These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[March] Balance Tweaks: Focused Warp Scrambling Script

First post First post First post
Author
Falcon Starwalker
Suboc Industries
#181 - 2017-02-23 21:58:37 UTC
Oh boo hoo, small gang PvP has something that causes the nano MWD gangs trouble. Overall the HIC has been in a crap role for a long time. Giving the infini point the scram was the first decent bonus this class of ship has had in a long time.

The class is slow, can't get any assistance and suffers from horrible base stats other than its tank. Penalizing the only decent ability this ship has just cause it can counter the 5K+ nano gangs, which are mostly immune to most other ships, is traditional CCP biased idiocy.

Yes I am straight up calling CCP devs biased, as many of the active devs are small gang PvP, which just so happen to fly broken ships like 5k orthruses that can only be affected by ships like HICs.

So yeah, good job with reducing the only useful aspect of a HIC in small gangs. Keep "balancing" this game to suit your play style and ignore the actual broken mechanics in the game.
Trajan Unknown
State War Academy
Caldari State
#182 - 2017-02-23 22:15:12 UTC
Ugly Eric wrote:
exiik Shardani wrote:
Ugly Eric wrote:
one thing ppl seem to have missed completely is the usage of hics as a antitackle platform. Especially the onyx and the devoter. Those two ships have been practically untackleable with frigs heretills. When the devoter with pulses or a onyx with rapid lights gets tackled by a frig, the frig has not had the slightest chanche of survival, unless bunch of logi keeping them alive.

Another point that has been almost completely dismissed here is the fact, that HIC's dont need to sacrifice anything else for the 40km scram, as it is a highslot module, whitch they all have a utility high for. Arazus, huginns etc. other controlplatforms all haveto sacrifice midslots for tackle. That has and will be a HUGE advantage for hics, even without 40km, but 21km scram.

And pls stop saying RIP HIC's, as this change in my mind still keeps them as very valid ship, but not having a completely unfair advantage to them. 21km scram is still very powerfull tool. Not to forget their 40km disruptor.

!

well did you realize that HIC cannot get remote reps but frig in your example can? as well 2 times cheaper arazu can be remote rep...
who care about 37km disruptor when any HIC is slow as fu... well as destroyer and everybody with little brain, mwd and small capacitor can manage easily escape...

if you need nerf HIC, it is still better to let them have scram like 28km when faction 37km is so huge problem...

btw. did you try fit devoter as solo combat ship? I think not... try fit it with heavy pulses and then speak about tank...

Well, actually yes. Quite a few times. Either by myself or by a corpie on a roam. Between us we have around 100 killmarks with the thing.

Quote:

[Devoter, Devoter **** tissue]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Medium Capacitor Booster II
Stasis Webifier II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
True Sansha Warp Disruption Field Generator

Medium Energy Locus Coordinator II
Medium Energy Metastasis Adjuster II

Warrior II x5
Acolyte II x5

Navy Cap Booster 400 x32
Focused Warp Disruption Script x1
Conflagration M x5
Scorch M x10
Imperial Navy Xray M x5
Imperial Navy Infrared M x5
Nanite Repair Paste x238

1741 m/s cold 2453 hot
304 dps with scorch to 39.7 + 6.25 km. cold.
262 hp/s tank cold 339.1 hp/s tank hot. Replace with AAR to get more peak tank.

Similar fit is possible to onyx with even better weapon DPS and aplication. Devoter has flight of small drones to top the 304 dps it pumps with pulses.

Thanks for some actual input on this topic. You are one, if not the only one who is actually putting up some numbers and give out some stuff to look at and compare to. Others just spit out random crap they can´t or don´t want to back up or simply sperging here.

So let´s get on the actual thing. May I ask why you prefer this thing over a dedicated tackler like Arazu? Your fit has no tank for a HIC, is slower than an Arazu (at least mine) by a lot and the only things that speaks for it is the long scram which I can match when using links and your 300 vs my 120dps. Sure, it is no infinite scram but I am not about tackling supers/plex farmers/DSTs. My damage is not as good as yours either but I am way faster, have longpoint, longscram plus dampener while sporting the same tank with more speed.

