These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Crucible 1.5 Feedback

First post
Author
Zedolf
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2012-03-13 22:43:36 UTC
Razzishi wrote:
Oh, and Minerals are automagically sorted by item quality low to high (Trit on top, Morph on bottom) but Drone poop is sorted in the exact opposite order. What other new and wondrous things will I discover in the market tonight?

edit: I spoke too soon! Despite perfect ordering of minerals by value, and Drone poop starting at the top with the two most expensive ones, it actually then goes all over the place meaning that it's probably some internal number that players can't typically see that is causing this organization.

So.. TypeID then, mayhaps?
Seems like they've managed to mess up EVE's internal alphabet, since it (apparently) can't list anything in alphabetical order anymore. :P
Mirajane Cromwell
#82 - 2012-03-13 22:46:20 UTC
Raz Lictor wrote:
I don't mind the name changes (which we knew were coming), so much as not putting a comprehensive list of what was changed in the patch notes. Or in the least indicating somewhere in the patch notes that the name changes were going through for 1.5. What's the point of having patch notes if you don't list half the things you're changing?

Just noticed there's lots of limited, prototype, experimental and upgraded modules now but nothing about it in patch notes... are limited modules meta 1 or what? Weren't these changes waiting for revision? Roll
Katy Ling
Crimnson Concept Flame
#83 - 2012-03-13 22:48:09 UTC
CCP Donut Golem wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

Have you tried the "Import Patch" Feature? More can be read here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_Launcher#FAQ

ok ... lets pretend that where just a bunch of players, trying to patch they're multiple clients and don't know anything about the new client launcher, and because they don't see a visible button in the client launcher where it says "export patch data" / "delete patch cache" they simply have no clue how those things are done and just want to click in launcher -> patch all clients -> play game

it is amazing it took so long for ccp to come with a launcher, as used in so many other online games, and the launcher doesn't even close himself .... probably you might tell me that there's some hidden option to "close launcher, after launching game" ... i just want to play eve, not play "find Easter eggs"

Floating Hands
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2012-03-13 23:06:14 UTC
The Velator uses its old icon in the ship hanger but the new icon within the show info window.
Or at least it looks that way to me. The icon in the ship hanger doesn't really look like the new Velator.
Jak Savage
The Savage Foundation
#85 - 2012-03-13 23:06:48 UTC
Yah the system it uses to sort info is realy messed up, for example my "people and places" folder, i had a system set up that at least alowed me to group them in some kind of order, now its compleatly random. have even remade a folder with the same exact name as one already in there, the new one is again placed in a random position and it's not even next to its idinticle twin.
shure hope this gets fixed soon, but with every one having problems with the launcher it self, seems like where going to be stuck with this for a bit.

ccp, why where these problems not ironed out before going live?
you had to have tested and seen the isues, did you push forward with it any ways, figuring you would iron them out after going live with it?

Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#86 - 2012-03-13 23:39:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Versuvius Marii
Not liking the launcher. Really not. It worked fine before.
So what if every other MMO out there has a sodding patcher/launcher... now we have to load the stupid launcher every time there's a patch. More clicking just to bring the game into the 21st century in the eyes of the internet elite? And even more clicking if you want to disable the bloody thing, which I have done. Oh and it's more CPU intensive for some unknown reason - it worked just fine before.

Seriously do not understand what the need for this was other than to satisfy MMOfags.

Also fix Eve Gate, specifically the fact I can't use a ' in a mail without it somehow giving out coding errors, and the stupidly increasing font sizes, and making me log in to send a mail and thus defeating the point of Gate. Which is an annoying process to do now as you've got to load the launcher, which in turn loads the client(launcher has been disabled, but still had to disable it CCP)... See where I'm going?

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.

Tjalve Myr'Aelyn
Nisroc Angels
The Obsidian Front - Reborn
#87 - 2012-03-13 23:49:48 UTC
What happens with the locations in th right-click menu? They are completely out of any order now, not sorted by name, nor creation day.
Sad

I was used to sort the locations by name in the menu, adding prefixes like "_" helped a lot to get certain bookmarks on top of the list. That doesn't work anymore.
What I am doing wrong? Is there any chance I can sort my locations again - finding important bookmarks on top of the location list is sometimes essential for surviving in PvP ...
CCP Cascade
#88 - 2012-03-14 00:02:34 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Cascade
As of 01:40 GMT (14th March) we released a new Launcher (Version 1.09) and a new repair tool to resolve some issues that players have been experiencing during the initial deployment of Crucible 1.5.

Those of you experiencing issues with the Launcher or updating the game, please follow these steps:

1. Reboot the computer.
2. Navigate to the EVE client install folder.
3. Run the Repair tool until it finshes.
4. Run eve.exe from the same folder

We ask people to reboot their computer to make sure that there are no locked files or other processes running while running the repair tool. This would otherwise interfere with the repair tool and prevent the client from updating.

Please let us know if this resolves the issues you are experiencing.

Associate Technical Producer - Core Technology Group

Xurr
Wasted Potential.
#89 - 2012-03-14 00:53:47 UTC
So, if I understand this horrible new patcher correctly, after i patch my first client i then have to export that, then import it for the next.

So how about, ya know, if you allow us to put the patch by default into a default folder and let us set the launcher to check there first for patches.

Previously it was:

Client 1 downloads patch, un-check clean up.
Client 2 and so on don't have to be told where the patch is.

Now:

Client 1 downloads patch.
Export patch.
Client 2 starts up, tries to download patch.
Client 2 then needs to be told to import the patch.

