These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Citadels are now on Singularity

First post
Author
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#361 - 2016-04-07 09:21:40 UTC
Destiny Dain2 wrote:
Mumemafu Praetoriam wrote:
Now I cant dock in any of my Citatels, the reason is the old "profile" isent aplyed anymore, and there is no option to change it.
Any clues?

ty

Drag and drop row of the Citadel you want to add from the profile column before the State column over on to the profile name. It will add it to that profile.

EDITED: Do this with Any profile selected or if your in a profile you can select from any blank column to drag and drop from.

We are looking at making this easier and more obvious

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#362 - 2016-04-07 09:24:45 UTC
Destiny Dain2 wrote:
Destiny Dain2 wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:
We will be monitoring this thread regularly, even if we are not replying, we will be reading the posts so please give us all the feedback you have.

Go forth and build,
Game of Drones.

Is this a bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrDuiwpJT8

Did you change your minds about Doomsday on all sizes of Citadels?

Sorry Claymore one more thing.

I was playing with the market today and noticed when I set up a couple groups for the market, because I am the sole owner and member in my corp. (not including my alt) I am the admin for all groups and because of that I am given an average of the different fees.

example: In one group I have myself at 0% tax and in a public group I set at 15%, because I am the admin for both groups I am being charged 12% for my sales for brokers fee.

Is there a way to exclude admin. and managers from group settings?. If not, can we?

I think this is actually your skills that are bringing this down to 12%.

I will take a look at how the ordering of these is working exactly.

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

Erin Aldent
Eagle Wing Industries
Triumvirate.
#363 - 2016-04-07 10:44:12 UTC
The refine taxes seem a bit wonky, I had 2 rates, public at 1% and corp and 0.5%, it wanted to charge me the 1% public rate every time.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#364 - 2016-04-07 16:39:57 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:

Compression we are keeping tied with reprocessing and not taxable, but I am curious why you would want it separate and taxable?

The reason to separate it

if i cant tax or block compression then i can simply compress over 1Mm3 of ore and haul it 13 or so jumps to the inebitable citadel that will have 0 or almost 0 refining

or the main reason i want it for citadels

say i set up a citadel with the hopes of getting a small local market going.

in order to do this i set up the citadel to have 0 refine to promote the buy and sell of ore and minerals in my citadel however there is a better place to sell 15 or so jumps from me. why would anyone want to sell here if they can just compress for free and then easily haul over to that other market?(this will be an issue as well when assembly is added)

and finally as a citadel owner why can i not charge for a servace i am paying to fuel.

there are also situations where compression is the only service that would be needed meaning i have no hope making isk off of ppl refining in my citadel such as out of the way ice belts in systems with no station or systems no where near stations but large numbers of ore belts.

basically forcing us to let ppl compress if we want to try to tax refining makes it really hard to tax refining. It limits tools to help prompt new local markets. and finanly it limits potential opportunities for players to be able to isk should they see a need for compression but not refining
Jerppu3
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#365 - 2016-04-07 17:38:59 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:

Compression we are keeping tied with reprocessing and not taxable, but I am curious why you would want it separate and taxable?

The reason to separate it

if i cant tax or block compression then i can simply compress over 1Mm3 of ore and haul it 13 or so jumps to the inebitable citadel that will have 0 or almost 0 refining

or the main reason i want it for citadels

say i set up a citadel with the hopes of getting a small local market going.

in order to do this i set up the citadel to have 0 refine to promote the buy and sell of ore and minerals in my citadel however there is a better place to sell 15 or so jumps from me. why would anyone want to sell here if they can just compress for free and then easily haul over to that other market?(this will be an issue as well when assembly is added)

and finally as a citadel owner why can i not charge for a servace i am paying to fuel.

there are also situations where compression is the only service that would be needed meaning i have no hope making isk off of ppl refining in my citadel such as out of the way ice belts in systems with no station or systems no where near stations but large numbers of ore belts.

basically forcing us to let ppl compress if we want to try to tax refining makes it really hard to tax refining. It limits tools to help prompt new local markets. and finanly it limits potential opportunities for players to be able to isk should they see a need for compression but not refining

AGREED! ofc compression need to be separeted from refining. What's the point to deploy citadel in system and offer public services like reprocessing and compressing, when everyone can compress the minerals/ice and haul them away for free. All I get is the fuel bill.
Destiny Dain2
Your Destiny Corporation
#366 - 2016-04-07 19:49:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Dain2
CCP Claymore wrote:
Destiny Dain2 wrote:
Destiny Dain2 wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:
We will be monitoring this thread regularly, even if we are not replying, we will be reading the posts so please give us all the feedback you have.

Go forth and build,
Game of Drones.

Is this a bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrDuiwpJT8

Did you change your minds about Doomsday on all sizes of Citadels?

I was playing with the market today and noticed when I set up a couple groups for the market, because I am the sole owner and member in my corp. (not including my alt) I am the admin for all groups and because of that I am given an average of the different fees.

example: In one group I have myself at 0% tax and in a public group I set at 15%, because I am the admin for both groups I am being charged 12% for my sales for brokers fee.

Is there a way to exclude admin. and managers from group settings?. If not, can we?

You gave me an idea there. I will try to reorder the groups and see the outcome.

EDITED: No, just goes alphabetically.
Cordella Rex
Transporting important stuff
#367 - 2016-04-07 22:09:16 UTC
Hello CCP, thanks for answerings questions etc.

I was wondering if we could hear your thoughts on the subject of capital production in citadels.

Will you be able to produce super capitals inside XL citadels in nullsec and Low security space?

if not are there any plans to maybe introduce a mechanic somewhat like sov to make production of super caps avalible in low sec sometime in the future?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#368 - 2016-04-07 22:55:41 UTC
Cordella Rex wrote:

I was wondering if we could hear your thoughts on the subject of capital production in citadels.

