These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

@CCP, please fix the speeds ingame...

First post First post
Author
Trevor Dalech
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#21 - 2016-10-12 08:43:14 UTC
Wait for an incursion to hit your system, incursion sites often are really far out of the ecliptic plane. You can then bookmark those.
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#22 - 2016-10-12 09:37:29 UTC
Violet Hurst wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:
There are easier ways to find a spot for your engi complex off dscan. Then again, it will probably show up to combat probes like the citadels do, so.

Haven't read too much about them yet, but won't they show up on the sensor overlay like citadels as well?

Thought it was only if you freeport them, then again I went away for several months just as citadels were getting released so I might be wrong.
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#23 - 2016-10-12 09:56:59 UTC
Looks like OP wants the nano age and propmod stacking back.. Yeahhhhhh, no.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2016-10-12 10:19:12 UTC
theres never been an incursion in my system... ever...
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2016-10-12 13:19:37 UTC
Creating true deep safes is no longer possible. CCP moved all my 100AU-200AU bookmarks to within 20AU of the nearest celestial.

Pre 2009/2010, they used to work like this: http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/1003/Poseidon-Manual.pdf

Then CCP nerfed the deep space BMs to require them to have to be no further than 20AU from the nearest celestial. IIRC this was part of the change to the scanning mechanics.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#26 - 2016-10-12 13:28:31 UTC
lollerwaffle wrote:
Creating true deep safes is no longer possible. CCP moved all my 100AU-200AU bookmarks to within 20AU of the nearest celestial.

Pre 2009/2010, they used to work like this: http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/1003/Poseidon-Manual.pdf

Then CCP nerfed the deep space BMs to require them to have to be no further than 20AU from the nearest celestial. IIRC this was part of the change to the scanning mechanics.

But in theory, the OP could do this to reach 20AU from the outer most planet/celest.
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#27 - 2016-10-12 13:48:57 UTC
ive tried pretty much all old methods of deep-safes and none work. not even the fighters one :(

i used to have one in m-oee that was 630au from the taisy gate. was fun popping a cyno there when people were camping the gate, as they would warp before realising the distance and leave the gate clear for 7 mins
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2016-10-12 14:08:42 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
lollerwaffle wrote:

But in theory, the OP could do this to reach 20AU from the outer most planet/celest.

Nah. they changed e-warp mechanics too. Just found a write-up on why this no longer works:

https://www.themittani.com/features/deep-safes-eve-what-why-and-how
Memphis Baas
#29 - 2016-10-12 16:56:26 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:
i used to have one in m-oee that was 630au from the taisy gate. was fun popping a cyno there when people were camping the gate, as they would warp before realising the distance and leave the gate clear for 7 mins

And now you know the reason why they don't want you to be able to create a safespot 20 au from the nearest celestial.

In fact, we could probably blame YOU for the it.
Acarion Sphinx
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2016-10-16 07:56:26 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:
ive tried pretty much all old methods of deep-safes and none work. not even the fighters one :(

That's ingenious. Big smile

I wish they wouldn't nerf stuff like that.

Nalia White
Tencus
#31 - 2016-10-17 16:43:12 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:

haha you just made my day... well played sir, well played. still have a grin on my face. so sad players are so ingenious that ccp has to nerf them time and time again... it would break the game though if they didn't Pirate

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Shayla Etherodyne
Delta Laroth Industries
#32 - 2016-10-17 19:56:01 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:

Very good.
If someone has ever complained about that he should be kicked a few times.
Warzi zouille
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2016-10-18 11:38:39 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Ncc 1709 wrote:
to make a 20 AU ... not LY. AU spot in-game, at maximum maintainable speed by any ship (imp is slightly faster)
will take 2360 days.

Thats the same distance as Uranus

Voyager 2 did it in 3,465 days

So technology from 1977 is only 31% slower than ingame ships... WITHOUT a prop Mod!!!
You neglect to mention that Voyager 2 used the gravity and relative movements of both Jupiter and Saturn to perform a slingshot manoeuvre (also known as a gravity assist) in order to attain the velocity required to hit Uranus in 3495 days; a quick google reveals that it gained 15 ish km/s from Jupiter in July 79 and about the same again from Saturn in August 81 (it bled off about 10/km/s between slingshots).

The space pope will probably have more accurate figures to hand, as he actually works for part of the organisation behind the operation.

In short you're wrong, 1977 tech is considerably more than 31% slower than that of Eve ships.

also it is stated for gameplay reasons and justified by lore that Warp drive systems acts as an anchor that slows the ship. So OP should not compare just Throwing a XX Million dollar probe across the solar system with moving a crewed T3D across 20 AU that has to maintain a constant propulsion.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#34 - 2016-10-18 13:13:59 UTC
You know about dropping bookmarks while in warp, right?

So find celestials and warp between them. drop a bookmark on the way. Tada, safe spot which can be further than 4 au from a celestial. And you can combine this with another safe spot, to drop a bookmark which isn't in line with any celestials.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Maneila Bekas
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2016-10-26 13:40:05 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Oh, I thought we were talking about Captain Janeway's Voyager.

I still cant stop laughing :D thanks for this post !!!!!

Outnumbered, Outgunned You have the Choice *Overheat your MWD and fly directly into the enemy pack with Guns blazing...and then, that silent moment only one Server Tick away...

"CYNO UP, CYNO UP - JUMP JUMP JUMP - Primary is ..."

*A BRAVE HERO

Previous page12