These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Deadspace/Officer/Faction items on market soon - Sisi update

Author
Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#21 - 2012-04-14 08:09:49 UTC
Eddie Laydon wrote:
Gorki Andropov wrote:

Yes, I personally will be inconvenienced by this change: not just because CCP is taking away my easy-oasey business, and not even that profit on high volume/low margin items will be reduced even further - I'm more upset, to speak frankly, about the fact that CCP is limiting the sandbox feature even further in the guise of 'streamlining' by removing this profession.



Nothing is being limited, CCP is not removing the contract system, they are just making it easier for people to trade. If you dont want to play the 0.01 game you will still have the option to set up contracts.

In my opinion this should have been done a long time ago.



They are effectively removing the last reason to earn a living through contract trading. What will be left to trade (on a large-enough, profitable scale) on contracts after this change? Exactly.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#22 - 2012-04-14 15:13:38 UTC
Contracts are a sliding scale. Accounting affects them, so a contractor should have trained it to get .5% sales tax. I think Broker Relations does too, but the broker fee is a sliding scale based on contract length; for me with Broker Relations V its .95% for 14 days, .6% for 7 days, .4% for 3 days and .3% for 1 day. Deposit is 1% regardless. Deposit is returned if the contract sells.


Compare this to the .5% sales tax and approximately .23% broker's fee I pay on market orders and you'll see that, as I said before, putting these items on the market actually reduces the money sink that the fees involved with selling them represent. If you want a legitimate argument for CCP not to do it (not, "it kills my profession what about the sandbox a bloo bloo"), that's one to use. Not that they'll listen to you anyway, since it's still a good change.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#23 - 2012-04-14 16:15:48 UTC
It is as legitimate as any argument for a game issue, certainly as legitimate as the one you just posted. I couldn't care less whether or not you agree with it, but as this is a game, gameplay considerations should certainly be taken into account.
Baljos Arnjak
Dark Praetorian Order
#24 - 2012-04-14 18:50:05 UTC
Gorki Andropov wrote:
DeliaPrescot wrote:

Tag prices could get funny soon....




Tag prices are already funny - the whole tag drop mechanism is really really ******. I mean, just look at missions offered in Gallente space (whose LP stores require Caldari tags): most of the anti-faction missions offered there are against Amarr (quite useless, unless one is trading tags with other collectors). By allowing these faction items onto the market and to be traded just like any other item, as you say, volume will increase and prices will go down.

I have created a thread in Assembly Hall to hopefully try and look at this situation, if you'd care to look at it and discuss it further there I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=65130&find=unread

Yes, I personally will be inconvenienced by this change: not just because CCP is taking away my easy-oasey business, and not even that profit on high volume/low margin items will be reduced even further - I'm more upset, to speak frankly, about the fact that CCP is limiting the sandbox feature even further in the guise of 'streamlining' by removing this profession.


Yeah, I agree. As a minmatar mission runner, I usually make a run to Dodixie to pick up the tags I need and put the Caldari tags I get from missions up on the market while I'm there. That's one thing I liked about serious mission running: You had to know where to look and had to apply the brain cells to get the most out of it.

The general trend that I'm seeing for Inferno is interesting though. It seems like they are actively making nullsec, or more broadly anywhere but highsec, the place to be for making isk and at the same time trying to adjust which activities are the real money makers. Drone poo + meta 0 removal increases demand for miners (especially high end miners in nullsec) and decreases potential profit from missions. So, well-coordinated mining in null is going to be able to pull massive income for a while. Mission profit decrease is also going to make running anoms in nullsec comparatively better for pure isk generation. Add to that the probable price drop from moving faction modules to the market and you will have a clear advantage. Datacores being moved into the FW LP store might also move earning potential to lowsec and FW.

Not that I have a problem with most of this Big smile

Svodola Darkfury
Heaven's End
#25 - 2012-04-14 19:32:05 UTC
On a 1 bil contract that I just mocked up from my tengu, it's 10 million for sales tax (1%) 5.6 mil for broker's fee (.99%) and 10mil for deposit (1%).


