These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can we get rid of CSM after the recent PLEX insider trading fiasco?

First post
Author
Salvos Rhoska
#121 - 2017-03-17 15:22:25 UTC
Linus Gorp wrote:
CCP isn't going to pursue any legal actions over a CSM NDA breach because it would be way more hassle than it's worth, but they won't leave it unpunished either. They take appropriate measures, which means EVE-related actions (i.e. in the form of bans).


Breach of NDA is an IRL legal issue.
CCP knows the identity of CSMs.
CSMs are not just players, they are real persons entrusted with company sensitive data, and bound to not share it or profit from it.

If its true that a CSM has leaked/profited from privileged NDA bound information, it also puts the CSM project in jeopardy.
(Not like its the first time...)
Alderson Point
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2017-03-17 15:22:27 UTC
Well, what happens in the real world when insider trading has had a Major impact on the value of a commodity or stock?

If it is true, CCP should freeze the market in plex, announce a massive, if not the biggest plex sale in history! Change their mind on wiping out all the small players Aurum, let it flood into destabilise the market and after a week and afterCancelling all buy and sell orders, allow the market to refloat!

No tears will be shed for the corrupt, who lose their shirts over this.
Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2017-03-17 15:22:45 UTC
Are they deleting Aurum from the game or do I have to read the 17 100 pages.
That is way more than 1 or 2 pages , 4 pages or 10 pages.

Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#124 - 2017-03-17 15:30:27 UTC
Veine Miromme wrote:
Are they deleting Aurum from the game or do I have to read the 17 100 pages.
That is way more than 1 or 2 pages , 4 pages or 10 pages.
You might try reading the Blog. It's far less than a page.

Mr Epeen Cool
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#125 - 2017-03-17 15:58:09 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
CCP isn't going to pursue any legal actions over a CSM NDA breach because it would be way more hassle than it's worth, but they won't leave it unpunished either. They take appropriate measures, which means EVE-related actions (i.e. in the form of bans).


Breach of NDA is an IRL legal issue.
CCP knows the identity of CSMs.
CSMs are not just players, they are real persons entrusted with company sensitive data, and bound to not share it or profit from it.

If its true that a CSM has leaked/profited from privileged NDA bound information, it also puts the CSM project in jeopardy.
(Not like its the first time...)


I just don't know if CCP is willing to make any real bans if someone is found guilty of breaching the NDA. The last time CCP did something about it, it was when they banned someone from being on the CSM. Essentially, this mean you could in theory always get leaks for your alliance if you ahve a big enough voting block to put a new guy in every years.
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#126 - 2017-03-17 16:03:12 UTC
someone told CCP to burn all their financial aurum documents.

the CSM water-cooler vault said they had seen smoke coming out the top of the building in Iceland and some how fozzie was dancing in his underwear around a large fiyaaaah.
Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2017-03-17 16:12:33 UTC
Quote:
...
The New New Eden Store
With a much smaller PLEX, we can easily set up the New Eden Store catalog in PLEX prices rather than Aurum and let you use PLEX from your vault to buy things there. The coexistence of PLEX and Aurum has always been a heavy burden on anyone who wanted to buy something from CCP. Whether you just wanted a SKIN or you wanted to buy the smartest item to trade with other players to get ISK, you had some math to do. With Aurum out of the picture and PLEX taking over in the NES, buying should be much less confusing.

What about Aurum?
Aurum had its run but we are excited to move forward with PLEX only.


How can I get a pitcher?


+
Quote:
The coexistence of PLEX and Aurum has always been a heavy burden on anyone who wanted to buy something from CCP.
I disagree.

I have a few pilots to login with perhaps a small amount of Aurum.
How can I verify their Aurum amount?
Do I have to activate the pilot?
Or the storage data will simply be freed for newer, perhaps friendly pilots, from this forfeiture.?
(the last question looks like a question, but it's only a question in tone, not in essence. I don't use Aurum for fuel.)

Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

Scialt
Universal Sanitation Corporation
#128 - 2017-03-17 16:16:53 UTC
I don't get why people believe this is some sort of conspiracy.

Here's the price of plex over the last year in the Forge.


https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/link/10000002/29668


The only real oddity is how flat plex prices were since December. No offense... but this looks pretty normal.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#129 - 2017-03-17 16:18:35 UTC
Girka Kring wrote:
Recently PLEX prices went up by 20%.


And PLEX volume didn't change at all from the normal pattern until the day the announcement was made. That tells us the pressure on PLEX prices doesn't come from demand (from someone buying them up, as you claim) but from supply. People are apparently not buying quite as many from CCP. It only takes a small change in that number, over time, to start sending prices upward.

Your conspiracy theory is founded on a complete lack of understanding of basic economics. I'm not surprised you created a new alt to post this nonsense.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#130 - 2017-03-17 16:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#131 - 2017-03-17 16:36:24 UTC
It's funny how some people are already starting a lynch mob. It's certainly possible that one or more CSM members have relayed some insider info they shouldn't have, but it's also quite possible they haven't. So far we do not know if any insider trading has happened or if the CSM was involved, so I suggest to not talk of a "insider trading fiasco" and lynch the CSM just yet. We should let IA figure this out first before we jump to conclusions and randomly blame people without any solid information on the matter.
Brigadine Ferathine
506 Irregulars
#132 - 2017-03-17 16:37:03 UTC
mkint wrote:
Kalemi wrote:
If there's any foul play there should be a pretty easy to follow paper trail.

The questions are 1) If CCP would actually admit to it, 2) what kind of punishment should be passed out.

1) CCP has reason to keep it under wraps, as discrediting the CSM would be bad publicity. As far as I can tell, it sounds like most of the devs don't particularly like the CSM anyway and every CSM basically has to start over every year. This might just neuter the CSM, especially since all the influence they might have is pretty unofficial anyway.

2) a 20% price jump in this kind of price-vs-volume item wouldn't be easy for just 1 person to manipulate. They would have to involve an alliance financing it. So who gets punished? If the CSM member didn't care anyway and was just trolling before quitting the game, there isn't really any way to punish them. So, how far down the hill does the sh*t roll?

On the other hand, if it was a CCPer, would we even hear about it? They might be able to hide their involvement better, and there might be even MORE incentive to keep it under wraps. Unless there's some public confession by the perpetrator (assuming it was an employee), we'll probably never even hear about it.

The big thing that concerns me about this conspiracy is the trade volume. Even though the price jump was big, the volume stayed pretty normal, though I'm not good enough with these kinds of graphs to know if that would still be within the expected behavior in the case of a leak.

CCP would never own up to it. They have gotten unbelievably greedy.
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#133 - 2017-03-17 16:40:36 UTC
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
mkint wrote:
Kalemi wrote:
If there's any foul play there should be a pretty easy to follow paper trail.

The questions are 1) If CCP would actually admit to it, 2) what kind of punishment should be passed out.

1) CCP has reason to keep it under wraps, as discrediting the CSM would be bad publicity. As far as I can tell, it sounds like most of the devs don't particularly like the CSM anyway and every CSM basically has to start over every year. This might just neuter the CSM, especially since all the influence they might have is pretty unofficial anyway.

2) a 20% price jump in this kind of price-vs-volume item wouldn't be easy for just 1 person to manipulate. They would have to involve an alliance financing it. So who gets punished? If the CSM member didn't care anyway and was just trolling before quitting the game, there isn't really any way to punish them. So, how far down the hill does the sh*t roll?

On the other hand, if it was a CCPer, would we even hear about it? They might be able to hide their involvement better, and there might be even MORE incentive to keep it under wraps. Unless there's some public confession by the perpetrator (assuming it was an employee), we'll probably never even hear about it.

The big thing that concerns me about this conspiracy is the trade volume. Even though the price jump was big, the volume stayed pretty normal, though I'm not good enough with these kinds of graphs to know if that would still be within the expected behavior in the case of a leak.

