These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

(10.00 the end of pve-rpg) CCP plese answer.

Author
Liliana Rahl
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#21 - 2012-05-16 04:09:54 UTC
Basically there's a ton of content left for you to explore.

Go explore it.
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#22 - 2012-05-16 10:38:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Liliana Rahl wrote:
Basically there's a ton of content left for you to explore.

Go explore it.

Thank you Liliana for wide reply in previous page, i look at this.

Regards

If it bleed we can kill it.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#23 - 2012-05-16 11:41:25 UTC
Hans Momaki wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).

I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.

You are entirely incorrect. CCP could completely remove missions in the next patch and the rest of the game would carry on just fine.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hans Momaki
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-05-16 13:04:53 UTC
Liliana Rahl wrote:
Hans Momaki wrote:

I wonder why some ppl are still believing this. EvE needs both, PvE and PvP, and although EvE could live without PvP, it would completely die without PvE.

What?

Its the complete opposite. The game would die without PvP. Everything in this game comes back down to Pvp at its root.

Yeah, the game will have so freakin much PvP without spaceships (which are build from minerals).. allright.

Mining is PvE, because it is Player vs enviroment. You can't fight over ore with other players. You can fight for the space to mine, and you can compete for Ore yields per hour, but you don't have to. Therefore, mining is not even CLOSE to being PvP.

Without Mining (PvE) eve would have no spaceships to burn sooner or later. It's just that simple.

Ofcourse, it would be booooring to remove PvP (and the demand for Minerals would decrease by a somewhat freakin margin), but EvE can live without it for sure. The same is not true with PvE.

Velarra
#25 - 2012-05-16 18:31:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Velarra
In this same vein, it is rather unfortunate that one can run missions for a pirate faction & gain very high Pirate Faction standing. Yet the pirates remain red, and actively fire on pilots who've gained their high regard. There are moments where it feels an awful lot like blue on blue when you've never fired on a single pirate of your chosen faction of loyalty.
Rasicloud
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-08-09 22:54:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Rasicloud
9.98 myself, started doing the tenal cosmos. The missions are parttimes freaky (surprising respawns,citadel sentries, kamikaze drones exploding damaging you) the rewards are hilarious for the efforts (one time i accidently caused a respawn so there were so many rats, i had to wait for the other day DT to reset it -.-) totaling 6-8h on a two part mission, rewarding me with a cn bcu, and even the named boss of the mission only dropped meta4 loot.
when they are giving out cnr bpcs for 9.9. It would be nice, if we could get a caldari state raven bpc Roll OR
something witty like a special NEX-Store T-Shirt "I grinded for 9.99 for caldari State and all i've got is this lousy T-Shirt?"
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-08-10 05:03:47 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:
How can you say you are 100% loyal to your faction without fighting for them? Join FW and defend their space!

I was in FW, and i dont like it, bunch of spy, crap intel, one amarr kiling 10 caldari while using RR alt in 0.5 because they lemings etc... Well my post is about pve and FW is PVP.

Yes, I can see how you have obviously participated in Caldari FW. Your superior knowledge has both astounded me & opened my eyes to the obvious truth. The real enemy of the State are the Amarr.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-08-10 13:46:50 UTC
Rasicloud wrote:
9.98 myself, started doing the tenal cosmos. The missions are parttimes freaky (surprising respawns,citadel sentries, kamikaze drones exploding damaging you) the rewards are hilarious for the efforts (one time i accidently caused a respawn so there were so many rats, i had to wait for the other day DT to reset it -.-) totaling 6-8h on a two part mission, rewarding me with a cn bcu, and even the named boss of the mission only dropped meta4 loot.
when they are giving out cnr bpcs for 9.9. It would be nice, if we could get a caldari state raven bpc Roll OR
something witty like a special NEX-Store T-Shirt "I grinded for 9.99 for caldari State and all i've got is this lousy T-Shirt?"

I remember getting x-type shield boost amp and x-type em hardener from caldari cosmos. YMMV. Drops are random. Get over it.

And don't necro terrible threads please, TIA.
Zicon Shak'ra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-08-10 15:46:29 UTC
Wormholes and incursions. They make your L4 missions feel like you're back in the tutorial. You don't know jack **** about PVE until you've done these.

Wormholes are cool, m'kay?

Equus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-08-10 16:00:01 UTC
I would go try wormholes or excursions, or even move out to NPC 0.0 and see if you can get 10.0 with a pirate faction.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#31 - 2012-08-10 16:03:38 UTC
Hans Momaki wrote:
You can't fight over ore with other players.

Says you. Go into a belt with a bunch of covetors or retrievers, find someone doing some mining, and purposely target the same rocks they are targeting.

You are now fighting over ore with other players.
Ginger Barbarella
#32 - 2012-08-10 17:52:12 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
How can you say you are 100% loyal to your faction without fighting for them? Join FW and defend their space!

This... come on, man, get into the War!!! Show them frogs who's boss!!

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Idris Helion
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-08-10 20:34:56 UTC
Hans Momaki wrote:
Kusum Fawn wrote:
Hans Momaki wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
It's not PVE so to speak but it would be a good step into what this game was mainly designed to be (PVP MMO).

Please explain further on this.

You could eliminate pretty much all of PVE and still have a viable game, just one that requires, much more amounts of time and effort to be put in.

Where do minerals come from..
Where do ships come from..

Hope you got it.

PVP'ers do mission-running to replace ships that get blowed up in combat. Take away PVE, and you take away the job that pays the bills for PVP.
Previous page12