These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: PLEX Changes On The Way!

First post First post First post
Author
Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
#201 - 2017-03-16 19:56:01 UTC
Don't care about 500 PLEX vs. 1 PLEX for 30 days of time. Same end result either way.

Do care about the PLEX vault. There should not be any form of secure asset transfer in EVE. If you want to move any other item, even items far more valuable than a PLEX, you have to use a ship and be vulnerable in space. Why should a PLEX be any different? If you want to move it to a new location you should have to take the risk just like any other cargo. And if that means stupid people get ganked and lose their expensive cargo, well, everything working as intended IMO.
Drake Aihaken
CODE.d
#202 - 2017-03-16 19:59:24 UTC
Kismeteer wrote:
Are we have any of the questions in this thread answered by CCP or the CSM?

Like... Who leaked the info on the new PLEX, for instance?
u3pog
Ministerstvo na otbranata
#203 - 2017-03-16 20:07:33 UTC
Phelt54@ - your character looks like Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek. Lol

/offtopic

I remember CCP Falcon's posts regarding the safety of the Universe and he has always been behind the dangerous one. I don't think everyone in CCP shares the same enthusiasm behind every idea, but in every pool there is a bigger fish that sets things in motion.

As for me, I don't mind both ideas. Gankers already have plenty of other things to fish for, they just lost the biggest fish that's all Big smile

Whether I'd be calling it an omelette or fried eggs, 1 PLEX or 500 PLEX, nothing scary about that.

P.S. I am waiting on the big news - player built gates, hopefully we'll hear the big plan in April. Cool
Mokada Akiga
Bah Weep Grah Na Weep Mini Bahm
#204 - 2017-03-16 20:07:56 UTC
TwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted This is just another way to milk MORE cash out of us players, nothing more. And to be honest, if 1 months of game play is 15 bucks, then 1 plex should also cost only 15 bucks. they equal are they not? Someone post a screen shot of the current plex pricing, mark my words, it will cost us more for the same we have been getting now.
Lavayar
ANGELGARD.
Red Alliance
#205 - 2017-03-16 20:10:32 UTC
Merin Ryskin wrote:

Do care about the PLEX vault. There should not be any form of secure asset transfer in EVE. If you want to move any other item, even items far more valuable than a PLEX, you have to use a ship and be vulnerable in space. Why should a PLEX be any different? If you want to move it to a new location you should have to take the risk just like any other cargo. And if that means stupid people get ganked and lose their expensive cargo, well, everything working as intended IMO.

Another one who didn't understood the change.
PLEX will be no ingame item anymore. It'll be new premium currency. And "vault" is just premium wallet. Actually it can't be named "Pilot's License Extension" anymore. Everything else is fuss to hide the truth.

And damn you CCP!
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvatt
Initiative Associates
#206 - 2017-03-16 20:10:50 UTC
Mokada Akiga wrote:
TwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted This is just another way to milk MORE cash out of us players, nothing more. And to be honest, if 1 months of game play is 15 bucks, then 1 plex should also cost only 15 bucks. they equal are they not? Someone post a screen shot of the current plex pricing, mark my words, it will cost us more for the same we have been getting now.

Plex, unlike subscription, is able to be traded and sold for isk. You can't sell your sub for isk. Thats the way it was meant to be.

As others have said, I'd like to see smaller time-allotments. It makes perfect sense, and with the new split I see no reason why not. If anything, this would benefit alphas. Being able to go omega for a small amount of time, or for an already omega to gift something to an alpha without spending over a billion.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#207 - 2017-03-16 20:12:43 UTC
I like the change. Aurum always felt like a 5th wheel.

Since you are making big changes to PLEX: Can you bring the price of a PLEX in line with the price of a 1 month subscription?
At the moment, PLEX costs 20€, 1 month subscription costs 15€. Make them both cost 15€ please.
Col Crunch
Fancypants Inc
The Skeleton Crew
#208 - 2017-03-16 20:13:14 UTC
Mokada Akiga wrote:

Considering that plex has more uses than 1 month of game time, it therefore has more value and should cost more than a sub. However I do not expect this change to affect pricing.
Mokada Akiga
#209 - 2017-03-16 20:15:13 UTC
i have current pricing saved, shame you can't add a picture to a post.
Drake Aihaken
CODE.d
#210 - 2017-03-16 20:16:08 UTC
So when will we have access to exclusive paid ships and modules? Lol
Mokada Akiga
#211 - 2017-03-16 20:17:29 UTC
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais wrote:
Mokada Akiga wrote:

Plex, unlike subscription, is able to be traded and sold for isk. You can't sell your sub for isk. Thats the way it was meant to be.

As others have said, I'd like to see smaller time-allotments. It makes perfect sense, and with the new split I see no reason why not. If anything, this would benefit alphas. Being able to go omega for a small amount of time, or for an already omega to gift something to an alpha without spending over a billion.

That's the market place, you could always just purchase a plex with RLM and then gift it to that person.

