These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Crucible 1.5 Issues

First post First post
Author
Zedolf
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#521 - 2012-03-14 16:04:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Zedolf
Acthiliak wrote:
So why do I suddenly have to launch a launcher that adds zero features or functionality to my previous Eve experience, but goes a step further from being absolutely useless and actually becomes an annoyance because now I have to click extra buttons arbitrarily and the launcher doesn't close itself when I click Play, so yet another arbitrary click has to be made.

What was the point of this launcher?

You can set it to close when you start EVE, it's in the settings. You can also set it to only open when there's an update.

The launcher has been launched to bring you MOAR eve news quicker, and deliver patches faster.
When they get the client updates (the optional ones) in the launcher, you'll launch the launcher, it'll update your game, and there will be no need for client restart.

Edit: Ninja'd by CCP!
Ang Min
CPD Adventures Pte. Ltd.
#522 - 2012-03-14 16:14:27 UTC
Kein Rueckrad wrote:
My Problems

Sounds : hardner sounds Very loud, sensor booster sounds very loud, ship destroy sound like a jetcan

Yup, they broke the sound effects for active modules, so that the volume is on full, even when you zoom all the way out. Smoking gun is in the patch notes:
'"Sound: The salvager module sound has been restored"

I can easily envision how some rookie programmer could've been assigned this bug, and poked around in unfamiliar code until s/he found some variable setting that magically made the sound work for the salvager module...then checked in the 'fix' without realizing they'd set volume to full for ALL active mods!

What I can't understand though is how something this obvious could get by QA...
korondipeter
Meus Frater Custodis
#523 - 2012-03-14 16:15:26 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
korondipeter wrote:
CCP Cascade wrote:
korondipeter wrote:
What about 64 bit support?

The issue you are experiencing has nothing to do with 64 bit support. There are currently 37 000 players online TQ, a lot of them are running on a 64 bit OS.

What you are experiencing is something else. Have you tried rebooting your computer and then without starting any eve client or anything else, run the repair tool.

The reason why you will have to reboot is to make sure that there are no locked files from other programs.

Please let me know how that works for you.

Same thing with your instructions.
Fresh reinstall, run a clean repair. Afterwards the same 16-bit application error.
It shows in application log:
Log Name: Application
Source: Wow64 Emulation Layer
Date: 3/14/2012 1:02:56 AM
Event ID: 1109
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: ptr-PC
Description:
The program or feature "\??\G:\Program Files (x86)\eve\launcher\launcher.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.
Event Xml:
Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"
System
Provider Name="Wow64 Emulation Layer"
EventID Qualifiers="16384"1109 EventID
Level4 Level
Task 0 Task
Keywords 0x80000000000000 Keywords
TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-13T23:02:56.000000000Z"
EventRecordID 10339 EventRecordID
Channel Application Channel
Computer ptr-PC Computer
Security
System
EventData
Data ??\G:\Program Files (x86)\eve\launcher\launcher.exe Data
EventData
Event

I'm running all my builds on 64 bit versions of Windows without any issue. Do you have any option to set compatibility for the executable? If so, could you try changing them and rerunning?

Tried compatinbility. No results. :(
korondipeter
Meus Frater Custodis
#524 - 2012-03-14 16:20:49 UTC
CCP Sharkbait wrote:
what OS are you running korondipeter?

Windows 7 Ultimate EN 64 BIT SP1
CCP Donut Golem
C C P
C C P Alliance
#525 - 2012-03-14 16:21:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Donut Golem
PryMary wrote:
CCP Donut Golem wrote:
PryMary wrote:
Exception in thread Thread-6:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyc", line 483, in run
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 117, in DownloadPart
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 136, in _DownloadPart
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 522, in callback
ValueError: data error during decompression

Exception in thread Thread-7:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyc", line 483, in run
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 117, in DownloadPart
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 136, in _DownloadPart
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 762, in callback
FileSyncError: data corruption

OK my 2 cent's for what it's worth anyway. CCP you fail HARD and I mean HARD... FFS if your going to release something make sure it works before you do!

Running Windows 7 X64 Ultimate: This application is not 64 bit compatible... Really?!? In this day and age of computing surely a company like yours has the brain cells to make a 64-bit & 32-bit version of the same app?

I used the work around that was issued yesterday (13/03/12) which no longer works due to today's (yet again FAIL) patch of yesterday's disastrous patching process... Now being an EVE player since 2004 I am used to ERRORS like this coming from you (boot.ini being the main one in living memory)

BUT SURELY YOU MUST LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND NOT KEEP MAKING THEM!!!

I no longer have a working EVE client as do many of your subscribers... If I were in your management I would have head's on spit's and use them for target practise!!! I say you give everyone a "We are sorry" present for you incompetence and lack of management.