Not sure how 5.6 mil is .99%... must be .99% of whatever the broker's fee is.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Derath Ellecon
Lotek Academy
#26 - 2012-04-15 02:13:37 UTC
Gorki Andropov wrote:
I'm more upset, to speak frankly, about the fact that CCP is limiting the sandbox feature even further in the guise of 'streamlining' by removing this profession.


I'd have to take a bit of an issue with this statement on principle. While those in the contract trading profession may not like this change, it is in fact expanding the sandbox rather than limiting it.

Keep in mind I am not talking in terms of good vs. bad effects of this change. But in essence it is making the sandbox less constrained.

For some reason throughout the EVE history, some items were arbitrarily not available on the market. You could say deadspace/officer/faction mods were different because they are not manufactured. But neither are Meta1-4 items and they are on the market.

So by adding these items they are in fact removing some arbitrary limitations imposed on the sandbox. They are not taking away the ability to sell on contract.

Again, keep in mind I am only talking in terms of the mechanics of the game, not the market/profession ramifications of this change.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#27 - 2012-04-15 02:32:44 UTC
corestwo wrote:
This is literally what I think of this change: http://i.imgur.com/z58ph.gif


Quoting for second page.

Disclaimer: I probably do far more business than most of the whiners in this thread over contracts and have no problem with it.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Jaden Mars
Cargo Dawg's Group Mining Corp.
#28 - 2012-04-23 13:34:50 UTC
I'm disappointed that these items will end up on the market. I always believed these to be a 'deep/rich universe' thing - that some people (think dirty cops/military/pirates) would use their standing in military/pirate organizations (LP) to enrich themselves by selling special gear on the side.

Same thing goes for the officer mods... these are rare ['unique', but not] items that are few & far between. I will be somewhat disappointed that the local WalMart now has a spot on the shelf for them when they're available.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#29 - 2012-04-23 15:21:55 UTC
Jaden Mars wrote:
I'm disappointed that these items will end up on the market. I always believed these to be a 'deep/rich universe' thing - that some people (think dirty cops/military/pirates) would use their standing in military/pirate organizations (LP) to enrich themselves by selling special gear on the side.

Same thing goes for the officer mods... these are rare ['unique', but not] items that are few & far between. I will be somewhat disappointed that the local WalMart now has a spot on the shelf for them when they're available.

http://i.imgur.com/RXhdL.gif

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Dibsi Dei
Salamyhkaisten kilta
#30 - 2012-04-23 21:10:41 UTC
contract pvp was the best thing in eve but maybe something cool will happen in the ship against ship pvp scene to replace it
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#31 - 2012-04-23 21:33:51 UTC
well i guess if ganking helpless miners qualifies as pvp, what you did on contracts counts as "contract pvp"

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Online Superstar
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-04-24 00:39:02 UTC
corestwo wrote:
well i guess if ganking helpless miners qualifies as pvp, what you did on contracts counts as "contract pvp"


Seems to me like you didn't have what it takes to compete on contracts market where real items are involved? (not talking about any deadspace crap for kids here)

Also, thank you for leaking pax (indirectly).

TL;DR "well played"

corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#33 - 2012-04-24 00:56:16 UTC  |  Edited by: corestwo
Online Superstar wrote:
corestwo wrote:
well i guess if ganking helpless miners qualifies as pvp, what you did on contracts counts as "contract pvp"


Seems to me like you didn't have what it takes to compete on contracts market where real items are involved? (not talking about any deadspace crap for kids here)


Question

I did just fine in the contracts market so I'm not really sure what you're saying.


See, dibsi's business model seemed to be "place very, very lowball buy orders for expensive modules and wait until someone too dumb to know any better sold to him", thus my likening it to ganking helpless miners or whatever.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Previous page12