These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

(10.00 the end of pve-rpg) CCP plese answer.

Author
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#1 - 2012-05-14 14:54:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
CCP do you plan any changes or expansion in future (of standing meaning for people who spent a lot time focusing on missions etc ?) I play since 2007 and almost reach 10.00 to Caldari State faction, actualy i have 9.98, my question what next ?
(for me this is end game while i talk about pve) because i play more for ideas than for profit) i dont feel sense to working for own faction, in my opinion playes should feel somthing like faction still need you, even you reach 100% staning value, because meny of us like more rpg style than grinding only for profit.

When player reach 10.00 here no sense to run mission anymore because this is like final goal, and is like you are 100% loyal to your faction but here nothing more to do for you, after 10.00 here is only one reason to run mission, for profit... but here no more relation betwen faction and player.

Of course EvE it self is endeles game withaut end game if we talk about all EvE aspects.
I try almost all things in game, two yeas of mining and manufacturing, trading, even i try play as pirate in low sec, i was in null space i have around total 700pvp on main and alts, but most time i spent on pve.

Would be nice if you expand pve game mechanic beyond 10.00... Top standing should impact on player and mechanic, and should give sense-meaning to continue pve more as rpg than profit.

Ps.Sorry for my horible grammar.

If it bleed we can kill it.

Derath Ellecon
Lotek Academy
#2 - 2012-05-14 15:00:09 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
CCP do you plan any changes or expansion in future (of standing meaning for people who spent a lot time focusing on missions etc ?) I play since 2007 and almost reach 10.00 to Caldari State faction, actualy i have 9.98, my question what next ?
(for me this is end game while i talk about pve) because i play more for ideas than for profit) i dont feel sense to working for own faction, in my opinion playes should feel somthing like faction still need you, even you reach 100% staning value, because meny of us like more rpg style than grinding only for profit.

When player reach 10.00 here no sense to run mission anymore because this is like final goal, and is like you are 100% loyal to your faction but here nothing more to do for you, after 10.00 here is only one reason to run mission, for profit... but here no more relation betwen faction and player.

Of course EvE it self is endeles game withaut end game if we talk about all EvE aspects.
I try almost all things in game, two yeas of mining and manufacturing, trading, even i try play as pirate in low sec, i was in null space i have around total 700pvp on main and alts, but most time i spent on pve.

Would be nice if you expand pve game mechanic beyond 10.00... Top standing should impact on player and mechanic, and should give sense-meaning to continue pve more as rpg than profit.

Ps.Sorry for my horible grammar.



How can you say you are 100% loyal to your faction without fighting for them? Join FW and defend their space!
Kalli Brixzat
#3 - 2012-05-14 15:02:31 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:



How can you say you are 100% loyal to your faction without fighting for them? Join FW and defend their space!


^that.

Plus...

@OP:

Gratz on getting to 9.98 standing. FYI - to get from 9.98 to 9.99 will take a while. To get from 9.99 to 10.0 will take you just as long as it took to get from 9.00 to 9.99

You're in for a long ride if you're looking for the 10.0
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#4 - 2012-05-14 15:04:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Derath Ellecon wrote:
How can you say you are 100% loyal to your faction without fighting for them? Join FW and defend their space!


I was in FW, and i dont like it, bunch of spy, crap intel, one amarr kiling 10 caldari while using RR alt in 0.5 because they lemings etc... Well my post is about pve and FW is PVP.

If it bleed we can kill it.

Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#5 - 2012-05-14 15:05:50 UTC
Kalli Brixzat wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:



How can you say you are 100% loyal to your faction without fighting for them? Join FW and defend their space!


^that.

Plus...

@OP:

Gratz on getting to 9.98 standing. FYI - to get from 9.98 to 9.99 will take a while. To get from 9.99 to 10.0 will take you just as long as it took to get from 9.00 to 9.99

You're in for a long ride if you're looking for the 10.0


Max one two months ;) not so long. I talk more about close future and about standings it self.

If it bleed we can kill it.

L0rdF1end
STA'IN
Happy Cartel
#6 - 2012-05-14 15:15:55 UTC  |  Edited by: L0rdF1end
Why don't you try Faction Warfare to further show you loyalty to the Faction, plenty of roleplay opportunities there. It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).

