These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Compensation for UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME - 20:15 - 2016/02/26

First post
Author
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#21 - 2016-02-27 17:15:51 UTC
If you decide to leave the game after not getting free stuff for an unscheduled downtime, can I have your SP?

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Ian Morbius
Potomac Greeting Card Company
#22 - 2016-02-27 18:19:58 UTC
System came back up. Compensation enough for me.

Good Job EDP,..... or what ever you guys and gals are calling yourself these days.
Josef Djugashvilis
#23 - 2016-02-27 20:50:57 UTC
The CCP gods must be asleep as they have not closed this foolish 'gimme' thread yet.

This is not a signature.

Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2016-02-28 00:12:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyia Suze Nagala
This, really? People are so ungrateful for what we have. Its not a perfect system, not every failure require dolling out compensatory rewards. Its is life. We are two steps above a mouse on our best days. Nothing is guarenteed, education isn't free, housing isn't free, insurance isn't free, and that's how it actually is, and that's how it should be. Even working your arse off doesn't mean anything, but everyone having a fair and equal shot does.

Woah... (SMH) Uhh, Anyway. Uhh compensation really isn't needed for a few hours of downtime. Good day!
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2016-02-28 00:27:56 UTC
How about the fact that CCP probably sat during the night and were fixing many different issues... Isn't that a big enough reward in itself?
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#26 - 2016-02-28 00:37:41 UTC
Doctor on the way to work at the local hospital is texting and drives car into pedestrian.

Doctor gets out of his car and performs on the spot first aid until the paramedics arrive.
He travels with the pedestrian, now patient in the amber lamps to the hospital.
Doctor and patient arrive. One rushes to surgery on a gurney, the other rushes to surgery to perform.

The doctor works for 5 hours on the patient. The patient suffered major head trauma and has now lost a portion of his long term memory. Years of his life are now forever forgotten.

The doctor shouldn't be sued due to his carelessness, his wreckless endangerment because he spent hours performing surgery trying to help the person he initially hurt?

silly people. . . . .
Dalto Bane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2016-02-28 05:37:30 UTC
In the days of 24 hour skill queues, there was a valid reason for SP compensation for long outages due to some not being able to log in and update their queue. Such was the case during Lulzsec DDOSing, when we were not able to log on for three days. We now have unlimited skill queues, and for this particular case, the server was down for a few hours. You really expect compensation for that?? Hell, I feel like I lived through the Eve Online Great Depression compared to how good we have it now. You don't know what hard space pixel life is until CCP steals your boot.ini. Big smile

Drops Mic

Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#28 - 2016-02-28 05:45:55 UTC
All I want is a neat little devblog explaining what happened and how they fixed it. Those are quite fun to read. We don't really need any free SP.

Maybe CCP could keep a record of how many minutes they don't use out of their daily downtime allotment and then use them as roll over minutes for unexpected downtime. IF they exceed those minutes then maybe they could consider some sort of compensation.

If you really want a compensation then ask for a discount on your subscription. You know, vote with your wallet.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#29 - 2016-02-28 05:56:39 UTC
I don't see why there should be compensation TBQH, but I know CCP has done it in the past out of kindness.

Honestly, all I'd expect is that if time was considered passing, reimburse consumed goods like fuels, and if it wasn't, SP for the missing time. And they by no means are obligated to do so.
Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2016-02-28 08:21:56 UTC
Dalto Bane wrote:
In the days of 24 hour skill queues, there was a valid reason for SP compensation for long outages due to some not being able to log in and update their queue. Such was the case during Lulzsec DDOSing, when we were not able to log on for three days. We now have unlimited skill queues, and for this particular case, the server was down for a few hours. You really expect compensation for that?? Hell, I feel like I lived through the Eve Online Great Depression compared to how good we have it now. You don't know what hard space pixel life is until CCP steals your boot.ini. Big smile

This^
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#31 - 2016-02-28 08:25:34 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
The doctor works for 5 hours on the patient. The patient suffered major head trauma and has now lost a portion of his long term memory. Years of his life are now forever forgotten.

Hmm yes I see your point.

It does appear as though you lost a large part of your brain as a result of this downtime.

The rest of us, nothing like that pedestrian.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#32 - 2016-02-28 09:52:09 UTC
gilydurla wrote:
Hello CCP,

Will there be some sort of compensation for UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME - 20:15 - 2016/02/26 ?

Thanks and regards.

You get nothing.

Good day sir.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#33 - 2016-02-28 10:10:26 UTC
Tahn Zanius wrote:
Well, since We pay for game time (plex or bill), and a downtime at friday evening is the moment we play the most, we actually lost a day of game and we should be reimbursed for that, so if CCP will extend by 1 day our licences it would be ok to me.

also says in the tos that they cant guarantee 100% uptime, wow server was down for 3 hours get over it

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Aviola von Yodalgut
Doomheim
#34 - 2016-02-28 13:12:10 UTC
CCP need to think if they want to give out sp as compensation or any other form of compensation every time something goes wrong.

If they don't then they really shouldn't.

This old saying springs to mind.

'Give someone an inch and they'll take a yard'.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#35 - 2016-02-28 13:12:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Can I get compensation for the transient brain damage caused by some of the terrible posts in this thread?

This is one of those threads that repeatedly comes up; in line with GD tradition I hereby assign it a spirit animal, the skunk.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Shelick
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2016-02-28 14:54:05 UTC
gilydurla wrote:
Hello CCP,

Will there be some sort of compensation for UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME - 20:15 - 2016/02/26 ?

Thanks and regards.

Unsub and go play wow or something
Cait Nathair
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2016-02-28 16:45:44 UTC
SP continued accumulating and TQ was only down for four hours.
Hardly enough to demand compensation.
Stop being a dirty freegan.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#38 - 2016-02-28 17:18:53 UTC
You know, it's threads like these that make it so difficult for CCP to give us anything for free at all.

People get comped some SP one time, and now everyone wants it all the time.

CCP gives us Christmas goodies, and people want goodies all the time. And they complain about the free stuff we get at Christmas anyway.

OP, you are literally the reason we can't have nice things.

Go AFK cloak or something.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Ibutho Inkosi
Doomheim
#39 - 2016-02-28 18:15:24 UTC
Always nice to hear from our Genetically Entitled crowd! We await with great anticipation each time you suddenly think someone owes you something! Comedy is so hard to come by sometimes, and you certainly fill the niche.

Thanks again for another jolly laugh!

As long as the tale of the hunt is told by the hunter, and not the lion, it will favor the hunter.

Arton Agittain
Doomheim
#40 - 2016-02-28 18:29:19 UTC
gilydurla wrote:
Hello CCP,

Thanks and regards.

No there will not ...

/thread