These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Lagging interface/graphical errors?

First post
Author
Deus Reliquit
Real Simple Academy
Brave United
#1 - 2017-05-10 18:49:03 UTC
So after this update I noticed some serious lagging issues with multiple accounts logged in on the same computer. I dumped all my Eve files and reloaded everything. Didn't fix the lag. So after many updates resets and graphical tweaks, I set Eve to the "Performance" Graphic setting.(the most pityful setting possible)... lag is now gone. So my question is why for almost 4 years have I been running almost the top perfmance setting to one of the lowest?! As long as one account is on I can run the top settings, once I add accounts I have to lower the graphical settings.... why now? I have never had to do this in the past!?
GM Mechanic
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2017-05-11 11:24:19 UTC
Deus Reliquit wrote:
So after this update I noticed some serious lagging issues with multiple accounts logged in on the same computer. I dumped all my Eve files and reloaded everything. Didn't fix the lag. So after many updates resets and graphical tweaks, I set Eve to the "Performance" Graphic setting.(the most pityful setting possible)... lag is now gone. So my question is why for almost 4 years have I been running almost the top perfmance setting to one of the lowest?! As long as one account is on I can run the top settings, once I add accounts I have to lower the graphical settings.... why now? I have never had to do this in the past!?

Please try the following.

* Start the launcher.
* Click on settings in the left pane.
* Click on shared cache settings.
* Click on show in explorer.
* Delete the tq folder.
* Close file explorer.
* Once the button stops being gray (may take a few second or even minutes) click verify.
* Allow the process to finish.
* Reinstall your graphic driver (even if you have the latest driver and it's working with all other games).

You may want to clear the client side cache as well for each account and see if that makes a difference. Login to your characters and do the following.

* Hit Esc key on each one
* Select Reset Settings tab.
* Click on Clear all cache files.

Then see if the issue persists.

With regards,

GM Mechanic,

CCP Customer Service | EVE Online | EVE Valkyrie

ModusOperandi
Celestial Geologics Mineral Concern
#3 - 2017-05-11 12:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: ModusOperandi
I am having similar issues. After this most recent update, I have to turn all my graphical settings to low to get playable frame rates with two clients, and even with only one client running, there is a noticeable performance issue. Low frame rates, hitching, and character portraits refuse to load after hours of play time. I noticed this immediately upon logging in after the patch.

The suggested fix did nothing.
Tavin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-05-11 14:44:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Tavin
Same thing, wow.. huge hit in performance with multiple characters logged in.
Will try the suggested fix to see if that helps at all Roll

edit: tried all the suggestions.. nothing helps. I used to be able to run 9 accounts between two monitors. FPS on non active windows stayed in the 20's with my active window 40-50+. Now FPS is single digits for non active while remaining the same on active windows; switching windows takes a lot longer is very jerky and often the non active windows don't seem to update (or they are running so slow that it takes a really long time). Oh well..good excuse check out some of the recent Stellaris changes Big smile
Denerio Crendraven
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2017-05-11 15:17:36 UTC
The same here. Two Clients running and I have serious Issues with the performance. Especially during carrier-ratting when I lock on Targets.

The suggested workarounds didnt change anything.
ShaileLii
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2017-05-11 15:25:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ShaileLii
Confirm the problem 2 3 client lag freezes.And not helps to even just the minimum on all clients. Although this well-kept 5 Windows in one of them was the maximum graphics settings.
Deus Reliquit
Real Simple Academy
Brave United
#7 - 2017-05-11 16:41:42 UTC
GM Mechanic wrote:
Deus Reliquit wrote:

* Start the launcher.
* Delete the tq folder.
* Close file explorer.
* Once the button stops being gray (may take a few second or even minutes) click verify.
* Reinstall your graphic driver (even if you have the latest driver and it's working with all other games).

You may want to clear the client side cache as well for each account and see if that makes a difference. Login to your characters and do the following.

Yes sir, already did all of that. Uninstalled and deleted buried files for my Gfx drivers and reloaded all. No change, I looked back at my notes from 119.3 update and noted that Memory usage spiked but was negligible if I mininmized. Figured it was with my rig but after this update 119.5, I'm almost confident there is some code bottling some cpu/gpu language on some graphical changes possibly and it started a few patches ago buried away like some trojan horse.

Do you have any disgruntled employees who do the coding? lol P
Loch Bannon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-05-12 13:35:54 UTC
GM Mechanic wrote:

* Start the launcher.
* Delete the tq folder.
* Close file explorer.

I had thought it was just my computer this past week. Thanks for the suggestion, after doing this it appears to load character portraits after I tab out of a chat and back in. However new speakers will appear with the default model. The rest of the problems seem to persist as well.

"I fly from an 'od'.  There is no 'pee' in it, let's keep it that way." --Lochness

The Scum
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2017-05-12 19:21:22 UTC  |  Edited by: The Scum
GM Mechanic wrote:
Deus Reliquit wrote:

* Start the launcher.
* Delete the tq folder.
* Close file explorer.

Would like to say i have the same issue, after the last update i am unable to use more than one account. The second i launch a second account, the sound breaks up and stutters, game laggs badly and it even effects other programs on my computer like team speak.
Followed the instruction given and it changed nothing.

*update* eve voice was activated after the patch and disabling it improved the issue a little. Though i get some audio issues when tabbed to another account i can use the inactive client muting to at least spare me the sound issue
Qel'Droma
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#10 - 2017-05-12 22:55:12 UTC
The Scum wrote:
GM Mechanic wrote:
Deus Reliquit wrote:

* Start the launcher.
* Delete the tq folder.
* Close file explorer.

Would like to say i have the same issue, after the last update i am unable to use more than one account. The second i launch a second account, the sound breaks up and stutters, game laggs badly and it even effects other programs on my computer like team speak.
Followed the instruction given and it changed nothing.

*update* eve voice was activated after the patch and disabling it improved the issue a little. Though i get some audio issues when tabbed to another account i can use the inactive client muting to at least spare me the sound issue

Have the same issue.
Alphonze Tleilaxu
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2017-05-13 06:14:01 UTC
+1 to the same issue. I am effectively confined to the station as once I undock, give it about 2minutes and the client locks up.

I had noticed a performance change since 119.3 however the game was still playable. Now since the 119.5 I can not do s**t other than spin my ship.

This is all continued after a reformat of my main SSD HDD, reinstall of windows/drivers/EVE etc etc I hardly think a eve cache deletion is going to help me.

<3 you CCP, but right now - we need some distance im a little frustrated.
Shaansha
New Republic
Paper Numbers
#12 - 2017-05-13 08:02:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Shaansha
at first: sry for bad english

but I have the same problem, use 2 accounts
Furthemore i think eve uses only one processor core, evertime i have these laggs, one of my CPU Cores (i6850) spikes to 100% and all other 11 cores going down to nearly 0%.
When the spike on the 100% usage-core goes down to normal, all other cores come back to low usage of some %

I have thise probleme since 3 days now

When i have these lag, Teamspeak is hit too, as long as the lag spike is existent i dont hear anything in TS
Kyulde Visma
VX9 Industry And Manufacturing Inc
#13 - 2017-05-13 22:11:37 UTC
Same problem. The fix did not change anything. I get about 30 second in station and not only does the client freeze up, but my entire computer freezes up. Hard reboot is the only option.

Speed never killed anybody. Stopping suddenly - that's what gets you.

=VX9= Plays EVE and a whole lot more! Check us out at www.vx9.com.

Alphonze Tleilaxu
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2017-05-14 04:31:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Alphonze Tleilaxu
I have been playing around with my settings over the last day or so. This is what I have discovered:

Single Client open:
- Graphical settings seem to have no effect on this issue what so ever - meaning its no a GFX related CPU/GPU problem.
- Being in station provides no problem at all - meaning it is something that is being loaded in space that sends peoples clients stupid (at least on my computer), by stupid i mean freezes, CPU usage tanks etc.
- Being undocked, my client freezes at around the 2minute mark, most of the time.
- I tested turning off audio, crashing seemed to cease. I got a mate to send a screenshot of his audio settings (he doesnt seem to have problems) and replicated it - crashed after 1min 4 seconds (i timed it.) AttentionIdeaAttentionIdea

This leads me to think that with the Audio changes in 119.5 that something has not gone quite right.IdeaIdeaIdea The only major difference between my mate and myself is operating system. I use Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1 he is on Windows 10. So perhaps the difference in audio drivers has caused issue? *just thinking out loud here*

My next test is logging in an alt on another client (all clients audio muted):
- Initially kept my main in space, with the alt in station. No issues detected.
- Undocked my alt into space, not issues detected.