My guess for no attachments is so payers can't post stuff from CCP screws us over.
SyD Apolony
The Synaptic Cleft
#212 - 2017-03-16 20:20:26 UTC  |  Edited by: SyD Apolony
The Aur -> PLEX idea, i can live with, I agree with many here that the golden vault of happiness is a bit over the top, you are now forcing an interface change that puts you into the same category of many steam Pay-to win games that dont need to be named. however the biggest thing i would argue against the vault, ...DID CCP not JUST condemn doing a similar action within citadels, an exploit of the game? so you found an exploit where players could instamove things between citadels and thought, hey Lets hammer ban people for doing this, but lets also use it as a way to transport the most risky item in the game. I jsut found it ironic its basically the same mechanic you deemed an exploit recently.

+1 to adjusting prices of PLEX though, if you are going to granularize it so much, why not bring it into a closer relationship vs. price with a paid monthly sub?

Edit: next we will see kill mails with "gold" ammo and ships with no repair fees and infinite ammo that can only be bought with RMT.

just think entire fleets of golden immortal corvettes run by angsty alpha clones
Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
#213 - 2017-03-16 20:21:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Merin Ryskin
Lavayar wrote:
Another one who didn't understood the change.
PLEX will be no ingame item anymore. It'll be new premium currency. And "vault" is just premium wallet. Actually it can't be named "Pilot's License Extension" anymore. Everything else is fuss to hide the truth.

Oh, I understand it, and I disagree with it. PLEX is just fine as an in-game item and it should stay that way.
Col Crunch
Fancypants Inc
The Skeleton Crew
#214 - 2017-03-16 20:21:49 UTC
SyD Apolony wrote:
The Aur -> PLEX idea, i can live with, I agree with many here that the golden vault of happiness is a bit over the top, you are now forcing an interface change that puts you into the same category of many steam Pay-to win games that dont need to be named. however the biggest thing i would argue against the vault, ...DID CCP not JUST condemn doing a similar action within citadels, an exploit of the game? so you found an exploit where players could instamove things between citadels and thought, hey Lets hammer ban people for doing this, but lets also use it as a way to transport the most risky item in the game. I jsut found it ironic its basically the same mechanic you deemed an exploit recently.

+1 to adjusting prices of PLEX though, if you are going to granularize it so much, why not bring it into a closer relationship vs. price with a paid monthly sub?

Where is the mention of a price adjustment?
SyD Apolony
The Synaptic Cleft
#215 - 2017-03-16 20:23:36 UTC
Col Crunch wrote:
SyD Apolony wrote:

Where is the mention of a price adjustment?

apologies it was not in OP, it was in a post by Algarion Getz a few posts back ;) I should have quoted sorry ;)
Kharn Gorechild
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#216 - 2017-03-16 20:27:53 UTC
Excessive Microtransactions incoming. Watch them start selling plex at 400units a pop so you have to buy 2 for a month's worth of time
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#217 - 2017-03-16 20:30:01 UTC
Kharn Gorechild wrote:
Excessive Microtransactions incoming. Watch them start selling plex at 400units a pop so you have to buy 2 for a month's worth of time

Who the hell buy PLEX with RL money to get a month of game time?
Alderson Point
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#218 - 2017-03-16 20:33:50 UTC
Manic Velocity wrote:
I like the idea of unifying PLEX and Aurum, and the concept of making PLEX more granular in how it is bought and sold. These two things really simplify the mental gymnastics of how PLEX can be used. Good stuff there.

But I absolutely DO NOT like the concept of the PLEX Vault. This completely eliminates the risk/reward aspect of moving PLEX throughout the cluster, which will cause all PLEX prices to be completely stable across New Eden.

The PLEX Vault treats PLEX as a unique item which is always safe unless the player is exceptionally stupid. And that's not how EVE works. Destruction is vital to the sandbox, and the PLEX Vault reduces the chance of PLEX being destroyed to nearly zero.

The PLEX Vault feels like a hand-holding feature created specifically for newbros and Alphas who couldn't be bothered to do the bare minimum of research before purchasing PLEX. I get that CCP wants to invite and retain new players, but don't do it by babying them. It's insulting to their intelligence, and it will only serve to give them the wrong impression. EVE is not a place where you or your assets should feel 100% safe, EVE is not 100% fair, and that's exactly what makes the game worth playing.

Think of it logically, Imagine if you had to carry all your isk around with you all the time, sure a gold mine for gankers, but it would basically be an awful mechanic.

Why should game time be any different? Because new players will either see it as gametime or to convert to isk

Just because It was, does not mean it must always remain so. This is a good and logical move, even though some will feel cheated out of the occasional big payday.
Col Crunch
Fancypants Inc
The Skeleton Crew
#219 - 2017-03-16 20:34:16 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Kharn Gorechild wrote:

Who the hell buy PLEX with RL money to get a month of game time?

This person
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvatt
Initiative Associates
#220 - 2017-03-16 20:34:20 UTC
Kharn Gorechild wrote:

If you're buying plex from CCP to pay your sub, then you deserve to be ripped off.