These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Mini-blog] The Next Steps in Structure Transition

First post First post
Author
Aernir Ridley
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#21 - 2017-04-11 18:03:18 UTC
Will Caldari and Minmatar null sec stations still be "kickout" stations (as in the undock point being outside of the docking radius)?

"For most people, the sky's the limit... For those who love aviation, the sky, is home."

-Cheers! :D

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2017-04-11 18:05:02 UTC
Haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere: is there any intention to alter/remove/etc the NPC stations in empire and pirate sov 0.0?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Circumstantial Evidence
#23 - 2017-04-11 18:18:06 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
And it's implied in your posts, but not explicitly stated: will the faction Fortizars be destroyable as current Fortizars are? If so, does this mean that over time and eventually, there will be zero faction Fortizars with no replacements possible?
Team Five-0 wrote:
For the first week after the transition event these new faction Citadels will be invulnerable to allow their owners to set their preferred vulnerability schedule.
I think its pretty clear ;) Vulnerable, therefore destructible, non-replaceable Faction citadels with a unique model... how many will go straight to un-anchoring after the transition? I read some stuff about a lack of CCP content for the summer, but the way this is being set up ... capsuleer "content" may fill the void. On transition day, what large nullsec organization will be named on the most landmarks? (In space they have no interest in holding?)
Jackex Tivianne
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#24 - 2017-04-11 18:32:01 UTC
Looks like a big set of changes! One thing I didn't see mentioned is support for dispensing noobships added to Citadels. Are there still plans to add that feature?
Atum' Ra
Nomen-illis-Legio
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#25 - 2017-04-11 18:37:55 UTC
I'm sorry, but I don't understand in what these faction citadels are better that other citadels???
Why should we be interested to keep them?
Why is this update paid such attention? It's nothing more than a history of New Eden.
Milla Goodpussy
The Knights Armada
#26 - 2017-04-11 19:05:49 UTC
what about players who have researched BPO's of those platform eggs?

what about players that were told they'd get reimbursed for having that ancient crap!

what about the sov holders who were hoping to be paid out based on the value of the outpost in order to fund their keepstar project!!

this entire idea you came up with fozzie sucks.. so you sit there and provide an event for wrecking balls to steal stations on the last day then they'll get a free faction citadel in its place..

this is so wrong that its just wrong!!!

and may god have mercy on Provi!
Circumstantial Evidence
#27 - 2017-04-11 19:10:05 UTC
Atum' Ra wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand in what these faction citadels are better that other citadels???
Re-read post #2.


  • The “Immensea” Conquerable Station replacement Citadels will gain extra defensive benefits, hitpoints and slots
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#28 - 2017-04-11 19:39:41 UTC
Aernir Ridley wrote:
Will Caldari and Minmatar null sec stations still be "kickout" stations (as in the undock point being outside of the docking radius)?

Allow me to introduce you to this mechanic called..... Tethering.
Rowells
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#29 - 2017-04-11 19:55:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rowells
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
what about players who have researched BPO's of those platform eggs?

Good question.

Milla Goodpussy wrote:
what about players that were told they'd get reimbursed for having that ancient crap!

Probably get angry at the person who told them that. As far as I've seen, CCP has been purposely vague about this process until now because they hadn't decided yet.

Milla Goodpussy wrote:
what about the sov holders who were hoping to be paid out based on the value of the outpost in order to fund their keepstar project!!

They can still sell them if they don't want the new structures. Otherwise them hoping for more isk was kind of a long-shot anyway.

Milla Goodpussy wrote:
this entire idea you came up with fozzie sucks.. so you sit there and provide an event for wrecking balls to steal stations on the last day then they'll get a free faction citadel in its place..

Not CCPs problem at all if the owners can't hold their assets under normal mechanics. People were told outposts were going to be nuked one day. If they thought they were going to get a free ride until then, that's their own problem.
Fish Hunter
Blacksteel Mining and Manufacturing
Renaissance Federation
#30 - 2017-04-11 20:06:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Fish Hunter
Circumstantial Evidence wrote:
Atum' Ra wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand in what these faction citadels are better that other citadels???
Re-read post #2.