I know ytou said you've tried it above but perhaps worth considering again with the incoming changes?

I would at least suggest trying something different, what you havent tried you don't know about and you may very well like it. It might even be preferred to your current style of game play.

Good luck.
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#7 - 2012-05-14 15:37:52 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
Why don't you try Faction Warfare to further show you loyalty to the Faction, plenty of roleplay opportunities there. It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).

I know ytou said you've tried it above but perhaps worth considering again with the incoming changes?

I would at least suggest trying something different, what you havent tried you don't know about and you may very well like it. It might even be preferred to your current style of game play.

Good luck.



Who know maybe after new FW changes i try it again, it sound good.

If it bleed we can kill it.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#8 - 2012-05-14 16:39:12 UTC
Kalli Brixzat wrote:
FYI - to get from 9.98 to 9.99 will take a while. To get from 9.99 to 10.0 will take you just as long as it took to get from 9.00 to 9.99


Ehh... Right sentiment, wrong maths. 9.9 to 9.99 takes as long as 9.0 to 9.9 takes as long as 0 to 9.0. 9.98 to display 10 (because, no, you cannot ever hit 10 and if you really wanted to keep grinding until the death of Eve, just pull your API standings instead of in-game display standings) won't take all that long. I have trouble believing it's only a month or two away, but it isn't as long as a full digit's worth of grind.
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#9 - 2012-05-14 17:54:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Kalli Brixzat wrote:
FYI - to get from 9.98 to 9.99 will take a while. To get from 9.99 to 10.0 will take you just as long as it took to get from 9.00 to 9.99


Ehh... Right sentiment, wrong maths. 9.9 to 9.99 takes as long as 9.0 to 9.9 takes as long as 0 to 9.0. 9.98 to display 10 (because, no, you cannot ever hit 10 and if you really wanted to keep grinding until the death of Eve, just pull your API standings instead of in-game display standings) won't take all that long. I have trouble believing it's only a month or two away, but it isn't as long as a full digit's worth of grind.



Is depend player sacrifice, i wont grind like crazy 20hours per day two month long to get 10.00 but is possible if i sacrifice, probably takes half year or maybe one year because somtime i play like casual, second reasons, here no benefits form 10.00 only satysfaction, so that why i made my post about stadings meaning, high stangings are pointless, except tax reduction, and ablity to bulid POS, but nothing more regarding to player-faction relation.

If it bleed we can kill it.

Liliana Rahl
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#10 - 2012-05-14 19:16:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Liliana Rahl
So....you want a reason to farm missions more?

IDGI

Have you done 0.0 Cosmos missions for Caldari yet? They are pretty exciting, challenging and rewarding.
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#11 - 2012-05-14 20:51:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Liliana Rahl wrote:
So....you want a reason to farm missions more?

IDGI

Have you done 0.0 Cosmos missions for Caldari yet? They are pretty exciting, challenging and rewarding.


I finished almost all cosmos mission for Caldari even some for Amarr in high security and low sec, i dont know other cosmos agents form caldari state in 0.0 space, somone tell me in 0.0 are only guristas missions also i cant do it because they got negative impact to Caldari state standing, Can you give link to 0.0 Caldari state cosmos?

Ps. I dont want reason to farm missions forever, but would be nice if standing got better impact on playes and game mechanic, actualy people can get reward like funny 2bpc navy raven while they got 9.90 that is joke and (most frustrated achievement in game) because of high stading ;) meny people can afford navy raven after 5 day runing lvl 4 mission...

If it bleed we can kill it.

Steel Wraith
#12 - 2012-05-15 12:18:27 UTC
For a real challenge go for 10.0 in both Caldari and Gallente, call yourself Sisyphus.
Hans Momaki
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-05-15 12:51:34 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).


I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-05-15 16:38:53 UTC
Hans Momaki wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).


I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.


Please explain further on this.

You could eliminate pretty much all of PVE and still have a viable game, just one that requires, much more amounts of time and effort to be put in.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Hans Momaki
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-15 16:57:27 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
Hans Momaki wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).


I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.


Please explain further on this.

You could eliminate pretty much all of PVE and still have a viable game, just one that requires, much more amounts of time and effort to be put in.


Where do minerals come from..
Where do ships come from..

