These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Reworking Capital Ships: Skills, Modules and Refitting

First post
Author
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#21 - 2016-02-12 15:00:38 UTC
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
Custos Stratos wrote:
What if we already have all the Fighter skills? Do we have to skill the new skills as well or do we also get Light and Support Fighters?

you have to train the new skills for the new fighters, why would you expect anything else

Quote:

• You will only require the Fighters skill to use Light, Support and Heavy Fighters.
  • The Fighter-Bombers skill will be renamed to Heavy Fighters, and give bonuses to heavy fighter squadrons. Heavy Fighter squadrons will only be launch-able by Supercarriers.
  • The Light Fighter and Support Fighter skills will give bonus to Light Fighters and Support Fighters respectively. More details about the fighter transition plan will come in a later blog.

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#22 - 2016-02-12 15:01:05 UTC
seriously though gallente ship with shield transfers, what's up with that
Dr Cedric
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#23 - 2016-02-12 15:01:59 UTC
Are there any pics of what the new ships will look like? I have my Chimera ready and fit to get swapped to the... whatever its called, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it looks as Sexeh as mah Chimera!

Cedric

Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#24 - 2016-02-12 15:02:08 UTC
Are carriers losing their ability to use links?

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#25 - 2016-02-12 15:02:41 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
With the EVE: Citadel expansion this Spring we will see, of course, Citadels but also a full revamp of capital ships. This includes the introduction of the new Force Auxiliary capital ships.

We now have more information about those Force Auxiliary ships available. Stats, transition from Triage Carriers to Force Auxiliaries and more.

Check out the latest dev blog from CCP Larrikin and Team Five-0 Reworking Capital Ships: Skills, Modules and Refitting.

OK this looks much better.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Strata Maslav
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2016-02-12 15:03:34 UTC
The weapons timer preventing all refitting seems a little harsh.

I come from the perspective that pilot should be encouraged to react to situations. We should be enabling players to seek information and then allow them to make decisions based on that.

If you are sure you want to prevent rapid changing of fits within combat then one potential method is to introduce a weapon timer refitting CD.

If the weapons timer is active when a module is fitted, then a cool down of x seconds is activated. Once the CD is up they can fit another item.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#27 - 2016-02-12 15:03:43 UTC
Forlorn Wongraven wrote:

FAX are keeping that ability. No mention of changed stats for carrriers.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Niraia
Starcakes
Cynosural Field Theory.
#28 - 2016-02-12 15:06:44 UTC
Quote:
Capital Emergency Hull Energizer
When activated, pushes the hull resists to 99% for 20 seconds.

Oh well, didn't want that titan anyway. Thanks game design, you're doing an amazing job, I hope you all get promoted soon.

Sakurako Kimino
Eternal Darkness.
The Initiative.
#29 - 2016-02-12 15:07:34 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:

take a look at the thanatos it has the same.

eve is about sin

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#30 - 2016-02-12 15:10:49 UTC
You forgot about something
Quote:
EVE: Citadel Expansion is coming on 5th or 12th April

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Current Habit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-02-12 15:11:20 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:

Gallente carriers already have a remote shield booster range bonus, other than for triaging a POS is almost never used tho.
Zukan Strom
Special Needs Program
#32 - 2016-02-12 15:16:13 UTC
We did it Reddit!
lord xavier
Rubbed Out
#33 - 2016-02-12 15:17:36 UTC
Custos Stratos wrote:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
Custos Stratos wrote:
What if we already have all the Fighter skills? Do we have to skill the new skills as well or do we also get Light and Support Fighters?

you have to train the new skills for the new fighters, why would you expect anything else

Because the Fighter Bomber skill also becomes the new Heavy Fighter skill.

I would expect players to get the Light and Support Fighter skill at the lvl they have Fighter skill now tbh.

Support, Light, (????), Heavy.

If FB is becoming heavy, and we train Support and Light.

Where would fighters fit into the equation of how the subcap drone skills work?

Hint: (Medium)
Chaosmancer
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2016-02-12 15:18:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Chaosmancer
Quote:
We are not married to any one implementation for enforcing commitment in fitting choices, and we are very open to hearing feedback from the community about how you think this problem should be solved. However we do believe that it must be solved. Our currently proposed solution is that you can’t refit with a weapons timer. Meaning, if you are aggressing a player, or assisting a player ship who is aggressing a player, you can't refit for 60 seconds.