/rant

This is almost certainly due to the Launcher update corrupting the Launcher itself, which is symptomatic of the data corruption you're seeing. This, along with the permission issues that people have been having, is at the top of our list to fix ASAP.

So I just have to sit here and play other games while you sort out your error... Wait a minute... I paid for this game... I want compensation.... After all your server logs show an error on your side not mine... Waiting to be compensated now

Regarding data corruption, please check the following thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=933164#post933164
kevs5678
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#526 - 2012-03-14 16:23:38 UTC  |  Edited by: kevs5678
sound is terrible now tractor beam and salvager way too quiet, missing turret (machine gun) sounds on some missions, and the sound loop of the salvager when you can hear it, still loops occasionally just like before the patches Oops

Would rather sound was restored to how it was pre patchRoll
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#527 - 2012-03-14 16:29:48 UTC
Ang Min wrote:
Kein Rueckrad wrote:
My Problems

Sounds : hardner sounds Very loud, sensor booster sounds very loud, ship destroy sound like a jetcan

Yup, they broke the sound effects for active modules, so that the volume is on full, even when you zoom all the way out. Smoking gun is in the patch notes:
'"Sound: The salvager module sound has been restored"

I can easily envision how some rookie programmer could've been assigned this bug, and poked around in unfamiliar code until s/he found some variable setting that magically made the sound work for the salvager module...then checked in the 'fix' without realizing they'd set volume to full for ALL active mods!

What I can't understand though is how something this obvious could get by QA...
Hypothesis: Because CCP QA hadn't yet written a regression test script for sound functionality in EVE.

Also, +1 for experiencing the sounds from a distance defect.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Stephen Ambrye
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#528 - 2012-03-14 16:30:29 UTC
I'm running the v1.09 launcher and it seems to be stuck at "Creating_Eve_Online_349998-350962.patch". It goes up to 25% and then back to 0 and is stuck on this loop. It's been doing this for at least 10 minutes. I ran the new repairer already.
Jean CurPictat
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#529 - 2012-03-14 16:38:47 UTC
Confirming stuck in a loop after the new patch downloads (19.2MB), game restarts, patch runs, error (cannot create shortcut in C:\Users\x\Appdata\bla bla), then game starts, says patch downloaded ready to update (although had the patch updating ffs), again error, again restart.

None of the CANCEL/CLOSE buttons work, as they're grayed out, and the in-game close button does the same as the ok button (i.e. restarts the game and plows through the update).

WTH CCP.
Shannae Darkehart
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#530 - 2012-03-14 16:39:39 UTC
No amount of Adminstrator settings, compatibility settings, repair tool, and rebooting is making any difference. The game clinet itself still crashes.

Guess I get to re-install EVE from scratch. Again.

Just a lil hint for you CCP, when you go to push out entirely new technology, like a Launcher, to replace an existing system, DON'T REMOVE THE EXISTING SYSTEM UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THE NEW ONE WORKS POST DEPLOYMENT!

A significant amount of user headache could of been bypassd if functionaing patches had been assembled as alternatives.

I'm sorry if you feel there's a legitimate reason for botting but there isn't and that's basically that. Not liking a game doesn't entitle you to cheat. Ever. At all. Enough with the moral equivalency please. ~CCP Sreegs

korondipeter
Meus Frater Custodis
#531 - 2012-03-14 16:39:51 UTC
korondipeter wrote:
CCP Sharkbait wrote:
what OS are you running korondipeter?

Windows 7 Ultimate EN 64 BIT SP1

Eventually it started with the \bin\ExeFile.exe

However launcher still not working for me. Still 16-bit complain.
korondipeter
Meus Frater Custodis
#532 - 2012-03-14 16:40:29 UTC
korondipeter wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
korondipeter wrote:
CCP Cascade wrote:
korondipeter wrote:
What about 64 bit support?

The issue you are experiencing has nothing to do with 64 bit support. There are currently 37 000 players online TQ, a lot of them are running on a 64 bit OS.

What you are experiencing is something else. Have you tried rebooting your computer and then without starting any eve client or anything else, run the repair tool.

The reason why you will have to reboot is to make sure that there are no locked files from other programs.

Please let me know how that works for you.

Same thing with your instructions.
Fresh reinstall, run a clean repair. Afterwards the same 16-bit application error.
It shows in application log:
Log Name: Application
Source: Wow64 Emulation Layer
Date: 3/14/2012 1:02:56 AM
Event ID: 1109
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: ptr-PC
Description:
The program or feature "\??\G:\Program Files (x86)\eve\launcher\launcher.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.
Event Xml:
Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"
System
Provider Name="Wow64 Emulation Layer"
EventID Qualifiers="16384"1109 EventID
Level4 Level
Task 0 Task
Keywords 0x80000000000000 Keywords
TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-13T23:02:56.000000000Z"
EventRecordID 10339 EventRecordID
Channel Application Channel
Computer ptr-PC Computer
Security
System
EventData
Data ??\G:\Program Files (x86)\eve\launcher\launcher.exe Data
EventData
Event

I'm running all my builds on 64 bit versions of Windows without any issue. Do you have any option to set compatibility for the executable? If so, could you try changing them and rerunning?

