These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Avvy
Doomheim
#181 - 2016-02-14 20:23:51 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Bellanea Rajanir wrote:
Eh people.

You are arguing game changed here. What if I have Skills to fly perfectly with Merlin? Does it make me worse than him in flying merlin? This amount of skillpoints isnt synonymous with anything what one could consider having fun. Its only a boasting that you have more ISK or SP than someone else, purely for recognition purposes.

Ask someone who extracted SP because he did not needed them so much, how he is doing. Not the guy who injected everything there is to ISK sink and SP sink.

I would like to see if he can do that again, just with his alt, and alts alt, so he can "win" even more. Lol

Things just are different, but not bad, just different.

Skills are a core part of EVE's gameplay, as they are the primary way to teach you planning and patience.

This feature just made clear that the people steering the game may not know the core values anymore.

I learnt planning and patience a long time before I started playing EVE.

Where skills from the skill queue are concerned it's not hard although your patience can be tested sometimes as they're time gated with ridiculously long times for a game.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#182 - 2016-02-14 20:31:18 UTC
And so it begins.

Well done CCP Rise, looks like your dreams have come true.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#183 - 2016-02-14 20:35:15 UTC
Mag's wrote:
And so it begins.

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/64754/1/CCP_Rise.jpg Shocked

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

LegSplitter
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#184 - 2016-02-14 20:36:09 UTC
I don't care one way or the other on this guys waste of isk I do think and have always thought CCP would have done a lot better at bringing in new players if they would have just increased the starting sp on a new player to between 2 and 5 mil sp and had a good tutorial on how to spend it. This skill injecting thing will be short lived and will not net them the profits they think .
Jenshae Chiroptera
#185 - 2016-02-14 20:48:47 UTC
I begin to think that Skill Injectors are a cash grab before CCP sells EVE to Perfect World, EA or some other company that can squeeze out the last blood from a stone.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#186 - 2016-02-14 20:55:04 UTC
Mag's wrote:
And so it begins.

Perfect NPE with Opportuninjetors, yeah.
W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2016-02-14 21:32:32 UTC
I said this would happen. No one believed. I'm better at seeing patterns then most though.

I saw this coming when aurum was introduced. Once you open the door.

If memory serves, the money grabs started getting bad again after Soundwave left.

You can argue this isn't as bad as it seems. The joke on you is this is no where the end of it. You allow this crap to happen, it opens the door for more BS that will effect something you care about eventually.

There is more game ruining, money grabbing crap to come SOONtm
Ashterothi
The Order of Thelemic Ascension
The Invited
#188 - 2016-02-14 21:36:32 UTC
No new SP was added to the system, and billions has been removed from the system.

The stats show an overall evening out of the power curve, care of Cribbas reports.

Yes some people will max out toons, but then what? We have always said that SP doesn't truly matter because he can fly an astero just as good as I can.

All CCP did was give us the option. What is the point of having obscene amounts of wealth, if you cannot use it to take other people's stuff that they are willing to sell to you?

In the end the 1.8 trillion isk would have been better served in a lot of other ways if you really wanted to buy "power" what we see here is simple hubris on display. Nothing more, nothing less.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2016-02-14 21:39:44 UTC
W33b3l wrote:
I said this would happen. No one believed. I'm better at seeing patterns then most though.

I saw this coming when aurum was introduced. Once you open the door.

If memory serves, the money grabs started getting bad again after Soundwave left.

You can argue this isn't as bad as it seems. The joke on you is this is no where the end of it. You allow this crap to happen, it opens the door for more BS that will effect something you care about eventually.

There is more game ruining, money grabbing crap to come SOONtm
No, plenty believed it would happen, but most didn't see it as an issue. The only ones who do are those who consider SP as a valuation of their time in game and hold that as something significant. Well, those and people who view SP as "earned" advantages that certain players or characters should be disallowed by age.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#190 - 2016-02-14 21:57:45 UTC
Play for years alongside characters with lvl 5 skills and nobody cares.