Hope you got it.

Flakey Foont
#16 - 2012-05-15 17:02:49 UTC
Hans Momaki wrote:
Kusum Fawn wrote:
Hans Momaki wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).


I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.


Please explain further on this.

You could eliminate pretty much all of PVE and still have a viable game, just one that requires, much more amounts of time and effort to be put in.


Where do minerals come from..
Where do ships come from..

Hope you got it.




Huh? The market is not pvp? Mining a belt before someone else is not pvp?
Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#17 - 2012-05-15 21:05:12 UTC
Flakey Foont wrote:



Huh? The market is not pvp? Mining a belt before someone else is not pvp?


THe act of mining is not pvp. Is player versus rock (enviroment).

The act of running a plex/mission is player versus rat(enviroment).

These acts are connected to pvp by virtue of the nature of the world of eve, still they're not "strictly speaking" pvp.

Zanza Mechonis
What is tax
#18 - 2012-05-15 22:09:54 UTC
Just Alter wrote:
Flakey Foont wrote:



Huh? The market is not pvp? Mining a belt before someone else is not pvp?


THe act of mining is not pvp. Is player versus rock (enviroment).

The act of running a plex/mission is player versus rat(enviroment).

These acts are connected to pvp by virtue of the nature of the world of eve, still they're not "strictly speaking" pvp.



This guy is right... Although in a sense, someone once compared mining and trading to PvP (Since you do it while competing with other players... to get the best yield, the best roid, the best refinery rate, etc.)
Also, quite some people (carebears united, me included :P) Don't like PvP at first, simply because it'd be... Pretty much unforgiving. PvE gives you the possibility of an error margin, PLUS time to train skills. Name any game that has NO PvP (or VERY limited to the point where it's practically useless) that works great...
Even League of Legends has it's PvE, if one would play passive and only kill the minions while always running from enemy players if possible. (Yes, I do this too. I'm not a PvP person at all, usually.)

Also, PvP has quite a few omniprevalent ships and fits that a lot of people use simply because they work well. This is true for pretty much every PvP in existance. (To my knowledge at least) So I ask you, what use would the ships that are NOT so good at PvP have? Their cost would drop to just a fraction higher of what refining them would give, if they were even made at all.

...What I'm basically trying to say is, any game without PvE won't work.

(Epic wall of text that is off-topic, sorry. For more on-topic matters... You can try getting such high standings for other factions, even though that might be boring... Incursions is a possibility, although it doesn't get a bonus from/for faction standings. PvE-wise, the "endgame" is not unlimited in games. There WILL be a point in time where you've seen it all. If I were you though, I'd defenitely try factional warfare. As much as a carebear I am, it sounds great, really great.)

"On the internet you can be anything you want... It's strange that many people choose to be stupid."

Liliana Rahl
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#19 - 2012-05-16 03:55:53 UTC
Hans Momaki wrote:

I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.


What?

Its the complete opposite. The game would die without PvP. Everything in this game comes back down to Pvp at its root.
Liliana Rahl
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#20 - 2012-05-16 04:09:33 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
Can you give link to 0.0 Caldari state cosmos?


09-4XW constellation in Tenal. Go forth and explore it. You won't find much information on the missions but I can tell you this:

Lots of ECM, lots of damage, but years back I did it in a cerebus with a basilisk buddy. The missions all lead to x-type drops; I particularly remember my x-type shield boost amplifier from one of them. Don't try to take out the elite cruisers with ECM first; they will simply result in the next wave with more ECM spawning. I remember being stuck for quite a long time, permajammed while we waited for someone to come help us.

You'll also need to ninja it or make friends with Razor.

I agree with you that the 2 run navy bs bpc reward is a joke, when you take into how much LP you would have gotten after getting to that stating. There should definitely be more rewards.

Some other things to check out:

Pirate epic arcs: there is a Caldari "traitor" agent that can get you started with this for Guristas.

Get Amarr faction standing to 9.99.

Null sec missions: switch sides and go work for Guristas after doing the pirate epic arc or go do missions for Mordu's Legion. You should have pretty high standings with them I think based on your Caldari standing.

Join faction warfare. Dabble in some roleplay. 9.99 standing? Well go fight for the militia. Run missions and fight the gallente scum.
12Next page