These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

As an official response to CCP tuesdays nerf

First post
Author
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#21 - 2017-06-11 11:10:37 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
they want to hurt us in our wallet's lets hurt them in there's

Where?

Their's lots of place where there could be. I just want to be sure I know which one.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Aedaxus
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2017-06-11 11:12:08 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
I propose that as a proportional response to CCP's Tuesday Nerf we as the community Cancel our Eve Vegas tickets and demand a refund and that en-mass cancel our paid accounts. they want to hurt us in our wallet's lets hurt them in there's

Sure but how about the colatteral damage ?

Local business for people in Las Vegas ?
The Airlines? Why make them a victim ? Also why make others a victim to pay cancellation fees?
And that rare ship? Why does it needs to be rarer?

So many questions... I guess only the 1%ers can answer. And since i'm a poor player I don't have to worry too much. I know, I know one day they will nerf my drake but then I'll come to protest ingame. Can I bring my drake? Or did everyone already unsub?
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2017-06-11 11:17:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme Sake
Been pondering... if you have 50 alts and you post with your main does it make it official?

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#24 - 2017-06-11 11:29:37 UTC
This chart explains the carrier nerf: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/May_2017/9aaa_top.sinks.faucets.over.time.png

Look at the slope of the bounty line. I expect the nerfs will continue until it levels off at or near the long term average of 1T/month. The bounty payouts should only grow if the rest of the economy is growing and that is not the case.

Mining is ultimately self correcting - if the value of minerals drops low enough people will stop harvesting them. Mining is, however, a basic source of income for new players. The law of diminishing returns should hit someone running a Rorqual fleet in nullsec a lot harder than a Venture miner in highsec.

The pirate battleship nerf should have happened months ago. Given the price/performance of those ships - why would anyone fly anything else?

People who injected their way to Rorqual/carrier pilots did the game a substantial service - the extractors benefited CCPs bottom line, the injectors are consumable so they pulled a lot of ISK out of the game and they also pull SP out of the game since they don't transfer 100%. All good stuff.

If you don't want to go to Vegas, sell your ticket to someone who does - don't expect CCP to buy it back. The world doesn't work that way.
Aedaxus
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2017-06-11 11:48:35 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:
Been pondering... f you have 50 alts and you post with your main does it make it official?

Yes, it even makes it legally binding under Caldari Law.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#26 - 2017-06-11 11:53:11 UTC
Do Little wrote:
People who injected their way to Rorqual/carrier pilots did the game a substantial service - the extractors benefited CCPs bottom line, the injectors are consumable so they pulled a lot of ISK out of the game and they also pull SP out of the game since they don't transfer 100%. All good stuff.

but they will think twice to do it again next time. It's like they being lured to buy SP. "Oh look we will buff carriers and rorq" and after few months said hulls being nerfed because players using them to the level it's threating the economy. Fozzie always put a sentence in his "balance" threads - "we can always adjust it later". It almost never work because said adjustment never comes in time.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2017-06-11 11:56:54 UTC
Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2017-06-11 12:53:21 UTC
A goon crying about a rorq and carrier nerf. Oh noes.