One man emerges who have them all on lvl 5 and everybody loses their minds.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#191 - 2016-02-14 21:58:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
No, plenty believed it would happen, but most didn't see it as an issue. The only ones who do are those who consider SP as a valuation of their time in game and hold that as something significant. Well, those and people who view SP as "earned" advantages that certain players or characters should be disallowed by age.

This is the kind of thing one tells himself when he really can't (or does not want to) understand the reasoning of other people. It's proof of a disingenuous personality.

It is actually possible to care about an issue that doesn't negatively affect you personally (well, directly anyways). I put no value on skill points, which is why my highest SP character stopped training after about 90 mil skill points. But I do care about the game we play, and this SP trading is a disastrous mistake.

One of the best things about CCP was that (with the exception of monoclegate) they were one of the few non-cash grabbing game companies. They asked for a fair price, and gave fair access to a good product. Unlike very many companies (not just game companies, telecom companies are the worst), CCP didn't play the 'get you in, gouge you, and offer ever better incentives to new customers so they can get gouged too, and screw the loyal existing customers' game. Until now that is.

I like many CCP employees, and few have been as outspoken of his support for CCP than I have. That moral support of CCP is no longer the case, because in doing this they proved (for the second time in 13 years) that they are just another greedy game developer.
There is zero compelling in-game reasons to make the move they made. It entrenches the rich. It tells the new player "here is an easy to use short cut, just give us more money up front" It sets those same newcomers up to fail as they don't have the personal experience to USE the SP they bought meaning they will be nothing more than joke killmails after a while.

Up till this month I used to pay cash for 1 sub and plex the other 3 because that made sense for me. Now I have a stack of PLEX, enough for several months so far (and this from only draining 2 alts). I've profited in game and out from this (saving that 15 bucks means 2 more trips to Burger King this month, woot), and I still think it is a horrible example of a company selling out the previously held principles that made it great in the 1st place. At the end of the day it's just a video game, but it's still a shame t see this happen.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#192 - 2016-02-14 21:59:12 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Dawny Star wrote:
You know I didn't have a problem with skill injectors in principle, they allow some younger players to catch up, allow some older players to move some skills around , great, brilliant, like half of EvE I also can no longer mine. I've also gotten a leg up on the character bazarre like many many others, so a little bit of help in this huge time sink I get.

But this, and I want to be clear I watch Iron's streams and I like the guy, this makes me feel a bit sad. I don't feel quite the same about my 9 years in EvE as I did before skill injectors and people going over the top with it.

CCP you should have set a few more boundaries on this.

An sp per month limit would have been the way to go.

why to bother.

anyway, did anyone calculate how much sp went to bit heaven on that char.
Pirate Aussie
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#193 - 2016-02-14 21:59:41 UTC
Nex Killer wrote:
So a IwantIsk banker did it, I was wondering if one of them were going to do it.

Watch him be banned, too.
Agata Matahari
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#194 - 2016-02-14 22:09:42 UTC
Pirate Aussie wrote:
Nex Killer wrote:
So a IwantIsk banker did it, I was wondering if one of them were going to do it.

Watch him be banned, too.

I hope so.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#195 - 2016-02-14 22:13:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Jenn aSide wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

This is the kind of thing one tells himself when he really can't (or does not want to) understand the reasoning of other people. It's proof of a disingenuous personality.

It is actually possible to care about an issue that doesn't negatively affect you personally (well, directly anyways). I put no value on skill points, which is why my highest SP character stopped training after about 90 mil skill points. But I do care about the game we play, and this SP trading is a disastrous mistake.

One of the best things about CCP was that (with the exception of monoclegate) they were one of the few non-cash grabbing game companies. They asked for a fair price, and gave fair access to a good product. Unlike very many companies (not just game companies, telecom companies are the worst), CCP didn't play the 'get you in, gouge you, and offer ever better incentives to new customers so they can get gouged too, and screw the loyal existing customers' game. Until now that is.

