These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Mini-blog] The Next Steps in Structure Transition

First post First post
Author
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2017-04-11 21:27:38 UTC
Petrified wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere: is there any intention to alter/remove/etc the NPC stations in empire and pirate sov 0.0?

No... why you ask ?

Likely because they don't like the freedom people have to live in NPC null.

Oh behave yourself, we utilise NPC stations just as much as empire residents do.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#42 - 2017-04-11 22:25:14 UTC
typical ccp fashion half explain then run off and not provide answers.

well hey buddy.. you still haven't answered anything regarding the other uses of starbases transistion

what about cyno jammers/beacons/jump bridges.. bro

you haven't brought this mess up yet... we still need POS and POS is way better than these "beg for content" structures you're coming up with..

when will we get the hull bpo's seeded and what the hec happens to the station bpo's that are researched already..

Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#43 - 2017-04-11 23:02:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Murkar Omaristos
By making faction citadels destructible and unanchorable, you have basically just given a huge middle finger to every station-owning null sec power. PL and others will just steamroll these pre-patch to get them, or blow hem up post-patch to get the shiny KMs. This is not a suitable replacement for our outposts, this is a free for all and a huge "**** you" to the people who have built and maintained those outposts over the years by turning them into much more valuable but much weaker structures.

You have basically just handed all of the faction citadels to PL on a silver platter. Well done.
Jediseah Tophet
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#44 - 2017-04-11 23:20:09 UTC
Murkar Omaristos wrote:
By making faction citadels destructible and unanchorable, you have basically just given a huge middle finger to every station-owning null sec power. PL and others will just steamroll these pre-patch to get them, or blow hem up post-patch to get the shiny KMs. This is not a suitable replacement for our outposts, this is a free for all and a huge "**** you" to the people who have built and maintained those outposts over the years by turning them into much more valuable but much weaker structures.

You have basically just handed all of the faction citadels to PL on a silver platter. Well done.

This has been CCP's long term plan. To make everything in the game dynamic and changeable where nothing should be permanent. Everything in the game should be mutable and destructible. Rare items can become more rare or forever lost just like the real world. Not everything is replaceable thus making it even more valuable.

I welcome the change and the dynamic that players can directly influence that change for the good and/or bad. Don't like PL? Organize something against them. Etc.
Helderharrim
Nuevos Horizontes
#45 - 2017-04-11 23:37:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Helderharrim
Alia Nadasdy wrote:
C-J6MT belonged to the Red Alliance for a very long time. And you here so want to delete this story?
My friend several times participated in the battles for C-J6MT in the ranks of the legendary Alliance.

C-J6MT = Red Alliance: https://images.stopgame.ru/uploads/images/412837/form/2015/11/08/normal_1447005846.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jXGd1.jpg

Maybe this can be solved if you list in the monument the first and the last owner, besides all the stories around the station.
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#46 - 2017-04-11 23:56:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Petrified
Rowells wrote:
Petrified wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere: is there any intention to alter/remove/etc the NPC stations in empire and pirate sov 0.0?

No... why you ask ?

Likely because they don't like the freedom people have to live in NPC null.

Who doesn't?

Well... I like the freedom Blink

Scatim Helicon wrote:

Oh behave yourself, we utilise NPC stations just as much as empire residents do.

Now now, I do need some fun at Goon expense. Lol

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#47 - 2017-04-12 01:30:56 UTC
Jediseah Tophet wrote:
Don't like PL? Organize something against them. Etc.

lolk let me just get my 150 titans ready
Aleverette
Bag ol' Dciks
#48 - 2017-04-12 02:19:53 UTC
What about Thukker Assembly Array and Hyasyoda Research Lab?
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#49 - 2017-04-12 02:49:33 UTC
Rowells wrote:
It's going to be really neat seeing nullsec outpost models in empire space

I wonder how highsec/ NulSec NPC stations will be handled as far as ownership, vulnerability and destruction gets handled.

What happens to all those nice safe LowSec NPC stations where FW dudes stage and live?