[spoiler]

[Arazu, Spooky]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Phased Muon Scoped Sensor Dampener
True Sansha Warp Scrambler
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

250mm Railgun II, Spike M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

Valkyrie II x3
Warrior II x2

Quafe Zero x1
Javelin M x800
Spike M x1200
Strong Mindflood Booster x1
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x1200
Caldari Navy Thorium Charge M x1200
Scan Resolution Dampening Script x1
Targeting Range Dampening Script x1

[/spoiler]

And all these other snowflakes, I am looking at you Suitonia and followers who sperg about the super tanky HICs all the time. Can you guys give a single example of a super tanky HIC that is actually capable of being used in small gangs? Because I can give you a bloody HIC too and call it out for being super tanky and whatnot but guess what? It is slow, it is clunky and it is getting outplayed pretty easy. It´s only purpose is, to lock down a certain area on grid/keeping a super/cap in place without getting shred by fighters within seconds. It tanks 5k dps cold and 6.5k dps hot while being cap stable under neut pressure without using cap charges but guess what else it does? It´s not moving pretty fast. The stats are with full crystals, pill and links before someone thinks you get that out of a "solo Onyx". Oh, did I mention it comes with a steep price tag? No? Well, it costs a lot and is not really something I´d fly for real except to tackle something like a super. You can downgrade the bling of course and lose out on tank to make it viable for shutting down a part of the grid vs smaller stuff but it is still a 1bil fit that can be outplayed without problems.

Suitonia
Order of the Red Kestrel
#183 - 2017-02-23 22:29:42 UTC
Falcon Starwalker wrote:
Oh boo hoo, small gang PvP has something that causes the nano MWD gangs trouble. Overall the HIC has been in a crap role for a long time. Giving the infini point the scram was the first decent bonus this class of ship has had in a long time.

The class is slow, can't get any assistance and suffers from horrible base stats other than its tank. Penalizing the only decent ability this ship has just cause it can counter the 5K+ nano gangs, which are mostly immune to most other ships, is traditional CCP biased idiocy.

Yes I am straight up calling CCP devs biased, as many of the active devs are small gang PvP, which just so happen to fly broken ships like 5k orthruses that can only be affected by ships like HICs.

So yeah, good job with reducing the only useful aspect of a HIC in small gangs. Keep "balancing" this game to suit your play style and ignore the actual broken mechanics in the game.

Orthrus' don't care about HICs, HICs killed small gang brawling battlecruisers and battleships more than they killed kiting ships. Orthrus was the one kiting ship that still performs fine with HICs around (Because it can tackle to 45km unlinked, and projects way past HIC scram range). Unfortunately for ships like nano BCs, most nano cruisers, they cannot and were removed from the metagame.

People keep citing HICs as a counter to the Orthrus and it's just not true. The Orthrus is overpowered, but Orthrus don't suffer nearly as much as any other casual kiting ship does, also HICs destroyed BS/BC brawling more than kiting, since the kiting gangs adapted to just running 100mn on everything or Keres support.

The only thing HICs counter is anyone not flying an Orthrus, or fitting 100mn and want to PVP in a cruiser or bigger, which hey surprise, is 80% of the current metagame.

I'm not looking forward to having to fly an Orthrus or 100mn for another 2 years.

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

Suitonia
Order of the Red Kestrel
#184 - 2017-02-23 22:36:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Suitonia
Quote:

Thanks for some actual input on this topic. You are one, if not the only one who is actually putting up some numbers and give out some stuff to look at and compare to. Others just spit out random crap they can´t or don´t want to back up or simply sperging here.

So let´s get on the actual thing. May I ask why you prefer this thing over a dedicated tackler like Arazu? Your fit has no tank for a HIC, is slower than an Arazu (at least mine) by a lot and the only things that speaks for it is the long scram which I can match when using links and your 300 vs my 120dps. Sure, it is no infinite scram but I am not about tackling supers/plex farmers/DSTs. My damage is not as good as yours either but I am way faster, have longpoint, longscram plus dampener while sporting the same tank with more speed.

