These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Kolmogorow
Freedom Resources
#1121 - 2016-05-09 20:45:39 UTC
Evaldor wrote:
hi guys. after patch im in search what to do :\

Before patch this fit was fine but now im runing out of cap...

[Vengeance, Vs Dramiel]
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Reactive Armor Hardener
Ballistic Control System II
Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Small Energy Nosferatu II

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x2648

Can yu gime me som ideas that to do to kill Dramiel or maybe fit for another ship :)

I found recently that the Fleeting Compact Webifier consumes more than twice as much cap as the X5 Enduring Webifier. However it comes at the cost of higher CPU needs for the X5. (The other stats are the same and the X5 is normally even cheaper.)

In your fitting you cannot simply replace the Fleeting Compact by the X5 because available CPU won't be enough. However, if you drop the Nos and replace the active hardener by an energized passive plate you have enough CPU and the setting is cap stable (assuming maxed skills and no implants), like so for example:

[Vengeance, cap-stable vs. Dramiel]
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
empty

I'm not sure if the reactive hardener gives seriously better resists. However, it comsumes a lot of cap on smaller ships and the resistance shift takes time (maybe too much time for the short fight with the Dramiel, I don't know). The adaptive membrane starts definitely with better resists than the reactive hardener and maybe the hardener becomes only better after a time when the fight is almost over, if at all. I suspect that the small and possibly non-existent benefit of the reactive hardener is not worth its cap hunger.

I'm running with only one (non-energized) plate (and a second BCU instead) and only a Coreli repairer (that repairs less per cycle but consumes less cap) and the tank is sufficient (but not comfortable). So, with the setup above the tank with two resistance plates and the Centii repper should be more than sufficient.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1122 - 2016-05-09 22:34:33 UTC
Kolmogorow wrote:
Evaldor wrote:
hi guys. after patch im in search what to do :\

Before patch this fit was fine but now im runing out of cap...

[Vengeance, Vs Dramiel]
Reactive Armor Hardener

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x2648

Can yu gime me som ideas that to do to kill Dramiel or maybe fit for another ship :)

I found recently that the Fleeting Compact Webifier consumes more than twice as much cap as the X5 Enduring Webifier. However it comes at the cost of higher CPU needs for the X5. (The other stats are the same and the X5 is normally even cheaper.)

In your fitting you cannot simply replace the Fleeting Compact by the X5 because available CPU won't be enough. However, if you drop the Nos and replace the active hardener by an energized passive plate you have enough CPU and the setting is cap stable (assuming maxed skills and no implants), like so for example:

[Vengeance, cap-stable vs. Dramiel]
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
empty

I'm not sure if the reactive hardener gives seriously better resists. However, it comsumes a lot of cap on smaller ships and the resistance shift takes time (maybe too much time for the short fight with the Dramiel, I don't know). The adaptive membrane starts definitely with better resists than the reactive hardener and maybe the hardener becomes only better after a time when the fight is almost over, if at all. I suspect that the small and possibly non-existent benefit of the reactive hardener is not worth its cap hunger.

I'm running with only one (non-energized) plate (and a second BCU instead) and only a Coreli repairer (that repairs less per cycle but consumes less cap) and the tank is sufficient (but not comfortable). So, with the setup above the tank with two resistance plates and the Centii repper should be more than sufficient.

why using a RAH or adaptives ? the dram does mostly exp and em. get rid of the RAH with the proper resist mod and you are fine.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1123 - 2016-05-09 22:40:22 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Sid358 wrote:
new change:

250dps and more tracking!

[Jaguar, Jaguar Burner Blood New]
Shield Power Relay II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Gistum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Gistum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Caldari Navy Medium Shield Extender

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S

Small Core Defense Field Purger II
Small Core Defense Field Purger II

Republic Fleet Fusion S x20000

I like! Is that enough tank?

got a jag a year ago with such small regen and sometime it popped. would replace the nos with meta and install a b type thermal for sure.

he should fiddling around 35% shield in this fit
Kolmogorow
Freedom Resources
#1124 - 2016-05-09 23:02:23 UTC
Ploing wrote:

why using a RAH or adaptives ? the dram does mostly exp and em. get rid of the RAH with the proper resist mod and you are fine.

The post was mainly about cap stability, that's what was asked. But of course I'd agree: If one uses two resists (which I don't), then one EM and one EXP would likely be better than two adaptives. If only one resist module is fitted I'm not convinced that an adaptive isn't the best choice.
Kolmogorow
Freedom Resources
#1125 - 2016-05-10 00:25:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Kolmogorow
Kolmogorow wrote:
Ploing wrote:

The post was mainly about cap stability, that's what was asked. But of course I'd agree: If one uses two resists (which I don't), then one EM and one EXP would likely be better than two adaptives. If only one resist module is fitted I'm not convinced that an adaptive isn't the best choice.

