These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Μολων λαβε – Shoot-a-Tippia

First post
Author
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2016-06-17 08:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Wait, who is this person? Been playing since 2008 never heard of him/her. (being serious)
Sykaotic
Doomheim
#42 - 2016-06-17 08:13:37 UTC
When I read this I crashed my pod into the sun in protest.

I think it should be the other way around... we get togther so yoiu can blow us up. Maybe you stay Smile but if not more appropriate send off.

o7

Ariele Netiqulenne
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#43 - 2016-06-17 08:13:46 UTC
Trader20 wrote:
Wait, who is this person? Been playing since 2008 never heard of him/her. (being serious)

You obviously do not read forums too often.

Sorry to see you go Tippia. I bet you got many readers.
Alexia Gengod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2016-06-17 08:18:19 UTC
Byyyye Tippia, way to make an exit though.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#45 - 2016-06-17 08:33:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Shocked

What about all the janitors and militants in your hangar? Can they be spared the fate of being a target in space? I would like to keep an eye on them if you are leaving. Sad
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2016-06-17 08:49:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
I will miss our discussions on how using a car means 100% risk because its fuel is guaranteed to be burned during operation P

Best of luck. Not sure if it's a good idea to dispose of your stuff, but what's the point of it if you can't do whatever you want with it?
Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#47 - 2016-06-17 09:05:24 UTC
Since Necris Collective is not interested in wealth too much (not more than we need to get our goals), we ask to do us a favour you may expect to be returned.

Collect Tippia's frozen biomass and let us bring it to our cryo-chambers, so it will be placed among other famous capsule operators. A little trinket, some personal thing would be also appreciated and carefully stored beside the body until the day it's owner will return for it.

Nanoblack respect choises of mortals. It can wait.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#48 - 2016-06-17 10:04:56 UTC
......or you can contract your stuff to me and be cozy in knowing your stuff will be used in act of carebareism 4ever.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#49 - 2016-06-17 10:42:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Trader20 wrote:

I'm the guy who forumed so much, I broke Chribba's forum search (apparently… at least at the moment). Lol

For comparison: #2.

Benny Ohu wrote:
this doesn't seem fair - my max yield barge doesn't have the dps to kill a combat ship before concord appears

please hold a miner friendly event

If I remember the fittings on some of those ships correctly, you probably could. At least in Kubinen itself. P
morion
Lighting Build
#50 - 2016-06-17 11:01:32 UTC
sixteen 64
#51 - 2016-06-17 11:20:06 UTC
I used your newbie skill plan when I first started playing, deffo got me off to a good start, and 41 mil sp later I still do a little of most things the game has too offer, so thanks for that! Big smile

GL with where ever you find yourself next!
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#52 - 2016-06-17 11:30:56 UTC
Farewell.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#53 - 2016-06-17 12:25:34 UTC
Thank you Tippia for all the enjoyable reads over the years.
You helped many players with sound advice for their endeavours in New Eden. So I thank you for that too.

Still, it is very much possible to carelessly lose a weirdly fit ship with way to much goods inside in High Sec....Lol

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#54 - 2016-06-17 13:24:47 UTC
Tippia wrote:
In celebration of CCP's unwavering commitment to mechanical reduction of interesting opposition, Tippia's account lapses in the first week of July. After 8½ years, since it's nigh on impossible to get killed around here, the number of deaths this poor little highsec carebear has accrued over that time is nothing short of pathetic, and here, at the end of all things, that situation needs to be remedied.

So yes, you can have my stuff. You just have to earn it, so come and get it. Twisted

What's all this then?

Starting June 24, I still very carelessly ship what little remaining junk I have from my almost decade-old home in Irjunen to nearby Kubinen. I invite you all to violently take it from me. I am going to use these ships to move this stuff, and with a bit of luck, none of it will make it there.

What I will do.

With 52 ships to move, that's potentially 208 jumps to get through (plus a return trip, if everything goes wrong), giving ample opportunity to crate a few wrecks, but it may stil take a while.

So between 1800 and 2200 EVE time, on the 24th and every subsequent evening until I run out of stuff to haul, I will pick one of those ships, throw some of the junk in there, and set off using my regular method of careless flying. Some ships will be sensibly fitted; most will not. Anything that arrives safely at the destination will be deposited there. Big ships will carry big stuff; small ships (mostly) smaller stuff; and some of the more annoying ships will carry the more worth-while goods.

What you should do.

Blow me up, of course. There's loot to be had, and I have 4.7bn ISK worth of bounties on my head that should take the edge off of any kind of more suicidal attacks. But there's also another option: at the end of each session, any ships and items that have safely made it to the destination will be contracted off to a random sensible participant in this thread. So what do you do? Go for it and hope that the loot fairy is feeling generous? Help me make it in the hopes that the RNG will pick your name? Or just pad the killboard? Decisions, decisions… P

So again: come and get it! Let there be some explosions!

Don't sell your main.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#55 - 2016-06-17 13:25:44 UTC
o7

Fair Winds and Following Seas...
...of Stars.

--Sad Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#56 - 2016-06-17 13:42:02 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Don't sell your main.

What would be the point in selling it when that would just lead to having even more ISK and no way of getting rid of it? P
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#57 - 2016-06-17 15:03:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Elizabeth Norn
Are these the ill-gotten proceeds from 8.5 years of forum piracy? ;-)
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#58 - 2016-06-17 15:15:52 UTC
Elizabeth Norn wrote:
Are these ill-gotten proceeds from 8.5 years of forum piracy? ;-)

Actually, some of it is. Lol

At least two of the PLEXes were earned from people who left the game for some reason and who left them because I had said something clever in opposition to whatever it was that made them leave. Same for a couple of the BPO duplicates.

My bounty definitely is. Too bad that it will now (hopefully) go to the kinds of people who were the opposition to the guys who gave me those bounties. (Hmm… I don't really mean “too bad”, do I…?)
Valkin Mordirc
#59 - 2016-06-17 15:37:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
The only thing I ask is you rename your Eos "Still Not A B-Wing"

Sucks that your leaving. =\
#DeleteTheWeak
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2016-06-17 15:47:03 UTC
ehi!
i just realized that in the long war between you and CCP, over 8 and half years, you just admitted defeat ShockedShockedShocked

that can't be true! ccp can't win SadSadSad