These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

119.3 General feedback (PC)

First post
Author
Porucznik Borewicz
GreenSwarm
#41 - 2017-03-14 13:11:23 UTC
Tonto Auri wrote:
New probe and podscan UI both impossible to use. Not to mention absolutely unwanted link to solarsystem map that's next to impossible to find how to break without an outside help.
Nice lasers bro.
Warlogy
Mercury Arms Inc.
#42 - 2017-03-14 13:11:56 UTC
Tonto Auri wrote:
Xander Fade wrote:
Probe Scanner has some useless shortcuts for a type of a signal. 1 - for anomalies, 2- for signatures. Dont know who uses it. But a lot of ppl uses 1,2,3 etc shortcuts for their needs so it was annoying when using numeric shorcuts you get changes in probe scanner filter. But a least it happened only when scanner window accidentally gets focus. And now after great update it changes filters on Scanner window always has it focus or not. I hate you.

This, too.
People reporitng these shortcuts conflict with their weapon activation hotkeys.

This is breaking my gameplay, because the old d-scan is not working with the SCAN shortcut, and the new one has conflict with module activation... Why there is no option for these shortcuts??
Alhira Katserna
Deep Space Exploration And Exploitation
#43 - 2017-03-14 13:15:08 UTC
Inya Soldaris wrote:
I have a problem regarding my key bindings:

I binded my modules to the number keys 1-6(below the F1,F2,... keys).

As you may know you can change the filters with the same keys, which wasn't a problem before this patch since it only changed the filter if you had the dscan/probe window selected and then pressed one of the buttons.

Since the new patch it ALWAYS changes my filters. That means if I use a module it changes the dscan filter.

Any solution to this besides changing my key bindings(which is not acceptable of course)?

Btw this also means that you ALWAYS change filters of BOTH the Dscan and the Probe window if you press use one of the number keys. I don't think this is intendet.

I also found out that the numpad keys to change anything in the dscan/probe window.

I looked through all the key bindings options but found no way to make the number keys NOT change the filters. Sad

Yeah i have the same problem, it is very annoying.
Inya Soldaris
Wormhole Misfits
#44 - 2017-03-14 13:16:12 UTC
Xander Fade wrote:
Probe Scanner has some useless shortcuts for a type of a signal. 1 - for anomalies, 2- for signatures. Dont know who uses it. But a lot of ppl uses 1,2,3 etc shortcuts for their needs so it was annoying when using numeric shorcuts you get changes in probe scanner filter. But a least it happened only when scanner window accidentally gets focus. And now after great update it changes filters on Scanner window always has it focus or not. I hate you.

Yep this is a major problem!

Love all other changes though tbh Big smile
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#45 - 2017-03-14 13:17:24 UTC
Probe size slider doesn't move to absolute position when clicked like directional scanner sliders do.

So to change from 2AU to 8AU you need to click twice.
Plank Kouvo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2017-03-14 13:20:47 UTC
I think it would be good if you could change the contrast on the scanning window. The map display interface seems a little foggy to me.
Ocean Ormand
Bagel and Lox
#47 - 2017-03-14 13:24:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Ocean Ormand
Thank God we can turn the new directional scanner and probe scanner off. It used to be that i could have the directional scanner in its own little window which i could tab to every now and then to spam if i needed it. Now it seems pinned to the probe scanning window which covers the entire screen - and the whole thing won't pin to any of the other windows. Also that probe window - my gawd! whats with the giant green ball that masks every thing underneath it? Ultimately I just cant understand the thought process behind making everything more visually complex (i.e. prettier) but simultaneously less useful. Ease of use and simplicity in view are virtues that are continually being compromised in favor of needless flash.

Edit - ok figured out how to disconnect ds from the green blob - but that green blob - eww.

Second edit - regarding the green blob - is that supposed to be the ds cone? If it is it doesnt appear to be working - when i toggle the ds cone button - i just get a green disc that doesnt change (except in disc size when i play with ds angle) - its always a disc no matter which way i turn the map.
Halo Phase
Elliptical Orbit Inc
Rusty Stargazers
#48 - 2017-03-14 13:24:10 UTC
What in the name of Bob have you done to the Dscan? It is horrendous! How is it possible that we can no longer have the Dscan window open without having the bloody system map appear every time? Every single wormhole or gate you jump through now, the bloody autoscan kicks in, and when you get to the other side, the bloody map takes over! What were you thinking?
On top of this it does not seem possible just to have the little Dscan window open and casually scan whilst doing other things, oh no, not CCP, every time I want to scan I am forced to use the map. A truly epic bout of fail, and whoever is responsible for this cluster ****, should be hung, drawn, quartered, whipped and boiled! I can feel another burn Jita coming on unless this is changed.....
Cade Kenobi
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#49 - 2017-03-14 13:24:29 UTC
CCP please give me the option to turn off the awful d-scan and probe scanning noises before they give me ear cancer!
Sylvia Kildare
Kinetic Fury
#50 - 2017-03-14 13:25:21 UTC
Aves Asio wrote:
I tried the new probe scanner, i launched probes and noticed that you cant resize the probe radius by dragging the edges and that was it for me.

