These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Citadels] Dreadnoughts

First post
Author
Seth Quantix
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2016-04-26 11:42:29 UTC
Quote:
Exactly not to big of a deal on dreads but marauder bastion mode also has this problem


Quote:
They moved it back because they could not fix the bug you can see the relevant thread on the test server feedback


Quote:
What the ****? Bastion losing immunity?!


Well, that was yesterday. And they made pretty clear that bastion/siege didnt grant Ewar immunity anymore, which can be interesting change (if we still get some buff while siegeing/in bastion mode, coz you know Scorpions are here to *** your day),
but it seems akward they didnt think of PvE. Marauders and Dreads looks awesome on PvE, with range/tank being really interesting and damage application being nice with the right fit, if that isn't actually true just because of NPC ewar... that's really a problem. CCP, fix it ? please ?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#82 - 2016-04-26 11:47:44 UTC
The bug is something they said they were working on
Alexiel Fireborn
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2016-04-26 11:55:14 UTC
We've introduced new High Angle Weaponry, these are the 'Quad Mega Pulse Laser', 'Quad 800mm Repeating Cannon', 'Triple Neutron Blaster Cannon' and 'Rapid Torpedo Launcher'.

So Phoenix will get rapid torpedoe launcher , i can be mistaken but pattern for rapid launchers is for long range type ammunitions (there are rapid light missile launcher not rapid rocket launcher etc ...) , not close range , and if this new weapon system is designed as anti-subcaps can you explane me how u`ll hit something sub-cap with torpedoes?
Did u took ur medicine ccp?

Imho this dreads change is rush , wrong and awfull!
DOH!
Seth Quantix
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2016-04-26 12:00:16 UTC
Alexiel Fireborn wrote:
We've introduced new High Angle Weaponry, these are the 'Quad Mega Pulse Laser', 'Quad 800mm Repeating Cannon', 'Triple Neutron Blaster Cannon' and 'Rapid Torpedo Launcher'.

So Phoenix will get rapid torpedoe launcher , i can be mistaken but pattern for rapid launchers is for long range type ammunitions (there are rapid light missile launcher not rapid rocket launcher etc ...) , not close range , and if this new weapon system is designed as anti-subcaps can you explane me how u`ll hit something sub-cap with torpedoes?
Did u took ur medicine ccp?

Imho this dreads change is rush , wrong and awfull!
DOH!


you're mistaken, cruise are for long range. And chimera application is one of the best you can get, since tracking on the turret guns is still awful (hard time hitting NPC cruiser orbiting at 0.1 angular speed, with double painter).
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#85 - 2016-04-26 12:33:57 UTC
Seth Quantix wrote:
Quote:
Exactly not to big of a deal on dreads but marauder bastion mode also has this problem


Quote:
They moved it back because they could not fix the bug you can see the relevant thread on the test server feedback


Quote:
What the ****? Bastion losing immunity?!


Well, that was yesterday. And they made pretty clear that bastion/siege didnt grant Ewar immunity anymore, which can be interesting change (if we still get some buff while siegeing/in bastion mode, coz you know Scorpions are here to *** your day),
but it seems akward they didnt think of PvE. Marauders and Dreads looks awesome on PvE, with range/tank being really interesting and damage application being nice with the right fit, if that isn't actually true just because of NPC ewar... that's really a problem. CCP, fix it ? please ?



The real kick in the balls marauders are getting is no refitting in bastion. At least before they had the what would have been unique immunity but now that is gone too.
S4ndman
Durar Corporation
#86 - 2016-04-26 12:54:43 UTC
Can someone explain to me why the nalgfar gets 2 turret slots while the other ones get 3 weapon slots?

I'm not used to capital ships, but it made me curious.. Blink
CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#87 - 2016-04-26 12:55:37 UTC
Seth Quantix wrote:
SO maybe that's just me, but I tested out naglfar PvE. Being sensor dampened by serpentis to 15 km lock range by FRIGS felt weird. I mean, am I not supposed to be flying a giant almighty fortress, designed for annihilation and obliteration ?
Just my 2 cents.


Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
I think that is a bug. Rats curantly ignore the resistances


As Lugh Crow said, this is a bug. Currently rats ignore resistances. We working on getting this fixed ASAP :)

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#88 - 2016-04-26 12:58:44 UTC
S4ndman wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the nalgfar gets 2 turret slots while the other ones get 3 weapon slots?

I'm not used to capital ships, but it made me curious.. Blink


This is because of a limitation on the Nalgfar model. Long term, its something we want to fix :) For now the Nalgfar gets a bit of an advantage with ammo/modules required.

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

Rabbit P
Nuwa Foundation
The Therapists
#89 - 2016-04-26 13:03:03 UTC
anything about the siege (triage also), weapon timer, combat refitting?
We need a clear statement about this issue.
CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#90 - 2016-04-26 13:10:59 UTC
Rabbit P wrote:
anything about the siege (triage also), weapon timer, combat refitting?
We need a clear statement about this issue.


This is in the patch notes (found here) Smile
Quote:
Refitting in space will no longer be possible with a weapons timer.


There is no exception to this rule for Triage, Siege or Bastion.

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

S4ndman
Durar Corporation
#91 - 2016-04-26 13:12:11 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
S4ndman wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the nalgfar gets 2 turret slots while the other ones get 3 weapon slots?

I'm not used to capital ships, but it made me curious.. Blink


This is because of a limitation on the Nalgfar model. Long term, its something we want to fix :) For now the Nalgfar gets a bit of an advantage with ammo/modules required.


So, comparing with the moros, that somehow shares the same kind of bonuses (damage/reps) there's a big gap between them? The moros looks much better then the nag.

Thanks,

o7
Michael Oskold
Adversity.
Snuffed Out
#92 - 2016-04-26 13:13:21 UTC
Panther X wrote:
Well GG Amarr/Caldari your dreads have just been nerfed into uselessness.
Why would anyone bother with them anymore when the Gallente Moros is vastly superior? The 3rd racial bonus for Rev/Phoenix is totally useless.

Ugh


you are in high flyers so i will assume you actually believe this. have fun dying to revs/phoenix post patch. B)
Michael Oskold
Adversity.
Snuffed Out
#93 - 2016-04-26 13:21:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Oskold
S4ndman wrote:
CCP Larrikin wrote:
S4ndman wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the nalgfar gets 2 turret slots while the other ones get 3 weapon slots?

I'm not used to capital ships, but it made me curious.. Blink


This is because of a limitation on the Nalgfar model. Long term, its something we want to fix :) For now the Nalgfar gets a bit of an advantage with ammo/modules required.


So, comparing with the moros, that somehow shares the same kind of bonuses (damage/reps) there's a big gap between them? The moros looks much better then the nag.

Thanks,

o7


nag is essentially capless post patch, making it extremely powerful. along with selectable damage and a utility high for a cap neut, they will be mean cap killing machines. the moros has the worst cap out of all the dreads currently and the rep bonus, while good on paper, isn't good functionally. moros will require nos + cap injects to be used(unless hull tank :D) but it is still a king of blap. and it also has void now B)
S4ndman
Durar Corporation
#94 - 2016-04-26 13:22:38 UTC
Michael Oskold wrote:
S4ndman wrote:
CCP Larrikin wrote:
S4ndman wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the nalgfar gets 2 turret slots while the other ones get 3 weapon slots?

I'm not used to capital ships, but it made me curious.. Blink


This is because of a limitation on the Nalgfar model. Long term, its something we want to fix :) For now the Nalgfar gets a bit of an advantage with ammo/modules required.


So, comparing with the moros, that somehow shares the same kind of bonuses (damage/reps) there's a big gap between them? The moros looks much better then the nag.

Thanks,

o7


nag is essentially capless post patch, making it extremely powerful. along with selectable damage and a utility high for a cap neut, they will be mean cap killing machines. the moros has the worst cap out of all the dreads currently and the rep bonus, while good on paper, isn't good functionally. moros will require nos + cap injects to be used(unless hull tank :D) but it is still a king of blap. and it also has void now B)


Nice to know nalgfar's will be in a good spot. They are awesome.
Seth Quantix
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2016-04-26 13:32:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Seth Quantix
truly void moros will be scary. Like deep sea fish lanterna-thingy scary.
Also, about the neuting dread thing : dont bring your shiny bhalgorn neuting machine anywhere near 10k of a moros.
Just don't.

Michael Oskold wrote:
nag is essentially capless post patch, making it extremely powerful.

Also, this <3

Can someone theorycraft a build really quick for a blapping void moros on sisi ? Can't fly them and I'd like to see the numbers.
Rabbit P
Nuwa Foundation
The Therapists
#96 - 2016-04-26 13:57:13 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Rabbit P wrote:
anything about the siege (triage also), weapon timer, combat refitting?
We need a clear statement about this issue.


This is in the patch notes (found here) Smile
Quote:
Refitting in space will no longer be possible with a weapons timer.


There is no exception to this rule for Triage, Siege or Bastion.



currently we don't have weapon timer while in siege

in the first dev blog "REWORKING CAPITAL SHIPS: AND THUS IT BEGINS!"

Quote:
We're considering adding a weapons timer to triage & siege modes


so what is the plan now? will weapon timer be added to siege / triage module, like bastion?
CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#97 - 2016-04-26 14:25:48 UTC
Rabbit P wrote:
so what is the plan now? will weapon timer be added to siege / triage module, like bastion?


No :)

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

Alexiel Fireborn
Perkone
Caldari State
#98 - 2016-04-26 15:12:15 UTC
Seth Quantix wrote:
Alexiel Fireborn wrote:
We've introduced new High Angle Weaponry, these are the 'Quad Mega Pulse Laser', 'Quad 800mm Repeating Cannon', 'Triple Neutron Blaster Cannon' and 'Rapid Torpedo Launcher'.

So Phoenix will get rapid torpedoe launcher , i can be mistaken but pattern for rapid launchers is for long range type ammunitions (there are rapid light missile launcher not rapid rocket launcher etc ...) , not close range , and if this new weapon system is designed as anti-subcaps can you explane me how u`ll hit something sub-cap with torpedoes?
Did u took ur medicine ccp?

Imho this dreads change is rush , wrong and awfull!
DOH!


you're mistaken, cruise are for long range. And chimera application is one of the best you can get, since tracking on the turret guns is still awful (hard time hitting NPC cruiser orbiting at 0.1 angular speed, with double painter).


Are you high?
1st of all i dont think you even read my post , 2nd your post have almost no sense ...
Havent time to draw u a pictore so i`ll leave it that way. Fly safe.
Goldensaver
Something Went Wrong
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#99 - 2016-04-26 15:41:15 UTC
Alexiel Fireborn wrote:
Seth Quantix wrote:
Alexiel Fireborn wrote:
We've introduced new High Angle Weaponry, these are the 'Quad Mega Pulse Laser', 'Quad 800mm Repeating Cannon', 'Triple Neutron Blaster Cannon' and 'Rapid Torpedo Launcher'.

So Phoenix will get rapid torpedoe launcher , i can be mistaken but pattern for rapid launchers is for long range type ammunitions (there are rapid light missile launcher not rapid rocket launcher etc ...) , not close range , and if this new weapon system is designed as anti-subcaps can you explane me how u`ll hit something sub-cap with torpedoes?
Did u took ur medicine ccp?

Imho this dreads change is rush , wrong and awfull!
DOH!


you're mistaken, cruise are for long range. And chimera application is one of the best you can get, since tracking on the turret guns is still awful (hard time hitting NPC cruiser orbiting at 0.1 angular speed, with double painter).


Are you high?
1st of all i dont think you even read my post , 2nd your post have almost no sense ...
Havent time to draw u a pictore so i`ll leave it that way. Fly safe.

To more accurately answer your question, yes. The trend for rapid launchers is long range, however the trend for high angle weapons is the close range variant. The use of torpedoes in the capital sized weapon system is to keep it more in line with other ships in its class. With things like this all Capital sized anti-subcapital weapons are short range so no single ship has a massive range advantage.
Alexiel Fireborn
Perkone
Caldari State
#100 - 2016-04-26 15:45:03 UTC

To more accurately answer your question, yes. The trend for rapid launchers is long range, however the trend for high angle weapons is the close range variant. The use of torpedoes in the capital sized weapon system is to keep it more in line with other ships in its class. With things like this all Capital sized anti-subcapital weapons are short range so no single ship has a massive range advantage.[/quote]

Can you Honestly describe Torpedoes as a "anti-subcapital weapon" !?...