These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Bellanea Rajanir
Poseidaon
#61 - 2016-02-14 12:53:43 UTC
Avvy wrote:

Gone are the days when characters were equal to start with.

Communist lies.

It was a day when the forum post became sentient

Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#62 - 2016-02-14 13:04:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniela Doran
Chribba wrote:

And on that note it's a shame CCP simply didn't allow injections over 100m or similar./c

And why would they do that when they can make a crap ton more on elitist that want to be the first to get a insta-maxed char before anyone else to be known as the first pilot to max Eve?

The CCP you knew and greatly respected in the past are long gone. Todays CCP are no longer game developers, they are businessmen.
Vickers Secretary
Weyland Inc.
#63 - 2016-02-14 13:05:11 UTC
He did it with RMTing on Twitch, which is banned by CCP.
"Subs get 4x Iron Modifier" - thats what his channel says.
And exactly this is not allowed. When you do raffles like that, everybody has to get the same chances - and not "people that gave me real money get more chances to get stuff ingame".

Is there any place to report this guy? Support tickets maybe? I mean, this is clearly against the EULA
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Doomheim
#64 - 2016-02-14 13:06:40 UTC
This makes me very sad.
Avvy
Doomheim
#65 - 2016-02-14 13:08:16 UTC
Bellanea Rajanir wrote:
Avvy wrote:

Gone are the days when characters were equal to start with.

Communist lies.



I'm not a communist, although I do think pure communism is the best system, but pure communism doesn't exist where humans are concerned because they are to easy to corrupt.
Neuntausend
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#66 - 2016-02-14 13:09:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
Lan Wang wrote:
there was restrictions then vets moaned because they were being penalised more for playing longer, they cant win really


They just opted to listen to those who weren't completely opposed to the idea of SP trading. Within that minority, the ones intending to swap around skills on high-SP characters were the majority. At least that's my impression.

CCP just lisened to the community - somewhat selectively, but they did. And that's what we ended up with.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#67 - 2016-02-14 13:11:22 UTC
"Won't someone please think of the children?!"
Really, I don't know why this continually bothers players. It's no different than the fact that most of us will never own a Titan, either.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2016-02-14 13:11:29 UTC
473,344,000 skill-*******-points o.O

And I only have 51 million... what the hell xD
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#69 - 2016-02-14 13:11:32 UTC
Logon statistics for that character is rather odd.. If you check the date of birth.

Time online: 53d 18h 37m
Daily average: 17d 22h 12m 20s
Logon count: 532

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#70 - 2016-02-14 13:14:34 UTC
Lol what an idiot who cares?


Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#71 - 2016-02-14 13:14:54 UTC
Celise Katelo wrote:
Logon statistics for that character is rather odd.. If you check the date of birth.

Time online: 53d 18h 37m
Daily average: 17d 22h 12m 20s
Logon count: 532


chribba already asnwered that earlier in this thread.

Just Add Water

Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#72 - 2016-02-14 13:18:25 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Celise Katelo wrote:
Logon statistics for that character is rather odd.. If you check the date of birth.

Time online: 53d 18h 37m
Daily average: 17d 22h 12m 20s
Logon count: 532


chribba already asnwered that earlier in this thread.


Then saw it.. ops Shocked

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Kelby
#73 - 2016-02-14 13:38:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelby
Injections and extractions should have been limited to maybe 10million or so SP per year, this might be seen as a low number but it reflects my low opinion of this change.

Whatever an unbiased limit may have been there should have at least been a limit in the first place, the limit could have even been increased yearly over time to at least try to soften the impact. Maybe medical clone costs could have kept this kind of change in check?

Unfortunately the damage is done, I can't see a realistic way of undoing this. Reintroducing medial clone costs for the high end of the SP scale could help but even this has potential issues. Maybe characters that inject SP should get an indicator on their character information so they can easily targeted :)
Big Lynx
#74 - 2016-02-14 13:42:05 UTC
Vickers Secretary wrote:
He did it with RMTing on Twitch, which is banned by CCP.
"Subs get 4x Iron Modifier" - thats what his channel says.
And exactly this is not allowed. When you do raffles like that, everybody has to get the same chances - and not "people that gave me real money get more chances to get stuff ingame".

Is there any place to report this guy? Support tickets maybe? I mean, this is clearly against the EULA

Just write a ticket. CCP will look into this.... lel
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#75 - 2016-02-14 13:51:55 UTC
Admiral Mason wrote:
http://eveboard.com/pilot/IronBank

Make of it what you will.


a sad day.. Damn i told you s.... nvm quit eve. What?
oreman2
Doomheim
#76 - 2016-02-14 13:52:10 UTC
i made a huge mistake reactivating What? very sad days in eve
Agata Matahari
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2016-02-14 14:17:40 UTC
Admiral Mason wrote:
http://eveboard.com/pilot/IronBank

Make of it what you will.


*facepalm* well done, ccp! well done.. *golf claps*
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#78 - 2016-02-14 14:25:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Lol what an idiot who cares?



I would second that, spot on, I know we have had our differences but you called this so right.

Do I give a monkies, nope, if he wants to waste trillions that's the stupidity of him and all those people who went on that stupid betting site, me I am at 110 m SP and I will continue playing my way, that person has no impact on me at all, by the very fact he did it makes him a loser in my book, why not spend that ISK to make a space empire, nope, he has not got it in him...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2016-02-14 14:28:54 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
Not only was this a sh i tty idea that somehow the community at large fell for from the start (u can already buy characters!!!!!!), but secondly I can't believe there is no limit put in in any shape or form. I saw another post suggesting the face of your avatar turns blue if you inject too much, SOME kind of consequence for doing this was necessary to the very least.

IMO it's already messed up, new players needed some kind of 'scapegoat' which was skills to understand EVE before losing all their ****. The new standard on buying SP will ruin new player experiences as they won't have the patience.

I disagree

Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#80 - 2016-02-14 14:31:27 UTC
oreman2 wrote:
i made a huge mistake reactivating What? very sad days in eve


I know what you mean, I went and bought a 6 month sub before Christmas. Now I feel like I might as well play WoWS; it has better ship-to-ship combat and has about as much meaning attached. EvE has changed from being the harsh cold technologically plausible universe that it once was to a hollow shell. Change after change has stripped life from the game with even small things such as the MWD name changes have been a part of this. Once upon a time this game felt like an ultra-harsh version of real life set in space, the ultimate sci-fi simulator. Now it feels like a bunch of bored kids throwing sand at each other, where losses don't matter because isk is easily farmable, where play time no longer matters because you can buy your way there. I'm struggling to justify continuing my subscription once it runs out, this game no longer feels like an MMO but instead more like FarmVille.

CCP have lost heir original vision of eve, the have caved into players always asking for more. They will never have enough and chasing their demands will run the game into the ground. When eve was the best sci-fi sim around it always had that niche, now I worry it's losing it's unique features and becoming another bland commercialised game.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.