  • The “Immensea” Conquerable Station replacement Citadels will gain extra defensive benefits, hitpoints and slots


Thats only refering too the conquerable stations. The oupost replacement citadels have a unique look and come with the same upgrades as the outpost was. These citadels will be much more generalized than the normal citadel.
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#31 - 2017-04-11 20:11:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
Interesting way to replace Outposts, sounds fun for everyone involved :) With good tradeoffs.
Quote:
and some of which will be placed in the cargohold of the Citadel.


Wait what? Shocked

Either that "buffer of free fuel" will be stored in a non-existent place, and the "cargohold" is actually the fuel bay... Or the "buffer of free fuel" will be in the fuel bay, and the "cargohold" is a new feature Big smile

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Alia Nadasdy
Imperial's Capsulers
#32 - 2017-04-11 20:26:05 UTC
C-J6MT belonged to the Red Alliance for a very long time. And you here so want to delete this story?
My friend several times participated in the battles for C-J6MT in the ranks of the legendary Alliance.

C-J6MT = Red Alliance: https://images.stopgame.ru/uploads/images/412837/form/2015/11/08/normal_1447005846.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jXGd1.jpg

"We are the Harbingers of hope, We are the Sword of the Righteous"

"We are a shadow of the former greatness of the Empire"

Purist Lord Admiral Victor

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2017-04-11 20:29:46 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Aernir Ridley wrote:
Will Caldari and Minmatar null sec stations still be "kickout" stations (as in the undock point being outside of the docking radius)?

Allow me to introduce you to this mechanic called..... Tethering.


If they wanted to be a-holes, they could still make the point where your ship model "spawn" when you undock outside of the tethering range. I don't think they will but it's definitely not impossible.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#34 - 2017-04-11 20:55:36 UTC
RIP Thukker Assembly Arrays and Drug Labs.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#35 - 2017-04-11 21:02:51 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere: is there any intention to alter/remove/etc the NPC stations in empire and pirate sov 0.0?

No... why you ask ?

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#36 - 2017-04-11 21:12:59 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
Good changes! It looks like you guys have put a lot of thought into this, and it shows. Two questions:

You mention that during the transition, some assets will be automatically to asset safety "as needed". Can you elaborate?

And it's implied in your posts, but not explicitly stated: will the faction Fortizars be destroyable as current Fortizars are? If so, does this mean that over time and eventually, there will be zero faction Fortizars with no replacements possible?



Likely based on who has access. So if the person cannot dock there, their assets will automatically be put into asset safety.

If the second question is true, then hopefully they will leave behind some epic wrecks marking the location of the former faction citadel. But I think they mentioned the possibility of other faction citadels during fanfest, just nothing to bet on.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Circumstantial Evidence
#37 - 2017-04-11 21:13:31 UTC
Alia Nadasdy wrote:
C-J6MT belonged to the Red Alliance for a very long time. And you here so want to delete this story?
Do not worry! During the fanfest presentation, they said important events, major battles - would be recorded.

  • ...a monument describing some of the historical significance of that particular system and station...

The final owner's name will be a small note. (Watch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133986045 - 5:54:30) CCP will ask, in months ahead, for events to write on the landmark.


Frostys Virpio wrote:
...they could still make the point where your ship model "spawn" when you undock outside of the tethering range. I don't think they will but it's definitely not impossible.
Check the "Faction Citadel Image" link in post #2. The dotted circle is not shown in full, but seems to center on the new Citadel. I expect they will be just as "safe" for undock tethering as other Citadels.
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#38 - 2017-04-11 21:18:11 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere: is there any intention to alter/remove/etc the NPC stations in empire and pirate sov 0.0?

No... why you ask ?


Likely because they don't like the freedom people have to live in NPC null.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Rowells
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#39 - 2017-04-11 21:21:13 UTC
Petrified wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere: is there any intention to alter/remove/etc the NPC stations in empire and pirate sov 0.0?

No... why you ask ?


Likely because they don't like the freedom people have to live in NPC null.

Who doesn't?
Rowells
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#40 - 2017-04-11 21:27:05 UTC
What will happen to market orders and contracts during the change?