We can actually calculate the right resistance plates. According to the Burner characteristics the Angel Burner has 32.3%em 11.3%ki 56.4%ex damage distribution. If I assume that we fit one Coreli B-Type non-energized plating and one T2 Energized Plating (just to stay roughly in the same price range as the original fit) we have the following combinations with their respective effective HP (tested in EFT with that Burner damage profile):

Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  + Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II -> 10028 EHP
Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  + Energized EM Membrane II            -> 10113 EHP
Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  + Energized Explosive Membrane II     ->  9527 EHP

Coreli B-Type EM Plating             + Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II ->  9700 EHP
Coreli B-Type EM Plating             + Energized EM Membrane II            ->  9068 EHP
Coreli B-Type EM Plating             + Energized Explosive Membrane II     ->  9480 EHP

Coreli B-Type Explosive Plating      + Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II ->  9220 EHP
Coreli B-Type Explosive Plating      + Energized EM Membrane II            ->  9563 EHP
Coreli B-Type Explosive Plating      + Energized Explosive Membrane II     ->  8245 EHP

So, we were both wrong. Even with two resistance modules choosing an adaptive module for at least one of them is a good decision. Adaptive + EM is the best combination. And Adaptive + Adaptive is second best, significantly better than EM + Explosive.

Regarding final resistances after shift the Reactive Armor Hardener isn't bad at all: The RAH has 60% total resistance to distribute and the final result should be (is it calculated that way? I'm not sure but seems plausible):

EM -> 0.323 * 60% = 19.38 %
TH -> 0.000 * 60% =  0.00 %
KI -> 0.113 * 60% =  6.78 %
EX -> 0.564 * 60% = 33.84 %

Unfortunately, one can setup the resistances of the RAH only in steps of 10% in EFT, so I tried 20/0/10/30 and 20/0/0/40 (the truth is somewhere in between):

Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  + Reactive Armor Hardener (20/ 0/10/30) -> 10073 EHP
Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  + Reactive Armor Hardener (20/ 0/ 0/40) -> 10281 EHP

In other words: What looked so wrong at a first glance (Adaptive + RAH) gives theoretically the best resistances. However, KO criterion for the RAH is in my opinion that it takes time to reach that optimal resistance distribution. It starts with only:

Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  + Reactive Armor Hardener (15/15/15/15) -> 9471 EHP

And the RAH turns the cap stable setup into a setup that has an empty capacitor after 1m13s (with small Nos after 4m52s, but does the Nos constantly drain cap from the Burner?)

With only one resistance mod Adaptive is the best choice:

Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating  -> 8499 EHP
Coreli B-Type EM Plating             -> 8105 EHP
Coreli B-Type Explosive Plating      -> 7711 EHP

Sid358
Crossfire Angels in Memories
#1126 - 2016-05-10 04:35:05 UTC
Quote:
got a jag a year ago with such small regen and sometime it popped. would replace the nos with meta and install a b type thermal for sure.

The jags shield is allways by 51% and the fit is max in cpu and don´t need an upgrade or downgrade by max skills.
And never in all the time i go down. after a disconnect was th jag over 30min alone in the mission and lived.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1127 - 2016-05-10 07:19:03 UTC
Sid358 wrote:
Quote:

The jags shield is allways by 51% and the fit is max in cpu and don´t need an upgrade or downgrade by max skills.
And never in all the time i go down. after a disconnect was th jag over 30min alone in the mission and lived.

hmm maybe i test it out on sisi again
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#1128 - 2016-05-15 07:01:44 UTC
I wish OP would update his links so that they're accurate and lead directly only to the best fits for each burner. Navigating this thread is a nightmare.
Kolmogorow
Freedom Resources
#1129 - 2016-05-20 00:22:33 UTC
Is a MWD needed for the Team Burner Garmur setup? Or is an AB sufficient to keep range?

I'm considering this fit because it is cheap and has 3 BCUs but CPU won't be enough to fit a MWD:

[Garmur, Team Burner]
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

1MN Afterburner II
Phased Scoped Target Painter
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script

Polarized Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Can run with 1402 m/s, cap stable. MWD would be cap stable as well but of course would increase sig radius from 32m to 176m (with a Quad LiF, otherwise even more). The lower sig radius might at least be a small safety buffer against occasional hits (especially from the Jag).

But: Is it fast enough?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1130 - 2016-05-20 01:09:22 UTC
Kolmogorow wrote:

I don't believe it is, no.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1131 - 2016-05-20 09:01:33 UTC
Kolmogorow wrote:

change it this way.

