These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Little things / Small QoL suggestions

First post First post
Author
Sian Neue
Phoenix Connection
#241 - 2017-06-24 14:55:55 UTC
Feature: an undo option on set destination.

Notes: Sometimes whilst looking at the map, or intel you click set destination to see how far from your location it is, it would be nice to have an undo button which would revert to your previous destination should you decide not to go to the new one.

It would make navigation a fair bit easier I think
Axure Abbacus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#242 - 2017-06-25 15:41:07 UTC
PVP code the client so your player base is a standing bot army to defend the server against Ddos attacks. Eve Counter-strikes bot army's would be cool.

It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

John Haret
Toxic Squadron
Northern Coalition.
#243 - 2017-06-26 04:33:38 UTC  |  Edited by: John Haret
New hangar animation.
When I was start play this game, the hangar animation has simple idea: "Your ship is located in a place, where you can inspect it from all sides".
It's great for view all small things, but does't give feel his size. Excluding.... Excluding capital ships, some of them do not fit on display (like apostol).
But when I watched CCP youtube channel, i saw this http://joxi.ru/KAg00kEcgg7aGr (https://youtu.be/7FPA2Bh6g0g?t=96).
When i first see this, i was say - "why not?"
You(CCP) always say, that players must feeling how the space is big, but now big only citadels.
Milusio
Visitors.
#244 - 2017-06-26 15:01:41 UTC
Fixing Delivery Service

by implementing Shared Hangars independent from corporate and personal hangars.

The problem with corporate hangars is people can be excluded from using them, and the matter of fact is, players often use multiple accounts, so asset management with current solutions is a pain. The trade window is annoying, and the Delivery Service is just no enough of asset management tool, and the purpose of contracting was to trade with other players, and not an asset management tool.

Simple fix: Shared Hangars

• A player can host a Shared Hangar and ADD and REMOVE access to it, at will. Like a mailing list, just with assets.
  • The Shared Hangar could be setup as Localized - only in the station it was created, or Global - the shared hangar will appear in every station/citadel.
  • The creator of a Shared Hangar could grant roles to other players.
  • Two types of Shared Hangars - for Modules and for Ships.

With this simple solution managing assets between accounts could stop being a pain, like it's now.

PS. And for the love of God, make dragging a player's name into the Delivery Window possible.
Henri Alabel
Dane Solo Corp Inc
#245 - 2017-06-28 09:41:59 UTC
Suggestion: Make cargo hold dividable
Keywords: ui, inventory management
Note: A little annoying when coming back from mission and having to go through cargo to find your ammo, mtu, mobile depot, cap booster nanite etc among all the loot and salvage.
If you could have two sections in cargo bay, one for you ship support items and one for loot/salvage/transport. Would make things a little easier

Sly Mangeiri
Solarmark
#246 - 2017-07-05 00:24:47 UTC
Suggestion: Reminders, timers, stopwatch, task management
Keywords: In-game, Productivity
Note: Useful for industry, logistics, corporations
---
When I logged on today, I'm sitting in lowsec thinking "Hey, I wonder how my PI is doing." But then I remember that I had just set up some extractions a day ago, and that I should worry about it tomorrow when the extractions finish.

What I would rather do is create a reminder for myself that pings me after 48 hours with a custom message like "Go to MY_PLANET in MY_SYSTEM and haul out your Oxidizing Compound and start a new extraction job.". Or maybe I want to remind myself to refill my POS after such amount of days, or to haul off some moon rocks/researched BPCs, or to refill a corp hangar with Ammunition. My industrial operations can be kind of complex and if I take a break from the game, I have no f-ing clue what I was doing before =D.

Some basic task management software might be useful for corps; maybe everyone has a checklist that they can open. The corp/manager can add tasks to the list, or the pilot can add their own, such as "Patrol such and such area" or "Scan down system".

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#247 - 2017-07-05 12:25:57 UTC
Suggestion: ---------------------------------------

(just ignore comment, it's just for my bookkeeping :P)

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Destriouth Hollow
Star-Destroying-Warlords
#248 - 2017-07-07 10:13:28 UTC
Suggestion: Ability to combine and split Blueprint-Copies
Keywords: assets, blueprints, copies
Note: Let us combine and split Blueprint-Copies of the same type, as long as they hve the same ME/TE.
---
Currently Blueprint-Copies clogg up the inventory and having many copies of different blueprints in the same station is really inconvinient. Allow the "stack" button to stack runs and allow us to rightclick "split runs"
Thalen Broadside
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#249 - 2017-07-08 16:21:47 UTC
Suggestion: Auto-refresh of right click menu in space
Keywords: ui
Note: Allow selection of post warp options without having to manually force a menu refresh
---
An example of this, say I'm landing on a wormhole, and I want to setup an orbit. Currently If I open the right click menu to select an option before the ship fully "lands", I have to close that menu or at minimum select a different submenu in order for the "post warp" options to become select-able. For most commands I could just spam the hotkey ("lock" for example), but sometimes it is easier to use the right click menu, and fidgeting in a tense situation to refresh a memu can be a pain.
Destriouth Hollow
Star-Destroying-Warlords
#250 - 2017-07-13 09:50:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Destriouth Hollow
Suggestion: Give (Pilgrim , Falcon, Arazu, Rapier) +10% bonus to Core and Combat Probe Scanner Probe strength per level. Or to any other Cruiser-type instead.
Keywords: T3-Cruiser, Cruiser, Scanning, Generalization vs Specialization
Note: T3-Cruisers are currently the only viable endgame scan-ship bigger than frigates.
---
T3-Cruisers were ment as Generalization-Ships that can adapt to multiple roles of other ships. Currently however the only endgame scanners ingame are covert ops frigs and t3 cruisers. There is no other ship that has more tank than a frigate with 50% probe strength bonus. Currently there is no alternative for scanning-bonused cruisers. T3 Cruisers have a nieche where no other ship comes close.
Masamunegoro
Azure Falcon
#251 - 2017-07-17 02:28:06 UTC
Suggestion: Drone control buttons in the drone window
Keywords: Drone, UI
Note: More accessible drone control