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2017-04-12 02:55:29 UTC
Endecroix wrote:
Thanks for letting us know you will be giving special attention to the Faction labs. May I respectfully point out that the Hyasyoda lab is an Epic Arc reward and therefore something notable and it would be a shame if the Caldari Epic Arc reward didn't get parity with the other lines and that previous Epic rewards weren't upgraded at this time.

The Epic Arcs I know don't mean a lot to most but to some of us they do and it's good to get some positive ISK reward from them along with the faction standing. I am not asking for anything special here just parity with the Amarr implant etc.

Agree 100%.

Also I'd like to know what happens to all the Hyasyoda lab's that haven't been activated and are still sitting in players assets ?

Seems to me CCP is too quick and hell bent on getting player stuff destroyed that they don't bother looking at anything else associated with those assets.

DMC
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#51 - 2017-04-12 04:29:39 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Rowells wrote:

I wonder how highsec/ NulSec NPC stations will be handled as far as ownership, vulnerability and destruction gets handled.

What happens to all those nice safe LowSec NPC stations where FW dudes stage and live?

As far as the current plan (or any hinted/discussed plans) they're not changing at all.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#52 - 2017-04-12 04:51:17 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Rowells wrote:

As far as the current plan (or any hinted/discussed plans) they're not changing at all.

Although I understand the reasons why, I still feel it is a shame especially for LowSec.

I don't fancy wading through all the fanfest footage - Are HighSec and LowSec stations being treated the same as those in Nul as far as industrial things go?

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#53 - 2017-04-12 05:13:52 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:

Although I understand the reasons why, I still feel it is a shame especially for LowSec.

I don't fancy wading through all the fanfest footage - Are HighSec and LowSec stations being treated the same as those in Nul as far as industrial things go?

Unless I've totally missed something nothing is happening to any NPC stations.
Only the Conquerable ones are changing.

It is possible I've missed something of course, but I doubt it.
oiukhp Muvila
Doomheim
#54 - 2017-04-12 05:38:18 UTC
I've never heard of any destructible NPC controlled stations yet. Only player controlled ones.

xOmGx
Heroic Farming inc.
#55 - 2017-04-12 06:09:12 UTC  |  Edited by: xOmGx
CCP are you ret@rded?

Why the F you want to remove POS after over 10 years of good service?

Why you want us to pay 10-20 time MORE for LESS functionality and protection? ( no forcefield, no automated guns)
Where are my laser guns on the citadels? all i see is Caldari crap missiles...

What is wrong with outposts? leave them alone... they have been part of eve for very long and have costed a lot of time and resources to build

Better go fix things that need fixing (claim system is just bad at the moment LOL), make PvE suitable for groups (solo 10/10 is very poor pve content guys)
Aleverette
Bag ol' Dciks
#56 - 2017-04-12 06:13:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Aleverette
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Endecroix wrote:
Thanks for letting us know you will be giving special attention to the Faction labs. May I respectfully point out that the Hyasyoda lab is an Epic Arc reward and therefore something notable and it would be a shame if the Caldari Epic Arc reward didn't get parity with the other lines and that previous Epic rewards weren't upgraded at this time.

The Epic Arcs I know don't mean a lot to most but to some of us they do and it's good to get some positive ISK reward from them along with the faction standing. I am not asking for anything special here just parity with the Amarr implant etc.

Agree 100%.

Also I'd like to know what happens to all the Hyasyoda lab's that haven't been activated and are still sitting in players assets ?

Seems to me CCP is too quick and hell bent on getting player stuff destroyed that they don't bother looking at anything else associated with those assets.

DMC

Maybe CCP just simply forgets about them :P
Lavayar
Haidamaky
UA Fleets
#57 - 2017-04-12 07:25:37 UTC
Quote:
New Eden’s 68 Conquerable Stations have an especially important place in EVE player history. For most of their existence they made ideal locations for alliance home systems spread across the entire cluster. Conquerable Station Systems like NOL-M9, H-W9TY, C-J6MT, 1V-LI2, VFK-IV, BKG-Q2, C9N-CC, JV1V-O and FAT-6P have all been host to amazing Capsuleer achievements and epic stories full of drama and suspense.

