These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Greater Fool Bar

First post
Author
Laudenum Hayes
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#2981 - 2015-11-10 15:25:48 UTC
*Stands at the bar unmoving while everyone else comes up from duck mode*

Whoa, I have got to get me one of those....
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2982 - 2015-11-10 20:50:04 UTC
*Slowly rises her head from behind the counter*

Wha, wha, wha...?!

Huh... *coughs* What was that?
Omega Jovakko
Doomheim
#2983 - 2015-11-10 21:05:02 UTC
Omega entered the room, the pleasant feel of the cool air around him and the potent smell of alcohol filling his lungs gave him a sense of calm he hadn't felt for some time. it was an odd place, upon entering he took notice of the large numbers that occupied the bar, feeling no hostility he knew he was home and would be staying for some time. Setting his credits on the bar, he smiled actively at the staff and chuckled as he looked at the selection. There were favorites of his, and there were those he hadn't tried before. The feel of the cold leather stool under his body felt like the taverns on TU-90v, but the table felt like those from Uneris 12, it was a nice combination that wouldn't be easy to forget.

After debating for a considerable amount of time, and munching on several handfuls of synthetic nuts. the alcohol helped to dull the boredom for some time until his corp returned to mine some more.

"What's the house recommendation?"

"Let them try and come. They've got 3 for every 1 of ours, it'll be a great time"

Laudenum Hayes
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#2984 - 2015-11-11 12:15:29 UTC
Laudenum rushes in the bar carrying a large box marked 'Nerf' and several unmarked boxes of electrical gear.

She stops at the bar, gingerly shifting the packages and looks at Omega.

"Order the afterburner. Just be sure to blow it out first before you drink it."

Laud giggles as she sprints to her room.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2985 - 2015-11-12 11:08:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Absently wondering past the bar, Scip catches the slightest glimpse of Laud as she rushes through the door.

Snapping to consciousness, his stride gains a new purpose as he makes for the entrance, determined to finally buy her a drink.

"Oh no" he thinks to himself. "Is that Laud's giggle? I think it is."

Scip faints. Lying on the pavement out front, he's slumped like the local homeless drunk.....why does Laud have that effect?
RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2986 - 2015-11-12 17:23:54 UTC
Ro casually steps over Scipio's prone form near the doorway without recognizing him, and meanders over to the bar. Finding a vacant space to lean in, he catches the barkeep's attention.

"Lemme have a slutty redhead. Make it a double!"

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Laudenum Hayes
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#2987 - 2015-11-12 17:50:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Laudenum Hayes
Laudenum steps out of her room wearing a black bikini top and matching synthetic "birth control" miniskirt. Her red hair bound in a tie dyed scarf and barnstorming goggles over her eyes. She moves smoothly in stilleto heels bringing her height to truly amazonian levels. Strapped on her back is a large container with a belt feed going into a bright yellow multi-barreled nerf gun that would intimidate a Matari drop soldier.

She steps into the bar proper and the volume level drops as the patrons take notice. There is an ominous sound as the barrels on the weapon begin rotating at high speed. Tension in the room builds.

With a howl that rivals the beasts of the underworld, she yanks back on the trigger and a barrage of yellow tracers erupt from the spinning barrels. She turns around the room, prowling in the heels as yellow foam darts stick to any flat surface about the bar and dance floor. A few unfortunate patrons not quick enough to duck under the tables find their foreheads tagged with suction cup foam darts.

Seconds go by as the darts whirl around the room in a cloud. Succus takes an expensive bottle of alcohol down from the top shelf and casually goes back to wiping the bar.

She runs out of ammunition just as the howl of glee dies in her throat. She gasps for breath, chest heaving.

With a smile, she turns to Succus and says, "Sorry, had to get that out of my system."

She turns to survey the foamy carnage she wrought and sees the unconscious form of Scipio lying on the walkway outside the bar. A sob escapes her...

She shrugs out of the heavy pack and drops the firearm to the ground with a gasp. Running to the front door, she pulls a dart from the front glass with a "smack" sound. As the tears stream from her eyes, she drops to the ground and gingerly sticks the dart to Scipio's forehead.

She gently lifts his head and cradles it in her lap sobbing.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2988 - 2015-11-12 21:17:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai raises her head (again) from behind the counter and looks at Succus with a inquirng gaze in her green eyes.

"Laudenum. Something about a nerf gun", answers the barman. "Just foam darts, the weapon systems didn't reacted"
"Where is she?"
"Outside."

Indahmawar Fazmarai walks to the door with a puzzled expression in her face. She looks mroe fragile than usual, wearing a oversize Interbus jacket and black skinny pants on her slender legs.

Outside of the bar, Indahmawar meets Scipio with a dart stuck to his head and Laudenum Hayes sobbing by him, holding his head in her lap and apparently oblivious to everything. Feeling embarrassed, Indahmawar hesitates and just stands by Laude, until her rising as a lady shows and she acts.

Placing a hand on Laudenum's shoulder, Indahmawar crouches by her and answers, calmly:

"What's going on? Are you fine? Can I do something for you?"
RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2989 - 2015-11-12 21:37:12 UTC
Ro rises from behind the bar, pulls a suction cup dart loose from his left sunglasses lense with a soft pop, and looks out the front door at Laudenum's back where she was crouched down by Scipio. He turns back to the barkeep. "Yeah, on second thought, a double shot of your strongest whisky."

He lightly sticks the dart to the bartop.

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Omega Jovakko
Doomheim
#2990 - 2015-11-15 06:04:54 UTC
"If at all possible," He mentioned, wiping some nerf darts from his section of the bar counter
"I would like an Afterburner, can I get two actually?"
He fully intended to go broke after tonight, and this establishment felt like home!

"Let them try and come. They've got 3 for every 1 of ours, it'll be a great time"

Yiole Gionglao
#2991 - 2015-11-25 22:59:32 UTC
Yiole Gionglao handed her pad to Twinkle, displaying a picture on it as she said:

"That was at 16, do you see those crazy dreadlocks? That's why they called me Coconut."
"You were, like, you very tall, don't?
"Yes, I had stretched very fast between 14 and 16. But just look at those hips, I wouldn't get some curves there until I was 20. Anyway I was very muscular then, had been training since 13"
"And you were a fighter?"
"Mud wrestler, actually. That is a thing in Gallente space... I had a small career by 17, then it went down"
"But how?"
"Oh, I was with the wrong people. Girl meets boy, boy haves shady business, girl losses boy and career."
"Oh, that's sad"
"That's past. Back then I didn't planned to be a capsuleer. I didn't have any plans for my life, literally. My parents where just hiding me, I was embarrassing to them. Had failed at a military school and a civilian one, when the wrestling thing was spoiled I just had to look for something else to try."
"And what did you do?"
"A bit of everything unqualified, until I read and advertisement to train as a planetary miner. Tough work but well paid. And then, there was that boy who was a miner and so I already knew what was the trade"
"You liked mining. You still are a miner now"
"Yes, liked it. Also was a crazy experience. I worked on three different mines, the last one was in a airless barren world. A very closed environment with little to do and a shortage of females. That was about as toxic as men can turn such a environment, until we the girls figured a way to relieve pressure"
"But you stopped being a miner?"
"Yes, but that's a long story."
"Well if nobody else flinges things in this direction... I can listen"
"As you wish..."

Succus looked at Twinkle and Yiole. He had listened a few words and knew that Yiole already had told the same things to Twinkle several times before. But she didn't cared to repeat them; for some reason, Twinkle looked calm and almost would not twist his neck when he was talking to Yiole...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#2992 - 2015-11-26 05:43:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Esrevid Nekkeg
A long while ago an old friend casually recommended me to pay this bar a visit, if I had the time and happened to be in the neighbourhood.
His recommendation lingered in the back of my head. Slowly fading into vagueness, as those things often go.

Then one day I overheard an acquaintance mention the bar, and I remembered.
Remembering led to looking, which turned into searching and ultimately it became finding.

