These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Eve Online 4 years later

First post
Author
Liz Arran
Night Hawks Riders
#1 - 2016-02-12 06:18:05 UTC
I've been playing EVE Online since December 2010 and have stopped playing late 2012 a bit after the release of the Odyssey due to the lack of (what I felt) "content" in the releases of expansions. Cause they were nothing more than just glorified updates of just rebalances, fixes, and features that didn't change gameplay.

Now that I'm back since 2012 and took a look around eve it still feels the same, which is a good thing. But I still feel that its missing that feature that opens up a whole world or experience to explore. Something that would give me he same experience I had when I undocked, went to nullsec, did a mission, flew incursion, entered a wormhole, part of a 500 man fleet fight all for the first time. This is what I think in my opinion is needed in EVE. I guess what I was expecting was new incursion factions, more dynamic missions, a new weapon system, I guess just a new way to play eve.

I remember watching fanfest back in the day and what ever happened to this idea? I assume that the project got scraped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k7oaz8mWug . Also I thought CCP would of released optional HD/4K texture packs by now cause I remember there was a 100+ page thread demanding for this.

But with all that said I think eve have came a long way since the time of EVE Online: Incarna. And now it is currently on the right track.
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-02-12 06:28:20 UTC
Liz Arran wrote:
I've been playing EVE Online since December 2010 and have stopped playing late 2012 a bit after the release of the Odyssey due to the lack of (what I felt) "content" in the releases of expansions. Cause they were nothing more than just glorified updates of just rebalances, fixes, and features that didn't change gameplay.

Now that I'm back since 2012 and took a look around eve it still feels the same, which is a good thing. But I still feel that its missing that feature that opens up a whole world or experience to explore. Something that would give me he same experience I had when I undocked, went to nullsec, did a mission, flew incursion, entered a wormhole, part of a 500 man fleet fight all for the first time. This is what I think in my opinion is needed in EVE. I guess what I was expecting was new incursion factions, more dynamic missions, a new weapon system, I guess just a new way to play eve.

I remember watching fanfest back in the day and what ever happened to this idea? I assume that the project got scraped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k7oaz8mWug . Also I thought CCP would of released optional HD/4K texture packs by now cause I remember there was a 100+ page thread demanding for this.

But with all that said I think eve have came a long way since the time of EVE Online: Incarna. And now it is currently on the right track.

Why do people still call this game Eve?? It's now called World of Spaceships or WoSS.

If you're looking for a new experience I suggest farming SP for isk. Or you can whip out your credit card and charge your way to uberness in no time.
Liz Arran
Night Hawks Riders
#3 - 2016-02-12 06:31:53 UTC
I see that the forum trolls are still rampant.
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#4 - 2016-02-12 06:32:29 UTC
Wow, such bitter.

CCP has spent much of the last few years fixing bugs and improving gameplay. They are moving back into big features now.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Liz Arran
Night Hawks Riders
#5 - 2016-02-12 06:37:42 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Wow, such bitter.

CCP has spent much of the last few years fixing bugs and improving gameplay. They are moving back into big features now.


I don't think I sounded bitter at all in my post, at least I didn't mean to. Just posting my genuine views on eve's state since I've been on last.
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#6 - 2016-02-12 06:38:54 UTC
Liz Arran wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Wow, such bitter.

CCP has spent much of the last few years fixing bugs and improving gameplay. They are moving back into big features now.


I don't think I sounded bitter at all in my post, at least I didn't mean to. Just posting my genuine views on eve's state since I've been on last.

I was talking about Daniela's post :)

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#7 - 2016-02-12 07:44:45 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
[quote=Liz Arran]Or you can whip out your credit card and charge your way to uberness in no time.


i done this a few years ago, whipped out my credit card, bought a nice character, got slapped from the missus, died a million times because my max level proteus was no match for the snuffbox forces, best thing i ever done, made this game so much more enjoyable for me so stop crying and get over it.


Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lina Sovereign
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-02-12 08:00:33 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:

Why do people still call this game Eve?? It's now called World of Spaceships or WoSS.


Pay2Win World of Spaceships

Fixed.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#9 - 2016-02-12 08:03:41 UTC
Lina Sovereign wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:

Why do people still call this game Eve?? It's now called World of Spaceships or WoSS.


Pay2Win World of Spaceships

Fixed.


what do you win? id like to hear a conclusion on what exactly you win by buying sp/characters/plex?

thxbye

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lina Sovereign
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-02-12 08:18:15 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Lina Sovereign wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:

Why do people still call this game Eve?? It's now called World of Spaceships or WoSS.


Pay2Win World of Spaceships

Fixed.


what do you win? id like to hear a conclusion on what exactly you win by buying sp/characters/plex?

thxbye


This already has been discussed in others topics... you can consider it's not a P2W feature no problem, in my case I think it is... it's not a dig deal really.
It just changes the way I'll play the game, focus on HighSec, I like it too.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#11 - 2016-02-12 08:21:42 UTC
soo many threads and soo many people preaching pay2win in all these threads but yet when asked whats pay2win they revert you to some other thread, seems legit

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lina Sovereign
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-02-12 08:33:12 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
seems legit


Forums search fonction is your friend, but you't can troll during this time is guess ? :)
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-02-12 08:39:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Lina Sovereign wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
seems legit


Forums search fonction is your friend, but you't can troll during this time is guess ? :)

Forum search will yield more unsupported claims of P2W which can't get around the fact that the advantages being sold are the same ones that other players already have in droves and further came from those same other players giving them up. It's like saying eve is pay 2 win because you can buy ships on the market rather than having to mine and buy every BPO/BPC yourself.

Except the minerals would have to be given for free just by waiting I guess.

Eve is at worst pay to be on par stat wise in specific applications.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#14 - 2016-02-12 08:43:49 UTC
Liz Arran wrote:
I've been playing EVE Online since December 2010 and have stopped playing late 2012 a bit after the release of the Odyssey due to the lack of (what I felt) "content" in the releases of expansions. Cause they were nothing more than just glorified updates of just rebalances, fixes, and features that didn't change gameplay.

Now that I'm back since 2012 and took a look around eve it still feels the same, which is a good thing. But I still feel that its missing that feature that opens up a whole world or experience to explore. Something that would give me he same experience I had when I undocked, went to nullsec, did a mission, flew incursion, entered a wormhole, part of a 500 man fleet fight all for the first time. This is what I think in my opinion is needed in EVE. I guess what I was expecting was new incursion factions, more dynamic missions, a new weapon system, I guess just a new way to play eve.

I remember watching fanfest back in the day and what ever happened to this idea? I assume that the project got scraped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k7oaz8mWug . Also I thought CCP would of released optional HD/4K texture packs by now cause I remember there was a 100+ page thread demanding for this.

But with all that said I think eve have came a long way since the time of EVE Online: Incarna. And now it is currently on the right track.


"I guess what I was expecting was new incursion factions,"

So.... like Drifters?

"new weapon system,"

So... like Command Destroyers?

"entered a wormhole,"

So... like new W-space?

" I guess just a new way to play eve"


So... like a power projection nerf and a new sov system? (Have you looked at the sov map lately?)

Also upcoming: Citadels

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

LordInvisible
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-02-12 08:50:03 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
soo many threads and soo many people preaching pay2win in all these threads but yet when asked whats pay2win they revert you to some other thread, seems legit


P2W in EvE means that you can buy all your shinies that give you an edge in a fight against same leved and skilled player.

With other words: you cannot win EvE, but every killmail you get is a win over a player in EvE. With P2W stuff, you can get this killmails easier, thus winning easier.

To further develop analogy: imagine two boxers in a ring: one paid extra bucks for having a bit better gloves which results in better hits to opponent. He did not cheat, he did not improve his stamina or tactics, just a tool to use his skills, stamina and tactics is better then opponents. That doesnt mean he won LIFE. Also opponent can come back in next fight.

