These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[CSM] The Independent Voter's Guide to the CSM 7 Elections

First post
Author
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#121 - 2012-03-05 20:22:28 UTC
Azure Moonlight wrote:
I really wondered about Issler Dainzes thread myself. I like some of her ideas, but the whole thing kinda reminds me of a bad voting scam. To much blah and goons all over the topic.

So who is this Issler Dainze, does she mean business or is it really just a troll? (and wtf is up with CCP, if they allow such a thing in CSM elections)


I am definitely not a troll. I've been playing Eve for 8 years and have been in the CSM twice already.

As for the goons, hard to say how I attract so much attention from them. I suspect the goons have been told to specifically troll and disrupt certain candidates.

But feel free to catch me in game or contact me directly. I am very serious about my efforts to be elected to the CSM 7 to help encourage CCP to give the miners of Eve some long overdue attention.

Issler
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#122 - 2012-03-05 20:32:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Killer Gandry wrote:
Revolution Rising wrote:

AFK mining isn't really that bad, but does still detract from the entire idea of multiplayer at all. And the fact that it can be done AFK while almost all other activities can't be done AFK is an inbalance and an additional reason it should be changed to help stop the ease with which these programs can be written for botting.


AFK cloaking comes to mind there. Howmuch do those participate of the entire idea of multiplayer?



Ohaidere, fail bubble-camper!

I are kyute cloakyfag-kitten!

Cloaky-cloaky: U no see'z me!!

Fake-edit:

Those participate in "multiplayer" quite well: It's called "psychological warfare."

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Ninja-ratting in Syndicate Cloakyfag xoxoxoxoxoxo

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#123 - 2012-03-05 20:40:18 UTC
zulrock wrote:
This thread Is i quote from the incredible Master Hu "Full of Win"

thank you



"Heeeey...You've got ME jammed, Hu!" (DNSBlack)...

(Sorry, I just had toBlink)

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#124 - 2012-03-05 21:03:09 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Killer Gandry wrote:

AFK cloaking comes to mind there. Howmuch do those participate of the entire idea of multiplayer?



Ohaidere, fail bubble-camper!

I are kyute cloakyfag-kitten!

Cloaky-cloaky: U no see'z me!!

Fake-edit:

Those participate in "multiplayer" quite well: It's called "psychological warfare."

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Ninja-ratting in Syndicate Cloakyfag xoxoxoxoxoxo


As much as I think this person is a terrible poster (and probably a furry) and this is a terrible post (so very terrible), he is absolutely right about AFK cloaking. As long as local works the way it does, AFK cloaking should be part of the game.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#125 - 2012-03-05 21:06:11 UTC
Seleene wrote:
Snowflake Tem wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
I had almost bought on it until i read the attack on Issler Daize.

Honestly her forum campaign has been easily improveable and she's quite hopeless to build enough support from the miner crowd in the short time left, but provided she's the only CSM runner to take WiS mostly seriously, that's where my vote will end up. if i was interested to "winning" i would go for Hans, but, whatever, passing April this game will no longer concern me...


I also think Hans has the strongest support outside of the CSM6 runners.
WiS will remain on back-burn until the mit-master gets round to giving his blessing so there really is no point putting your vote in support of it.
Now, if Trebor changed his stance on the issue that would be a game changer.


At this point,CCP has already decided what they are going to be doing for the immediate future. No amount of noise about Inarna is going to change that after the events is last summer. They need a solid plan, they need gameplay and they need to do it right. Until the small team they have working those issues resolves them, CCP isn't even going to begin considering the reallocation of resources. Keeping the conversation going about Incarna is fine, but the reason you do not see people like myself or Trebor spending time trying to make it a campaign issue is that based upon everything we know and cCP has said, our efforts are better spent promoting dialogue on more near term issues. Don't shoot the messenger. :)


Your "near term" issues made me leave the game out of lack of interesting gameplay. Roll I wouldn't even be here if i hadn't been stupid enough to pay for 6 months on this alt account last november.

CCP and the CSM are throwing all their effort on stuff that completely failed to grab my interest for 3 years. So i am not going to pay for developing it, and i am not going to vote for people who applaud CCP's one-side-ness. This "sandbox" is ourrageously lacking sand in case you are a politically incorrect player with a life, limited time and no interest in griefing or being griefed.

BTW, I will vote Issler because of mining too. I felt utterly stupid when my "power of 2" alt got to earn the whopping amount of 5 filthy million per hour after investing months and above 350 million ISK on her. That was second only to the bloody 6 month subscription plan...
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#126 - 2012-03-05 21:33:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Killer Gandry wrote:

AFK cloaking comes to mind there. Howmuch do those participate of the entire idea of multiplayer?



Ohaidere, fail bubble-camper!

I are kyute cloakyfag-kitten!

