These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Citadels] Dreadnoughts

First post
Author
Lugh Crow-Slave
#61 - 2016-04-26 08:33:08 UTC
Postman wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
PinkKnife wrote:
Any plans to adjust the Moros' ridiculous range advantage? Or to make XL rails/Beams worth a damn?

I don't mind the bonus changes, but if you're rebalancing the weapon systems, the lack of purpose for the longer range turrets needs to be looked at. With Scorch reaching out to 100km, there's literally no reason to run Beams. Not that there was much of one to start with.

Also, Moros reaching out to 80km is absurd.


Ooo, you will be surprised.

LR guns may turn out to be actually useful. Because of nanocarriers / nanoFAXes. No joke.

Capital prop mods -> carriers doing 1000m/s. Oh, you sieged? We'll just kite you to 200km and send out these fighter clouds of doom at you while you sit still there and play with your short range guns.

Carriers can actually target and engage well over 10000km away. Sure it will take forever for the fighters to reach the target but with a static non moving object like a dread this matters little. Even more so for Citadels and POS.

It will take more tackle support then ever and a lot of relocating to counter this.



Umm carriers can't really hurt dreads or structures and even if your fighters lived long enough to make that trip over half of your dps is limited to 8 shots then you need to fly them all the way back.

The effective range for a carrier is about 80-90km
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#62 - 2016-04-26 08:41:47 UTC
Postman wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
PinkKnife wrote:
Any plans to adjust the Moros' ridiculous range advantage? Or to make XL rails/Beams worth a damn?

I don't mind the bonus changes, but if you're rebalancing the weapon systems, the lack of purpose for the longer range turrets needs to be looked at. With Scorch reaching out to 100km, there's literally no reason to run Beams. Not that there was much of one to start with.

Also, Moros reaching out to 80km is absurd.


Ooo, you will be surprised.

LR guns may turn out to be actually useful. Because of nanocarriers / nanoFAXes. No joke.

Capital prop mods -> carriers doing 1000m/s. Oh, you sieged? We'll just kite you to 200km and send out these fighter clouds of doom at you while you sit still there and play with your short range guns.

Carriers can actually target and engage well over 10000km away. Sure it will take forever for the fighters to reach the target but with a static non moving object like a dread this matters little. Even more so for Citadels and POS.

It will take more tackle support then ever and a lot of relocating to counter this.



Your name is ironic because real post would arrive BEFORE fighters over those ranges.
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#63 - 2016-04-26 08:50:41 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
Postman wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
PinkKnife wrote:
Any plans to adjust the Moros' ridiculous range advantage? Or to make XL rails/Beams worth a damn?

I don't mind the bonus changes, but if you're rebalancing the weapon systems, the lack of purpose for the longer range turrets needs to be looked at. With Scorch reaching out to 100km, there's literally no reason to run Beams. Not that there was much of one to start with.

Also, Moros reaching out to 80km is absurd.


Ooo, you will be surprised.

LR guns may turn out to be actually useful. Because of nanocarriers / nanoFAXes. No joke.

Capital prop mods -> carriers doing 1000m/s. Oh, you sieged? We'll just kite you to 200km and send out these fighter clouds of doom at you while you sit still there and play with your short range guns.

Carriers can actually target and engage well over 10000km away. Sure it will take forever for the fighters to reach the target but with a static non moving object like a dread this matters little. Even more so for Citadels and POS.

It will take more tackle support then ever and a lot of relocating to counter this.



Your name is ironic because real post would arrive BEFORE fighters over those ranges.


But for deliveries on time, I wouldn't rely on the postal services.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#64 - 2016-04-26 09:06:25 UTC
I wouldn't relay on fighters either mate Blink

Point blank FTW (or the minnie carriers)
Lugh Crow-Slave
#65 - 2016-04-26 09:10:47 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
I wouldn't relay on fighters either mate Blink

Point blank FTW (or the minnie carriers)



Dreads are better than carriers in almost every way. Carriers look like they were pre-nerffed hopefully this means there will be number tweaking between now and summer
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#66 - 2016-04-26 09:26:47 UTC
I don't know how bad the new Revelation is really going to be... but remember that the Rev was by far the best dread for many years until the last major rebalancing. I guess that is the reason why CCP has no problem with it being the weakest dread for a few more years. Eventually there will be another rebalance that will make the Moros suck again and the Rev superior ;)

Lesson is: Just train all dreads to V, then you don't have to care :p

.

Vibiana
Frontier Trading Company
#67 - 2016-04-26 09:43:13 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
I don't know how bad the new Revelation is really going to be... but remember that the Rev was by far the best dread for many years until the last major rebalancing. I guess that is the reason why CCP has no problem with it being the weakest dread for a few more years. Eventually there will be another rebalance that will make the Moros suck again and the Rev superior ;)

Lesson is: Just train all dreads to V, then you don't have to care :p


I love the looks of my Sarum Rev, and hate vertical pile of junk.