[spoiler]

[Arazu, Spooky]

Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Phased Muon Scoped Sensor Dampener
True Sansha Warp Scrambler
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

Valkyrie II x3
Warrior II x2

Quafe Zero x1
Javelin M x800
Spike M x1200
Strong Mindflood Booster x1
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x1200
Caldari Navy Thorium Charge M x1200
Scan Resolution Dampening Script x1
Targeting Range Dampening Script x1

[/spoiler]

And all these other snowflakes, I am looking at you Suitonia and followers who sperg about the super tanky HICs all the time. Can you guys give a single example of a super tanky HIC that is actually capable of being used in small gangs? Because I can give you a bloody HIC too and call it out for being super tanky and whatnot but guess what? It is slow, it is clunky and it is getting outplayed pretty easy. It´s only purpose is, to lock down a certain area on grid/keeping a super/cap in place without getting shred by fighters within seconds. It tanks 5k dps cold and 6.5k dps hot while being cap stable under neut pressure without using cap charges but guess what else it does? It´s not moving pretty fast. The stats are with full crystals, pill and links before someone thinks you get that out of a "solo Onyx". Oh, did I mention it comes with a steep price tag? No? Well, it costs a lot and is not really something I´d fly for real except to tackle something like a super. You can downgrade the bling of course and lose out on tank to make it viable for shutting down a part of the grid vs smaller stuff but it is still a 1bil fit that can be outplayed without problems.

https://i.imgur.com/GY41fRt.png
135k EHP, 500 anti support DPS to 47.5km. It only goes 1.4km/s cold but there isn't much you can do to it You can ofc bring links for this Onyx too. Total cost is cheaper than your Arazu.
You can drop a BCU and damage control for double nano which will give 2.2km/s when linked, which is pretty oppressive, while still being able to solo most nano Cruisers 1v1.

You can get the same tank on a Broadsword if you sacrifice all damage that goes faster than most kiting cruisers in the game so if you want a pure support fit it's way better than a lachesis with better than linked scram range with 3x the EHP.

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

Pandemic Horde Rulez
Doomheim
#185 - 2017-02-23 22:51:04 UTC
hahaha look at these small gang pvpers like TURN LEFT TURN RIGHT into the dumpster hahahahaha.

listen all u small gang people
leave ur corp
apply to pandemic horde or karmafleet
this should be only and best way to pvp in this game
tbh you should always lose to more people doesnt matter how good at the game you are how bad we are, HIC should = you die to us even if we just assign drone to FC and go AFK.

It's MMO for reason.

if u want to play skill game go play DOTA or Overwatch lmao

HIC is good because it completely broken and overpowered but at same time difficult for smaller side to use because it slow and expensive so easy for us to blob. this is good balance mechanic.

Trajan Unknown
State War Academy
Caldari State
#186 - 2017-02-23 22:52:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Trajan Unknown
Suitonia wrote:
Quote:

135k EHP, 500 anti support DPS to 47.5km. It only goes 1.4km/s cold but there isn't much you can do to it You can ofc bring links for this Onyx too. Total cost is cheaper than your Arazu.
You can drop a BCU and damage control for double nano which will give 2.2km/s when linked, which is pretty oppressive, while still being able to solo most nano Cruisers 1v1.

You can get the same tank on a Broadsword if you sacrifice all damage that goes faster than most kiting cruisers in the game so if you want a pure support fit it's way better than a lachesis with better than linked scram range with 3x the EHP.

Thanks for the input. :)

My Arazu is cheaper to start with that.

That HIC is slow as fu*ck again. So yeah, exactly my point. You can get a tanky HIC but it is slow.

[quote]You can drop a BCU and damage control for double nano which will give 2.2km/s when linked, which is pretty oppressive, while still being able to solo most nano Cruisers 1v1.

What the hell is considered "nano cruiser" nowadays? I am not sure about your definition but everything slower than 2.5/2.8 can get the fu*ck out. Additionally you´re comparing a HIC with links to a "nano cruiser"? I mean come on, of course the HIC will go to town with it except the pilot fucks up. There is nothing wrong with it at all. So my point stands, show me a HIC that is tanky and comparable to a nano cruiser when it comes to speed and damage projection/usefulness.