Tried compatinbility. No results. :(

Eventually it started with the \bin\ExeFile.exe

Xendrais
Order Of The Star
#533 - 2012-03-14 16:40:33 UTC
CCP Donut Golem wrote:

Hi, can you try installing a full copy of the Launcher into your EVE client directory via the following: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/350962/EVEOnlineLauncherInstaller.exe and running eve.exe afterwards?

Just to inform you, I (re-)installed the Launcher 1.09 using this installer. It ran fine and updated my client which also ran fine afterwards.

Idea The only thing I notice is that the repair.exe version I have in the directory is still dated 22/12/2011, size 5.84 MB (6,130,512 bytes). I would have thought the repair.exe file would ALSO be updated at the same time the client was updated. If I have to run repair.exe, it will be an old version AttentionQuestion
Luwiel
Black Rats
#534 - 2012-03-14 16:45:37 UTC
Hi,
I tried to patch my EVE today, but patching itself failed, so I ran repair.exe.
After running repair.exe I am able to run launcher, it says that client is up to date but if I click on "Play" button i got message:
Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\CCP2\EVE\bin\ExeFile.exe
abnormal program termination

I am running EVE on Kubuntu under Wine, so far I didn't have any problems with it.

Any help please?
Ajita al Tchar
Doomheim
#535 - 2012-03-14 16:46:14 UTC
Launcher works great, and has since t=0 (Win 7 here). No issues with settings either it seems. ALSO, thanks for the stealth S&I UI buff where my choice of location when starting the job remotely (e.g. "Current Region", "Current System", etc) is remembered from job to job, thus saving me a click and scroll through the dropdown list. This alone helps with invention a lot (moar industry usability fixes in the future would be amazing, too, heh).

Some issues though:

The filtering for blueprints in the S&I window is quite slow. It's a lot slower than filtering items in the hangar, for example. One thing I noticed that might help is that as soon as I type in a character into the filter textbox, the filtering process starts. Might be good to wait for the user to finish typing the string before running the search (e.g. wait for a longer pause after a keystroke, and presumably this will be the end of user typing... idk, you know what works better than I do).

Also, at one point the filtering stopped working. I haven't been able to reproduce it yet (and will file a bug report when I do get it working.... errr, not working). Might have had something with me switching hangars or hangar divisions while the filter was not blank. Not sure if anyone else saw this issue, being on pain medication is wrecking my attention span, 27 pages is 27 pages too many.

Would it be possible to make the market order text color changes based on location optional? It's been both useful and not so helpful, as sometimes I don't care about order locations when looking through market details while having a route mapped out.
Ameiva
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#536 - 2012-03-14 16:53:00 UTC
Thank you for working on trying to solve the issues.

Tried all the steps suggested, even uninstalling the game, and now I can't reinstall the game.
"error while downloading installer payload".

What am I doing wrong? And what do I try next?
Shannae Darkehart
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#537 - 2012-03-14 16:56:43 UTC
Ameiva wrote:

Tried all the steps suggested, even uninstalling the game, and now I can't reinstall the game.

I also got this error. A link to the manual download page is provided by the installer when it fails.

You have to download the Executable, Payload 1, and Payload 2 and put them all in the same folder, then run the executable. The folder you put these 3 things in does not have to be the folder you intend to install EVE to (and probably, CANNOT be the same folder).

I'm sorry if you feel there's a legitimate reason for botting but there isn't and that's basically that. Not liking a game doesn't entitle you to cheat. Ever. At all. Enough with the moral equivalency please. ~CCP Sreegs

Ameiva
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#538 - 2012-03-14 17:00:53 UTC
Shannae Darkehart wrote:
Ameiva wrote:

I also got this error. A link to the manual download page is provided by the installer when it fails.

You have to download the Executable, Payload 1, and Payload 2 and put them all in the same folder, then run the executable. The folder you put these 3 things in does not have to be the folder you intend to install EVE to (and probably, CANNOT be the same folder).

Did that, and that's what's failing. Had it in a different location folder, and all files in the same one.
CCP Cascade
#539 - 2012-03-14 17:01:32 UTC
korondipeter wrote:

Can you try downloading this http://cdn1.eveonline.com/350962/EVEOnlineLauncherInstaller.exe and applying that to the client where you have a broken Launcher?

Does that enable you to start the Launcher?

Associate Technical Producer - Core Technology Group

CCP Donut Golem
C C P
C C P Alliance
#540 - 2012-03-14 17:12:25 UTC
Shannae Darkehart wrote:
Ameiva wrote:

Correct, the .7z payloads just need to be in the same location as the .exe.