FC what do?

Base Cap/s is better in nag than in rev. All prise minmatar cap supremacy!
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#68 - 2016-04-26 09:54:06 UTC
Well then I guess for you the price of beauty is suffering (from poor stats) Big smile

.

CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#69 - 2016-04-26 09:56:45 UTC
Anduin Spartan wrote:
I don't see any capital turret hard points on the build requirements for the Naglfar and why are Capital Drone Bays needed??


Postman wrote:
How is it possible that the Naglfar numbers are the same as the Lif numbers? Copy/paste error?


Yes, copy/paste error, thanks for catching it guys :)

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#70 - 2016-04-26 10:02:58 UTC
Bagdh Dearg wrote:
Are we still getting the changes to the Siege module detailed in the CapitalFocusGroup thread?

Quote:
Everything else about these is staying the same (repair bonus etc). Except we've removed the Scan Res penalty, Number of Locked Targets Penalty, and the Target Loss on Activation (not sure about that last one, it might come back).


Yes it is. I'll update the OP to include this. Thanks mate.

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

Bagdh Dearg
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2016-04-26 10:08:21 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Bagdh Dearg wrote:
Are we still getting the changes to the Siege module detailed in the CapitalFocusGroup thread?

Quote:
Everything else about these is staying the same (repair bonus etc). Except we've removed the Scan Res penalty, Number of Locked Targets Penalty, and the Target Loss on Activation (not sure about that last one, it might come back).


Yes it is. I'll update the OP to include this. Thanks mate.


Ah fantastic, thanks a lot.
Seth Quantix
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2016-04-26 10:16:15 UTC
SO maybe that's just me, but I tested out naglfar PvE. Being sensor dampened by serpentis to 15 km lock range by FRIGS felt weird. I mean, am I not supposed to be flying a giant almighty fortress, designed for annihilation and obliteration ?
Just my 2 cents.
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#73 - 2016-04-26 10:18:40 UTC
Did you go into siege? Shouldn't be possible to damp you that much in siege because of stacking effects.

.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#74 - 2016-04-26 10:18:55 UTC
I think that is a bug. Rats curantly ignore the resistances
Seth Quantix
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2016-04-26 10:20:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Seth Quantix
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Did you go into siege? Shouldn't be possible to damp you that much in siege because of stacking effects.


I was in siege, and yes I succeded being dampenend by 3 frigs simultaneously.

What exactly do you mean ignoring resists ? they dont take the siege reduction to damp in account ?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#76 - 2016-04-26 10:47:20 UTC
Seth Quantix wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Did you go into siege? Shouldn't be possible to damp you that much in siege because of stacking effects.


I was in siege, and yes I succeded being dampenend by 3 frigs simultaneously.

What exactly do you mean ignoring resists ? they dont take the siege reduction to damp in account ?


Exactly not to big of a deal on dreads but marauder bastion mode also has this problem
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#77 - 2016-04-26 11:06:09 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Seth Quantix wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Did you go into siege? Shouldn't be possible to damp you that much in siege because of stacking effects.


I was in siege, and yes I succeded being dampenend by 3 frigs simultaneously.

What exactly do you mean ignoring resists ? they dont take the siege reduction to damp in account ?


Exactly not to big of a deal on dreads but marauder bastion mode also has this problem



Bastion is 100% immunity
Lugh Crow-Slave
#78 - 2016-04-26 11:10:06 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Seth Quantix wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Did you go into siege? Shouldn't be possible to damp you that much in siege because of stacking effects.


I was in siege, and yes I succeded being dampenend by 3 frigs simultaneously.

What exactly do you mean ignoring resists ? they dont take the siege reduction to damp in account ?


Exactly not to big of a deal on dreads but marauder bastion mode also has this problem



Bastion is 100% immunity


They moved it back because they could not fix the bug you can see the relevant thread on the test server feedback
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#79 - 2016-04-26 11:11:54 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Seth Quantix wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Did you go into siege? Shouldn't be possible to damp you that much in siege because of stacking effects.


I was in siege, and yes I succeded being dampenend by 3 frigs simultaneously.

What exactly do you mean ignoring resists ? they dont take the siege reduction to damp in account ?


Exactly not to big of a deal on dreads but marauder bastion mode also has this problem



Bastion is 100% immunity


They moved it back because they could not fix the bug you can see the relevant thread on the test server feedback



What the ****? Bastion losing immunity?!
Lugh Crow-Slave
#80 - 2016-04-26 11:37:26 UTC
Lol idk we did give a good amount of reasons not to do who knows