These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Selfdestructing during combat: No killmail

Author
Gods Messenger
#1 - 2012-03-13 22:14:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Gods Messenger
Since quite a while, alliances in 0.0 started selfdestructing their supers and carriers when they get tackled in a helpless situation

They even have forum orders about it and penalities for users who do not self-destruct and make big losses for the alliance.

Losses have become a big issue for alliances, since they show up on their killboards and make them look bad in public. So instead of taking the losses, people just self destruct their shiny ships.

What I am asking CCP for is, please change self destruct to generate killmails and make the self destruct the biggest damage dealer on the killmail, just like bubbles show up on killmails aswell as NPCs.

There shouldnt be no killmail losses in eve anymore, since, even when killmails are not supported by eve, killboards have become so important to the comunity.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-03-13 22:15:26 UTC
This thread again? Learn to search before posting.
Gods Messenger
#3 - 2012-03-13 22:19:18 UTC
mxzf wrote:
This thread again? Learn to search before posting.


I DONT KARE
StarFleetCommander
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#4 - 2012-03-13 22:25:19 UTC
plz change this
Mangold
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-03-13 22:29:18 UTC
Still the same ****** game mechanic. Still worthless.

I've heard the argument "hey, bring enough DPS to kill it ya noob". Great idea, lets get even more reasons to blob in this game. Almost every time a small gang manages to kill a carrier/dread it will self destruct before it's grinded down.

http://eve-search.com/thread/1156343-0/page/1

It's been 2,5 years and nothing has happened yet. Way to go CCP.

Oh wait, it's 3 years.

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1044795


2012.03.13 22:02 Notify Thanatos belonging to Darghana self-destructs.

MMXMMX > selfdestruckt is my friend
20:55:15 Notify Chimera belonging to MMXMMX self-destructs.

16:20:25 Notify Chimera belonging to Wrathraker self-destructs.

21:52:33 Notify Itaivef has initiated self-destruct of their Revelation, it will explode in 120 seconds.
Mr Testy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-13 22:33:35 UTC
Self destruct should generate kill mail!
Mangold
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-03-13 22:36:33 UTC
mxzf wrote:
This thread again? Learn to search before posting.


As you appear to be some sort of demi god of pvp I bow down to your superior knowledge and experience in this particular field...oh wait.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=mxzf
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-03-13 22:36:51 UTC
While it's pretty obvious OP went in alliance chat to ask for support for his thread, I have to agree with the premise. Self destruct should be for denying loot drop, not for denying killmails.

So you don't care about killmails and think this would be a terrible change. Some people do care about killmails, and they are in the game, so why shouldn't they? You might as well remove killmails if I can decide to deny them to my attackers.

To the "bring moar dps" crowd, the attackers brought enough DPS to kill the ship - ergo, they deserve the killmail when the ship is destroyed.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Emeos
Half Empty
#9 - 2012-03-13 22:37:50 UTC
Bring more dps noobs Twisted
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#10 - 2012-03-13 22:39:24 UTC
What does PvP have to do with searching the forum before posting the same old idea all over again?
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-03-13 22:39:37 UTC
Self destructed ships are still dead. You do realise this, right?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Seshzan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-03-13 22:43:51 UTC
Mechanic needed changing long ago and still hasn't and i have to say CSM's have let not only them selfs down but the communcity not getting this feature added allrdy.

Make self destruct generate a KM.


Gods Messenger for CSM8
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-03-13 22:52:17 UTC
Why would you climb a mountain without safety gear? If you don't think its possible to do it safetly, why climb the mountain ?

Let me rephrase that question....

Why do you think you can take on a carrier and 2 minutes isn't enough to destroy it? But you can gank a hulk in under 15 seconds no problem.

Let me rephrase that again...

Why the hell do you belive you would win, when obviously the second you ******* undock that any fight would last less then 2 minutes, but fail to have a proper counter: WAY HIGH NUMBERS OF DAMAGE FROM LARGE NUMBERS OF PLAYERS OR A CAPSHIP CAPABLE OF HIGH NUMBERS IN SHORT AMOUNTS OF TIME.

tl;dr - The Little Engine That Could, ****** Up and Got Butthurt Oops when someone chumped him.