Cloaky-cloaky: U no see'z me!!

Fake-edit:

Those participate in "multiplayer" quite well: It's called "psychological warfare."

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Ninja-ratting in Syndicate Cloakyfag xoxoxoxoxoxo


As much as I think this person is a terrible poster (and probably a furry) and this is a terrible post (so very terrible), he is absolutely right about AFK cloaking. As long as local works the way it does, AFK cloaking should be part of the game.


You "think:"

There is your mistake.

Cheers,

Pod-Pilot Cloakyfag

E: You, "think?" Bad idea, bru....Baaaaaad ideaUgh

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Snow Axe
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#127 - 2012-03-05 21:38:18 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
As for the goons, hard to say how I attract so much attention from them. I suspect the goons have been told to specifically troll and disrupt certain candidates.


Yeah, that's what it is. Nothing to do with you identifying yourself as a carebear candidate and openly supporting WiS/ambulation despite the last year's game history. It's all an organized conspiracy!

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#128 - 2012-03-05 21:49:50 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

As much as I think this person is a terrible poster (and probably a furry) and this is a terrible post (so very terrible), he is absolutely right about AFK cloaking. As long as local works the way it does, AFK cloaking should be part of the game.


You "think:"

There is your mistake.

Cheers,

Pod-Pilot Cloakyfag

E: You, "think?" Bad idea, bru....Baaaaaad ideaUgh


You're absolutely right. Think was the wrong word. I know what a terrible poster you are.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2012-03-05 21:50:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Trebor Daehdoow
Snowflake Tem wrote:
I can't find a thread discussing the merits of different voting models. Does it exist?

Not to my knowledge, at least recently. But I do favor having a big public discussion of the pros and cons of different voting methods.

You may find this Wikipedia article that compares voting systems of interest, though it's a wee bit technical.

Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
If i was interested to "winning" i would go for Hans, but, whatever, passing April this game will no longer concern me...

As I've said before, one reason I posted the original thread was to point out that it's a bad thing that you have to choose between voting for who you want, and voting for someone you think can get elected.

I face that decision all the time in US elections, and it sucks.

Snowflake Tem wrote:
Now, if Trebor changed his stance on the issue {of Incarna} that would be a game changer.

I have never been opposed to the idea of Incarna. I just think that given CCP's current situation, allocating more than a small fraction of their resources to Incarna is unwise.

If EVE had twice as many subscribers, then perhaps they would be able to justify investing in a long-term effort to properly implement Incarna -- with good gameplay. But even in that situation, there needs to be a compelling argument made that this will attract new subscribers that would not be interested in a purely FiS game.

Proponents of Incarna must demonstrate that it will generate a reasonable Return on Investment. "Because it'll be awesome" is not a good business argument.

Furthermore, and to put it very bluntly, there are tons of avatar-based games out there -- lots of competition. But there are no other FiS PVP games out there that significantly compete with EVE, which gives it a protected market niche. Thus a major counter-argument to Incarna is that investment in FiS to add barriers to entry to dissuade potential competitors will generate a much better ROI, because having your cash-cow eviscerated while you're building the next big thing is something you want to avoid at all costs.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#130 - 2012-03-05 22:45:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Trebor... you know that CCP is curently developing not one, but TWO avatar based games, do you? Roll

As i already stated some weeks ago, EVE has grown as big as it can grow being such a freaky disthopy as it is. It already is there, nullsec will not draw in any more people to the game, face it. So it better starts appealing to people who currently play the game and leave after being faced to the only endgame it provides.

You say it: it's niche. And the niche is over. When CCP's average player is 30+, they are really wrong treating this customers as if they could revolve their whole lives around EVE.

Get a clue:

Online gaming for grown ups

Besieging crap for hours is NOT an option. Being forced to grind asteroids for hours is NOT an option. And losing your hard earned sutff to a bunch of teenagers and jobless punks is NOT an option.

All in all, EVE must be the less fun game i ever played. And I didn't played it for being fun, actually, but because of goals and being able to achieve them. But once it burns out... it burns out. Nullsec is crap and everything else is in varied degrees of being broken, abandoned or non-existant.

Time to vote to stay the course... Doh!

Maybe not, huh?
Josef Djugashvilis
#131 - 2012-03-05 22:52:02 UTC
When CCP's average player is 30+


months?

This is not a signature.

Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#132 - 2012-03-06 00:20:55 UTC
Nice post :)

Two step gets my votez!

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#133 - 2012-03-06 01:20:45 UTC
Swesal wrote:
...but it was the the riots, and unsubs that showed CCP the light not the CSM, CSM passed along the crowdsource info, and helped in the process no question, but it was the player that forced the change.