I like many CCP employees, and few have been as outspoken of his support for CCP than I have. That moral support of CCP is no longer the case, because in doing this they proved (for the second time in 13 years) that they are just another greedy game developer.
There is zero compelling in-game reasons to make the move they made. If entrenches the rich. It tells the new player "here is an easy to use short cut, just give us more money up front" It sets those same newcomers up to fail as they don't have the personal experience to USE the SP they bought meaning they will be nothing more than joke killmails after a while.

Up till this month I used to pay cash for 1 sub and plex the other 3 because that made sense for me. Now I have a stack of PLEX, enough for several months so far (and this from only draining 2 alts). I've profited in game and out from this (saving that 15 bucks means 2 more trips to Burger King this month, woot), and I still think it is a horrible example of a company selling out the previously held principles that made it great in the 1st place. At the end of the day it's just a video game, but it's still a shame t see this happen.
This is the kind of post one resorts to when they themselves simply want to do a character based devaluation of an opposing viewpoint. They'll object to the idea that people can read and judge the objections for themselves without having some inherent flaw.

Further they'll tell you that the only way to "understand" the objections is to agree with them.

But to your direct points Jenn:

I'm still not sure how anything but willful blindness results in the conclusion that CCP hasn't offered incentives to any level of customer, whether it be from the new player who heard of the bazaar, the player who didn't want to grind and used plex or now the player who didn't want to wait and used injectors.

We have concrete examples of this working principle in place and have had them for some time. I can certainly see being upset, but that is a very literally self inflicted attitude change rather than an actual, tangible gameplay change. But considering that your own willful buy in of this mechanic is something that you characterized as being too good to pass up and thus compulsory speaks to your ability to conflate that opinion of yours with the concept of a game originating fact.

And really there should be nothing wrong with pointing that out. Own your own decisions and values please.
Waylan Yutani
SkyLark Insurgency
#196 - 2016-02-14 22:18:26 UTC
I trained gall dread lvl 5, siege t2, and capital hybrid turret lvl 5. Then a corpied logged on and told me he just trained minnie dread v, siege t2 and perfect loki skills with injectors.

I feel that Something was lost somehow Sad
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#197 - 2016-02-14 22:31:30 UTC
Waylan Yutani wrote:
I trained gall dread lvl 5, siege t2, and capital hybrid turret lvl 5. Then a corpied logged on and told me he just trained minnie dread v, siege t2 and perfect loki skills with injectors.

Not only you, we all have lost this man to.... gulp...injectors.
Inuro Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#198 - 2016-02-14 22:39:01 UTC
Waylan Yutani wrote:

Exactly that.

What a bad moment I chose to resub. I think I am going to cancel the subscription once again. Maybe CCP will change something eventually, then I will think about coming back.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#199 - 2016-02-14 23:06:36 UTC
Inuro Enderas wrote:
Waylan Yutani wrote:

Exactly that.

What a bad moment I chose to resub. I think I am going to cancel the subscription once again. Maybe CCP will change something eventually, then I will think about coming back.

They have changed something eventually. Lol
But its your choice.

EVE is not what you are thinking it is. Its just an experiment, social experiment. They are testing adaptation of human mind to quickly changing environment. The winner will get all icelandic exotic dancers and a ton of hakarl. Cool
Inuro Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#200 - 2016-02-14 23:11:51 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:

They have changed something eventually. Lol
But its your choice.

EVE is not what you are thinking it is. Its just an experiment, social experiment. They are testing adaptation of human mind to quickly changing environment. The winner will get all icelandic exotic dancers and a ton of hakarl. Cool

Problem is, I am not interested in icelandic exotic dancers or hakarl.

As for adaptation, I feel that when the changes aren't accepted by the majority, something ought to happen. Strangely enough I only see sad rants on the forum, nobody rebels anymore, nobody shoots anything anymore.