These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

CCPlease - Store to buy IRL EVE swag

First post First post
Author
Alphax45
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-07-12 17:04:37 UTC
I just don't get why there isn't a store.

CCP: you don't have to run this yourself; farm it out to a 3rd party that does this.

I've posted this elsewhere but I'm going to do it here because this is the official place (as per CCP):

My uncle works for a washer (like metal washers used when building things) company. They have swag! Pens, coasters, mugs, lanyards, etc. They don't make it; they farm it out to a 3rd party that makes it, has a website, does the shipping, etc. I don't get why CCP can't make this happen. I'd wager that the rabbid fans of this game would spend 100's of thousands on EVE stuff every year. That's money on the table they are walking away from!

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2016-07-12 17:09:05 UTC
Because CCP have never been able to get it right, stock it adequately or have more than a trivial few items that players actually want.

Someone else also explained a big part of it better:

Qty 1. Guristas drink coaster $1.99
Shipping: $199.00

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Alphax45
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-07-12 17:11:19 UTC
Yeah; but that's when they try to do it on their own from Iceland. I'm saying don't do that.
Amnika MonSulu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-07-12 17:16:43 UTC
I think a good online store would be a great idea, assuming they can get around the shipping issue. I assume that if World of Tanks was able to sort it out, CCP should be able to as well.
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#5 - 2016-07-12 17:16:44 UTC
Meh.

Just sell the Blueprint. We can print it out.

--Gadget likes gadgets

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

CCP Falcon
#6 - 2016-07-12 17:17:35 UTC
Alphax45 wrote:
Yeah; but that's when they try to do it on their own from Iceland. I'm saying don't do that.

Nope, this was when we had a store running with a third party.

We're currently working on finalizing a store at present. Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.

Not sure on what the ETA is for the store, but work is ongoing, and it's getting there Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Alphax45
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-07-12 17:20:40 UTC
OMG! That will make my day

RIP my wallet when this actually launches

PS: Please don't be teasing me!
Azami Nevinyrall
#8 - 2016-07-12 17:26:54 UTC
I'm guessing Soon or Soon™

Amnika MonSulu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2016-07-12 17:28:17 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

There is already a shirt for that...
http://www.redbubble.com/people/noahhk/works/13702176-soon-tm?grid_pos=30&p=womens-fitted-v-neck
Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG
#10 - 2016-07-12 18:07:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Eleonora Crendraven
Can't wait!
Let's hope soon is REALLY soon ... and not like " soon next year".

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

≡⋁≡

Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#11 - 2016-07-12 18:17:43 UTC
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:
Meh.

--Gadget likes gadgets

Im really surprised someone has printed out 3d models of ships yet on a 3d printer...

...or have they?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#12 - 2016-07-12 18:18:29 UTC
Eleonora Crendraven wrote:
Can't wait!
Let's hope soon is REALLY soon ... and like "not soon next year".
Soon™ is Icelandic for 18 months™

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Alphax45
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-07-12 18:33:44 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Meh.

--Gadget likes gadgets

Im really surprised someone has printed out 3d models of ships yet on a 3d printer...

...or have they?

People do it but small scale so they don't get noticed by CCP.

CCP has to protect it's IP so if you say setup a site to do it - you will get shut down.
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#14 - 2016-07-12 18:56:24 UTC
I will buy something if postage to Australia (or Canada for the next few months) is not horrific. If it is then meh.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Draxx Aivo
#15 - 2016-07-12 18:59:28 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:

We're currently working on finalizing a store at present. Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.

Not sure on what the ETA is for the store, but work is ongoing, and it's getting there Big smile

Happy to be your Canadian Distributor/Seller :).
Azami Nevinyrall
#16 - 2016-07-12 19:19:01 UTC
Amnika MonSulu wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

There is already a shirt for that...
http://www.redbubble.com/people/noahhk/works/13702176-soon-tm?grid_pos=30&p=womens-fitted-v-neck

I kinda want that in game now...

Cade Windstalker
#17 - 2016-07-12 19:31:00 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:

Hey, not having an ETA is the first step to having an ETA! Big smile
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#18 - 2016-07-12 19:44:06 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:

Ah, so CCP have finally started to overcome their long-held policy of lofty disdain for TAKING MY MONEY?

Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#19 - 2016-07-12 19:50:20 UTC
Alphax45 wrote:
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Meh.

--Gadget likes gadgets

...or have they?

People do it but small scale so they don't get noticed by CCP.

CCP has to protect it's IP so if you say setup a site to do it - you will get shut down.

No no i was thinking something bigger like a ~1:20th scale succubus thats hollowed out and fits over your Volkswagen Beetle. Imagine seeing that pass you on the freeway...

Did...

Did I...

Did i just see someone fly a succubus by us? Man i have to stop playing eve so much.

Varcutii Renalard
#20 - 2016-07-12 19:51:07 UTC
Yeah. IF the box, + shipping and handling costs end up 3 to 4 times the price of the items...before the exchange & customs..

:/
123Next page