These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#201 - 2016-02-14 23:27:19 UTC
I dont really see the problem.

Until golden ammo it makes no difference how people earn their SP to me.
Tetsel
House Amamake
#202 - 2016-02-14 23:31:50 UTC
Inuro Enderas wrote:
As for adaptation, I feel that when the changes aren't accepted by the majority, something ought to happen. Strangely enough I only see sad rants on the forum, nobody rebels anymore, nobody shoots anything anymore.

Maybe the majority of people that cared enough to rebels and shoot things are gone already… Sad
Btw a big part of what, I'll wrongly call "EVE Mythology", is gone, so I'll add a sad rants on the forum.

I feel sad now seeing this happening.

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

Marceline Ravenstar
Doomheim
#203 - 2016-02-14 23:36:15 UTC
This thread in a nutshel:

Abloobloo bloo
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#204 - 2016-02-15 00:20:10 UTC
Freelancer117 wrote:
The Company broke the accord they made with us Capsuleers in 2011 after the Incarna expansion:

"The investment of money in EVE should not give you an unfair advantage over the investment of time."

source: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/accord-reached-at-ccps-special-summit/

Regards, Freelancer

They also want to keep the game running for another decade. The ever-increasing catch up time was hurting new player retention.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#205 - 2016-02-15 00:27:27 UTC
Ashterothi wrote:
No new SP was added to the system, and billions has been removed from the system....
SP farms take a little time to setup. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#206 - 2016-02-15 01:38:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
As any of us know that have been playing for a while, SP is not that important. And it isn't. It's what you do with it that's important. And you don't need a lot of it to do some fun stuff.

Here's the thing. Most new people coming from other MMOs can't wrap their coddled little carebear brains around the difference between SP and experience. So they have a hard time getting into this game not because of the SP disparity being important, but because they perceive that it's important and they are not easily dissuaded from this idea.

So CCP are wisely using that unshakable belief to attract and keep new players. New players that would quit because they are indoctrinated into the common MMO dogma that more SP makes you a better player and they can never hope to catch up to the vets. New players that will soon learn that this game is different, but not until after investing a lot of time and money into it thus making it worth their while to stick around and acquire some actual experience.

The more I think about it, the more I truly believe that this new mechanic is possibly the best idea for new player attraction and retention that CCP could have come up with.

Mr Epeen Cool
Escobar Sr
Gang Bang You're Dead
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#207 - 2016-02-15 01:43:52 UTC
Dunno why I have mixed feelings about this accomplishment. Okay, he can fly all ships, he can use all the turrets, all the missiles, all the everything... but what's the point of spending a f*ckton of injectors just to get PI and other skills that have nothing to do with your actual daily routine?!? Honestly... Maxed PvP skills with Maxed miner to prove what?!?

Beware of this dude, he will kill you with his perfect salvaging skills... The only thing he proved, in my opinion, it's that is do-able... nothing more, nothing less... Besides that... IDK...
Jacques d'Orleans
#208 - 2016-02-15 01:54:46 UTC
Escobar Sr wrote:
Dunno why I have mixed feelings about this accomplishment. Okay, he can fly all ships, he can use all the turrets, all the missiles, all the everything... but what's the point of spending a f*ckton of injectors just to get PI and other skills that have nothing to do with your actual daily routine?!? Honestly... Maxed PvP skills with Maxed miner to prove what?!?

"Look at my huge space wiener, you peasants, me so beaucoup huge, omfg he's so huge!!!!!111!" That's why!

Gunner GzR
Air
The Initiative.
#209 - 2016-02-15 01:59:27 UTC
For me it takes away from the time you put into Eve.. Used to be you had to play for years to get a lot of sp now well you dont so it takes away all the time you have put into the game.. Just a money grab for ccp really.

Change For the Sake of Change is bad Listen to you community CCP We are what make you Money. Remove Local From 0.0 and Low Space Please

Pix Severus
Empty You
#210 - 2016-02-15 02:32:58 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
New players that would quit because they are indoctrinated into the common MMO dogma that more SP makes you a better player and they can never hope to catch up to the vets.

This.

There are a huge amount of bad reviews for EVE left on many sites around the net. Go to any review site and you are guaranteed to find someone crying about not being able to catch up to vets. It's like their brains have been warped by other games, and if they can't be a special snowflake in a game played by thousands of people, then they just aren't interested.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#211 - 2016-02-15 02:35:02 UTC
NovaCat13 wrote:
Demica Diaz wrote:
Even though I am quite neutral about skill injecting feature. This makes me just tiny bit sad. Feels like something from EVE has lost. Wierd feeling. Straight

I know those feels...

Like over a billion SP were lost?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#212 - 2016-02-15 02:46:33 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
probably should have introduced a logarithmic function, rather than simple thresholds, to the quantity of SP transferred per injector for a given starting SP.