[Garmur, Team Burner]

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Target Painter II

Kolmogorow
Freedom Resources
#1132 - 2016-05-20 17:29:25 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Kolmogorow wrote:

change it this way.

[Garmur, Team Burner]

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Target Painter II

Thanks! I think I'll give that a try. Maybe I watch the Team Burner velocities on the overview a bit to see how fast they actually are and then decide if I can risk an AB. Better to start with a safer setup...
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1133 - 2016-05-20 19:21:24 UTC
Kolmogorow wrote:

Thanks! I think I'll give that a try. Maybe I watch the Team Burner velocities on the overview a bit to see how fast they actually are and then decide if I can risk an AB. Better to start with a safer setup...

the jag speeds up to ~ 1100 ms. so with a deadspace ab you should be save, but with a mwd you are faster in range and at the wreck.
Varde Nor
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1134 - 2016-06-28 20:09:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Varde Nor
use hookbill instead of garmur

[Caldari Navy Hookbill, SOLO***Burner MWD Kite ]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

5MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Domination Target Painter

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]

3172 m/s, 224 dps and it's cap stable. targeting 56k missiles go 47.5. works well with Torondir's kitsune or with griffin navy. in either case, jammed logi will let you run it very fast
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1135 - 2016-06-28 23:48:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Varde Nor wrote:
use hookbill instead of garmur

[Caldari Navy Hookbill, SOLO***Burner MWD Kite ]

5MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]

3172 m/s, 224 dps and it's cap stable. targeting 56k missiles go 47.5. works well with Torondir's kitsune or with griffin navy. in either case, jammed logi will let you run it very fast

this bill has way less perfomance as a similar pricetagged garmur and is only usefull with kinetic.
Toddle
Moosed it
#1136 - 2016-06-30 01:32:27 UTC
Fair warning something is up with Worm burner. It's actually easier now, missiles volleying my fit (90kin resist) for 170dmg whereas prepatch they would do ~250dmg

Maybe something to do with the changes to missile damage equation that went live yesterday.

If it gets fixed and you've balanced your fit around current gimped damage output, might be expensive.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1137 - 2016-06-30 18:48:29 UTC
Toddle wrote:
Fair warning something is up with Worm burner. It's actually easier now, missiles volleying my fit (90kin resist) for 170dmg whereas prepatch they would do ~250dmg

Maybe something to do with the changes to missile damage equation that went live yesterday.

If it gets fixed and you've balanced your fit around current gimped damage output, might be expensive.

what did you use?
Toddle
Moosed it
#1138 - 2016-06-30 22:01:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Toddle
Just did it again and volleys 30 (approach) to max 177 dmg depending on my velocity. Average was about 140dmg.

I've done worm burner about 30 times with this fit, once i get it tackled volleys would do ~250dmg pre 118.6 patch.

Much, much, much more sensitive to velocity it would seem.

[Succubus, Succubus]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Mark I Compact Capacitor Flux Coil

Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Gistii A-Type Small Shield Booster
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field

Small Focused Pulse Laser II
[Empty High slot]
Small Focused Pulse Laser II

Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Nanite Repair Paste x60
Conflagration S x2
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x2
ru-eve com
Doomheim
#1139 - 2016-07-07 14:41:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ru-eve com
Did they change Ashimmu burner over DT?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54980321/
Died in this yesterday, was my fault - didnt overheat launchers and shield compensation skills were 0. Left ashimmu only with 5% structure. Bought a same new one gila and killed him.

Now with all compensations 4...I died in 40 seconds!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54988235/

Killed only 1 sentinel.

Did they increase DPS overnight or what? I nearly broke my notebook in half when my shield jumped from 50% to 0% in like no time. Damn CCP!

edit:

bought a new one. Warped in, burner+team @ 5km. Literally shield didnt even go lower than 90%.
What the hell is wrong with these burners?
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1140 - 2016-07-07 23:08:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
ru-eve com wrote:
Did they change Ashimmu burner over DT?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54980321/
Died in this yesterday, was my fault - didnt overheat launchers and shield compensation skills were 0. Left ashimmu only with 5% structure. Bought a same new one gila and killed him.

Now with all compensations 4...I died in 40 seconds!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54988235/

Killed only 1 sentinel.

Did they increase DPS overnight or what? I nearly broke my notebook in half when my shield jumped from 50% to 0% in like no time. Damn CCP!

edit:

bought a new one. Warped in, burner+team @ 5km. Literally shield didnt even go lower than 90%.
What the hell is wrong with these burners?

did you make a bug report and mentioned to this tread ? if so ccp lebowski will hopefully show up here.
but when its only you with the prob it will be not.

you can do this also in cerb, orth and an onyx which i preffer.

[Onyx, Burner ashimmu test]

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile