These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[EVEOTS] Eve Online Teamspeak 3 API Registration with PHP5 v1.8

First post
Author
Hired Assasin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#101 - 2012-02-13 12:16:08 UTC
yeah as far as im aware the program doesn't check the database for current clients. so if you manually delete from the teamspeak database you would need to manually delete from the API database

Teamspeak 3 with API and Web Interface Hosting with Member Rewards!! : http://alturl.com/asde8 Catch me on EVE Gate, im allmost always on it!

MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#102 - 2012-02-13 18:55:56 UTC
Correct. You should never manually fiddle with the TS Database or the EVEOTS Database unless you absolutely know what you are doing and keep them sync'd. Use the admin panel or let the cron do it's work.

The invalid ID error was the cron trying to delete someone you already deleted or otherwise disappeared from the Teamspeak Database. To make sure no further damage was done it didn't change anything and just gave you the error.

MJ
KIARiley
New Eden Observatory
#103 - 2012-02-24 21:55:46 UTC
Hi

we seem to be having some issue with char's that have ' in the name it is coming through as Y\'atolila Yatolila when trying to use eveots, any one know how to fix this.

Many Thanks

KIARiley
MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#104 - 2012-02-25 17:38:42 UTC
EVEOTS has no problems registering people with a ' in their name. Where are you seeing that?

There is a glitch where I accidentally made it print a "safe" version of the characters name which it uses. But it should ask you to join without the \.
KIARiley
New Eden Observatory
#105 - 2012-02-26 21:33:09 UTC
Hi

its when they goto step 2 then we get
An error occured: Make sure you have entered your character name correctly. (Error: Invalid or missing list of names.) [195]
Character: J\'Poll

Thanks

Riley
MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#106 - 2012-02-27 00:02:20 UTC
That's the glitch where you see the \. It is not an error though.

Is the account recently reactivated? Basically the CCP API server is not providing a list of names on that account for some reason. Have you tried it since? Sometimes the API server just trips up.
KIARiley
New Eden Observatory
#107 - 2012-02-27 05:51:55 UTC
Hi there

i beleieve the account is a reasonable old one, so not sure what is going on.

Regards

Riley
Priscilla Lyons
Orbital Systems Solutions
#108 - 2012-03-08 19:24:46 UTC
Did you get a reply from Hired Assasin on this topic?

"You are charging for my registration system and on top of that there have been numerous cases of you providing no credit. I would politely ask you to either stop this immediately or contact me regarding an arrangement."

Does this mean we need to pay ISK for your registration system?
MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#109 - 2012-03-10 03:33:17 UTC
You don't need to pay anything for my system; though donations are appreciated. Assassin is charging people for it and that's my problem.

We haven't sorted the issue yet.
KongGal
Circle-0f-Two
Circle-Of-Two
#110 - 2012-03-26 07:56:39 UTC
im looking for a way to disable Corp / alliance ticker when you register so like you are getting told to set your name to X13 KongGal it would just be KongGal since our Permissions are set up with ticker and also it say that x13 is X13 so how can i do so it aint capital letter the first in ticker
Hired Assasin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#111 - 2012-03-26 09:24:41 UTC
KongGal wrote:
im looking for a way to disable Corp / alliance ticker when you register so like you are getting told to set your name to X13 KongGal it would just be KongGal since our Permissions are set up with ticker and also it say that x13 is X13 so how can i do so it aint capital letter the first in ticker

you will really need to go into the script and modify it, if you are using the crons you would also need to modify them aswell. but once you tinker with it you can get it working the way you want.

Teamspeak 3 with API and Web Interface Hosting with Member Rewards!! : http://alturl.com/asde8 Catch me on EVE Gate, im allmost always on it!

KongGal
Circle-0f-Two
Circle-Of-Two
#112 - 2012-03-26 09:52:15 UTC
Hired Assasin wrote:
KongGal wrote:

you will really need to go into the script and modify it, if you are using the crons you would also need to modify them aswell. but once you tinker with it you can get it working the way you want.

What files would be needed to be edited
MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#113 - 2012-03-26 14:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: MJ Maverick
Be very careful when you do this. You can cause a lot of trouble if you don't know what you are doing.

X13 is your ticker, not x13, that is your corps name.

First, remove bot.php from any cron jobs in your servers schedule.

Now, the tricky bit. Go into the admin panel and edit ALL the members (Raiden. lol) and enter their new name without any tickers.

Edit index.php and where ever you see code like:

Quote:

$nickname = $corpTicker." ".$c->spacer." ".$character;

Remove remove anything before "$character" ONLY where $character is stated (6 times in all, use Ctrl+F and search "$nickname") to look like this:
Quote:

$nickname = $character;

Finally you can re-enable any cron job schedule and pray you did it right.
KongGal
Circle-0f-Two
Circle-Of-Two
#114 - 2012-03-26 18:22:31 UTC
MJ Maverick wrote:
Be very careful when you do this. You can cause a lot of trouble if you don't know what you are doing.

X13 is your ticker, not x13, that is your corps name.

First, remove bot.php from any cron jobs in your servers schedule.

Now, the tricky bit. Go into the admin panel and edit ALL the members (Raiden. lol) and enter their new name without any tickers.

Edit index.php and where ever you see code like:

Quote:

$nickname = $corpTicker." ".$c->spacer." ".$character;

Remove remove anything before "$character" ONLY where $character is stated (6 times in all, use Ctrl+F and search "$nickname") to look like this:
Quote:

$nickname = $character;

Finally you can re-enable any cron job schedule and pray you did it right.

Yep that did it
Is there a way to predefine the password for the server in the config to be informed to accepted players in step 2?

since i have a password on my server and they are yelling at me since they cant connect since when the press the connect link then it just ask for a password that was not provided
MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#115 - 2012-03-27 00:59:45 UTC  |  Edited by: MJ Maverick
You can, but I did it that way to be more secure. You are taking risks otherwise, the password is there for the world to see for anyone with the slightest know-how.
Karnhell
Pandorum Industrie's
#116 - 2012-03-27 04:03:52 UTC
Error: Your API must be an account API (Character: All), not a character API. Please update your API key.

Is there any reason why an "ALL" API key is required? Can it be changed so that people submitting their API's aren't giving out the names of all their alts as well?
Linus Crolkish
Pizza Orgasmica and Brewing Ltd.
#117 - 2012-04-11 20:22:24 UTC
MJ Maverick
Hybrid Industrial
#118 - 2012-04-12 00:31:05 UTC
Looks great Linus. I love to see what people can do with EVEOTS and am always pleasantly surprised! It's the main reason I made it as easy to mod as I could, keeping the code simple.
Karnhell
Pandorum Industrie's
#119 - 2012-04-14 21:59:26 UTC
Karnhell wrote:
Error: Your API must be an account API (Character: All), not a character API. Please update your API key.

Is there any reason why an "ALL" API key is required? Can it be changed so that people submitting their API's aren't giving out the names of all their alts as well?

bump for answer please
Linus Crolkish
Pizza Orgasmica and Brewing Ltd.
#120 - 2012-04-14 22:01:41 UTC
Karnhell wrote:
Karnhell wrote:

bump for answer please

Because EVEOTS collects all characters bound to a single account to get rid of duplicate entries.