Same is with EvE.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-02-12 08:55:26 UTC
LordInvisible wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
soo many threads and soo many people preaching pay2win in all these threads but yet when asked whats pay2win they revert you to some other thread, seems legit


P2W in EvE means that you can buy all your shinies that give you an edge in a fight against same leved and skilled player.

With other words: you cannot win EvE, but every killmail you get is a win over a player in EvE. With P2W stuff, you can get this killmails easier, thus winning easier.

To further develop analogy: imagine two boxers in a ring: one paid extra bucks for having a bit better gloves which results in better hits to opponent. He did not cheat, he did not improve his stamina or tactics, just a tool to use his skills, stamina and tactics is better then opponents. That doesnt mean he won LIFE. Also opponent can come back in next fight.

Same is with EvE.
The thing is those same shinies are available to both players. There is no discrimination towards the boxer who bought better gloves, the other boxer just didn't chose to or perhaps couldn't afford to, but that's a reality that exists in game even without injectors or PLEX.
LordInvisible
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2016-02-12 09:06:35 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
The thing is those same shinies are available to both players. There is no discrimination towards the boxer who bought better gloves, the other boxer just didn't chose to or perhaps couldn't afford to, but that's a reality that exists in game even without injectors or PLEX.



Dude, srsly?!

You just confirmed what I have written..

And no, something is grinding ISKies, whole other side is buying ISKies. Why should a player with bigger RL wallet have any better gear/skills in virtual world than me?

Thats the P2W situation. If PLEX and injectors wouldnt be, player couldnt legaly abuse his mothers CC to buy a titan..
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#18 - 2016-02-12 09:18:45 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
The thing is those same shinies are available to both players. There is no discrimination towards the boxer who bought better gloves, the other boxer just didn't chose to or perhaps couldn't afford to, ...

lol
If we follow that logic, we can introduce gold ammo.

Quote:
1000 units of Golden Phased Plasma S for only 100AUR!!

Its not P2W because everyone can buy it! Its your fault if you dont use it!
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#19 - 2016-02-12 09:27:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaivar Lancer
I like all these people complaining about "p2w".

It's a fact of life that those with more money and power are more likely to win. So deal with it and come up with appropriate counter-measures e.g. fight smarter, choose your battles better, gang up, whatever.

If we listen to all this whining, we might as well reduce PVP to a random coin-flip, utterly devoid of meaning and skill. But hey, it'll no longer be "p2w" and we'll all be happy. Or something.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-02-12 09:31:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
LordInvisible wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
The thing is those same shinies are available to both players. There is no discrimination towards the boxer who bought better gloves, the other boxer just didn't chose to or perhaps couldn't afford to, but that's a reality that exists in game even without injectors or PLEX.
Dude, srsly?!

You just confirmed what I have written..

And no, something is grinding ISKies, whole other side is buying ISKies. Why should a player with bigger RL wallet have any better gear/skills in virtual world than me?

Thats the P2W situation. If PLEX and injectors wouldnt be, player couldnt legaly abuse his mothers CC to buy a titan..
I'm guessing you somehow overlooked the statement "that's a reality that exists in game even without injectors or PLEX." Even if we removed those not everyone is going to have equal purchasing power via isk. And it certainly won't do anything to help those who don't have access to certain skills. Removing mom's CC doesn't create equality, so what's the next complaint when it's not even in the picture but the other guy still has better gloves?

Algarion Getz wrote:
lol
If we follow that logic, we can introduce gold ammo.
Considering we're talking about things produced and purchased for isk in game I don't see how pointing out people have different amounts of isk for items already in game means entirely different forms of currency should come into play for exclusive items.

In the case of gold ammo there is a discrimination since it has to come from extra cash, in the case of SP there isn't since every active account can produce it.

Algarion Getz wrote:
Its not P2W because everyone can buy it! Its your fault if you dont use it!
Said no one, nor was it even suggested.
123Next page