You guys produce more in Delve doing that crap than pretty much the rest of the game combined. Of course you're crying.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Hilti Enaka
Space Wolves ind.
Solyaris Chtonium
#29 - 2017-06-11 12:59:55 UTC
I can't really agree with CCP on this nerf. CCP have brought this on themselves through their bad decision making from past "nerfs". A lot of the decisions they have make put plasters on severe wounds and expect, "everything will be alright". Let me run through a list of things:
1. Despite the research that goes into gamification, ccp seemingly ignore best practices. One such example is to continue to deploy "features" and "mechanics" that require hundreds of people to become sheep. A perfect example of this is the new sov mechanic. whilst it stops things like station flipping, it forces people into creating huge alliances and coalitions to get a slice of the pie. The research says when people have specific roles and responsibilities the feel more part of the overall community/game. If I were to apply this to Eve, I would rather see CCP create a game play that isn't mandated by huge amounts of people being sheep.
You're probably wondering what this has to do with the post - Over the years there have been some terrible decisions the first being the point above. The 2nd being the punishment of seeking out content. I am, of course talking about jump fatigue. Again, not to be bias the intention was correct, however it significantly reduces the opportunity for any sort of content and once again papering over the cracks.
3. Has to be NPCs and how they target everything and anything. I remember the days of being able to go out to hunt ratters in a reacon but this profession seemingly died with the NPC change - I questioned why NPC would target my reacon when I am helping the NPCs kill something that is killing them, the answer I got was NPC don't take sides.
4. Moon mining - this change is going to screw the game up royally. If you look at the spike in NPC bounty payouts it falls directly in line with CCP's desire to do away with moon mining being, although a I disagree with this statement, a passive form of income. If Fozzie thinks this is at all going to generate content I have to say WTF?
The point I am making here is this, CCP make terrible decisions, they hope it will improve the game instead they end up pissing people off entirely and you can see this directly in the daily active users. i remember days of seeing nearly 60k online every single day.
Content is drying up - if you're lucky and find content, its dull and predictable, let them rat in carriers and supers but give us the ******* tools to disrupt it and ruin someones days. I'm talking about things like more NPC warp scrambling and disrupting NPC's. I'm talking about BS NPC's warp disrupting carriers and supers as an alternative to fighter DPS nerf. Stop nerfing **** because of graphs and listen to your customers. Give us incentives to hunt these types of ratters and then give us the tools to kill it. As an alternative to carriers and super carriers ratting havens how about a specific module that can be deployed in space that acts as a beacon for anoms specifically for carriers and supers (make havens and sanctums less appealing) and if it gets destroyed the anoms don't spawn. The module has a small amount of HP meaning small 5 man gangs can go whale hunting. Like i said, the devs needs to get out of this swinging the nerf hammer, CREATE CONTENT stop ******* nerfing **** and being lazy developers.
Skorpynekomimi
#30 - 2017-06-11 13:52:29 UTC
So, how many of these whiners are goon forum alts?

Economic PVP

Keno Skir
#31 - 2017-06-11 14:01:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Aedaxus wrote:
Smuff Gallente wrote:
I propose that as a proportional response to CCP's Tuesday Nerf we as the community Cancel our Eve Vegas tickets and demand a refund and that en-mass cancel our paid accounts. they want to hurt us in our wallet's lets hurt them in there's

Sure but how about the colatteral damage ?

Local business for people in Las Vegas ?
The Airlines? Why make them a victim ? Also why make others a victim to pay cancellation fees?
And that rare ship? Why does it needs to be rarer?

So many questions... I guess only the 1%ers can answer. And since i'm a poor player I don't have to worry too much. I know, I know one day they will nerf my drake but then I'll come to protest ingame. Can I bring my drake? Or did everyone already unsub?

Lel. They nerfed Drakes years ago. They were good once (unless you knew how to fit Kinetic tanking modules).
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#32 - 2017-06-11 14:05:26 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:

You guys produce more in Delve doing that crap than pretty much the rest of the game combined. Of course you're crying.

It's not that I'm defending goons but why should players be punished for using the space they live in? It's not goons fault that CCP can't proper balance their own game.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2017-06-11 14:07:01 UTC
Adapt or Die. Get Good Again. Stop your Whining. Roll
Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2017-06-11 14:13:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Galente
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Jason Galente wrote:

It's not that I'm defending goons but why should players be punished for using the space they live in? It's not goons fault that CCP can't proper balance their own game.

Except now they are enacting the patch to balance the game, and goons are crying, trying to prevent it.

This patch is CCP balancing its game.

Punishing goons would be doing something other than fixing the imbalance, like trying to retroactively take away all the product of the absurd economic activity in the past.

I don't think we should expect goons not to use the space they live in to the extent they're able to do so by the game's limits. The issue is the game's limits. Hopefully this patch addresses that.

In my opinion it doesn't go far enough. Two years of keepstar plopping, have fun trying to evict Goons. No group in the game should ever be allowed to be made totally unassailable.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#35 - 2017-06-11 14:22:19 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Jason Galente wrote:

Except now they are enacting the patch to balance the game, and goons are crying, trying to prevent it.

