These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Darkblad
Doomheim
#41 - 2016-02-14 11:25:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
No one here whoe did'nt expect that to happen, right?

In game cost, i.e. ISK spent on the market, given a price of 650.000.000 ISK/Injector
That's around 5.95 B-R5RBs
A total of 6 characters are required to surpass the ISK destroyed during B-R5RB

AUR fee to CCP (by those that got the extractors), given a price of 800 AUR per extractor (10 packs each)
93 Packs of 100 $ / € for 24.400 AUR

Oldschool way, with PLEX required to keep the account active.

Skill books (base) price total: 31.142.869.500 ISK

With Light/Support Fighters and [Faction] Faux.
Faux will get reimbursed later. 2.000.000 ISK and 14.336.000 SP
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#42 - 2016-02-14 11:29:09 UTC
Dawny Star wrote:
I'd really like to hear a Dev. viewpoint on this, a lot of Dev's are ex-players and I can't imagine this was what they had in mind for this service?

There are two options.

1. They did have exactly this in mind — get on the whaling boat!
2. They're utter retards.

There might be a third option which is that both of the above are true at once, but that's about it.
Big Lynx
#43 - 2016-02-14 11:30:14 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Dawny Star wrote:
I'd really like to hear a Dev. viewpoint on this, a lot of Dev's are ex-players and I can't imagine this was what they had in mind for this service?

There are two options.

1. They did have exactly this in mind — get on the whaling boat!
2. They're utter retards.

There might be a third option which is that both of the above are true at once, but that's about it.

option 3: Profit

simple
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#44 - 2016-02-14 11:36:06 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
option 3: Profit

simple

That's option 1.
Avvy
Doomheim
#45 - 2016-02-14 11:38:54 UTC
Cometopappa wrote:
I'm gaining extra sp a much cheaper way. Around 15 of my alts who don't need SP any more are just training spaceship command skils with 32 per/26 willpower and then extracting that SP to make injectors to go on my main :D

Meanwhile my main focuses training on skills my attributes are set to and injects mostly skills they are not.

Yeah, so negating the attribute system as it was originally intended to be used. In the process showing how useless the attribute system now is.
Avvy
Doomheim
#46 - 2016-02-14 11:42:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Dawny Star wrote:

Some possible restrictions you could add to the service.

1. After 100 Mil SP, you can only extract or move your SP you cannot not inject more.

2. You can only inject a hard cap amount of SP per Month

Also, please let us nuke the injects skill books (if we desire) for skills we've stripped... there's still evidence I used to be able to mine on my character sheet!

1. Would have worked although maybe a slightly higher limit.

2. Would have still created an issue, but it would have just taken longer for it to become apparent.
Ibutho Inkosi
Doomheim
#47 - 2016-02-14 11:45:25 UTC
Then, it suddenly DAWNED on people....too late, as usual.

As long as the tale of the hunt is told by the hunter, and not the lion, it will favor the hunter.

S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2016-02-14 11:45:50 UTC
Dawny Star wrote:

1. After 100 Mil SP, you can only extract or move your SP you cannot not inject more.

There should have been something like this at the start, however....

It's too late to add restrictions now, the precedent has been set. Limiting how many injectors a player can use (and when) would create a two tier eve game - those who have used them already and those who would have to follow the new restrictions.

All adding limits now would do is cause more unsubs.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2016-02-14 11:48:01 UTC
there was restrictions then vets moaned because they were being penalised more for playing longer, they cant win really

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Avvy
Doomheim
#50 - 2016-02-14 11:51:01 UTC
S'Way wrote:
[quote=Dawny Star]

All adding limits now would do is cause more unsubs.

Yeah. it's too late now.

Not to mention it would be almost impossible if not impossible to undo.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2016-02-14 11:57:32 UTC
Of course it's a character associated with a sketchy RMT 'betting' website. No-one else in their right mind would have enough ISK to ever pay for this.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#52 - 2016-02-14 11:57:57 UTC
I dare CCP to post in this thread and tell us that they're proud of this.
Maekchu
Doomheim
#53 - 2016-02-14 12:06:35 UTC
Still so many people thinking skills are the major factor in being good at EvE.

He basically just spent a fuckton of ISK to create a glorified account that is basically as good as any specialized account for any activity.
Bellanea Rajanir
Obolka Kin
#54 - 2016-02-14 12:07:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Bellanea Rajanir
Ibutho Inkosi wrote:
Then, it suddenly DAWNED on people....too late, as usual.

Dawned what?

Coming of max SP messiah?

Or that you are not worthy kissing the underneath of his sandals? Twisted

I say, **** him, and **** his SP.

It was a day when the forum post became sentient

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#55 - 2016-02-14 12:25:08 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:

Have the lessons of the past not been found here? M8?

The top 0.1% of society will always do what they want because they can. Just remember you were the one selling your time/labour/product and they were the one buying. If it's a matter of opportunities you think have been unfair I recall noone being born with a silver spoon.
Avvy
Doomheim
#56 - 2016-02-14 12:33:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Primary This Rifter wrote:

Have the lessons of the past not been found here? M8?

The top 0.1% of society will always do what they want because they can. Just remember you were the one selling your time/labour/product and they were the one buying. If it's a matter of opportunities you think have been unfair I recall noone being born with a silver spoon.

Gone are the days when characters were equal to start with.

RL values (those values aren't shared by everyone) have bled into gaming. I guess it was inevitable as companies trade in the real world.
Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#57 - 2016-02-14 12:35:13 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
there was restrictions then vets moaned because they were being penalised more for playing longer, they cant win really

There's always going to be some people moaning but it's up to CCP to decide which moans are valid and which are just stupid. I'd say the complaints against skill traders as they are now are valid; they have undeniably cheapened the game just look at this guy getting max skills. People would feel a lot less cheated being slightly penalised than they do knowing some rich guys can just blast right past them, or they could have scrapped this idea as bad.

Some F&I wisdom says that "if you have to introduce a whole bunch of arbitrary limitations to make your idea work then it's probably not a very good idea to start with."

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#58 - 2016-02-14 12:38:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Another strange thing are his logon statistics, which say the following:
Quote:
Time online 53d 15h 18m
Daily average 17d 21h 06m 00s

Cristl wrote:
Something fishy is going on with that site. What's up with the character's DoB and time onlne etc.? Daily average online time is 21 days - you what mate?

There's a pretty simple explanation for that.

Through the API CCP gives online time in total for the account rather than each pilot. So If you have played for 10 days, then create a new pilot, that new pilot would have an average of 10 days online time upon being created.

This was more accurate back in the days when you usually only used one pilot per account, unlike now when you can multi train etc.

And on that note it's a shame CCP simply didn't allow injections over 100m or similar.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Yarosara Ruil
#59 - 2016-02-14 12:42:36 UTC
What a time to be alive and playing EVE!

Gotta love paradigm shifts.
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#60 - 2016-02-14 12:51:48 UTC
Dawny Star wrote:

Also, please let us nuke the injects skill books (if we desire) for skills we've stripped... there's still evidence I used to be able to mine on my character sheet!

It's already to late for that. Just go to Jita, Dodi, Amarr and Ren and take a look at the number of injectors sold already. This move made by CCP had a very narrow margin for error to begin with and CCP slipped right into it. Eve is done!