And for the record: In the past two months I haven´t seen a single small gang nor mid seized gang that were using a ******* HIC in their comp. We used them for fleet fights a lot and sometimes people messed around with them. If memory serves I actually welped an Onyx but I didn´t see a single gang using a Onyx/HIC. I have seen plenty of cruiser gangs though and the only 100mn "cruiser" I´ve encountered was a nasty Legion. :D
yogizh
GSF Logistics and Posting Reserves
Goonswarm Federation
#187 - 2017-02-23 23:04:34 UTC
Another meaningless nerf concieved by small gang pubbies that bring 0 content to EVE except their Twitching and ATs.
Why the hell do you listen to these clowns CCP ? Just delete all ships, keep only BC snipers so we can kite ourselves forever.
Shocked
Suitonia
Order of the Red Kestrel
#188 - 2017-02-23 23:07:17 UTC
yogizh wrote:
Another meaningless nerf concieved by small gang pubbies that bring 0 content to EVE except their Twitching and ATs.
Why the hell do you listen to these clowns CCP ? Just delete all ships, keep only BC snipers so we can kite ourselves forever.
Shocked

People actually want to play a sandbox MMO their way? almost 80% of the ship pool obsoleted by this one ship? Nah **** it. Play our way only.

yogizh
Goonswarm Federation
#189 - 2017-02-23 23:21:59 UTC
Suitonia wrote:
yogizh wrote:
Shocked

People actually want to play a sandbox MMO their way? almost 80% of the ship pool obsoleted by this one ship? Nah **** it. Play our way only.

Ok play small gangs in lowsec. Play whatever. Third change I am reading today and I am not impressed. This crap is leading to arranged honour fights and hours spend chasing around risk averse fools. For nearly two years we are listening to "changes are in progress". Changes to what ? LOL ? DOTA ? Pffft. Numbers don't lie, big fleet fights draw most people to the game, waiting somewhere for a 1v1 for hours to get blobbed by ceptors ? I can see that working out well. Oh wait it already does, but I have to make a twitch account first to let everyone know that I am not a cyno bait so someone will be so gracious to fight me.

:cripes:

exiik Shardani
Imperial Spacedrill and Logistics
#190 - 2017-02-23 23:25:42 UTC
well am I blind because I do not see a HIC in every roaming gang in providence? and there is no HIC at every gate :-(

but tons of uncatchable interceptors, tons of Sabres (other bublers still exist?), tons of cloaky ships and Orthruses, Brutixes. I never heard anyone there to say anything wrong is with HIC's...

tell my please why 37km scram on one expensive, HI skills and special ship is wrong, but unstopable interceptor can disrupt infinite time my VNI and my drones can kill him rarely (I have there 3x DNC, acolytes fly over 10k and still luckily hit that inty?) is fine?

sry for my English :-(

Suitonia
Order of the Red Kestrel
#191 - 2017-02-23 23:26:56 UTC
yogizh wrote:
Suitonia wrote:
yogizh wrote:
Shocked

Ok play small gangs in lowsec. Play whatever. Third change I am reading today and I am not impressed. This crap is leading to arranged honour fights and hours spend chasing around risk averse fools. For nearly two years we are listening to "changes are in progress". Changes to what ? LOL ? DOTA ? Pffft. Numbers don't lie, big fleet fights draw most people to the game, waiting somewhere for a 1v1 for hours to get blobbed by ceptors ? I can see that working out well. Oh wait it already does, but I have to make a twitch account first to let everyone know that I am not a cyno bait so someone will be so gracious to fight me.

If you joined MoA, the posting quality in both Goons and MoA would go up.

yogizh
Goonswarm Federation
#192 - 2017-02-23 23:29:58 UTC  |  Edited by: yogizh
Suitonia wrote:
yogizh wrote:
Suitonia wrote:
yogizh wrote:
Shocked

If you joined MoA, the posting quality in both Goons and MoA would go up.

Yes, please tell me how many hics are on your lossmails in a month ? Also please educate me about t2 cruisers which you don't obviously fly. https://zkillboard.com/character/1192491827/losses/
Tomoko Sunji
White Square.
#193 - 2017-02-23 23:32:47 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
tell my please why 37km scram on one expensive, HI skills and special ship is wrong, but unstopable interceptor can disrupt infinite time my VNI and my drones can kill him rarely (I have there 3x DNC, acolytes fly over 10k and still luckily hit that inty?) is fine?