This patch is CCP balancing its game.

Punishing goons would be doing something other than fixing the imbalance, like trying to retroactively take away all the product of the absurd economic activity in the past.

I don't think we should expect goons not to use the space they live in to the extent they're able to do so by the game's limits. The issue is the game's limits. Hopefully this patch addresses that.

In my opinion it doesn't go far enough. Two years of keepstar plopping, have fun trying to evict Goons. No group in the game should ever be allowed to be made totally unassailable.

They patch it because well oraganised group of players take it to the level of an exploit. Goons didn't create imbalance, CCP did. They just showing that CCP lack of imagination.
As for your keepstar comment, again where is the goon fault in that?

Radkiel
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#36 - 2017-06-11 16:42:53 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
All ten of you nullbears and your 50+ alts each are going to cancel your tickets to an event?
Oh noes.

Stop whining already. They've been steadily ******* with high-sec for years, and this is the only time it's affected your overinflated supply of free money. You nullbears have no idea how the economy works, you just sit there PvEing all day on ten accounts rolling n the ISK and showing up for CTAs, or docking up when someone rolls into the system.
Maybe when you can't trade all that ISK for real money, you'll get REALLY mad. What are you gonna do then? Unsub? Oh, you already did that.
You're like tiny little dogs thinking they can stop a train by yapping at it.

You have no idea of what you are talking about. You think people are using ten accounts to multi-box Anoms with Supers without a third party program?,you have proof? Using software like ISboxer? Isn't using ISboxer against the rules? If it is why not go after the cheaters instead of punishing me? It sounds some multiboxer touched you in the wrong place.

P.S I only have three accounts and only one of those can fly carriers.

Resist.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#37 - 2017-06-11 16:47:33 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:

Nope
Skorpynekomimi
#38 - 2017-06-11 16:54:34 UTC
Radkiel wrote:
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
All ten of you nullbears and your 50+ alts each are going to cancel your tickets to an event?
Oh noes.

Stop whining already. They've been steadily ******* with high-sec for years, and this is the only time it's affected your overinflated supply of free money. You nullbears have no idea how the economy works, you just sit there PvEing all day on ten accounts rolling n the ISK and showing up for CTAs, or docking up when someone rolls into the system.
Maybe when you can't trade all that ISK for real money, you'll get REALLY mad. What are you gonna do then? Unsub? Oh, you already did that.
You're like tiny little dogs thinking they can stop a train by yapping at it.

You have no idea of what you are talking about. You think people are using ten accounts to multi-box Anoms with Supers without a third party program?,you have proof? Using software like ISboxer? Isn't using ISboxer against the rules? If it is why not go after the cheaters instead of punishing me? It sounds some multiboxer touched you in the wrong place.

P.S I only have three accounts and only one of those can fly carriers.

Resist.

This is what they call 'damage control', or 'being defensive'. Maybe you should go back to not afk-ing your money?

What happened to 'goons don't mine', anyway? I see Delve is way up on afk mining as well. I guess it's okay to do stuff if it involves a capital ship, right?

Economic PVP

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#39 - 2017-06-11 16:54:58 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Jason Galente wrote:

It's not about goons, every null region has carriers and supers swarming over combat anomalies more so than before CCP introduced fighter squadrons.. Goons are just the most active at it.

If it had been allowed to go on those carriers and supers would have eventually turned EVE into Zimbabwe money wise, or worse, the Chinese EVE server....

For the record, these events are vindication of a sorts for me, in the past when we all here have talked about pve income imbalances the high sec crowd would shout "JUST BUFF NULL, don't take away from my high sec income"!!

Well, this is what happens when you Just Buff Null instead of CCP balancing PVE income opportunities across EVE with an eye towards how much safety is worth...
Skorpynekomimi
#40 - 2017-06-11 17:05:44 UTC
Wait, what happened with Somer Blink? And what's IWI?

Economic PVP

Previous page123Next page