Will you be able to produce super capitals inside XL citadels in nullsec and Low security space?

if not are there any plans to maybe introduce a mechanic somewhat like sov to make production of super caps avalible in low sec sometime in the future?

assembly probably wont be out until the structures for it are

i would like super production to be moved to LS so that med sized groups could produce them but i doubt it will happen unless CCP add more reasons to live in null atm its just moons and super production
Destiny Dain2
Your Destiny Corporation
#369 - 2016-04-07 23:10:41 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Cordella Rex wrote:

assembly probably wont be out until the structures for it are

i would like super production to be moved to LS so that med sized groups could produce them but i doubt it will happen unless CCP add more reasons to live in null atm its just moons and super production

My guess is next will either be a Research Facility or Mining Facility. They might even talk about what is next at Fanfest. Here's Hoping.
Cordella Rex
#370 - 2016-04-07 23:51:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Cordella Rex
is the 2k dps you get out the sub capital citadel launchers on the Fortizar (large) intentional or just placeholder numbers? seems VERY low compared to the capital launcher numbers of 47 000 fully maxxed out with ballistics? this is excluding fighters/bombs

Also the drone interface dosen't pop up when you're launching them from the citadel
Lugh Crow-Slave
#371 - 2016-04-08 01:13:08 UTC
Cordella Rex wrote:
is the 2k dps you get out the sub capital citadel launchers on the Fortizar (large) intentional or just placeholder numbers? seems VERY low compared to the capital launcher numbers of 47 000 fully maxxed out with ballistics? this is excluding fighters/bombs

Also the drone interface dosen't pop up when you're launching them from the citadel

not to mention that with fleet support the capital launchers do right around the same(sometimes more) dps to subcaps
Cordella Rex
#372 - 2016-04-08 01:19:14 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Cordella Rex wrote:

not to mention that with fleet support the capital launchers do right around the same(sometimes more) dps to subcaps

aye I just saw that on the test server, has to be a placeholder, numbers are just wrong... also curious if they will introduce Drone damage amplifiers for the citadel lowslots
Lugh Crow-Slave
#373 - 2016-04-08 01:22:08 UTC
Cordella Rex wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Cordella Rex wrote:

aye I just saw that on the test server, has to be a placeholder, numbers are just wrong... also curious if they will introduce Drone damage amplifiers for the citadel lowslots

they used to have ones for the fighters but they seem to be gone now
Cordella Rex
#374 - 2016-04-08 01:44:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Cordella Rex
I figure 15k ish dps on subcap guns is a reasonable number, and maybe bring down the capital guns to closer to 30, cuz I don't see anything but supercarriers/titans going anywhere near citadels if a large can put out 47 k dps WITHOUT fighters, so what like 60k with heavy fighters? any dread in siege will go down in like 30 secs.

or is this intentional design to promote citadels to only be attackable by huge subcapital blobs with heavy resists tanks and t2 logi?
Destiny Dain2
Your Destiny Corporation
#375 - 2016-04-08 01:59:57 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
Destiny Dain2 wrote:

I was able to temporarily bypass this for the moment by making my master group with my 0% Tax at the bottom of the list of groups by calling it zzMaster and I am getting my 0% taxes now.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#376 - 2016-04-08 02:11:45 UTC
Cordella Rex wrote:
I figure 15k ish dps on subcap guns is a reasonable number, and maybe bring down the capital guns to closer to 30, cuz I don't see anything but supercarriers/titans going anywhere near citadels if a large can put out 47 k dps WITHOUT fighters, so what like 60k with heavy fighters? any dread in siege will go down in like 30 secs.

or is this intentional design to promote citadels to only be attackable by huge subcapital blobs with heavy resists tanks and t2 logi?

The sub cap guns should not have any more than 9km dps on XL

15k is way to much
Cordella Rex
#377 - 2016-04-08 03:03:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Cordella Rex
9k seems way too low, if it obliterates capitals it should be able to atleast destroy subcaps with some effiency, 9k would not break anything in a resist proteus fleet with t2 logi, the meta would stay the same and ppl will just en masse t3 blobs for victory.

In fact now that I reflect on it, 15k is probably right on the edge of too low, should probably be closer to 20k to make any attack on a citadel costly and not a routine operation of grinding down enemy structures with no meaning or risk.

keep in mind these are missiles, they have application criteria (explosion velocity and radius) that you have to meet to get the full effect. Not station guns with perfect tracking. 15k I think you would probably effectively apply around 9k anyways on most sub capital targets.
Darryn Lowe
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#378 - 2016-04-08 04:21:51 UTC
Is there a step by step guide to deploying these things?

I've deployed the little fella but I can't dock because it's not online but I can't workout how to online it.

The Anchoring timer says 0s but it's been saying that all day.
Destiny Dain2
Your Destiny Corporation
#379 - 2016-04-08 04:44:37 UTC
Darryn Lowe wrote:

I've deployed the little fella but I can't dock because it's not online but I can't workout how to online it.

It is just a bug, Citadels online automatically when timer runs to zero. Leave system before downtime 05:00 and when you return after down time and refresh the system. It might online it for you. I had that happen today to me and went online the second I entered the system to investigate.
Darryn Lowe
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#380 - 2016-04-08 06:05:56 UTC
Destiny Dain2 wrote:
Darryn Lowe wrote:

It is just a bug, Citadels online automatically when timer runs to zero. Leave system before downtime 05:00 and when you return after down time and refresh the system. It might online it for you. I had that happen today to me and went online the second I entered the system to investigate.

You are a legend. Thanks for that. It's working now.