CCP would never own up to it. They have gotten unbelievably greedy.



they cant be too greedy if they're begging for people to pay to play the game. F2P has failed
Brigadine Ferathine
506 Irregulars
#134 - 2017-03-17 16:52:00 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
mkint wrote:
Kalemi wrote:
If there's any foul play there should be a pretty easy to follow paper trail.

The questions are 1) If CCP would actually admit to it, 2) what kind of punishment should be passed out.

1) CCP has reason to keep it under wraps, as discrediting the CSM would be bad publicity. As far as I can tell, it sounds like most of the devs don't particularly like the CSM anyway and every CSM basically has to start over every year. This might just neuter the CSM, especially since all the influence they might have is pretty unofficial anyway.

2) a 20% price jump in this kind of price-vs-volume item wouldn't be easy for just 1 person to manipulate. They would have to involve an alliance financing it. So who gets punished? If the CSM member didn't care anyway and was just trolling before quitting the game, there isn't really any way to punish them. So, how far down the hill does the sh*t roll?

On the other hand, if it was a CCPer, would we even hear about it? They might be able to hide their involvement better, and there might be even MORE incentive to keep it under wraps. Unless there's some public confession by the perpetrator (assuming it was an employee), we'll probably never even hear about it.

The big thing that concerns me about this conspiracy is the trade volume. Even though the price jump was big, the volume stayed pretty normal, though I'm not good enough with these kinds of graphs to know if that would still be within the expected behavior in the case of a leak.

CCP would never own up to it. They have gotten unbelievably greedy.



they cant be too greedy if they're begging for people to pay to play the game. F2P has failed

They have to beg people to play the game BECAUSE they are greedy. They have been so focused on using eves profits to create failed games and create more micro transactions that now eve has nothing to show for itself.
Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2017-03-17 16:53:54 UTC
for the record
all it takes for PLEX prices to go up
is for the players to set the price of them up

they can set the price of the sale value up
and they can set the price of the buy value up
this can be done in the place order interface system

they can also buy plex up, while their value is up , to validate the increase up value of the plex value for sale

they can also sell plex up, if a player wants to buy them, which , after he buys them increase the up value of the plex.


2.
CCPs has similar parts than other system
however, due to their unique nature
it requires a defined armount of integration from other systems to work on their system and with their system

one simply cannot expect to make suggestion or suggestions hoping that it will work exactly as they mentioned without verifying the facts.
fact-finding tools are important for such design or suggestions
to omit the results from those facts for future implementation of design may lead to similar results where new data need to be analysed from survey because the previous facts were not included in the design / analysis and it may take more resources to get accurate data.

(as the system grows and expand, so will the ... not finished)

Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

Zanthar Eos
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#136 - 2017-03-17 17:12:40 UTC
Baseless claims are my favorite way to ruin things in the game!
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#137 - 2017-03-17 17:16:32 UTC
Zanthar Eos wrote:
Baseless claims are my favorite way to ruin things in the game!


no m8, ccp is already ruining it.
we just help it Cool
Janeos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#138 - 2017-03-17 17:18:20 UTC
They need to add a tinfoil hat to the nuPLEX store.
Grognard Commissar
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#139 - 2017-03-17 17:23:53 UTC
zomg, insider trading!
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#140 - 2017-03-17 17:42:56 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Girka Kring wrote:
Recently PLEX prices went up by 20%.


And PLEX volume didn't change at all from the normal pattern until the day the announcement was made. That tells us the pressure on PLEX prices doesn't come from demand (from someone buying them up, as you claim) but from supply. People are apparently not buying quite as many from CCP. It only takes a small change in that number, over time, to start sending prices upward.

Your conspiracy theory is founded on a complete lack of understanding of basic economics. I'm not surprised you created a new alt to post this nonsense.


PLEX are already spread thin....it would a change of about 5% in supply to make the price go crazy.

The OP didnt explain why extractors also rose at the same time while injectors crashed either. Or how it all tied into the Rorqual changes which hit on the same day.