would allow you to know when your slightly in danger, in a very nondescript way. For more specific intel the players would have to provide it.
JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#60 - 2012-05-22 06:32:16 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Hey look another remove local thread !


Hey look another clueless goon !