These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page
 

♛♛ Bobmon for CSM 12 ♛♛

First post
Author
Pandemic Legion
#1 - 2017-01-13 09:19:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Hello friends,

I hereby announce my candidacy for CSM XII

I’m very proud of everything that we accomplished as CSM 11. Not only did we have a big impact on the development of key features (the new Alpha clones) but we also managed to rebuild a healthy relationship between CSM and CCP. The CSM 11 team was amazing and everybody was very open-minded to work together and operate as effective and efficient as possible. I want to thank all members of the CSM 11 for the amazing experience I had working with you and I hope that we manage to continue our ‘’gods work’’ as members of CSM 12.

Last year I wrote an explanation of whom I am and what I stand for so I’ve decided to use that again in order for people to easily know who I am. You will be able to find information in the second post in this forum thread (here).

Here are some interviews/videos/podcasts/presentations I did while being a CSM 11 member:

1. Evesterdam Presentation about the CSM 11:
https://youtu.be/ENL8CHob4m0

2. EVE radio Interview at Evesterdam:
https://soundcloud.com/12345678abcd/5-evesterdam-bobmon-csm-interview

3. Deceleration of War Interview:
http://declarationsofwar.com/dow-125-mad-libs/

I am very thankful for those who voted for me to represent you as a CSM 11 member, and I want to say thanks! I’ve learned an incredible amount about the game, its community and myself. Of course looking back at CSM 11 I can point out some mistakes that I have made however I learned from those situations. One year is not enough for a CSM member to work at its max effectiveness and there for I hope that you guys will support me!

Thank you!
Bobmon
Member of CSM 11 and CSM 12 Candidate

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2017-01-13 09:19:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Who am I?
My in-game name is Bobmon. I am a member of CSM 11 and you might know me as the ex CEO of Evenews24.com

I started playing EVE Online in 2010 following an introduction by a couple of my friends who had their own Dutch corporation. This corporation was part of an alliance that had an active war going on at the time I joined. I was a brand new player and back then you couldn't really get involved with PVP so I decided to make a new alt, fly over to the location of our enemy, and see what they were up to. After a bit of chatting, I got to know them and they asked me to join. I then began relaying intel to my friends, and so I'm very proud to say that my first task in EVE Online was to be a spy!

From those humble beginnings, I have progressed in my EvE career and experienced many aspects of gameplay including:

- 0.0 Nullsec Warfare: I have been a part of multiple 0.0 alliances with whom I fought many battles!
- FC: Started in 2011 and from that point on led everything from small subcap fleets to capital fleets.
- Alliance Leadership position: Second in command & Head Diplomat of Unclaimed.
- Mentor for new players: I’m currently a mentor for members in Pandemic Horde
- Evenews24 ex Chief Editor and CEO
- Part of the Evesterdam Organisation team
- Player Presenter: Was one of the presenters for EVE TV at Fanfest 2015.
- Fanfest Presenter: gave a presentation about EVE Media
- Member of the #Rekkingcrew
- Member of CSM 11

All of these aspects have taught me a lot about the game and the players who play it and I think that they will help me a lot as a potential CSM member.

Focus
I think the most important job of a CSM member is to be a bridge between CCP and players. Players are the ones playing, and can help CCP discover problems with EVE Online that need to be solved. EVE Online is in a state where a lot of new features are being released and so it's exciting to see what the future holds for us, the players.

- Communication between player and dev
- Nullsec / lowsec
- Alliance Warfare and how changes affect this
- Don't forget about the independent players when it comes to changes
- Space Usages / Coverage
- Ships and their use
- Make sure changes are necessary and not the ''let's add a shiny ship'' tactic
- Make sure the devs understand players’ problems
- How changes affect small alliances
- Fleet fights (Think about 50 high sp chars vs. 250 newbies)
- Increased support for Events
- I would love to see an increase in support for our players who are blind, deaf etc.


These are not points I will purely focus on, I will deal with whatever is necessary. However, I do think that the above points are very important for the future of EVE Online.

Do you have any points that you find important? Please contact me! (details will be at the bottom)

Why do I want to join the CSM?
Over my years of being active in the EVE Online community, I've come to the conclusion many times that I'm deeply in love with our community. This is a key reason to why I've always kept playing EVE Online and it has often put me in a position where I had to explain to my RL friends why I'm so passionate about the game!

While being active, I've also been in a ton of game related discussions and through my work at EN24, I've been in contact with a lot of different types of players, from the best FCs to the pilot who can barely fly his Retriever in highsec. I’ve spoken with those players a lot, and I’ve learned about their ideas or concerns.

