These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ILLEGAL Hi-sec podding

First post
Author
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#81 - 2016-01-06 16:27:37 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Why did you guys necro such a **** thread?

I didn't I just saw it up there and I liked this megathron fit.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2016-01-06 22:23:09 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Galrak Malinkorn wrote:
There are two kinds of podding going on in eve, legal and illegal, legal from kill rights, dueling, corp wars , and LEGAL agressions, and then there is illegal podding, from ganking and direct illegal aggression, the game mechanics KNOWS the difference, because in the legal case CONCORD WILL NOT get involved, and in the illegal case CONCORD will get involved and will destroy and flag the perpetrator(s). THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS NOW...So the game mechanics KNOWS the difference, and with players being killed in missions the NPCs NEVER pod a players, and also the gankers only use cheap ships and cheap implants on their victims only, knowing that CONCORD will destroy their ships anyway, so this whole issue is solely about "claiming" the amount of kills on a kill board like in some seaside resort arcade game which cheapens and lowers the value of such a good game as Eve.

As HI-SEC illegal podding is possibly a reason for the fall off of new players trying to start in eve, and fairly established players deciding they have had enough of this new phenomenon that has started, and left, I suggest that in the case of Illegal podding in HI-SEC SPACE either on miners, or from gate camps, that ...

1. The podded entity is "resurrected" back at the LAST station it UNDOCKED from, with its complete compliment of implants if any.
2. The ship with all its modules and rigs if any, replaced there too.

ie for the victim player it is as if the incident never happened.

As for the perpetrator, as CONCORD will destroy the ship but at the moment doesn't pod the capsuleer, I suggest

1. as punishment for such an action, the game CAN pod the perpetrator and resurrect them back at their "HOME" station with a NEW bare clone, and a rookie ship. (like it does with the victim now)
2. That NO kill rights are issued for the incident to the victim, and no criminal flag is issued to the perpetrator, ie no need for revenge.
3. There is no ship debris at the point of the incident of either the perpetrator or the victim.

hopefully this action will bring back established players who may have lost a lot through illegal ganking and got fed up and left, and also, wont deter new players from staying on after their trial period.
this way the victim isn't at a loss for this incident, and the perpetrator just gets a slap on the wrist off CONCORD.

For the so called perpetrators, well they have 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, 0.0, and Worm Hole space to carry on with that aspect of the game.

How about a percentage based isk fine for doing it... You pod someone, CONCORD fines you 20% of you current wallet.

There are ways around that of course, place your money in another account and transfer it.

How about this secondary rule: more than 2 illegal poddings in 24 hrs and the player receives red flashy status for 1 week.

Done..

And this kids, is todays stupid comment

Smack talk you can. Support your argument you can not. This is why you fail..
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#83 - 2016-01-06 22:34:45 UTC
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:

Many of the ideas posted here are so blazingly idiotic that they do not warrant a reasoned, articulated response.

It's a bit like perpetual motion machines. You don't have to meticulously deconstruct every "new" claim of having invented a PMM with a thorough, reasoned explanation of the laws of thermodynamics. It is sufficient, at this point, to simply tell anyone claiming to have invented a PMM that they are an imbecile.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Mag's
Azn Empire
#84 - 2016-01-06 22:53:30 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:

Many of the ideas posted here are so blazingly idiotic that they do not warrant a reasoned, articulated response.

It's a bit like perpetual motion machines. You don't have to meticulously deconstruct every "new" claim of having invented a PMM with a thorough, reasoned explanation of the laws of thermodynamics. It is sufficient, at this point, to simply tell anyone claiming to have invented a PMM that they are an imbecile.
Indeed.

The fact they suggested such a bad idea and can't see why it's bad, says it all. They even included the normal sentence for those types, telling us they are not against ganking.

But just one more nerf and it will be balanced. Lol

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2016-01-06 23:50:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyia Suze Nagala
Ganking is fine, just saying those that make it their business ambitions are a little pyschotic, not unlike the rest of us. However, this brand of psychosis needs a little healthy regulating. Just like prescription meds, or other unhealthy addictions.

And as some noted, I don't see why it's not a reasonable idea. You all seem somewhat on the defensive side..
Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2016-01-06 23:57:11 UTC
Anyway, unsubscribing. Have fun punching puppies in the face. I mean carebears!
Paranoid Loyd
#87 - 2016-01-06 23:58:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
You all seem somewhat on the defensive side..
The reality is it's incredibly hard to pod someone in empire space, the "victim" has to not be paying attention for it to happen. So essentially all that is being asked is to not have to pay attention to the game you are playing.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

ISD Buldath
#88 - 2016-01-07 00:29:02 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Normally I do not lock these as redundant Threads are not a issue in The Features and Ideas Board, but this one has caused quite a stir and is getting a lot of flak and issues from others, and is a cesspit of trolling and flaming. It's getting locked for it.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.