Sure, community outrage was a big part of why CCP changed course. But do you happen to remember who it was that started doing the crowdsourcing, and continued to do it, even last summer when many outspoken members of CSM (including the chairman) were openly mocking it as a waste of time, because "crowdsourcing is dumb".

His name has slipped my mind, perhaps you can remind me... Twisted

Quote:
I kinda went off there, the real reason i'm posting is to ask, what in your opinion qualifies someone as a proven performer?

Someone with a consistent record of accessibility, accountability, good judgment and hard work. Someone who's clearly in it for the good of the community, not for the ego-massage. Someone you can trust.

And in response to your question about Hans, while he doesn't have a track record on CSM, he got involved in an issue last year and showed (in my opinion) the required qualities for a potentially good CSM.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Taiwanistan
#134 - 2012-03-06 02:01:07 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Trebor... you know that CCP is curently developing not one, but TWO avatar based games, do you? Roll

As i already stated some weeks ago, EVE has grown as big as it can grow being such a freaky disthopy as it is. It already is there, nullsec will not draw in any more people to the game, face it. So it better starts appealing to people who currently play the game and leave after being faced to the only endgame it provides.

You say it: it's niche. And the niche is over. When CCP's average player is 30+, they are really wrong treating this customers as if they could revolve their whole lives around EVE.

Get a clue:

Online gaming for grown ups

Besieging crap for hours is NOT an option. Being forced to grind asteroids for hours is NOT an option. And losing your hard earned sutff to a bunch of teenagers and jobless punks is NOT an option.

All in all, EVE must be the less fun game i ever played. And I didn't played it for being fun, actually, but because of goals and being able to achieve them. But once it burns out... it burns out. Nullsec is crap and everything else is in varied degrees of being broken, abandoned or non-existant.

Time to vote to stay the course... Doh!

Maybe not, huh?


hey trebor the only way to save eve online is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekyXMQ7U8Y

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Snow Axe
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#135 - 2012-03-06 02:05:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Besieging crap for hours is NOT an option. Being forced to grind asteroids for hours is NOT an option. And losing your hard earned sutff to a bunch of teenagers and jobless punks is NOT an option.


Besides the fact that you absolutely don't have to do either of the first two options at all, your opposition to the third idea just makes me realize the game isn't for you. Losing all of your stuff to anyone (jobless/teenage or otherwise) is not only an option for Eve, it's an option that is outright NECESSARY for very large parts of the playerbase. Fighting against this is akin to going onto a WoW forum and saying the fantasy setting is "NOT an option".

Don't take it personally or anything - Eve is a niche game, and it well and truly isn't for everyone. However, that niche basically revolves around the fact that at ANY point in the game, docked or otherwise, your stuff is at some degree of risk. If that is unacceptable or incomprehensible for you, there's not much left to say aside from "try another MMO".

Also, a nitpick perhaps considering you basically hate the game, but Eve is probably one of the friendliest games for a 30+ crowd with jobs/lives/etc due to the combination of AFK skill progression and CCP-sanctioned isk buying. Not having to log in and grind for ANYTHING is an option few other MMO's can offer, if any.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Hanoch Wheel
Free Wheeling Industries
#136 - 2012-03-06 02:32:07 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:


hey trebor the only way to save eve online is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekyXMQ7U8Y


Caldari Mindcrash is brutal.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#137 - 2012-03-06 05:01:30 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Trebor... you know that CCP is curently developing not one, but TWO avatar based games, do you? Roll

As i already stated some weeks ago, EVE has grown as big as it can grow being such a freaky disthopy as it is. It already is there, nullsec will not draw in any more people to the game, face it. So it better starts appealing to people who currently play the game and leave after being faced to the only endgame it provides.

You say it: it's niche. And the niche is over. When CCP's average player is 30+, they are really wrong treating this customers as if they could revolve their whole lives around EVE.

Get a clue:

Online gaming for grown ups

Besieging crap for hours is NOT an option. Being forced to grind asteroids for hours is NOT an option. And losing your hard earned sutff to a bunch of teenagers and jobless punks is NOT an option.

All in all, EVE must be the less fun game i ever played. And I didn't played it for being fun, actually, but because of goals and being able to achieve them. But once it burns out... it burns out. Nullsec is crap and everything else is in varied degrees of being broken, abandoned or non-existant.

Time to vote to stay the course... Doh!

Maybe not, huh?

don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

just like you didn't when you got booted out of your space lawl

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#138 - 2012-03-06 05:04:55 UTC
I can buy and sell you both ingame and irl poor man

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Peter Powers
Terrorists of Dimensions
#139 - 2012-03-06 10:25:51 UTC
proven performer: elise randolph.

3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications

Josef Djugashvilis
#140 - 2012-03-06 12:13:17 UTC
I can buy and sell you both ingame and irl poor man


just had our parental allowance increased?

This is not a signature.