Bullshit.
Lucy Callagan
Goryn Clade
#194 - 2017-02-23 23:36:29 UTC
Pandemic Horde Rulez wrote:
hahaha look at these small gang pvpers like TURN LEFT TURN RIGHT into the dumpster hahahahaha.

listen all u small gang people
leave ur corp
apply to pandemic horde or karmafleet
this should be only and best way to pvp in this game
tbh you should always lose to more people doesnt matter how good at the game you are how bad we are, HIC should = you die to us even if we just assign drone to FC and go AFK.

It's MMO for reason.

if u want to play skill game go play DOTA or Overwatch lmao

HIC is good because it completely broken and overpowered but at same time difficult for smaller side to use because it slow and expensive so easy for us to blob. this is good balance mechanic.

I'm GM on overwatch
Casper24
L2P Noobs
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#195 - 2017-02-23 23:43:23 UTC
Trajan Unknown wrote:
Suitonia wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the input. :)

My Arazu is cheaper to start with that.

That HIC is slow as fu*ck again. So yeah, exactly my point. You can get a tanky HIC but it is slow.

[quote]You can drop a BCU and damage control for double nano which will give 2.2km/s when linked, which is pretty oppressive, while still being able to solo most nano Cruisers 1v1.

What the hell is considered "nano cruiser" nowadays? I am not sure about your definition but everything slower than 2.5/2.8 can get the fu*ck out. Additionally you´re comparing a HIC with links to a "nano cruiser"? I mean come on, of course the HIC will go to town with it except the pilot fucks up. There is nothing wrong with it at all. So my point stands, show me a HIC that is tanky and comparable to a nano cruiser when it comes to speed and damage projection/usefulness.

And for the record: In the past two months I haven´t seen a single small gang nor mid seized gang that were using a ******* HIC in their comp. We used them for fleet fights a lot and sometimes people messed around with them. If memory serves I actually welped an Onyx but I didn´t see a single gang using a Onyx/HIC. I have seen plenty of cruiser gangs though and the only 100mn "cruiser" I´ve encountered was a nasty Legion. :D

___
Phobos
[Phobos, Garmons Addy]
Damage Control II

Small Capacitor Booster II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Warp Disruption Field Generator II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x2325
Focused Warp Disruption Script x2
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x22
Caldari Navy Plutonium Charge M x2490

502 dps with AM with 32km opti and 47km falloff
2361ms cold
36.4k EHP
OH and a 37km scram.
not to mention cap stable if ur not an idiot

So my point stands, show me a HIC that is tanky and comparable to a nano cruiser when it comes to speed and damage projection/usefulness.

There ya are :)

smack allowed in english only

Tomoko Sunji
White Square.
#196 - 2017-02-23 23:53:52 UTC
Casper24 wrote:

Phobos
[Phobos, Garmons Addy]
Damage Control II

Small Capacitor Booster II

Warp Disruption Field Generator II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x2325
Focused Warp Disruption Script x2
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x22
Caldari Navy Plutonium Charge M x2490

And they said orthrus was cancer hu.

This **** is still gonna be ******* awesome post patch.
exiik Shardani
Imperial Spacedrill and Logistics
#197 - 2017-02-24 00:06:17 UTC
Tomoko Sunji wrote:

And they said orthrus was cancer hu.

This **** is still gonna be ******* awesome post patch.

just one thing. How often did you see that HIC in space and how often did you see orthrus?

sry for my English :-(

lord xavier
Rubbed Out
#198 - 2017-02-24 00:12:25 UTC  |  Edited by: lord xavier
Hans Downherpantz wrote:
brawling dies again

You don't brawl at a 30k orbit in a hic for anything other than to be risk adverse or you're too cheap to fit a nicely fit orth.
Tomoko Sunji
White Square.
#199 - 2017-02-24 00:13:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tomoko Sunji
exiik Shardani wrote:

just one thing. How often did you see that HIC in space and how often did you see orthrus?

obviously less, because most of the guys in eve are plebs that can't fit decently a ship unless it becomes mainstream and easy to play.
Lamajagarn McMyra
State War Academy
Caldari State
#200 - 2017-02-24 00:14:51 UTC
A script tp disrupt cynosural field generators would be nice to, way of countering cynos => more killed capitals => profit!Pirate