Now, the problem that the capital focus group has raised, and reasonably so, is that combat refitting can add a lot of excitement and strategy to fights, especially for Triage pilots, and they would be very disappointed to lose that game-play. Makes sense. It’s active, it takes sharp thinking to figure out which fit is ideal depending on your situation, and it takes practice. Despite those good reasons, we feel that we can address the amount of mastery and excitement available to Triage pilots without the need for refitting in combat, and that’s exactly what we want to do.

My suggestion would be that any module that disallows remote assistance (Bastion, Siege, Triage), allows you to refit freely. This would allow "masterful solos", yet will never become overpowered due to limitations to receiving remote assistance and the limit of your local tank/rep.

Besides the activation of those modules, there will be the 60 seconds of not shooting before you can refit.
Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#35 - 2016-02-12 15:21:09 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Forlorn Wongraven wrote:

FAX are keeping that ability. No mention of changed stats for carrriers.

That's why I am asking. Blink

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

lord xavier
Rubbed Out
#36 - 2016-02-12 15:21:12 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
A 1% role bonus to links is trash. This means 3 of 4 role bonuses are completely wasted. No one will ever use these for links when they can fly a covert nullified almost unprobable T3 for half the price and get a 10% bonus with defensive subsystems at 5. Let alone a CS with 15% bonuses.

If your aim was to get a 5% bonus, then make it a 5% role bonus, or a 1% per level of something skill bonus.

No one would ever use them while a Command Ship would overthrow it, or with a titans natural bonus ontop of CS.

The only time these would ever get used is blops drop if you dont have a CS vessel of some kind giving bonuses. Even then you are looking at one; the bonus to remote shield/armor. Because if you have to use the resist, you're in ****.
Lady Aesir
Ghost Recon Inc
#37 - 2016-02-12 15:23:25 UTC
Combat refitting

1. Only allowed on Force Aux but for the cap gameplay only, it is what they are design for!
2. Remove it completely from everything else.

Weapons should never be able to be swapped out in short time. Its a major refit in real-life.
Armour plates/ Shield extenders are hard fittings and should not be removable also

All in all good Devblog
onefineday
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2016-02-12 15:25:24 UTC
Am sorry but you make no sense regarding forbidding fittings, eve fights never 10 vs 10 most of the time battle field in eve has few different doctrines and only way to outclass your enemy in this game is by adapting to ever changing battle including your fittings, thats a reason smaller more advance forces still have an capability to fight blobs adapt and win. Commitment part to battlefield comes from your enemy's doctors and bublers and spread points no matter the fitting. Removing chance of refit on mid fight will make those fights shorter as fighting groups will have much less flexibility. But i guess thats what you want ccp Sad
Shilalasar
Dead Sky Inc.
#39 - 2016-02-12 15:25:58 UTC
Just for clarification: SP already trained into racial FAX skills will go into the unallocated pool?

As many people already asked: Will you look at bastion´s weapontimer? Many of these PvE setups rely on refitting and it seems unfair to exclude them while f.e. a Rattlesnake can still do it.

Minmatar and Gallente FAX seem superdependent on capboosters esp with their tankingbonus also relying on having cap to run the reppers. Takes away a lot of fittingchoice.
Combined with the better slotlayouts they might be stuck in the niche they are currently in. Though ofc we do not know the complete and final stats.
fenistil
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2016-02-12 15:28:33 UTC  |  Edited by: fenistil
Request: we need capital module rebalance stats so we can start looking at the ships.

Question: mixed RR/tank types. Lif and Ninazu will have bonuses to both shield and armor while their tank will be armor OR shield. Besides the White whale fits (officier mods to compensate for lack of bonuses), do you, CCP, think it is viable to bring an armor fit FAX to a shield fleet or a shield fit Ninazu to an armor?
What scenarios can you imagine where giving bonuses to both shield and armor will be beneficial over capitalizing on one of them?

Question 2: will FAXes be able to fit good ol' regular resists or only the new capital scriptable things?