These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

CCPlease - Store to buy IRL EVE swag

First post First post
Author
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#21 - 2016-07-12 19:57:53 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.


You forget that in CCP's collective mind everyone has a pair of £800 jeans.

This will be what, the 4th iteration of the store? Doc expects to see "where is my EVE store stuff" threads of the same frequency as "how long does a ticket response take" once (or if) they get another store up and running again.

This has all happened before, and it will happen again.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

SoulBlythe
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2016-07-12 20:32:38 UTC
Hey CCP Falcon,

Will this be a cash/CC only store or can we swag with PLEX or AUR as well?
Kharnakh
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2016-07-12 20:41:37 UTC
I'm going to be the most IRL space poor =(
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#24 - 2016-07-12 21:50:21 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.


You forget that in CCP's collective mind everyone has a pair of £800 jeans.

This will be what, the 4th iteration of the store? Doc expects to see "where is my EVE store stuff" threads of the same frequency as "how long does a ticket response take" once (or if) they get another store up and running again.

This has all happened before, and it will happen again.



You notice I said nothing about actually sending anyone any goods.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ilany
Nightingale Enterprises
#25 - 2016-07-12 22:29:44 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.


Hmm. Interesting. Can you share your list of item descriptions and, more importantly, can we suggest additions to it?

Please.
Ilany
Nightingale Enterprises
#26 - 2016-07-12 22:36:42 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.


CCP hoodies come from the same manufacturer as Serpentis capital ships. It is known.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#27 - 2016-07-12 22:43:43 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.


You forget that in CCP's collective mind everyone has a pair of £800 jeans.

This will be what, the 4th iteration of the store? Doc expects to see "where is my EVE store stuff" threads of the same frequency as "how long does a ticket response take" once (or if) they get another store up and running again.

This has all happened before, and it will happen again.



You notice I said nothing about actually sending anyone any goods.



Good point.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#28 - 2016-07-12 22:59:28 UTC
I think a good start would be the stuff that gets sold at Fanfest. So shirts, models, board games, books, logod mugs, coasters, shot glasses, beer mugs and wristbands.

I also remember someone did an offer on EVE themed PC tower cases at one point and you could add things like phone cases, laptop bags, tablet holders etc etc.

Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2016-07-12 23:11:00 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.

I agree 100%.

CCP make it so.



DMC
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#30 - 2016-07-12 23:24:15 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:
Yeah; but that's when they try to do it on their own from Iceland. I'm saying don't do that.


Nope, this was when we had a store running with a third party.

We're currently working on finalizing a store at present. Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.

Not sure on what the ETA is for the store, but work is ongoing, and it's getting there Big smile


Hope you got some Blood Raider Swag coming in there.
Dominous Nolen
Anomalous Existence
Initiative Mercenaries
#31 - 2016-07-13 01:47:35 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:
Yeah; but that's when they try to do it on their own from Iceland. I'm saying don't do that.


Nope, this was when we had a store running with a third party.

We're currently working on finalizing a store at present. Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.

Not sure on what the ETA is for the store, but work is ongoing, and it's getting there Big smile



Glad to hear this.. it was on my list of things to do to write up some ideas.

Can't wait to get swag. Hopefully pricing for shipping is fair.

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

ploo too
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2016-07-13 02:22:39 UTC
jsut as logn as you bring back some of the stuff from the old store like the hoodies and the jackets. HOLY **** PLZ THE JACKET !!!!!!!!!
Zomgnomnom
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-07-13 08:07:22 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:
Yeah; but that's when they try to do it on their own from Iceland. I'm saying don't do that.


Nope, this was when we had a store running with a third party.

We're currently working on finalizing a store at present. Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.

Not sure on what the ETA is for the store, but work is ongoing, and it's getting there Big smile



Ah, so CCP have finally started to overcome their long-held policy of lofty disdain for TAKING MY MONEY?



Might I further suggest they not charge OMG INSANITY prices for all of the stuff in this bold new commercial vision? Much as the idea of paying £110 for a hoodie, however delightfully warm and snuggly it might have been, may have appealed to some of us in the past, you might just maybe make more total monies by selling 20 times as many for 1/4 the markup.



This...

I sooooo wanted that Guristas hoodie...

But not enough to pay the absurb asking price.

I think most people would pay 20-25$ for a tee shirt and maybe $40 for a hoodie. Beyond that youre getting into an area where only a few percent of people would bother.

Also, alliance logos on things.... Just sayin....

My cubicle has a Rifter USB hub but it could use a corp/alliance logo mouse pad etc
roberts dragon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2016-07-13 08:16:10 UTC
just go on ebay there you find stuff for eve events that players don't want any more
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#35 - 2016-07-13 08:22:19 UTC
roberts dragon wrote:
just go on ebay there you find stuff for eve events that players don't want any more



Ah, that good ol' used by another EVE player smell.





Snirrrff!
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#36 - 2016-07-13 09:12:49 UTC
If, like, we see somebody sitting in Starbucks wearing a Minmatar jacket,
can we call the cops and get his car towed away as junk???

Would that video go viral? LOL Cool

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#37 - 2016-07-13 12:37:27 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
If, like, we see somebody sitting in Starbucks wearing a Minmatar jacket,
can we call the cops and get his car towed away as junk???

Would that video go viral? LOL Cool


You could shoot the flashy, but you know he has friends just waiting for you to do so...

--Cautious Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#38 - 2016-07-13 12:38:19 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
roberts dragon wrote:
just go on ebay there you find stuff for eve events that players don't want any more



Ah, that good ol' used by another EVE player smell.





Snirrrff!



**sniffs**

Yep, tears.

--Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Noah Reese
#39 - 2016-07-13 13:01:24 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Alphax45 wrote:
Yeah; but that's when they try to do it on their own from Iceland. I'm saying don't do that.


Nope, this was when we had a store running with a third party.

We're currently working on finalizing a store at present. Ironically, I'm actually in the process of writing item descriptions for the initial product lineup that's going into it.

Not sure on what the ETA is for the store, but work is ongoing, and it's getting there Big smile


It's only been a few years, why rush?
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2016-07-13 20:38:22 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:
Meh.

Just sell the Blueprint. We can print it out.

--Gadget likes gadgets


Im really surprised someone has printed out 3d models of ships yet on a 3d printer...

...or have they?


many have, heck ccp seagull was given a mobile for her daughter made of ships by Trebor back in CSM8

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Previous page123Next page