Currently, to control individual drone or drone groups pilots have to make sure they click on the object first, then the drone/group, then use the "selected item" menu. How about just putting control buttons for the selected drone group in the window itself and leave the selected item window exclusively for the overview so the controls are a little less finicky.
Anarchist4000
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#252 - 2017-07-17 04:42:20 UTC
Suggestion: Add Container Warning to Couriers With Containers in Them
Keywords: UI, Courier, Contract
---
People accepting courier contracts frequently don't know if a Courier Contract has a container in it before accepting it. It would be very beneficial to anyone who typically deals with courier contracts if they could tell if there's an assembled container in the contract before accepting it. A simple "Cargo Container Warning Icon" in the Courier Contracts window could help avoid this issue by informing anyone accepting said contracts that there's a container in it before they accept it.
Anarchist4000
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#253 - 2017-07-17 04:59:20 UTC
Suggestion: Allow Reverse Engineering on Stacks of Relics
Keywords: Industry, Invention, Reverse Engineering
---
When Reverse Engineering Relics you essentially have a stack of 1 run BPCs but this only allows 1 attempt to be queued per slot but when inventing on actual BPCs there is always a single item with a run count frequently well above 1 which allows a series of attempts per submitted job. It would be great if the stack size for relics could be treated as a run count when submitting Reverse Engineering(Invention) jobs.
StormSpoon67
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#254 - 2017-07-22 14:44:32 UTC
Suggestion: Make scanner probes that can scan down afk cloaked ships
Keywords: campers, cloak, probe, scanning
Note: Campers leave afk cloaked ships in system 24/7 that makes everything liable to be dropped on; at least make them be non-afk to be safe cloaked up so they can't threaten 24/7
Dante Graydon
Phoenix Connection
#255 - 2017-07-23 15:37:10 UTC
The industry/manufacturing window has an option to buy all missing materials already, however these can only be set to sell orders, allow us to set up buy orders in the same fashion please.
Sly Mangeiri
Solarmark
#256 - 2017-07-23 17:29:26 UTC
Suggestion: Improve latency of opening industry window.
Keywords: Industry, Science, Manufacturing, Performance
Note: You could do several things like stream in blueprint data rather, do batching rather than 1 big request, start loading blueprints when the player logs in and create a subscribe mechanism to listen for changes and update only when changes are received.
noone kun
Hisp Eto Corporation
#257 - 2017-07-26 21:11:29 UTC  |  Edited by: noone kun
Suggestion: adding new rogue drone guns
Keywords: modules
Note: adding new type of turrets - rogue drone turrets that are having an OLD beam laser animation and shoot explosive. im shure amarr pilots will love it.

Suggestion: remote accepting/declining missions
Keywords: missions, gameplay
Note: remote communication with npc agents will free mission runners from boring useless flying from one solar system to another and make this process more.. cinematis, as you guys wanted.

Suggestion: linking saved locations, mission locations, combat site locations, probe scan results into chat channels
Keywords: gameplay
Note: this will make communication between players more easy and comfortable: no need to copy personal location by dragging it into corporate locations, no need to share locations by contracting or dropping bookmarks into cargo container. you just link it and you fleetmates can immideatly warp in.

Suggestion: Compaction of npc ships
Keywords: nps gameplay
Note: idea is to make npc ships to feel more like player ships, for example: npc dominix having hitpoints, dps, armor repair rate of player piloted dominix (but not all 5 officer fitted, like you did to burners)
this will be helpful for all of us:
for players: nps ships will feelt like a real enemy, not like asteriods with guns. dozens of which die in a few minutes in combat sites or missions.
for developers: less npc's means less math to do on server side, less lags from flashy animations, more resourses spent on players.
Sly Mangeiri
Solarmark
#258 - 2017-07-27 02:53:03 UTC
Suggestion: Rename drone groups
Keywords: Combat, Drones
Note:
Max Nebular
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#259 - 2017-07-30 23:59:21 UTC
Suggestion: assign shortcut keys for probe x-y axis view
Keywords: shortcuts, scanner, probe

It makes no sense to move your mouse away, to double click in empty space, when it should be staying were the action is...
Ace Centauri
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#260 - 2017-08-01 16:27:47 UTC
Suggestion: Button to order inventory by Isk/Volume.

Keywords: Button, Inventory, Cargo, Efficiency

Notes: As it is now you can order by either, but if you are trying to dump stuff in such a way as to preserve isk efficiency in your cargo hold this option would make it that much easier to do, rather than calculating and estimating every time.