This is my ultimate drive to be a CSM member! I feel that sometimes changes are made to affect bigger groups of players to the detriment of the lone members. I would like to represent those individual players and make the game more beautiful for them and everybody!

Ways to get to know me better?
1) Feel free to ask me questions in this forum thread
2) Check out my Twitter
3) Contact me on the tweetfleet Slack!
4) Contact me on my email: Bobmon.eve@gmail.com

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2017-01-13 09:20:28 UTC
Reserved

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

The Marmite Collective
#4 - 2017-01-13 09:30:04 UTC
First ! Go Bob ! Lol

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

#5 - 2017-01-13 09:32:42 UTC
Glad you run again! I wholeheartedly want to see you in CSM XII again!

Hassan
HYDRA RELOADED
#6 - 2017-01-13 18:59:20 UTC
Amamake Police supports Bobmon!


Also he's a good dude and puts his heart into the game, need more like this, not just ppl whining about why the game sucks and not doing anything about it

smack allowed in english only

Pandemic Legion
#7 - 2017-01-13 23:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Ron Mexxico
Bobmon is attentive and sensitive to all your needs. A v nice man to have on csm

All 'tar pilots should vote this man
Caldari State
#8 - 2017-01-14 13:20:24 UTC
I support Bobmon

SC
Pandemic Legion
#9 - 2017-01-14 16:42:33 UTC
He's a good man. He'll listen to your problems and make you feel important even if it's the smallest issue. He is always a CSM member that I feel has all of our best interests at heart.

++ from me
Ghost Legion.
#10 - 2017-01-14 16:48:49 UTC
Like last year and from this year BOBMON is your only choice <3 \0/ <3
WAFFLES.
#11 - 2017-01-16 21:06:24 UTC
Bobmon is sure as hell going to put the effort in to make Eve better for everyone and CCP communication definitely needs improvement right now, which is what he specialises in.

I want to see him in the next CSM again.
Northern Coalition.
#12 - 2017-01-19 21:29:57 UTC
One of the most dedicated people to this game I've ever seen. Get me rag skins pl0x!

Hope you get in this year again!
Northern Coalition.
#13 - 2017-01-22 20:32:36 UTC
Cutest little dutch boy ever.
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2017-01-22 23:52:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Erlee Ka'tet
Hi Bobmon,

Is there any reason why you are the only member of CSM11 re-running? I ask this since you are the only person from CSM11 who has posted a candidacy.

Furthermore going forward, knowing what you know through the NDA, how to you feel about EVE for the next year, 5 years and 10 years? Do you feel that we will have a more vibrant (people participating in content/new content) game and community or something else?

- Erlee
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#15 - 2017-01-23 00:12:10 UTC
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Hi Bobmon,

Is there any reason why you are the only member of CSM11 re-running? I ask this since you are the only person from CSM11 who has posted a candidacy.


Most of the current CSM has expressed an interest in re-running, but is waiting for the conclusion to the upcoming (Jan 30th - Feb 3rd) summit - and any corresponding whitepaper changes - before announcing our candidacy.
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2017-01-23 00:31:28 UTC
Jin'taan wrote:
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Hi Bobmon,

Is there any reason why you are the only member of CSM11 re-running? I ask this since you are the only person from CSM11 who has posted a candidacy.


Most of the current CSM has expressed an interest in re-running, but is waiting for the conclusion to the upcoming (Jan 30th - Feb 3rd) summit - and any corresponding whitepaper changes - before announcing our candidacy.


Thanks for the reply Jin'taan, I would still like to hear Bobmon's reply, furthermore Bobmon, Why did you not wait for the conclusion of the summit, any corresponding whitepaper changes before announcing your candidacy like the rest of the CSM?
Pandemic Legion
#17 - 2017-01-23 08:44:21 UTC
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Jin'taan wrote:
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Hi Bobmon,

Is there any reason why you are the only member of CSM11 re-running? I ask this since you are the only person from CSM11 who has posted a candidacy.


Most of the current CSM has expressed an interest in re-running, but is waiting for the conclusion to the upcoming (Jan 30th - Feb 3rd) summit - and any corresponding whitepaper changes - before announcing our candidacy.


Thanks for the reply Jin'taan, I would still like to hear Bobmon's reply, furthermore Bobmon, Why did you not wait for the conclusion of the summit, any corresponding whitepaper changes before announcing your candidacy like the rest of the CSM?


When posting this thread, I was not aware of the agreement that we would wait with posting our threads till after the summit. Dont know how I misesd it, but yeah. The Judge poked me, not even 10 minutes after posting the thread and then I slapped myself :P If I would have known then i would have waited aswell.

Also me running for CSM wont be impacted by white paper changes.