Awesome! It's so good that you remember that those stations is not just a number on map.

But consider removing this statement "These structures will eventually be replaced by new Upwell items with a transition process beginning over the summer". Because whoever owns those stations now are not connected with those deeds.
Andraea Sarstae
Circle of Steel Inc.
#58 - 2017-04-12 09:38:32 UTC
As a director of a small Alliance that owns three outposts, and has for the past 6 years, I am looking at this with sadness.

By making them unique and irreplaceable, you've painted a huge target on Provi's back. You're setting us up as irresistible bait - the estimates I've heard are in the 10's of Trillions for the ~80 that we have in Providence - and while I'm sure we'll fight, we're not going to be able to beat the large coalitions who will be looking at all the ISK just hanging there in space.

I get what you're trying to do, but really it just feels ****** to know that our 6 years of building and maintaining our stations together, and occasionally having to fight to get them back, is just going to be tossed out the window for some new owner that might have it for as little as a few hours.

I remember the huge group efforts we took to build them and upgrade them over the years, and it was one of the things that brought us together as a team, as it was something big that we could all contribute towards, and put our mark on the game.

This is our station. There are many like it, but this one is ours.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't remove outposts, I understand why they need to be destructible, but to achieve that goal, you don't have to do this unique, one-time only faction item thing. It just guarantees that the big boys will take most of them over the next 6-9 months, and keep them with firepower that we simply can't match.

And Providence is a unique region in Eve. It's seen as a bit of a game preserve, where people can come to get fights 24/7, 7 days a week, where neutrals are allowed access to all the fruits of nullsec, and there is a lot of history tying the Alliances that live there with Providence. A lot of that history is that of building outposts, with the goal for years to try and put one in every system. That's just what we did... we were scrappy builders who did something that no other region cared to do.

By making all those outposts special, unique items that are worth a ton of ISK, and can never be replaced, you're not really considering what that will do to all of the people who call Provi home, either as residents, neutrals or the hostiles that are there day in and day out making the game interesting for everyone.

In short, it sucks.

We built all of this over the course of more than a decade, and the fruits of that labor will go to groups that otherwise don't give two ***** about Providence.

Please reconsider making them unique. Seed the BPCs somehow, to lower the value of our stations, so that maybe we'll be able to hold on to some of them.

Thank you.
Andraea Sarstae
Circle of Steel Inc.
#59 - 2017-04-12 09:40:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Andraea Sarstae
As for POSes, the one use that has not been replaced is that of a cheap base for a short trip somewhere. A young corp or newbros can buy themselves a small tower, go into a WH and set up shop for an afternoon, a few days or a week, and then take it with them when they leave. You can't do that with a structure that takes 24 hours to anchor, and 7 days to unanchor.

So, why not just leave them in game as portable bases, with corporate hangars, and simple remove all the industry functionality from them? Or come up with a small citadel class that anchors and unanchors in under an hour?

I feel like that's the most glaring hole in the Starbase->Citadel design.

Also, the 7 day unanchor timer with the fact that expensive rigs get destroyed really is one of the driving forces behind citadel spam. Since it costs nothing to just leave them there, but it does cost time and ISK to take one down, people just leave them behind.

So, yeah, that needs to be addressed as well.
Atum' Ra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2017-04-12 13:40:53 UTC
Circumstantial Evidence wrote:
Atum' Ra wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand in what these faction citadels are better that other citadels???
Re-read post #2.

• The “Immensea” Conquerable Station replacement Citadels will gain extra defensive benefits, hitpoints and slots

These benefits are only for “Immensea” - they are satisfactory but very dubious... In comparison with all other standard citadels. Because now we have all citadels with production complexes in one system and the benefits for faction citadels are not good enough to relocate our production complexes anywhere.
I do not see any motivation.
Just as I don't see any motivation to attack systems with outposts.