You ****** up, cause if I were to do something in game or in real life (like the first question) I would make damn sure I was able to accomplish the task. I would **** over that guy who tried to self destruct....I would deny him the right to self destruct just as much as he tried to deny me a killmail. If I didn't think it was possible, I would either A) Not engage someone I don't think was possible of taking down B) Made damn sure if it was going to burn, then it will burn and make the other guy deal with replacing it. KM's are just fluffing and mental blowjobs to make you feel better, but out of game...it don't mean a damn thing except to chumps whining how they lost a carrier in a video game (can be the guy who lost it or the OP whining how they lost it, I don't care except that someone got pissed off Twisted )
Raneru
Contemplate
#14 - 2012-03-13 22:57:32 UTC
Wasn't there plans to increase the timer depending on the size of the ship ages ago?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-03-13 23:31:13 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
Why would you climb a mountain without safety gear? If you don't think its possible to do it safetly, why climb the mountain ?

Let me rephrase that question....

Why do you think you can take on a carrier and 2 minutes isn't enough to destroy it? But you can gank a hulk in under 15 seconds no problem.

Let me rephrase that again...

Why the hell do you belive you would win, when obviously the second you ******* undock that any fight would last less then 2 minutes, but fail to have a proper counter: WAY HIGH NUMBERS OF DAMAGE FROM LARGE NUMBERS OF PLAYERS OR A CAPSHIP CAPABLE OF HIGH NUMBERS IN SHORT AMOUNTS OF TIME.

tl;dr - The Little Engine That Could, ****** Up and Got Butthurt Oops when someone chumped him.

You ****** up, cause if I were to do something in game or in real life (like the first question) I would make damn sure I was able to accomplish the task. I would **** over that guy who tried to self destruct....I would deny him the right to self destruct just as much as he tried to deny me a killmail. If I didn't think it was possible, I would either A) Not engage someone I don't think was possible of taking down B) Made damn sure if it was going to burn, then it will burn and make the other guy deal with replacing it. KM's are just fluffing and mental blowjobs to make you feel better, but out of game...it don't mean a damn thing except to chumps whining how they lost a carrier in a video game (can be the guy who lost it or the OP whining how they lost it, I don't care except that someone got pissed off Twisted )

Oh look, it's the excessively angry NPC corp toon with no avatar.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#16 - 2012-03-13 23:56:40 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Aqriue wrote:
Why would you climb a mountain without safety gear? If you don't think its possible to do it safetly, why climb the mountain ?

Let me rephrase that question....

Why do you think you can take on a carrier and 2 minutes isn't enough to destroy it? But you can gank a hulk in under 15 seconds no problem.

Let me rephrase that again...

Why the hell do you belive you would win, when obviously the second you ******* undock that any fight would last less then 2 minutes, but fail to have a proper counter: WAY HIGH NUMBERS OF DAMAGE FROM LARGE NUMBERS OF PLAYERS OR A CAPSHIP CAPABLE OF HIGH NUMBERS IN SHORT AMOUNTS OF TIME.

tl;dr - The Little Engine That Could, ****** Up and Got Butthurt Oops when someone chumped him.

You ****** up, cause if I were to do something in game or in real life (like the first question) I would make damn sure I was able to accomplish the task. I would **** over that guy who tried to self destruct....I would deny him the right to self destruct just as much as he tried to deny me a killmail. If I didn't think it was possible, I would either A) Not engage someone I don't think was possible of taking down B) Made damn sure if it was going to burn, then it will burn and make the other guy deal with replacing it. KM's are just fluffing and mental blowjobs to make you feel better, but out of game...it don't mean a damn thing except to chumps whining how they lost a carrier in a video game (can be the guy who lost it or the OP whining how they lost it, I don't care except that someone got pissed off Twisted )

Oh look, it's the excessively angry NPC corp toon with no avatar.

Aqruie's wall of text crits for 3,000 damage! It's super effective!

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#17 - 2012-03-14 00:12:04 UTC
Raneru wrote:
Wasn't there plans to increase the timer depending on the size of the ship ages ago?

No, the CSM suggested it 2-3 years ago and so have forum members over, and over and over again since then. CCP have pretty much ignored it.

I think ccp phantom commented on a SD thread once to say "we'll look in to it, you should definitely get KMs", but nothing came of it.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Pulgy
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-03-14 00:22:09 UTC
It's been suggested before and my answer is still the same: nope
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blaster™ . A Hybrid religion.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#19 - 2012-03-14 00:25:53 UTC
Pulgy wrote:
It's been suggested before and my answer is still the same: nope

Who cares? The general consensus, CSM recommendation and only existing dev comment on the matter say: yes.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#20 - 2012-03-14 00:31:55 UTC
yes, no killmail when selfdestruct.
123Next pageLast page