By the way, thanks for deleting all my settings. I really love the random reload into the CQ trash.
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2012-03-14 01:40:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakaru Ishiwara
malaire wrote:
Launcher was saying "Client is Ready" but when I pressed Play, I was still required to restart EVE to install Client Update.

If Launcher can't install client updates, this isn't that big change since I am still required to restart EVE for most installs.
This! What good is a super fancy Launcher if it can't handle *all* client updates. All this Launcher does is create more steps for me to get into the game. Where is the value-add?

The Launcher took a little fiddling to figure out with a junction-based EVE-O client installation, too.

Steps to launch multiple clients (Win7 64 bit OS):

1) Open client #1 by double-clicking on the previously made EVE-O client shortcut.

2) Press "Play" in the new Launcher.

3) Close the Launcher.

4) Open client #2 by double-clicking on the previously made shortcut to the first junction.

5) Press "Play" in the new Launcher.

6) Close the Launcher.

Rinse and repeat for subsequent junction-based client launches.

Edit: OMG. Saved from this Launcher. Go to the Launcher settings button (tool icon, upper right) and check both boxes in the "Startup" tab.

http://imgur.com/kA5Q9

No more need to open and close the Launcher. Phew!

Edit #2: Huh. I clicked on the above link and EVE-O didn't pop up the usual interstitial message about going to a 3rd party site. In fact, the EVE-O site didn't even generate a new Tab / Window when clicking on that link. Odd.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

CCP Cascade
#91 - 2012-03-14 01:47:14 UTC
As of 01:40 GMT (14th March) we released a new Launcher (Version 1.09) and a new repair tool to resolve some issues that players have been experiencing during the initial deployment of Crucible 1.5.

Those of you experiencing issues with the Launcher or updating the game, please follow these steps:

1. Reboot the computer.
2. Navigate to the EVE client install folder.
3. Run the Repair tool until it finshes.
4. Run eve.exe from the same folder

We ask people to reboot their computer to make sure that there are no locked files or other processes running while running the repair tool. This would otherwise interfere with the repair tool and prevent the client from updating.

Please let us know if this resolves the issues you are experiencing.

Associate Technical Producer - Core Technology Group

Antraman
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#92 - 2012-03-14 01:52:06 UTC
Katy Ling wrote:
and the launcher doesn't even close himself .... probably you might tell me that there's some hidden option to "close launcher, after launching game" ... i just want to play eve, not play "find Easter eggs"

There's some option though not hidden, in the Launcher's Options settings window - Startup tab that will Close the Eve Launcher after starting Eve Online when you check the box...
Wyehr
Magister Corp
#93 - 2012-03-14 02:16:02 UTC
The bookmark ordering problem seems to be general, rather than specific to bookmarks. My skills are now in random order within the groups too.

Also, can you please ditch that stupid splash screen? Or at least make it not be on top of everything else.
Maria delArtos
Teros Commercial Enterprises
#94 - 2012-03-14 02:41:46 UTC
A few people mentioned it before, but I want to add emphasis...

Fix the quickbar ordering! It's quite useful to me alphabetical, but if they keep an order I set, that'd work too.

It's seriously messing with my market-fu :(
Zmey Crafter
Tiny Crazy Corp
#95 - 2012-03-14 04:15:48 UTC
Bookmarks in "Personal locations" section in right-click menu are not sorted after update. At least for me.

Hope it is a bug, not a feature and will be fixed soon.
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2012-03-14 05:43:40 UTC
my dominix seams a little od....

joking! nice work on it, it looks a little less like a potato now... and remember a little less an upside dawn tennis.... but I still think that it would make a good use of a drone bay opening (with that green light, just like magatron have in its middle.)

but i just wonder, when that cloak-hunter destroyer will come in play???
Colinesk
ACCORD Industries
#97 - 2012-03-14 05:59:08 UTC
I liked the manual download of the patches because my bandwidth in this country in the middle of africa is pretty limited.

143 MB take me half a day to download, if no power interruptions take place. With a real download manager it was no issue, just patience. Now it needs to work in one go, I wonder when that will happen here...

My game time is ending shortly, so I will see what choice I have to make.
Caxie
Image Reality
#98 - 2012-03-14 06:06:42 UTC
Changing the CFBundleName to the second or 3rd instance doesn't work anymore on Mac. Is there something I'm missing on the Mac side to get multiple clients to work again?
hermerdoo
Keep On Trucking Baby
Ligma Grindset
#99 - 2012-03-14 06:36:34 UTC
Works fine for me, 3 systems, multi client up at once.
+1 CCP
Empathic Psychopath
Cult of the Crayon
#100 - 2012-03-14 08:09:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Empathic Psychopath
CCP...do you ever, I mean EVER, actually test this stuff before dumping it on everyone? Seriously, my 11 installation folders that I use (1 per account) are all pretty much trashed now.

Previously what I would do is update a master installation folder that doesn't get used to play the game, nice clean install, has all the patches up to date, etc. Then I would use robocopy to sync this folder with all the other installation folders. Then run any client updates as they came along for each client that I started. I learned a long time ago that running multiple clients from a single install folder was a BAD thing to do since CCP seem to be good on theory but absolutely useless in the practical application of software.

Right now the only way I can get any clients to work is run the repair tool...11 times! And even then each time the repair tool runs it deletes C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE....why do that? You've just deleted ALL the updates on all my other clients. So now it's an endless loop of repair -> download update -> next client fails to repair -> download update -> RINSE AND ******* REPEAT!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

WHY CHANGE THINGS NOW AND WHY ONLY DO IT HALF BAKED???? WHY??????!!!!!

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?????

EDIT: one more thing. Stop saying "it's on our list of things to do". Nobody believes you since this is your standard answer to questions like "why didn't you do this properly the first time?"