Thanks but i prefer the old system.

Now i just have to learn to deal with the awful sounds.

Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
Probe size slider doesn't move to absolute position when clicked like directional scanner sliders do.

So to change from 2AU to 8AU you need to click twice.

I used to drag the edge of probes to change radius...

... then someone told me about Alt + mouse wheel up/down... and my world was remade new.

I'll try the new slider, but I have a feeling I'll be sticking with Alt + mouse wheel as I won't have to move the mouse cursor from the map window back over to the probe scanner.
Porucznik Borewicz
GreenSwarm
#51 - 2017-03-14 13:30:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Porucznik Borewicz
Halo Phase wrote:
What in the name of Bob have you done to the Dscan? It is horrendous! How is it possible that we can no longer have the Dscan window open without having the bloody system map appear every time? Every single wormhole or gate you jump through now, the bloody autoscan kicks in, and when you get to the other side, the bloody map takes over! What were you thinking?
On top of this it does not seem possible just to have the little Dscan window open and casually scan whilst doing other things, oh no, not CCP, every time I want to scan I am forced to use the map. A truly epic bout of fail, and whoever is responsible for this cluster ****, should be hung, drawn, quartered, whipped and boiled! I can feel another burn Jita coming on unless this is changed.....
You can "undock" the scanning windows from the System Map. Go here for details. 119.3 - Issues (PC)
Inya Soldaris
Wormhole Misfits
#52 - 2017-03-14 13:30:19 UTC
Guys you can simply detach the Dscan from the solar system map and have it just like before the update.

At least open your eyes before you complain about stuff like this.
Seriously.
Minami Ikuta
Empire Trading Corporation
#53 - 2017-03-14 13:30:37 UTC
I do not want to see the map all the time in space. It is absolutely horrible. Also, I turned on the option for the old d scan, and that doesn't work for anything other than things on grid.
Please please rethink this.
Ocean Ormand
Bagel and Lox
#54 - 2017-03-14 13:30:45 UTC
Halo Phase wrote:

there is a little button that allows you to disconnect the ds from the probe scanning window/map. It took me some time to find it. Ultimately its just easier to turn the whole thing off. Such eye cancer.
Cocky Poo
Doomheim
#55 - 2017-03-14 13:31:28 UTC
Game is now junk,

Can't mine for a damn

everything is broken Great job CCP

can't Rat or lose all my fighters.
Twann Cesaille
Fuxi Legion
Fraternity.
#56 - 2017-03-14 13:32:32 UTC
Mine ammount nerf on excavators fine making those astroids so big that those excavators have to burn arround m
is just bad make these excavators stationary or make them not auto orbit that astroid is m3 nerf not enough?
Zaknussem
Everybody Loves Donuts
#57 - 2017-03-14 13:33:24 UTC
Congratulations on ruining yet another iconic ship by adding "new" graphics for the Cormorant hull.

Meanwhile truly fugly ships like the Imicus sit around untouched and drown New Eden in visual pollution.

You're doing a damn good job of alienating the older players from the game.
Brandon slater
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#58 - 2017-03-14 13:34:48 UTC
Hey, thanks for the continued work you guys do for the game! I don't ever post due to laziness but I felt overwhelming obligated to chime in. The scan noise on the D-Scan needs to have an on off toggle. Living in WH space and constantly hitting V followed by a long sound is driving me nuts. It bothers me so much that I bothered checking audio settings only to see there is no volume control for that action.

Please allow us to mute that sound. That is all.

Thanks,
Brandon o7
Halo Phase
Elliptical Orbit Inc
Rusty Stargazers
#59 - 2017-03-14 13:37:14 UTC
Ocean Ormand wrote:
Halo Phase wrote:

there is a little button that allows you to disconnect the ds from the probe scanning window/map. It took me some time to find it. Ultimately its just easier to turn the whole thing off. Such eye cancer.

If it was easy to find, no one would be complaining now would they? And even when you do find it, it does not work in all situations, so if you don't mind, I will continue to complain.
Awkward Pi Duolus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2017-03-14 13:42:51 UTC
See this is what I don't get - the probe interface and the directional scan interface was fine.

The map was terrible.

So... fit a better map to the old interfaces?

All these unnecessary changes just look like job security shenanigans..