So what do you do after an apparent successful test with one alt? Add in another alt - now this maxes me out as I only have access to 3 accounts so I would be interested in you professional multiboxers (yes you with the 15accounts). Heres the rest of my testing with audio muted:

- 2 toons in space one in station, no issues. Win7 Resource monitor clocks my CPU usage over my entire computer at between 30-55%.
- 3 toons in space. No issues, warped some around knowing that I was unable to really do so with sound on without crashing. CPU usage still within that 30-55% mark. Seems more and more like an audio issue causing some CPU's to tank themselves and eventually freeze the client right?

So my final test with all 3 toons in space is to turn on the audio for one client and see if it crashes all clients or just the one. Can you guess whats going to happen? I predict only this one client will crash... and funnily enough after a 1-2minutes. That one client crashes! Eureka much?IdeaIdea

Given the information I have gathered over the last 30-45mins with these various settings I would be inclined to say that CCP in their effort to streamline (as they put it) the audio functions, have put an incorrect character or something in the coding (im no programmer but I do have some base skills) which is causing issues for only some of us.

So here is my suggestion - try turning off your sound in the menu then post here if you agree that I am onto something. While I can do without sound, to me it is another layer of immersion.

Edit: One last thing, all of my testing was done with graphics optimised for performance - so pretty crappy looking ships, but one problem at a time though!

Phonze out. CoolCool
HelicoBacter
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2017-05-14 14:24:19 UTC  |  Edited by: HelicoBacter
same here, sound drivers uppdate helepd little or maybe not... ;/

after testing uptading sound drivers helped a lot :)
Horiz Rin
Homebase69
#16 - 2017-05-14 14:30:16 UTC
Shaansha wrote:

Furthemore i think eve uses only one processor core, evertime i have these laggs, one of my CPU Cores (i6850) spikes to 100% and all other 11 cores going down to nearly 0%.

Same here.
Two clients running.

i7 6770k, one core maxes out at 100%, the other 7 drop to zero, the interface freezes for 10-15 seconds (eg ship freezes in space while aligning to warp), then catches up (ship is suddenly sat at a gate ready to leave system). Game seems fine for 2-3 minutes, then repeats the process.
El Lion
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2017-05-14 15:19:48 UTC
Also have the same problem now. 2 clients running on lowest settings and its barely playable. There is also a lot of ui lag when I am ratting in a super and I kill a wave. Next wave that spawns takes forever to lock due to lag. Never ever had I issues before the patch.
Dominic Erata
Submarine Games
#18 - 2017-05-15 01:59:58 UTC
I am also having this issue. I normally run 3-4 clients at a time, but after the latest update I am only able to run one at a time without *major* stuttering across all clients as well as other programs (web browsers, skype, TS3, etc) while multiple clients are loaded. I took a cue from someone else in this thread and disabled EVE voice, set my clients to 'Limit Active Sounds' and then turned on advanced audio settings and turned everything but Jump Activations and Warning Sounds to zero. I'm still getting some stuttering, but not as horribly as it was. Might be something to try until CCP figures out what the issue is. It was this or unsub some accounts.
Severian Autharch
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2017-05-15 04:58:01 UTC
I think you are onto something. Had the same issues as you. I updated my sound drivers and things are better.

Come on CCP ... fix this.

Alphonze Tleilaxu wrote:
I have been playing around with my settings over the last day or so. This is what I have discovered:

So here is my suggestion - try turning off your sound in the menu then post here if you agree that I am onto something. While I can do without sound, to me it is another layer of immersion.

Edit: One last thing, all of my testing was done with graphics optimised for performance - so pretty crappy looking ships, but one problem at a time though!

Phonze out. CoolCool

Satyriasiss
HouseOfBlackAndWhite
#20 - 2017-05-15 09:06:09 UTC
new memory optimisation is a problem.
when client is minimized FPS in it comes for a 1000, and drops to 15-30 when client is resumed, this bugy operation causes a perfomence drop on other clients.
So nothing we can do until CCP will fix it
123Next page