'Bartender, one Gulden Draak please, as I heard you serve that here.'

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#2993 - 2015-11-26 16:11:18 UTC
Lea-Marie 'Teacup' Nardieu
Doomheim
#2994 - 2015-12-15 22:28:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Lea-Marie 'Teacup' Nardieu
Not forever on Earth,
only a brief time here!
If made of jade, it fractures;
If made of gold, it ruptures,
If made of quetzal plumes, it tears.
Not forever on Earth:
only a brief time here!

META: Things didn't turned as expected with this take on 'Teacup'. But some another will come and fill the role when I am back to writing more than playing.

Sorry girl, I can't work with that long chin. You know I tried. Ishtanchuk is the only character I've been sculpting longer than you -but she was my first and I had to learn lots of stuff. The Gallente female model is not built to be cute. 3 biomasses, 2 resculpts and God knows how many hours later, that's the lesson.

Maybe not ironically, my first character was also a Gallente and he also was a flop...
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2995 - 2015-12-16 04:29:05 UTC
Laudenum Hayes wrote:
She gently lifts his head and cradles it in her lap sobbing.

Oh man. That whirling sensation you feel in the front of your head when you have a brief moment of vertigo.

Scip gently shakes his head to fight off the sensation, realizing his head is resting in something soft, yet beautifully firm.

Blinking, he opens his eyes to see Laud in matching outfit.

Holy ******* **** Laud. You're frigging hot.
are the only words that pass through his mind.

Cecilia Matilda Fock
The I and F Taxation Trust
#2996 - 2016-02-28 09:40:56 UTC
Cecilia walked into the appartment trying to conceal her smile. She expected to meet Matilda working on the main screen, and there she was, focused on the content on the screen. Cecilia greeted her and Matilda just waved her hand, so conentrated that didn't noticed how Cecilia walked to her.

"Matilda? Can I have yout attention, please?"
"Oh... yes... just wait a minute..."
"Like, now? I've got somethign for you!"
"Something...?"

Cecilia's smile broadened as she took a small case from her purse.

"I thought you would like this..." she said, offering the case to Matilda. Matilda took the case, confused; it looked like a jewerly case... Matilda opened the case and saw the interior; there was a small ankh cross, covered in small stones with a incredible shine. Matilda pulled the ankh and the chain from which it hanged, and saw how the chain was golden and scattered with small stones, spaced one centimeter each.

"Diamonds? Are these... diamonds?", asked Matilda, her eyes wide open and lifting the necklace against the light to see it shine.
"Of course they are. If you notice, there are red diamonds on the ankh... it's a really beautiful piece"
"RED diamonds? Are you insane? Where has this money come from?"
"Money... money is relative. Let's say that, for a few days, the Amarr Navy messed up and handed lots of ISK to some capsuleers... and some of that waterfall of money has trickled down to us. We're spacerich now, sister"
"Spacerich...? You mean...?"
"Billions, sister. Billions upon billions of ISK, straight from the slaver scum."
"But how? When...?
"Details don't matter. Now, do you know of an appropiate place to celebrate this lucky strike?"
"Certainly I do! Just let me pick something to wear..."
"Of course. Take all the time...", answered Cecilia.

Cecilia seated on the couch and sighed, readying herself for a long long wait. Then she recalled the expression in Matilda's eyes whe she noticed the red diamonds on the ankh... Cecilia laughed softly; as children, they used to joke aout how many diamonds they would have when they were old; and how large and what colors they would be, and how many jewels they would wear when going out with friends and their husbands... Several twists and semi-random decissions later, now they could afford diamonds, and maybe more. Becoming rich was not a part in the plan to spread the word of Ashtant among capsuleers, but it wouldn't hurt.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2997 - 2016-05-11 13:48:30 UTC
Bump to prevent auto-locking.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#2998 - 2016-05-11 18:15:28 UTC
One Space Dog please. o/

You know, this one with salted rim.

I am not in the mood to talk really, but I will drink and watch the dancer performing. Aaaaah... those angelic curves and moves... I wonder what she does after work...