Edit: If that guy now bio-massed the character, just to 'burn' all of those SP from the joint 'pool' I'd actually then be impressed... Pirate

He burned way, way more creating that Frankenstein. To go from 80 million SP to 473,344,000 he burned 1,180,032,000 SP. He probably came damn close to burning 3x the SP he has.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#213 - 2016-02-15 02:47:55 UTC
Gunner GzR wrote:
For me it takes away from the time you put into Eve.. Used to be you had to play for years to get a lot of sp now well you dont so it takes away all the time you have put into the game.. Just a money grab for ccp really.

Well, I suppose you could think of it this way, wiht 1.2-1.4 billion less SP total in the game...the SP in your character just became more valuable.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#214 - 2016-02-15 02:56:19 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Ashterothi wrote:
No new SP was added to the system, and billions has been removed from the system....
SP farms take a little time to setup. Blink

They can't add this back. Training is a linear function of time and number of characters (lets skip remapping and implants). What this character represents is a shift to another growth line that is lower yet parallel to the initial growth and this shift is permanent.

So, SP farms will not alter the fact that somewhere around 1.3-1.4 billion SP were permanently sunk out of the game.

NovaCat13
Seymourus and Co.
#215 - 2016-02-15 02:57:12 UTC  |  Edited by: NovaCat13
Teckos Pech wrote:
NovaCat13 wrote:
Demica Diaz wrote:
Even though I am quite neutral about skill injecting feature. This makes me just tiny bit sad. Feels like something from EVE has lost. Wierd feeling. Straight

I know those feels...

Like over a billion SP were lost?

No, just that EVE is different now, not in a bad way, just different and it's a weird feeling. It's almost what Mr Epeen said a few posts further up;

Quote:
Most new people coming from other MMOs can't wrap their coddled little carebear brains around the difference between SP and experience.

My coddled little brain is wrapped around the fact that EVE's skill progression was different and was equally harsh to everyone, but now there's a fast track. It's not quite like grinding in other MMOs but it does change the perception on skills.

I do like the sink that was created here though.

Just say NO to Dailies

S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#216 - 2016-02-15 02:57:38 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:

There are a huge amount of bad reviews for EVE left on many sites around the net. Go to any review site and you are guaranteed to find someone crying about not being able to catch up to vets.

I'm waiting to see the first bad review telling us how they tried this game called EvE and for just a few thousand dollars you can now reach level cap in a day.
Monoclegate gave the reviewers a fine time, so I fully expect to see at least one reviewer without a clue going "level cap token in most mmo's is a few dollars but it's a few thousand or grind for years in EvE !"

I hope CCP (or maybe Chribba if eveboard could pull data on it ?) gives us some statistics on how many SP's have been lost from the overall capsuleer pool total with the diminishing returns total on injecting.
Would also be interesting to see the SP average distribution of characters now compared to before injectors (how many 20-50m characters have been lobotomised to feed high SP mains etc).
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#217 - 2016-02-15 02:57:42 UTC
Another way CCP could have done a limit:

Everyone has a "cerebral limit" on their SP.
The limit starts at something sort of large, say 10 million.
For each character, the limit increases at the maximum possible training rate, which I think I heard is 2700 SP per hour.
You cannot inject SP over your cerebral limit.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#218 - 2016-02-15 03:05:52 UTC
Zappity wrote:
The 1.8T it cost to accomplish this effectively meaningless gesture has been distributed much more widely. This is a good thing.

Hmmmm...wonder if we'll see some inflation as a result of skill injectors....

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#219 - 2016-02-15 03:12:11 UTC
S'Way wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:

There are a huge amount of bad reviews for EVE left on many sites around the net. Go to any review site and you are guaranteed to find someone crying about not being able to catch up to vets.

I'm waiting to see the first bad review telling us how they tried this game called EvE and for just a few thousand dollars you can now reach level cap in a day.
Monoclegate gave the reviewers a fine time, so I fully expect to see at least one reviewer without a clue going "level cap token in most mmo's is a few dollars but it's a few thousand or grind for years in EvE !"

I hope CCP (or maybe Chribba if eveboard could pull data on it ?) gives us some statistics on how many SP's have been lost from the overall capsuleer pool total with the diminishing returns total on injecting.
Would also be interesting to see the SP average distribution of characters now compared to before injectors (how many 20-50m characters have been lobotomised to feed high SP mains etc).

1.8 trillion ISK is a bit more than a few thousand....more like....$30,000.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#220 - 2016-02-15 03:19:17 UTC
S'Way wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:

Chribba's data won't offer a complete picture, and will likely be missing much more at the low end of the spectrum than the high end so it wouldn't give a good picture of an SP distribution.

As for SP lost from the game Chribba's data could give us a lower bound for that number.