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2017-01-23 10:23:15 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Jin'taan wrote:
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Hi Bobmon,

Is there any reason why you are the only member of CSM11 re-running? I ask this since you are the only person from CSM11 who has posted a candidacy.


Most of the current CSM has expressed an interest in re-running, but is waiting for the conclusion to the upcoming (Jan 30th - Feb 3rd) summit - and any corresponding whitepaper changes - before announcing our candidacy.


Thanks for the reply Jin'taan, I would still like to hear Bobmon's reply, furthermore Bobmon, Why did you not wait for the conclusion of the summit, any corresponding whitepaper changes before announcing your candidacy like the rest of the CSM?


When posting this thread, I was not aware of the agreement that we would wait with posting our threads till after the summit. Dont know how I misesd it, but yeah. The Judge poked me, not even 10 minutes after posting the thread and then I slapped myself :P If I would have known then i would have waited aswell.

Also me running for CSM wont be impacted by white paper changes.


So as a CSM that is essentially campaigning on communication you have failed to listen/understand the consensus of your 13 fellow CSMs and went ahead anyway and posted your thread. Furthermore by your own admission of "The just poked me, not even 10 minutes after posting the thread and then I slapped myself"; at this point you could have taken your thread down / edited it to say that you had jumped the gun and would be running after the summit you continued to campaign anyway? Why not just take your licks and take it down? Why are you campaigning when you should be focusing on the next CSM summit? This was the reason you were elected in the first place.
Pandemic Legion
#19 - 2017-01-23 10:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Bobmon wrote:
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Jin'taan wrote:
Erlee Ka'tet wrote:
Hi Bobmon,

Is there any reason why you are the only member of CSM11 re-running? I ask this since you are the only person from CSM11 who has posted a candidacy.


Most of the current CSM has expressed an interest in re-running, but is waiting for the conclusion to the upcoming (Jan 30th - Feb 3rd) summit - and any corresponding whitepaper changes - before announcing our candidacy.


Thanks for the reply Jin'taan, I would still like to hear Bobmon's reply, furthermore Bobmon, Why did you not wait for the conclusion of the summit, any corresponding whitepaper changes before announcing your candidacy like the rest of the CSM?


When posting this thread, I was not aware of the agreement that we would wait with posting our threads till after the summit. Dont know how I misesd it, but yeah. The Judge poked me, not even 10 minutes after posting the thread and then I slapped myself :P If I would have known then i would have waited aswell.

Also me running for CSM wont be impacted by white paper changes.


So as a CSM that is essentially campaigning on communication you have failed to listen/understand the consensus of your 13 fellow CSMs and went ahead anyway and posted your thread. Furthermore by your own admission of "The just poked me, not even 10 minutes after posting the thread and then I slapped myself"; at this point you could have taken your thread down / edited it to say that you had jumped the gun and would be running after the summit you continued to campaign anyway? Why not just take your licks and take it down? Why are you campaigning when you should be focusing on the next CSM summit? This was the reason you were elected in the first place.


I understand why my fellow CSM's decided to hold until after the summit, and looking back I would have done the same if I would have known this at the time. As a CSM you have a lot of chat channels open at the time and it can be challenging at times to absorb everything that said everywhere, Sadly I didn't see this agreement otherwise I would have followed by fellow CSM members.

I've thought about removing the post / editing it however I've learned from my time at Evenews24 that once something is out there, there is no point of deleting it. This often creates more confusion and that's not something I want to have happen around me. I much rather admit to jumping the gun and give people the honest reason why something happend.

I'm fully focused on the next summit and tbh the most time ive spent on this campaign is probably answering this question.

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Pandemic Legion
#20 - 2017-01-23 18:31:02 UTC
What is your position on The ever infinitely expanding Amount of Citadels and EC’s in Empire Low and Null sec systems?

What is your position on Local Building and Empire Trade hubs been so easy to access and buy stuff from vs how difficult it is to be able to support a small to medium alliance with everything they need in their home region without the need for places like Jita/Amarr
i.e. do we need to force people to build everything they need in their local area (would need a few tweeks from CCP’s end to make it work) and nerf how easy it is for a small alliance to seed a whole fleets worth of ships in a matter of hours just using Jita and JF’s

What is your position on having more Group PVE and less reliance solo people just been able to run anomalies solo 24h a day.

What is your position on Citadel’s Defensive capability’s and how you are forced to bring N+1 type sub cap fleets to deal with them? And do you think there should be a bigger risk of assets if the defenders are unable to defend.

What is your position on Huge Super Cap Blobs and the main Counters Been N+1 No fights or one shot Dread bombs which don’t really counter long-term proliferation of supercaps.
3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump